Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,154 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

There Is An Oba In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is An Oba In Imo State (3227 Views)

IGP Idris Promotes Policemen Who Killed Notorious "Vampire" In Imo State (photo) / Obasanjo's Son, Oba, In Motor Accident / An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is An Oba In Imo State by zuchyblink(m): 9:26am On Feb 19, 2016
There is an Oba in Imo state and him name is:Hrh Oba Musibau Oladeji, Oba Yoruba Of Imo
State. He has a magnificient palace in Owerri,Yorubas in Imo state pay homage to him and they are his subjects.
I humbly call on the Obas in the west to stop feeling threatened by the Eze ndi Igbos there. This is 21st century,no one can stop there freedom of association besides 'one Nigeria' is paramount to this kingship thing and one Nigeria recognizes lawful association.
Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by zuchyblink(m): 9:34am On Feb 19, 2016
www.nairaland.com/2814045/hrh-oba-musibau-oladeji-oba No one is stopping Yorubas from installing Obas in Igboland
Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by zuchyblink(m): 9:37am On Feb 19, 2016
The Obas should drop their insecurities and do things that will strenghten the peaceful co-existence of Nigerians. The way they are going,i see them as enemies of One NIgeria

1 Like

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by ponkitibobo: 10:05am On Feb 19, 2016
Apart from Imo , mention another place u see Oba Yoruba. And i bet u whatever reverence he enjoys from d Yorubas is based on his personal leadership quality. And it can never b like the way the Ibo are going abt dia Eze Ndigbo stuff. Almost getting to the level of agitating for autonomy in anothers man territory. Nobody, i say nobody can do that in Ibo land. Go to Ibo states and see if u can point to any reasonable number of people from other tribes who succeeds in business in Ibo land.
Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by tpiar: 10:14am On Feb 19, 2016
I just wonder why nlers like to attempt to link Imo state and Yorubas by force?

Did Imo state say they are Yoruboid?

Just wondering.
Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by sirade(m): 10:20am On Feb 19, 2016
ponkitibobo:
Apart from Imo , mention another place u see Oba Yoruba. And i bet u whatever reverence he enjoys from d Yorubas is based on his personal leadership quality. And it can never b like the way the Ibo are going abt dia Eze Ndigbo stuff. Almost getting to the level of agitating for autonomy in anothers man territory. Nobody, i say nobody can do that in Ibo land. Go to Ibo states and see if u can point to any reasonable number of people from other tribes who succeeds in business in Ibo land.

as for the bolded, whose fault is it?
Should Igbos force other Nigerian to reside and be successfull in their domain?
Will Igbos force other Nigeria to be adventureous business wise?

I read almost everyday on this site how people from other part of Nigeria mock and use all sorts of derogatory remark on anything Igbo, like the region is erosion ravaged, they are fleeing their region because of hardship etc.

My dear we are in a competitive world, venture out and see success locate you.

So don't blame the Igbos for failure of other Nigerians to make it in Igboland.

God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by betterABIAstate: 10:20am On Feb 19, 2016
ponkitibobo:
stop saying thrash please

First of all, you never think of leaving your place to igboland, so you know nothing about igboland.
Secondly, hausas succeed very well in business in igboland, that you have decided not to come to igboland does not mean you will sit in the comfort of your bedroom to type nonsense.

Hausas and igbos go to other peoples land and succeed, yorubas are not really comfortable going outside to set up businesses, even in Hausa land, you rarely see a yoruba business man there.

7 Likes

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by Olive33: 10:29am On Feb 19, 2016
angry

4 Likes

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by Bugatie(m): 10:29am On Feb 19, 2016
ponkitibobo:
Apart from Imo , mention another place u see Oba Yoruba. And i bet u whatever reverence he enjoys from d[b] Yorubas is based on his personal leadership quality[/b]. And it can never b like the way the Ibo are going abt dia Eze Ndigbo stuff. Almost getting to the level of agitating for autonomy in anothers man territory. Nobody, i say nobody can do that in Ibo land. Go to Ibo states and see if u can point to any reasonable number of people from other tribes who succeeds in business in Ibo land.

Just say what you know bros, our Yoruba community has an Oba in Enugu and he is seen as a great voice and influence among the people.

...and you think the Oba is reverred as a result of his leadership qualities while his Igbo counterpart has no leadership quality.
Stop sounding so unintelligible

3 Likes

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by chumada: 10:33am On Feb 19, 2016
Same with abia state..... but igbos don't feel threatened with their oba tittle. I wonder why we are one Nigeria if we can't tolerate each other culture

Alhaji Adebayo Azeez is his name
Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by chiefobdk(m): 11:02am On Feb 19, 2016
ponkitibobo:
Apart from Imo , mention another place u see Oba Yoruba. And i bet u whatever reverence he enjoys from d Yorubas is based on his personal leadership quality. And it can never b like the
way the Ibo are going abt dia Eze Ndigbo stuff. Almost getting to the level of agitating for autonomy in anothers man territory. Nobody, i say nobody can do that in Ibo land. Go to Ibo states and see if u can point to any reasonable number of people from other tribes who succeeds in business in Ibo land.

pls tell me how many Yoruba succed in business even in Ur so called lagos.

3 Likes

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by MrEverest(m): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
So much for one Nigeria. The arrogance & ethnocentrism of the wasterners will balkanize Nigeria faster than Ipob.
Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by One1after: 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
chiefobdk:

pls tell me how many Yoruba succed in business even in Ur so called lagos.

See talk. Face your gala hawking and stop spewing nonsense on nairaland. Not good for you.

1 Like

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by One1after: 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
MrEverest:
So much for one Nigeria. The arrogance & ethnocentrism of the wasterners will balkanize Nigeria faster than Ipob.

Akpu man from the sad beast.

1 Like

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by 7lives: 1:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
sirade:

as for the bolded, whose fault is it?
Should Igbos force other Nigerian to reside and be successfull in their domain?
Will Igbos force other Nigeria to be adventureous business wise?

I read almost everyday on this site how people from other part of Nigeria mock and use all sorts of derogatory remark on anything Igbo, like the region is erosion ravaged, they are fleeing their region because of hardship etc.

My dear we are in a competitive world, venture out and see success locate you.

So don't blame the Igbos for failure of other Nigerians to make it in Igboland.

God bless Nigeria

Park well, wetin i go leave civilization go do for " BARBARIA " ordinary youth service way my junior ones go do for Imo and Ebonyin na so so bad news dem bring back.

P
P
Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by chiefobdk(m): 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
One1after:

See talk. Face your gala hawking and stop spewing nonsense on nairaland. Not good for you.

na today? mtchewwww. erisco Don open tomatoes plant for una to masturbate on top. Wen we tell u Igbo people own lagos. U go wan die put...

Lagos is no more NO MANS LAND.
IGBO BOYS NOW OWN LAGOS.
DEM DON BUY LAGOS FINISH

for my close in festac. 1 out of d remaining 5 yoruba people living here just put his house for sale...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by sirade(m): 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
7lives:

Park well, wetin i go leave civilization go do for " BARBARIA " ordinary youth service way my junior ones go do for Imo and Ebonyin na so so bad news dem bring back.

P
P

successful personnels are not cowed by hear say.
They venture out to have the first hand experience.

Keep on believing everything you heard tomorrow you will be the one complaining that other Nigerian don't succeed business wise in Igboland.

Cheers bro
Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by One1after: 4:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
[s]
chiefobdk:

na today? mtchewwww. erisco Don open tomatoes plant for una to masturbate on top. Wen we tell u Igbo people own lagos. U go wan die put...

IGBO BOYS NOW OWN LAGOS.
DEM DON BUY LAGOS FINISH

for my close in festac. 1 out of d remaining 5 yoruba people living here just put his house for sale...
[/s]

Keep believing your own lies. Were you not part of the mourners crying when Fashola chased you destitute out of Lagos, you cried few weeks ago when Ambode destroyed Oshodi yet you splashing smelly spit here disgracing your family. Lmaoooo. Selling gala in traffic while you share a room with 40 of your siblings can not make you own Lagos. Buhahahahah

4 Likes

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by Ngozibotic(f): 4:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
chiefobdk:

IGBO BOYS NOW OWN LAGOS.
DEM DON BUY LAGOS FINISH

Nna...as an nnewi babe...
Let me say the truth.... angry
Yorubas don't live in festac anymore...
Because it has become dirty and cheap... angry
Due to the migration of hungry miscreants
Let us go back home and develop our land
Are we not ashamed
Chukwu okike abiama o... sad

3 Likes

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by Karanka: 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
ponkitibobo:
Oh Just shut it!
I thought you guys were saying it was only Igbos that have Ezes in another man's land,and here they've shown you a link clearly showing an Oba in Igboland and you've started talking from another side of your mouth!
What is even the matter with folks like you? What kind of insecurity and inferiority complex is this in this 21st century?
When people call most of you cowards and hypocrites,you now see they have valid reason for that.
You better travel and see how things are done elsewhere apart from your village.
The world doesn't start and end in that your village.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by mightyokwy(m): 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
ponkitibobo:
Even in ur land can you point to a reasonable number of people from ur tribe that is doing better than igbos. My brother laziness is a disease.
Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by babyfaceafrica: 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
Imo state indigenes are the liberal ones in the SE ,the marry people outside their zone a lot unlike the hardcore igbo states,the relate more with outsiders,its even the only SE state that has an APc governor and national assembly epresentatives.....my guess is that if the first SE president of Nigeria will come from there....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by UrbanMystique: 6:33pm On Feb 19, 2016
IMO is the only less bigoted state in south east now. That's why APC was able to win that state.
Even imo people are the most enlightened in south east because they travel and inter marry a lot .unlike the rest of eroded east.

By the way, we don't want eze in Yoruba land, its against our tradition, either agree or pack your load and move back to alaibo. If imo people don't want oba in their land, they should also do the same. Cancel the post.. Simple as ABC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by chiefobdk(m): 6:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
One1after:
[s][/s]

Keep believing your own lies. Were you not part of the mourners crying when Fashola chased you destitute out of Lagos, you cried few weeks ago when Ambode destroyed Oshodi yet you splashing smelly spit here disgracing your family. Lmaoooo. Selling gala in traffic while you share a room with 40 of your siblings can not make you own Lagos. Buhahahahah

painment.com.

oh. e pain am say him brodas Don sell dia house take throw owambe....

Chaiii.

1 Like

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by One1after: 7:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
chiefobdk:

painment.com.

oh. e pain am say him brodas Don sell dia house take throw owambe....

Chaiii.

Buhahaha You are the pained one. Just mocking your foolishness, its fun when you see a poverty stricken man deceiving himself. Its fun bro. Lol

1 Like

Re: There Is An Oba In Imo State by joyandfaith: 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
ponkitibobo:

kano,Enugu, katsina,funtua,markudi have obas of Yoruba.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The "Gifts" Soldiers Were Seen Sending To Boko Haram In The North. Photos / Missing Chibok Girl: Lagbaja Even Followed Them To See Buhari - Hilarious Photo / PHOTOS: Some Of The Cars Recovered From Former Nigeria Police Force Police IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.