Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Pope Francis' Campaign Against Trump Like An International Version Of Fr Mbaka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pope Francis' Campaign Against Trump Like An International Version Of Fr Mbaka (896 Views)

Paris Club Fund: Magu On Mudslinging Campaign Against Me – Saraki / Jonathan Tells Americans To Stop Protesting Against Trump. Nigerians React / FG To Begin Campaign Against Indiscipline, African-time Syndrome — Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis' Campaign Against Trump Like An International Version Of Fr Mbaka by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
Yesterday February 18, Pope Francis concluded his first visit as a pope to Mexico - the largest Spanish-speaking Catholic population on Earth. As he was about to depart to the Vatican, and while he was boarding the airplane, the pope campaigned publicly against the American real estate billionaire who is currently the Republican candidate in the current race to the White House - Donald Trump.

The Pope used the opportunity to publicly air how he feels about Trump's planned policy on immigration in the event he becomes president. The pope had just finished praying for some Mexicans said to have died while trying to cross the border illegally into the US. The Pope said of Donald Trump that "anyone who thinks about building walls - wherever they may be - and not building bridges, is not Christian... I'd just say that this man is not Christian if he said it this way" according to an Associated Press report.

It should be recalled that Donald Trump's main point of campaign for months now has been on the weak (according to him) immigration policies of the US under Barack Obama which lets countries like China and Mexico 'outsmart' the White House and 'rip America off'. So, he has been promising to tighten up the immigration laws and possibly even build walls to prevent illegal immigrants from Mexico especially from gaining entrance into the USA. Mexicans are notorious for drug trafficking in the USA.

In his response to the Pope, Trump issued the following statement:

The Mexican government and its leadership has made many disparaging remarks about me to the Pope, because they want to continue to rip off the United States, both on trade and at the border, and they understand I am totally wise to them. The Pope only heard one side of the story — he didn’t see the crime, the drug trafficking and the negative economic impact the current policies have on the United States. He doesn’t see how Mexican leadership is outsmarting President Obama and our leadership in every aspect of negotiation.

For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. I am proud to be a Christian and as President I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened, unlike what is happening now, with our current President. No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man’s religion or faith. They are using the Pope as a pawn and they should be ashamed of themselves for doing so, especially when so many lives are involved and when illegal immigration is so rampant.

Some commenters are wondering why the Pope should criticize someone for saying he'd build walls when actually the Vatican is surrounded by walls and there are those answering them by saying the walls around Vatican remain a mere monument while the real meaning of walls is not there since the Vatican maintains an open door policy by letting people of all nations come in even for tourist reasons.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/02/18/loser-pope-takes-on-donald-trump-suffers-massive-humiliation-slinks-off-to-vatican/

This seems to be an international version of what transpired in Nigeria during the count-down to the 2015 Nigerian Presidential race when - contrary to the well known political neutrality of the Catholic Church and its leadership - Father Mbaka openly said that the Nigerian situation had turned from 'Goodluck to badluck' saying “Goodluck met our oil, it turned to bad luck. He met our Naira, it became bad luck. We need change. Christmas that ought to be Goodluck Christmas became bad luck Christmas" and said of Muhammadu Buhari, the then number one rival to the then President Goodluck Jonathan that "“I don’t know Buhari. I have never sat with him before. I am not being partisan, but I want total change in Nigeria.
“Buhari cannot make Nigeria an Islamic country because we are in democracy. It was IBB government that dragged Nigeria into OIC. When Buhari fought corruption, people became careful about their actions. Anyone who says Buhari will Islamise Nigeria is not being fair,”

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/father-mbaka-says-jonathan-courts-corrupt-officials-criticises-priests/#ixzz40cWNu7Mx
Re: Pope Francis' Campaign Against Trump Like An International Version Of Fr Mbaka by betterpikin28(f): 2:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
Abeg jor
Re: Pope Francis' Campaign Against Trump Like An International Version Of Fr Mbaka by AK6464(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2016
ok o
Re: Pope Francis' Campaign Against Trump Like An International Version Of Fr Mbaka by warripekin(m): 3:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
1. Pope Francis was aboard Shepherd 1 when he, made that sstatement. 2. He clearly said he will not meddle in US politics and never referred to Donald trump. 3. It has no relationship with father mbaka whatsoever. Again, mbaka only prophesied what he saw. 4. Pls stop spreading false remours
Re: Pope Francis' Campaign Against Trump Like An International Version Of Fr Mbaka by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
warripekin:
1. Pope Francis was aboard Shepherd 1 when he, made that sstatement. 2. He clearly said he will not meddle in US politics and never referred to Donald trump. 3. It has no relationship with father mbaka whatsoever. Again, mbaka only prophesied what he saw. 4. Pls stop spreading false remours

1. Ok, was he already 'aboard' the plane when he made the statement? 2. If he didn't say what I reported, then the Washington Post source I quoted was probably wrong. Have you read the news from the quoted source? 3. Well, he never mentioned Trump's name according to the source - you're right to that extent - but he was responding to a journalist's question about Trump. So, he was obviously referring to Trump. And both Trump himself and the media understood it this way from the responses and reports. You must be wiser than all these people. 4. How is this a 'false' rumor when I quoted the sources and clearly pointed out that the Mbaka twist to it is from personal analysis? Is that your definition of false rumor? 5. It appears you're so angry with me you left too many typos in your reply (like 'remours' and 'sstatement'). Feel good. OK?

(1) (Reply)

The Head-Hunting For A New Nigeria Has Begun. See List... / How The Exchange Rate Is Beneficial To Nigerians In The Diaspora / BREAKING: University Of Osun State Now Bola Ige University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.