Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job (24605 Views)

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by baby124: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
Just snatch her boyfriend and see if she no go calm down. Don't go down without a fight there Biko. Up your game and you sef target the boss. We are in bad economic times o. She probably already feels intimidated by you.

4 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Ochinex(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
hmm
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by mostyg(m): 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
Start and mind your own business
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by ifyeez: 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
My sister there isn't any job out here. I work as a surveyor with a private inspection company or rather I would say worked cuz I don't knw were I stand, I had an argument with my boss concerning my unpaid salaries and since then this man has cut me off. I haven't had any job since last year December 28. This bosses can be very wicked that's all.

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by jacy67(f): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
I can relate to that. The only difference is that it's coming from my boss. Just yesterday, he slapped one of the workers hard at the back. He can verbally abuse one for hours. January's salary was slashed and only paid half. I can go on and on

Op just explore your options and know the next step to take
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
You're tinking of quitting ... In these hard times of unemployment .... IF I SLAP YOU FROM HERE YOU GO TINK WELL! NONSENSE! angry
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by iloveofofo: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
just like wan mumu wey call hersef my supervisor. she no sabi d work yet d ekwensu wont let me be. I never knew i had mind to hate someone so much dt if dey say she is dead today i will jubiliate. She has hurt me so bad dt i do not av an atom of love for her. All i have is hate.

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by MicroBox: 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
leave like as if you dont want the job anymore and I bet you everything will go right... no send her again but don't be rude.. forget fear of lost and leave you normal life while you are there,., You should rather die like a real woman than to leave like a coward...
Look into her eye when saying good morning don't frown but just be yourself..

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Iyamar(f): 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:
This job has made me realise that truly we women are the problem of this world. I started this job on the 2nd of November last year and the Manager who happens to be a lady is everybody's problem in that office.

While working there its been one issue or the other, this lady in question is repulsive, cranky, rude, very proud, talks to people anyhow including an elderly man who happens to be the driver, never takes blame for her mistakes but never fails to magnify every other persons mistake. My mind has left the place since the day I found out that she was looking for a replacement for my position, that was late last month, I had initially decided to leave after collecting my salary for that month before I later changed my mind, as at now I don't know if she still intends to find someone else but my mind is just not there anymore, there is nobody they haven't threatened with a sack in that office, in fact a guy was once sacked just a week after he started work. It's just a small organisation with about six staffs including the boss, she's actually in a relationship with the boss and if they do decide to get married I don't even want to be there by then cos if she can be behaving like this when they are only dating i wonder how she will behave when they get married.

I know a lot of people would say it's best to leave your job only when you've gotten another place but you might not understand what's it's like when your mind is not just there anymore. What do you guys think? Do you think I should quit?
Just manage for a while, and get another job first before u leave. My boss son even slapped me last monday and i was force to apologize to him. For doing nothing wrong. He said to me that it is his father company and i cannot do him anything. But i don't have the power to fight but My God is able. Pls manage first. Wishing you all the Best
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Iyamar(f): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2016
MicroBox:
leave like as if you dont want the job anymore and I bet you everything will go right... no send her again but don't be rude.. forget fear of lost and leave you normal life while you are there,., You should rather die like a real woman than to leave like a coward...
Look into her eye when saying good morning don't frown but just be yourself..
Nice advice
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
@OP... what are u afraid of??... na she born u?? #mtcheeeeeew!! . d HIGHEST she can do is to sack u.....nothing more.
but until then.... #1 ..show no fear #2...go about ur work like she ain't there #3...develop a thick sink against her rants #4...collect ur salary until further notice
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by ocheejemb: 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:
This job has made me realise that truly we women are the problem of this world. I started this job on the 2nd of November last year and the Manager who happens to be a lady is everybody's problem in that office.

While working there its been one issue or the other, this lady in question is repulsive, cranky, rude, very proud, talks to people anyhow including an elderly man who happens to be the driver, never takes blame for her mistakes but never fails to magnify every other persons mistake. My mind has left the place since the day I found out that she was looking for a replacement for my position, that was late last month, I had initially decided to leave after collecting my salary for that month before I later changed my mind, as at now I don't know if she still intends to find someone else but my mind is just not there anymore, there is nobody they haven't threatened with a sack in that office, in fact a guy was once sacked just a week after he started work. It's just a small organisation with about six staffs including the boss, she's actually in a relationship with the boss and if they do decide to get married I don't even want to be there by then cos if she can be behaving like this when they are only dating i wonder how she will behave when they get married.

I know a lot of people would say it's best to leave your job only when you've gotten another place but you might not understand what's it's like when your mind is not just there anymore. What do you guys think? Do you think I should quit?

She sounds horrible. People like that usually reap what they sow. Try not to quit unless you have somewhere better to go, if not she has won. If you do decide to leave, then make sure you give her a piece of your mind. But be wary not to burn any bridges that you might need to cross one day.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by baby124: 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
Iyamar:
Just manage for a while, and get another job first before u leave. My boss son even slapped me last monday and i was force to apology to him. For doing nothing wrong. He said to me that it is his father company and i cannot do him anything. But i don't have the power to fight but My God is able. Pls manage first. Wishing you all the Best
Na wa o. One spoilt brat slapped a babe like you? Maybe the guy de use all the style for this world try toast you, but you no gree notice. It's too bad that employer's abuse their staff. They forget that these people are the ones that make them the money. Very disappointing
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by HRich(m): 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

Please i would want to take over from where you are about to stop. Please direct me.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by baby124: 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
HRich:
Please i would want to take over from where you are about to stop. Please direct me.
You hear a work environment is bad. You are begging to enter. Later you will be opening thread about how humiliated you are.

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Iyamar(f): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
baby124:

Na wa o. One spoilt brat slapped a babe like you? Maybe the guy de use all the style for this world try toast you, but you no gree notice. It's too bad that employer's abuse their staff. They forget that these people are the ones that make them the money. Very disappointing
lol... I just wanna manage finish My school this year commot leave them. Some people are naturally wicked. I shed tears almost everyday for the so call Work.

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by HaneefahRN(f): 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy , pls don't quit yet, I understand u must av been very frustrated to even think of such wt d present economy. But work on getting another job ASAP, let d pple around u, u knw can help wt connections knw u're searching for job. Just learn to cope wt and ignore her behavior till u move on, do ur job and carry face.

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by jaysan82(m): 7:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
Wooow. The description u gave for ypur boss' s attitude is a reflection of mine. Truth is there is nothing more depressing than a place of work where u dont feel appreciated. Its simple, ur happiness vs staying employed? Nothing beats happiness to me. Dnt know what they pay u but if u feel dis way after only 2 months then i wonder what happens after 12 months... like scar told simba in the lion king....... Run.... run
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by ib4uakpele: 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
PRIDE IS A DESTROYER• Pride is of the devil,& its satanic tool use in putting down men. That's why proverb16:18 says “pride goes before a fall”. If you see a proud man you know his close to his down fall according to Proverb29:23 that says “A man's pride shall bring him low:...”. A proud person always end up in frustration & disappointment, no wonder James4:6 says “...,God resist the proud,but give grace to the humble”.make up your mind to walk in humility from today. PLEASE DO SEND THIS MESSAGE TO TEN PERSONS AS I HAVE SEND TO YOU AND YOU'LL BE REACHLY BLESS IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by travelpoint: 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
You don't need to announce this. Go ahead n quit
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Jamean(f): 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
This boss seems familiar.. I can relate embarassed

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

Hello. Since u have established that it's her personality and it's not about u per say, u don't need to get angry anymore. It's not about u, that's how she is and trust me, there are people like her everywhere so what do u do when u quit and u meet her type somewhere else, u quit again? ‎ My take is that, if her behaviour is giving u health issues such as lack of sleep or Bp, then please quit but if it's not affecting ur health, then keep pls be strong. Also, u can manage there temporarily while u look for something else but if the job is not giving u time atall to look elsewhere and it's not exactly ur dream job, then u can quit honourably. Lastly if u are reliably informed that she's looking for ur replacement, then pls resign sharply so it's not a case of sack or else it would hunt u forever wherever u go for an interview and they try to contact ur past employer. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by HRich(m): 8:11pm On Feb 20, 2016
baby124:

You hear a work environment is bad. You are begging to enter. Later you will be opening thread about how humiliated you are.
Maybe you heard. One Man Poison, Is Another Man's Meat.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by mediahubng(m): 8:11pm On Feb 20, 2016
Beb please calm down OK? That job might be hard but trust me been jobless & broke is way harder.

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by atilla(m): 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
my dear whats the worst that will happen if your in the job for 8 months
or (God forbid) you are at home broke for 8 months.

would your broke self wish you had stayed.

if they are dating can you see a future where she and your oga have to go for d wedding ceremony and honeymoon etc that will even give you time to go for the job interviews that you want to before they get back.

I suggest you stay there and train your mind so that your target isnt making it until the end of the month for the salary. but how to train your mind towards very negative customers cause if you can handle your boss being like this then you can train yourself to handle very cranky and bad tempered customers. you can even use experiences with her at your next job interview but call it customer service and say it was with a junior colleauge or another team member. the way you handled her bad experiences can impress someone else.

I believe the office cant get worse unless she starts hitting staff if she does make sure its not you so you will enjoy when they sue her.
but if it gets worse make sure that you save at least 8 months salary before you leave.

please let us know how it goes.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by tomayira(f): 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
Do you want to fire your boss? Do you need financial freedom? Do you need want to drive a brand new Keyless Hyundai Elantra this year? How about being a landlord? Join us in helping hands and learn how you can achieve these plus laptops, international trip (all expense paid) and cash incentives. Too good to be true right! I also thought so till I partnered with helping hands. My focus was to touch the lives of the down trodden but my life is taking a new turn because I'm been empowered weekly. Call or whatsapp me on 08037798195
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by johnnypumpum(m): 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
guy go to work......God bless u

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Omoluabi16(m): 8:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

I will slap you. don't quit ur job.these expi will help you grow in preparation for a bigger responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

While working there its been one issue or the other, this lady in question is repulsive, cranky, rude, very proud, talks to people anyhow including an elderly man who happens to be the driver, never takes blame for her mistakes but never fails to magnify every other persons mistake. My mind has left the place since the day I found out that she was looking for a replacement for my position, that was late last month, I had initially decided to leave after collecting my salary for that month before I later changed my mind, as at now I don't know if she still intends to find someone else but my mind is just not there anymore, there is nobody they haven't threatened with a sack in that office, in fact a guy was once sacked just a week after he started work. It's just a small organisation with about six staffs including the boss, she's actually in a relationship with the boss and if they do decide to get married I don't even want to be there by then cos if she can be behaving like this when they are only dating i wonder how she will behave when they get married. it's only a child that is afraid, will say take me home,because every child know's the entrance to his father's home,you are not employed to monitor people's attitude in the office,be a professional for once,for crying out loud...go to work and discharge your duty and mind your business.

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

While working there its been one issue or the other, this lady in question is repulsive, cranky, rude, very proud, talks to people anyhow including an elderly man who happens to be the driver, never takes blame for her mistakes but never fails to magnify every other persons mistake. My mind has left the place since the day I found out that she was looking for a replacement for my position, that was late last month, I had initially decided to leave after collecting my salary for that month before I later changed my mind, as at now I don't know if she still intends to find someone else but my mind is just not there anymore, there is nobody they haven't threatened with a sack in that office, in fact a guy was once sacked just a week after he started work. It's just a small organisation with about six staffs including the boss, she's actually in a relationship with the boss and if they do decide to get married I don't even want to be there by then cos if she can be behaving like this when they are only dating i wonder how she will behave when they get married. OBI ONA KWOGI NJINI?

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Fime2000: 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
for me i wont ask u 2 leave unless u hv another job or sometin dt can fatch u money, because leaving wit out hving anytin at hand now my guy u go chop stone o, because dis our country call niaja is very very hand now, so think b4 u leave o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Colleague Nearly Got Himself Sacked / Bank Employees Must Pay Millions If Sacked Early / MTN Sacks 180 Help Desk Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.