Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting (11961 Views)

Captain Gidado Killed By Boko Haram Buried At Military Cemetery,Maiduguri(Pics) / Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Buhari Should Pay Universities Earned Allowance Before Paying Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by Fime2000: 1:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
i don't kn why dis yeye country nigeria is like dis,one idiot sitting on their money refuse 2 pay them. they should pay them b4 going anywere.
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by Reference(m): 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
babadem2much:
This is exactly what this guys are going through but we from the outside think they are grumbling or indiscipline,

PMB please listen to their plea and sack those involved

What kind of stupid statement is this. Doesn't this sound like mutiny to you. Does a soldier have any option but to obey his orders at his inconvenience. Should they have an option when and how they do their duties.. We know everything is deteriorating in Nigeria but if discipline goes as well, kiss this country good bye.
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by Buraka(m): 1:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
ishiamu:
President Buhari pay them.... you have money for junketeering you won't pay people risking their life??

You this dullard God will punish you

A Product of a Leaking Condom. were
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by udumosam23(m): 1:50pm On Feb 19, 2016
Demdem:
Sudan operation is paid for by the UN. We need to be sure that the UN has paid up first. If then these soldiers must be paid.
Besides, are they the only soldiers we have? They just came back from an operation, while draft them again to face evil boko immediately. They need more time with their families.

Maybe, to offer them as sacrificial lambs, so that when their monies eventually arrive from UN, they would have been long gone. Then someone will divert as usual.

Since every other avenue is blocked, someone got to think faster to make quick money. This is Nigeria.
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by aloeman15(m): 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
Baba bubu, pls recall wot led to ur ouster 30years ago. You've been replicating policies that are 3 decades old- only this time you're spending hard currency on needless travel.

You have ambassadors, several attaches and many nigerians with business interests in all these nations you've visited. Any one of them would gladly represent you and nigeria in whatever forum- unless of course, you deem them as incompetent, untrustworthy or otherwise unfit for the role.

There are retired armed forces' officers who haven't been paid their pensions for some months. Now, rank and file soldiers are allegedly complaining.

Sit down and face your work.
A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by udumosam23(m): 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
Reference:

What kind of stupid statement is this. Doesn't this sound like mutiny to you. Does a soldier have any option but to obey his orders at his inconvenience. Should they have an option when and how they do their duties.. We know everything is deteriorating in Nigeria but if discipline goes as well, kiss this country good bye.

My friend, their immediate posting is not justified, except it is serving as a punishment. For Christ sake they have families. Pay them for the mission they just came back from, then send them for another, why will they die for nothing?
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by Sultanchidi(m): 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
DOUBLEWAHALA:
Did dey demand 4 an allowance b4 beatin up a bus driver in lagos state?

Did dey demand 4 an allowance b4 d female soldier molest a man?

Did dey demand 4 an allowance b4 shootin unarmed protesters

Too many 2 mention

Give dem d allowance and watch dem drop dia gun
so u mean dey should not be paid dere entitlement and u expect dem to go and fight boko boys just because of d sily reasons u gave. If any of ur relation is involved wil u utter such comment
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by babadem2much(m): 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
Reference:

My friend, this is a contract and they have paid the defence before they came back from mission in dollars through their domicilary acct and you call their rights (money) mutiny? I pray it happens to your family member in the military. Look their are things we don't need to mention here, this guys gallantly represent the country with dignity so they should be paid what belongs to them since they deserve to be treated like humans.

I always pray that God should come to their rescue through the president
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by Sayelabola(m): 2:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
lecturerdabo:
See what soldiers in Jos/Bauchi wear as uniforms!

Lecturerdabo, it's unfair to note that the Nigeiran Army authority isn't doing well enough in terms of supplying of kits to the soldiers.

But that aside. This shouldn't be an excuse for a personnel to dress filthy.

Although it cost a fortune to acquire a new military kit....uniform from 15k upward (including tailoring), desert boot for about 7k in the other cities and between 11,000 upward in the Northeast.

But some of us are so stingy to an unbelievably level.

And most of those I find on this list are those smoke and drug addicts.

You can find them in every barrack.

As for those in these photos, I believe this is just one of their play wear, rag wear or old wear.

We all have a pair similar to such. Smile
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by theMEGAman(m): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Islie:

www.punchng.com/soldiers-demand-allowance-maiduguri-posting/

some said that GEJ is the worst president, I agree but during his regime we never had about non payment or delay payment of allowances of security, mass sacking of workers, hardship in high level, economy dawn fall, devaluation of naira to dollar every day not even weeks or month gap, most corrupted budget presentation since nigerian history and business crumbling. All this is happening under APC government within 8 to 9 month of their leadership, I believe that no matter the condition of nigeria ppl must survive.
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by Alfredcolumbus(m): 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
yes they should be rewarded grin
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by Alekkz(m): 2:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
DOUBLEWAHALA:
Did dey demand 4 an allowance b4 beatin up a bus driver in lagos state?

Did dey demand 4 an allowance b4 d female soldier molest a man?

Did dey demand 4 an allowance b4 shootin unarmed protesters

Too many 2 mention

Give dem d allowance and watch dem drop dia gun
I ga adi!!!
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by confi4all(m): 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
Datsuki again? Owk o
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by theMEGAman(m): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
Islie:

www.punchng.com/soldiers-demand-allowance-maiduguri-posting/

some said that GEJ is the worst president, I agree but during his regime we never experience non payment of security allowances, mass sacking of worker, hardship in high level, down fall of economy, devaluation of naira to US dollar everyday not even weeks or month gap, business crumbling and most corrupted budget in the nigerian history. All this is happening under 8 to 9 month of APC leadership. I want to tell u that no matter the condition of nigeria, ppl must survive.
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by laundryking: 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
Your clothes need your attention too take advantage of our 20% discount this february,to start your new year feeling fresh and looking smart all year round.
#LAUNDRYKING Not just a laundry outfit,we are your fabric care professionals.
For enquiries,free pickup & delivery pls call:08162259669,07011162336,08162814732,08131380848
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by lecturerdabo(m): 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sayelabola:

Lecturerdabo, it's unfair to note that the Nigeiran Army authority isn't doing well enough in terms of supplying of kits to the soldiers.

But that aside. This shouldn't be an excuse for a personnel to dress filthy.

Although it cost a fortune to acquire a new military kit....uniform from 15k upward (including tailoring), desert boot for about 7k in the other cities and between 11,000 upward in the Northeast.

But some of us are so stingy to an unbelievably level.

And most of those I find on this list are those smoke and drug addicts.

You can find them in every barrack.

As for those in these photos, I believe this is just one of their play wear, rag wear or old wear.

We all have a pair similar to such. Smile

Thanks bro but what you see there are soldiers that arrived Jos/Bauchi last week and this uniform was passed to them.

Some even pleaded to wear their respective service uniforms I was informed but the authorities refused so its not about those in the group you mentioned.

Tnx

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by Sayelabola(m): 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
lecturerdabo:

Thanks bro but what you see there are soldiers that arrived Jos/Bauchi last week and this uniform was passed to them.

Some even pleaded to wear their respective service uniforms I was informed but the authorities refused so its not about those in the group you mentioned.

Tnx

Sounds nasty.

I bet there must be a reason for such a crazy order.

No smoke without fire.
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by lecturerdabo(m): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sayelabola:

Sounds nasty.

I bet there must be a reason for such a crazy order.

No smoke without fire.

I even experienced children today sneering at a soldier [sup][/sup]who took his already oversewn uniform for more stiches!

Since the soldier does not understand hausa/shewa, he did not notice.
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by 4Play(m): 7:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
theMEGAman:
some said that GEJ is the worst president, I agree but during his regime we never had about non payment or delay payment of allowances of security, mass sacking of workers, hardship in high level, economy dawn fall, devaluation of naira to dollar every day not even weeks or month gap, most corrupted budget presentation since nigerian history and business crumbling. All this is happening under APC government within 8 to 9 month of their leadership, I believe that no matter the condition of nigeria ppl must survive.

It's because you were not paying attention. Soldiers have been deprived of due payments for years now in pretty much every regime, GEJ's era was no exception.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by Sayelabola(m): 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
lecturerdabo:

I even experienced children today sneering at a soldier [sup][/sup]who took his already oversewn uniform for more stiches!

Since the soldier does not understand hausa/shewa, he did not notice.

Excuse me.... are you also a member of the forcehood?
Re: Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting by lecturerdabo(m): 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sayelabola:

Excuse me.... are you also a member of the forcehood?

Let's not spill some beans plssssss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba; The Pace Setters, The Origin Of African Modern Civilization (Part 1) / 'We Support Buhari To Stay In Office, Not To Step Down': Kaduna Youths Protest / El-Rufai: Only Ill-Informed Nigerians Assume Nothin Is being Done About Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.