Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) (7730 Views)

Man Spots ‘dead’ Wife With Another Man In Lagos / Cream To Use For Dark Skin That Clear Spots / 5 Best Family Hangout Spots In Lagos For Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by TheHeGoat: 4:51pm On Mar 02, 2016
Beremx:
I disagree with you!
Most times a pride consists of just one male lion and about 10 lionesses and 30 cubs, or even more. The lionesses do the hunting but allow the lion to feed first. I mean, they would wait until the lion is fully satisfied before they start eating. It's not just a mark of respect. They understand how dangerous a fully grown lion can be when provoked

1 Like

Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by K9blunt(f): 1:20am On Mar 03, 2016
matrix199:
I've spent most of my life studying Panthera leo. I've gat loads of materials on lions. They turn out to be my favorite beast.

What transpired wasn't jealousy. It has nothing to do with emotion. Lions are social animals. Faithfulness is rarely seen in both male and female lions. What happened was just a spar to remind him of their coalition agreement. You see, the lioness needs him more than he needs her. She doesn't want him attracted to the other lioness, lest he gets distracted, with divided attention. In as much as the lioness do the hunting, the male owns the kill. Without him around, she can never keep the kill as there are lots of hyenas lurking round, waiting to mob a sole lioness, or even a small group of lioness, with the intent to steal their kill. With the male around, the kill is secured, because hyenas dread adult male lions a lot.

Don't u just love similes like.... As brave as a lion?! I saw a scene where a large group of hyenas mobbed 5 lionesses. All of a sudden, the male lion showed up from nowhere, chased down the matriarch(the leader of the hyenas which is the oldest and biggest hyena in the clan. It's a female by the way). The lion caught up with her and killed her. The other hyenas ran for dare lives.

I'm so crazy about lions. I love the creatures.

Wao, this is enlightening. I personally fancy wolves.

Majestic, loyal to a fault and don't fancy trouble.

Unlike lions that are polygamous in nature, male wolves on the other hand mate with their respective females for life. When it comes to hunting the male wolves go out in a pack to hunt, bringing their respective kills to their females caring for the home and cubs.
I love their arrangements
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by SAMBARRY: 4:28am On Mar 03, 2016
Apparently even some lionesses have more intelligence than all this skelewu babes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by matrix199(m): 4:38am On Mar 03, 2016
K9blunt:

Wao, this is enlightening. I personally fancy wolves.

Majestic, loyal to a fault and don't fancy trouble.

Unlike lions that are polygamous in nature, male wolves on the other hand mate with their respective females for life. When it comes to hunting the male wolves go out in a pack to hunt, bringing their respective kills to their females caring for the home and cubs.
I love their arrangements

Yea! Wolves are loyal and faithful beasts. The alpha male and the alpha females mate for life, unless one is killed by a large prey like the moose, or by another bigger predator like the grizzly bear, then the other wolves wld fight to earn his or her position. But if the other male wolves are related to her by blood(sons), she would never allow anyone of the sons who wants to succeed the late alpha male wolf, to mate with her, until an outside male, who is strong enough to lead the pack comes to entice her. The alpha female's urine contains a hormone that suppresses the fertility of other female wolves in the pack, rendering them sterile. The alpha male wolf exerts his authority by regularly bullying the younger male wolves into submission.

What I like about the wolves is the way they hunt. Unlike the lions that stalk and ambush their prey, the wolves announce their presence to the prey, letting it know their intention. They wld chase down the prey for several kilometers till the prey wears out. When they finally catch up with it, it's dinner time!

But I love lions a lot. The male lion is designed for two purposes: to mate and to fight. The roar of a lion is dreadful. It can be heard 5km away. The wolf is principled, the lion is ruthless. After a take over(when a younger and stronger male lion(s) take over the pride), they kill all the cubs. This is to ensure the mothers quickly come into heat/estrus, for mating. It may seem cruel, but that's how it is in the lion society. The male mate as quickly as it can, so the expectant cubs can grow under his protection, within the limited time he has to own the pride.

I've always wanted to be a zoologist, but I ended up in the medical line.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by K9blunt(f): 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
matrix199:

Yea! Wolves are loyal and faithful beasts. The alpha male and the alpha females mate for life, unless one is killed by a large prey like the moose, or by another bigger predator like the grizzly bear, then the other wolves wld fight to earn his or her position. But if the other male wolves are related to her by blood(sons), she would never allow anyone of the sons who wants to succeed the late alpha male wolf, to mate with her, until an outside male, who is strong enough to lead the pack comes to entice her. The alpha female's urine contains a hormone that suppresses the fertility of other female wolves in the pack, rendering them sterile. The alpha male wolf exerts his authority by regularly bullying the younger male wolves into submission.

What I like about the wolves is the way they hunt. Unlike the lions that stalk and ambush their prey, the wolves announce their presence to the prey, letting it know their intention. They wld chase down the prey for several kilometers till the prey wears out. When they finally catch up with it, it's dinner time!

But I love lions a lot. The male lion is designed for two purposes: to mate and to fight. The roar of a lion is dreadful. It can be heard 5km away. The wolf is principled, the lion is ruthless. After a take over(when a younger and stronger male lion(s) take over the pride), they kill all the cubs. This is to ensure the mothers quickly come into heat/estrus, for mating. It may seem cruel, but that's how it is in the lion society. The male mate as quickly as it can, so the expectant cubs can grow under his protection, within the limited time he has to own the pride.

I've always wanted to be a zoologist, but I ended up in the medical line.

I admit you're good, as for zoologist, same here but I just hate calculus Like a plague.

I hope to start an animal shelter when I box up financially.
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
I THOUGHT we kicked the feminism out of your brain lol ....anything to massage your ego eih
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Fulaman198(m): 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2016
TheHeGoat:

Most times a pride consists of just one male lion and about 10 lionesses and 30 cubs, or even more. The lionesses do the hunting but allow the lion to feed first. I mean, they would wait until the lion is fully satisfied before they start eating. It's not just a mark of respect. They understand how dangerous a fully grown lion can be when provoked

That's a bit of an exaggeration sha. I'd say most lion prides are typically based on 2 resident male lions, whom are typically brothers and anywhere from 5 - 10 lionesses. 30 cubs seems a bit over excessive. I'd say typically around 10 cubs or so.

Sometimes though there are rare or extreme cases where there are 4 - 8 male lions, typically all brothers. It's amazing though when one sees that.

1 Like

Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by matrix199(m): 6:30am On Mar 19, 2016
Fulaman198:

That's a bit of an exaggeration sha. I'd say most lion prides are typically based on 2 resident male lions, whom are typically brothers and anywhere from 5 - 10 lionesses. 30 cubs seems a bit over excessive. I'd say typically around 10 cubs or so.

Sometimes though there are rare or extreme cases where there are 4 - 8 male lions, typically all brothers. It's amazing though when one sees that.

Coalition of 3 male lions is common. Coalition of 4 is rare. 8 is impossible. You can't find a pride made of 5, 6, 7, 8 male pride lions.

Also, they don't have to necessarily be brothers, though most coalitions are brothers. Some are coalitions of 'sebador' males from neighbouring prides who were ousted after take over, or by their pride fathers who cldn't tolerate them anymore.

You're right about the 5-10 lionesses making up a pride. These lionesses may bear 2 to 3 cubs, having a total of at most 20 cubs. And yes, I've seen a pride with over 30 lions(adult lionesses, adolescent male and female lions, and cubs), with no pride male lion(s).
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by cckris: 6:38am On Mar 19, 2016
onila:
soo sexy
Onila still dey nairaland?
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Fulaman198(m): 7:50am On Mar 19, 2016
matrix199:

Coalition of 3 male lions is common. Coalition of 4 is rare. 8 is impossible. You can't find a pride made of 5, 6, 7, 8 male pride lions.

Also, they don't have to necessarily be brothers, though most coalitions are brothers. Some are coalitions of 'sebador' males from neighbouring prides who were ousted after take over, or by their pride fathers who cldn't tolerate them anymore.

You're right about the 5-10 lionesses making up a pride. These lionesses may bear 2 to 3 cubs, having a total of at most 20 cubs. And yes, I've seen a pride with over 30 lions(adult lionesses, adolescent male and female lions, and cubs), with no pride male lion(s).

Don't say you can't, because you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z56cxcrwihc

20 cubs is extremely rare. Also most cubs don't make it past their first few months which is crucial.
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by matrix199(m): 8:01am On Mar 19, 2016
Fulaman198:

Don't say you can't, because you can:

20 cubs is extremely rare. Also most cubs don't make it past their first few months which is crucial.

Are those pride males in the wild? Or males that grew up together in a sanctuary?

I don't have enough data to watch the video
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Fulaman198(m): 8:09am On Mar 19, 2016
matrix199:

Are those pride males in the wild? Or males that grew up together in a sanctuary?

I don't have enough data to watch the video

They are wild males of course. That's not the only occurrence. I have been watching lion documentaries almost my entire life. I have seen some amazing things in regards to lions. They are my favourite animal alongside Tigers.
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by matrix199(m): 8:29am On Mar 19, 2016
Fulaman198:

They are wild males of course. That's not the only occurrence. I have been watching lion documentaries almost my entire life. I have seen some amazing things in regards to lions. They are my favourite animal alongside Tigers.

I've seen 4 male lions oust two male lions from a pride. I just haven't seen 5 or more male lions form coalitions. Maybe I'm yet to watch a documentary on that.

I'm crazy about these creatures. Have u been to ibadan zoo lately? Have u seen the adult male lion there? That beast is big. The first time I saw the beast, it was emotional for me, seeing the creature I love so much in real life.

1 Like

Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Fulaman198(m): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2016
matrix199:

I've seen 4 male lions oust two male lions from a pride. I just haven't seen 5 or more male lions form coalitions. Maybe I'm yet to watch a documentary on that.

I'm crazy about these creatures. Have u been to ibadan zoo lately? Have u seen the adult male lion there? That beast is big. The first time I saw the beast, it was emotional for me, seeing the creature I love so much in real life.

Yah any pride with 4 or more males is extremely rare, it's definitely not the norm (i mentioned it was extremely rare lolllll). I too have seen 4 males oust 2 males.

Typically speaking, most prides are comprised of 2 males. Sadly, I have not been to the Ibadan zoo yet. I will go one of these days for sure trust me on that one. Have you ever been to the Yankari game reserve? I want to go badly, now is not the time though but I will go within the next few years.
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by matrix199(m): 8:49am On Mar 19, 2016
Fulaman198:

Yah any pride with 4 or more males is extremely rare, it's definitely not the norm (i mentioned it was extremely rare lolllll). I too have seen 4 males oust 2 males.

Typically speaking, most prides are comprised of 2 males. Sadly, I have not been to the Ibadan zoo yet. I will go one of these days for sure trust me on that one. Have you ever been to the Yankari game reserve? I want to go badly, now is not the time though but I will go within the next few years.

Yankari? Do they stil have animals there? I tot all the animals have emigrated out from yankari becos of boko haram. Just kidding.

But then, the lions in yankari are west african specie. They are smaller compared with the Panthera leo africanus(the ones in tanzania, South Africa, Kenya, Malawi, Botswana, Namibia, Uganda). The lions in ibadan zoo were brought from tanzania.

1 Like

Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Fulaman198(m): 9:16am On Mar 19, 2016
matrix199:

Yankari? Do they stil have animals there? I tot all the animals have emigrated out from yankari becos of boko haram. Just kidding.

But then, the lions in yankari are west african specie. They are smaller compared with the Panthera leo africanus(the ones in tanzania, South Africa, Kenya, Malawi, Botswana, Namibia, Uganda). The lions in ibadan zoo were brought from tanzania.

That's very true. The largest lions are from the Masai Mara and Southern Africa. The West African lions are not as large as their other African lion counterparts, nor are their manes as impressive. I wonder if the Asiatic lion is related to the West African lion.
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by matrix199(m): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2016
Fulaman198:

That's very true. The largest lions are from the Masai Mara and Southern Africa. The West African lions are not as large as their other African lion counterparts, nor are their manes as impressive. I wonder if the Asiatic lion is related to the West African lion.

I wish they can rename the Asiatic lion to something else. It's not as impressive, majestic, and large as the African lion. They are way too small. They are very very very distant related.

I actually spend lots of data watching lion vs tiger fights on youtube. Who do you think is the stronger? Better fighter? And larger?
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Fulaman198(m): 9:58am On Mar 19, 2016
matrix199:

I wish they can rename the Asiatic lion to something else. It's not as impressive, majestic, and large as the African lion. They are way too small. They are very very very distant related.

I actually spend lots of data watching lion vs tiger fights on youtube. Who do you think is the stronger? Better fighter? And larger?

Tigers are typically larger than lions albeit not by much. Tigers are longer and slightly heavier whilst lions are slightly taller at the shoulder. The weight difference is about +/- 25kgs typically speaking when comparing a large lion with a large tiger.

In regards to strength and which cat is the better fighter, it boils down to the individual cat and their level of aggression.

One may think that the lion would be the better fighter as male lions spend their entire lives fighting and defending their territory and females.

Tigers are loners. They try to avoid conflict more so than lions. I really think it depends on the individual cat.
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Destinygrl(f): 10:10am On Mar 19, 2016
lol dealing with the cheating partner not the side chick
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by matrix199(m): 10:12am On Mar 19, 2016
Fulaman198:

Tigers are typically larger than lions albeit not by much. Tigers are longer and slightly heavier whilst lions are slightly taller at the shoulder. The weight difference is about +/- 25kgs typically speaking when comparing a large lion with a large tiger.

In regards to strength and which cat is the better fighter, it boils down to the individual cat and their level of aggression.

One may think that the lion would be the better fighter as male lions spend their entire lives fighting and defending their territory and females.

Tigers are loners. They try to avoid conflict more so than lions. I really think it depends on the individual cat.

Well said!

But on the average, I'll say it's the lion, becos from birth to the end of his life, violence mars his life. If you observe the face of an adult male lion, it's full of scars, and scratches, from constant fight to win a pride, or defend it. A pride male mostly fight 2 or more intruding males wanting to take over. Whereas, a male tiger is disposed to fight one male intruder, since tigers are solitary cats. The lion is trained to fight more, so fighting one wld be much easier for him. The tiger on the other hand won't find two challengers easy.

The aggression of the lion is an edge over the tiger. The lion has a slightly higher testosterone level than the tiger, giving him a deeper roar and intimating tendency, plus the mane makes him seem bigger than the tiger, instilling fear into the tiger. The tiger has a submissive tendency. Most often, in the fight, the tiger lies on his back exposing his four claws to deter the lion who always seem to close in on the tiger, even if the tiger is throwing accurate jabs at him.

Honestly, the lion is a fearless beast.
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Moana(f): 10:19am On Mar 19, 2016
Vyolet:
So after fighting the side chick slightly, she pounced on her man fiercely, funny illustration. undecided.
When your man cheats, you have no business with the side chick, you should hold your man responsible.
no you got it wrong angry slap the side chick then beat the guy up grin
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Moana(f): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2016
Dyt:
So I am not abnormal afterall
undecided undecided undecided
have you fought a guy before?
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Dyt(f): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2016
Moana:
have you fought a guy before?

With my mouth
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by lullu: 11:49am On Mar 19, 2016
Thumbs up to you. u have really taken your time to study this beast.
matrix199:

Well said!

But on the average, I'll say it's the lion, becos from birth to the end of his life, violence mars his life. If you observe the face of an adult male lion, it's full of scars, and scratches, from constant fight to win a pride, or defend it. A pride male mostly fight 2 or more intruding males wanting to take over. Whereas, a male tiger is disposed to fight one male intruder, since tigers are solitary cats. The lion is trained to fight more, so fighting one wld be much easier for him. The tiger on the other hand won't find two challengers easy.

The aggression of the lion is an edge over the tiger. The lion has a slightly higher testosterone level than the tiger, giving him a deeper roar and intimating tendency, plus the mane makes him seem bigger than the tiger, instilling fear into the tiger. The tiger has a submissive tendency. Most often, in the fight, the tiger lies on his back exposing his four claws to deter the lion who always seem to close in on the tiger, even if the tiger is throwing accurate jabs at him.

Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by LegatusGlaber(m): 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
SAMBARRY:
Apparently even some lionesses have more intelligence than all this skelewu babes

Shots fired!!!

1 Like

Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Fulaman198(m): 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
matrix199:

Well said!

You could be right, but I have heard of instances in which Tigers have overpowered Lions and Lions have overpowered Tigers, that's why I don't believe that it's safe to rush to conclusions on which is stronger.

Whilst it is true that the man may serve has some form of defence mechanism against the tigers claws and teeth, we still can not factor out the 25kg weight differential. From that perspective, that is an extra 25kgs of muscle pounding at the lion.

The typical average Male lion does indeed go through more fights in his entire lifetime than the typical male Tiger. Lions appear to be more fearless than Tigers in most instances as Lions not only ward off other Lions, but Hyenas as well. In India to the Indian China with border (where the Bengal Tiger roams), and in Siberia (where the Siberian tiger roams), Tigers are the Apex predator with little competition. The black bears found in India are of no match to the tiger. So there really is nothing to compare to hyenas that the Tiger must face off against. One could say that Tigers have it kind of easy compared to Lions.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that while it is very possible that the Lion is the better fighter of the two large cats, it's impossible to come to a formidable conclusion that X(Lion) is greater than Y (Tiger). There has not been enough scientific data to formulate such a claim/observation.
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by matrix199(m): 7:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
Fulaman198:

You could be right, but I have heard of instances in which Tigers have overpowered Lions and Lions have overpowered Tigers, that's why I don't believe that it's safe to rush to conclusions on which is stronger.

Whilst it is true that the man may serve has some form of defence mechanism against the tigers claws and teeth, we still can not factor out the 25kg weight differential. From that perspective, that is an extra 25kgs of muscle pounding at the lion.

The typical average Male lion does indeed go through more fights in his entire lifetime than the typical male Tiger. Lions appear to be more fearless than Tigers in most instances as Lions not only ward off other Lions, but Hyenas as well. In India to the Indian China with border (where the Bengal Tiger roams), and in Siberia (where the Siberian tiger roams), Tigers are the Apex predator with little competition. The black bears found in India are of no match to the tiger. So there really is nothing to compare to hyenas that the Tiger must face off against. One could say that Tigers have it kind of easy compared to Lions.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that while it is very possible that the Lion is the better fighter of the two large cats, it's impossible to come to a formidable conclusion that X(Lion) is greater than Y (Tiger). There has not been enough scientific data to formulate such a claim/observation.

Weight doesn't necessarily determine strength. Bone density and muscle mass do. The tiger is heavier, but not necessarily stronger. The tiger jabs with both paws, standing on his hind legs like a boxer. The lion on the other hand can't stand on both hind legs throwing jabs, cos the hind legs are not as built as that of the tiger. The lion throws a heavy one paw at a time swipe, with increase force.

Here's why the lion wld win. The tiger is used to fighting his kind standing on his hind legs. An average tiger fighting an average lion, the outcome may not favor the tiger becos the lion won't fight it the way the tiger is used to, the jab technique. The lion wld compel the tiger to fight in his own way. The tiger is left to attack the lion head on. He'll trying to severe his neck bone with a bite, but the tufted mane is there to protect the lion's neck. The lion wld shake him off and lunge at him with a heavy swipe.

But then, the reason why I'll stake my bet on the lion is becos of his fearlessness. I saw a stage fight btw a grizzly bear and a wild spanish bull, tthe bear swiped at the bull, breaking his collar bone. The bull died within a minute or so. Then they had to bring in an African male lion. As soon as the lion was brought in, the bear discreetly withdrew, but the lion charged at it, the bear was forced to respond. The fight was tough, but the bear severe the lion's skull with his dagger-like claws. The lion didn't die immediately. It was there groaning in pain, while the bear withdrew.

I saw another fight btw an African lion and a silverback gorilla. The fight was tough, but the lion came out victorious.

Honestly, the lion is strong, ruthless, fearless, brave, and majestic. I love the lion like kilode!

1 Like

Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Fulaman198(m): 8:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
matrix199:

Weight doesn't necessarily determine strength. Bone density and muscle mass do. The tiger is heavier, but not necessarily stronger. The tiger jabs with both paws, standing on his hind legs like a boxer. The lion on the other hand can't stand on both hind legs throwing jabs, cos the hind legs are not as built as that of the tiger. The lion throws a heavy one paw at a time swipe, with increase force.

Here's why the lion wld win. The tiger is used to fighting his kind standing on his hind legs. An average tiger fighting an average lion, the outcome may not favor the tiger becos the lion won't fight it the way the tiger is used to, the jab technique. The lion wld compel the tiger to fight in his own way. The tiger is left to attack the lion head on. He'll trying to severe his neck bone with a bite, but the tufted mane is there to protect the lion's neck. The lion wld shake him off and lunge at him with a heavy swipe.

But then, the reason why I'll stake my bet on the lion is becos of his fearlessness. I saw a stage fight btw a grizzly bear and a wild spanish bull, tthe bear swiped at the bull, breaking his collar bone. The bull died within a minute or so. Then they had to bring in an African male lion. As soon as the lion was brought in, the bear discreetly withdrew, but the lion charged at it, the bear was forced to respond. The fight was tough, but the bear severe the lion's skull with his dagger-like claws. The lion didn't die immediately. It was there groaning in pain, while the bear withdrew.

I saw another fight btw an African lion and a silverback gorilla. The fight was tough, but the lion came out victorious.

Honestly, the lion is strong, ruthless, fearless, brave, and majestic. I love the lion like kilode!

Whomever is staging all these fights in all honesty which I can tell you is most likely happening in the Western world has no care whatsoever about getting animals injured. I don't mean to sound like a Western extreme Left Liberal, but I hate it when I see wild animals being abused.

I love Lions too, I love Tigers as well and I'm not on either ones side. I honestly would not want to see them fight because I love them both equally (not partial to either one). However, humans pit these animals against one another (and even keep them in the same cage from time to time). I sometimes don't often understand the mindset of human beings.
Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by matrix199(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
Fulaman198:

Whomever is staging all these fights in all honesty which I can tell you is most likely happening in the Western world has no care whatsoever about getting animals injured. I don't mean to sound like a Western extreme Left Liberal, but I hate it when I see wild animals being abused.

I love Lions too, I love Tigers as well and I'm not on either ones side. I honestly would not want to see them fight because I love them both equally (not partial to either one). However, humans pit these animals against one another (and even keep them in the same cage from time to time). I sometimes don't often understand the mindset of human beings.

I also hate seeing these lions get injured, maimed, or killed. I'm not much of a tiger fan because I didn't get to watch more documentaries on tigers. But I hate seeing them get killed by poachers. The tiger is pretty much at risk of poaching because of its skin, and because of local beliefs that the bone of a tiger is medicinal.

Those staging the fights are gamble cartels. They stage these fights to make millions of dollar from gambling. In that particular stage fight, the bet was how long the bull wld survive the fight. Bt within a minute, the fight was over. So they had to stage another one that wld be tougher, match-4-match, so they brought in the lion. The lion fought well, it fought for about 5minutes, b4 the bear swiped his head with his dagger-like claws. I felt bad seeing the lion groan in pain.

Well, what can we do? nothing. Some humans choose to abuse the dominion we have over animals.

2 Likes

Re: Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) by Fulaman198(m): 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2016
matrix199:

I also hate seeing these lions get injured, maimed, or killed. I'm not much of a tiger fan because I didn't get to watch more documentaries on tigers. But I hate seeing them get killed by poachers. The tiger is pretty much at risk of poaching because of its skin, and because of local beliefs that the bone of a tiger is medicinal.

Those staging the fights are gamble cartels. They stage these fights to make millions of dollar from thru gambling. In that particular stage fight, the bet was how long the bull wld survive the fight. Bt within a minute, the fight was over. So they had to stage another one that wld be tougher, match-4-match, so they brought in the lion. The lion fought well, it fought for about 5minutes, b4 the bear swiped his head with his dagger-like claws. I felt bad seeing the lion groan in pain.

Well, what can we do? nothing. Some humans choose to abuse the dominion we have over animals.

That's true. When you have data, I urge you to watch the Tiger documentaries on YouTube.

Tigers are almost extinct (especially in the Siberian region of Russia). There are roughly 300 tigers left in that region when there used to be thousands.

African Lions are endangered as well, because there are corrupt African leaders that allow Westerners with money to hunt them.

It's a pity that no 2 humans have an equal grasp of the world or an equal thought process.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? / Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— / In The Spirit Of Christmas, Please Stop Child Abuse/bullying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.