Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,365 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job (24622 Views)

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by sannirules(m): 8:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
Lamentations 3: 27 - 30
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by asalimpo(m): 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
My candid advice would be 1) Quit your job. Y? Because, you have to learn how to give yourself (and expect others to) high respect. Continually being pummelled psychologically by insult is doing two things. It's draining your confidence and self esteem and feeding hers (it's like a sadistic high they get off on). The more you take it, the more contempt you accrue from them. Not just worth it.

2) You'll face your fears headlong instead of succumb to them. Overcoming the fear of no work will help you grow instead of being it's captive.
In the end after the dust settles you'll feel better for confronting your fears and standing up for yourself.

#Fear makes you pliable. That's y bosses can exact s.ex from female staff , renege on formal agreements, refuse to pay overtime, cut salaries etc and get away with it.

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by kvngveektour(m): 8:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
in a couple of months,there's gonna be mass retrenchment and then someone wants quick her job...

#issokay
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Splendidee(m): 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:
This job has made me realise that truly we women are the problem of this world. I started this job on the 2nd of November last year and the Manager who happens to be a lady is everybody's problem in that office.

While working there its been one issue or the other, this lady in question is repulsive, cranky, rude, very proud, talks to people anyhow including an elderly man who happens to be the driver, never takes blame for her mistakes but never fails to magnify every other persons mistake. My mind has left the place since the day I found out that she was looking for a replacement for my position, that was late last month, I had initially decided to leave after collecting my salary for that month before I later changed my mind, as at now I don't know if she still intends to find someone else but my mind is just not there anymore, there is nobody they haven't threatened with a sack in that office, in fact a guy was once sacked just a week after he started work. It's just a small organisation with about six staffs including the boss, she's actually in a relationship with the boss and if they do decide to get married I don't even want to be there by then cos if she can be behaving like this when they are only dating i wonder how she will behave when they get married.

I know a lot of people would say it's best to leave your job only when you've gotten another place but you might not understand what's it's like when your mind is not just there anymore. What do you guys think? Do you think I should quit?
What kinda advice do u seek then since u already know solution to ur problem,follow ur heart simple.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:
This job has made me realise that truly we women are the problem of this world. I started this job on the 2nd of November last year and the Manager who happens to be a lady is everybody's problem in that office.

While working there its been one issue or the other, this lady in question is repulsive, cranky, rude, very proud, talks to people anyhow including an elderly man who happens to be the driver, never takes blame for her mistakes but never fails to magnify every other persons mistake. My mind has left the place since the day I found out that she was looking for a replacement for my position, that was late last month, I had initially decided to leave after collecting my salary for that month before I later changed my mind, as at now I don't know if she still intends to find someone else but my mind is just not there anymore, there is nobody they haven't threatened with a sack in that office, in fact a guy was once sacked just a week after he started work. It's just a small organisation with about six staffs including the boss, she's actually in a relationship with the boss and if they do decide to get married I don't even want to be there by then cos if she can be behaving like this when they are only dating i wonder how she will behave when they get married.

I know a lot of people would say it's best to leave your job only when you've gotten another place but you might not understand what's it's like when your mind is not just there anymore. What do you guys think? Do you think I should quit?

Who should people who have bad male bosses blame? Men? God?

The way some people reason ehn

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

I understand your point, there are terrible male bosses as well but such are very common with female bosses
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Jamean(f): 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
Lero15:
@ misskiffy I wouldn't advise you to quit.
Female bosses are most times weird and awkward. They nag too. Just have it in your mind that it's about the job, not emotions.
Endure. I'm sure she has some good sides. They always do.
hmmm! when your bad sides outweigh your good side undecided just sipping my tea
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
Jamean:

hmmm! when your bad sides outweigh your good side undecided
just sipping my tea
Abi
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
Iyamar:
Just manage for a while, and get another job first before u leave. My boss son even slapped me last monday and i was force to apologize to him. For doing nothing wrong. He said to me that it is his father company and i cannot do him anything. But i don't have the power to fight but My God is able. Pls manage first. Wishing you all the Best
Wow, don't think I can take that
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2016
Orlarmie:
I have the same experience
Care to share?
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 9:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
emekamigo:

To be honest with you,you don't know what it looks like without a job-don't quit till you get another one.Am talking from experience!
Aiit
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by HaneefahRN(f): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

Lolz. But seriously some female bosses ehn, u'll feel like leaving the job that same week.

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Jamean(f): 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

Abi

babe.. I can relate totally with you. I won't say I'm currently in same shoe because I don carry her matter give God and I believe he'd sort it out.

The year started with great emotional depression for me on the slightest thought of work. I had proposed April 31st as resignation date, with or without any job but my friends and mum don't even want to hear of it.

I have resorted to prayers and diligence in exerting my responsibilities. I know God hears, pray my dear. This phase too will pass. but learn from it, how to treat subordinates when you are at the other end of the continuum.

Good night

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
fako1:

That awkward moment this "UnknownT" happens to be the OP's boss. Before you resign, sack letter awaits you
undecided
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
iloveofofo:
just like wan mumu wey call hersef my supervisor. she no sabi d work yet d ekwensu wont let me be. I never knew i had mind to hate someone so much dt if dey say she is dead today i will jubiliate. She has hurt me so bad dt i do not av an atom of love for her. All i have is hate.
I understand, sometimes their behaviour makes one dislike them
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Lolz. But seriously some female bosses ehn, u'll feel like leaving the job that same week.

Some could be acting like that because of insecurity but it is madness to claim that women are the problem of the world because of the actions of a woman boss. There are many awesome female bosses out there while we also have many awful male bosses.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

I understand your point, there are terrible male bosses as well but such are very common with female bosses

Actually that isn't true.

You are experiencing what it is called gender bais. It happens when you think a female boss/female employee (salary negotiation) is trying too hard when in reality they are not.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
Iyamar:
lol... I just wanna manage finish My school this year commot leave them. Some people are naturally wicked. I shed tears almost everyday for the so call Work.

Then there's no point being there, even my own case never reach like that
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

Some could be acting like that because of insecurity but it is madness to claim that women are the problem of the world because of the actions of a woman boss. There are many awesome female bosses out there while we also have many awful male bosses.
Women wahala is too much, dats just a fact nobody can deny
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

Women wahala is too much, dats just a fact nobody can deny

Well, I am undecided

Why don't you become a boss and know what it feels likeundecided
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by shrimati(m): 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
Iyamar:
Just manage for a while, and get another job first before u leave. My boss son even slapped me last monday and i was force to apologize to him. For doing nothing wrong. He said to me that it is his father company and i cannot do him anything. But i don't have the power to fight but My God is able. Pls manage first. Wishing you all the Best
I don't believe you have a job, when you received a slap and hope God fight for you... You have to help yourself. It all depends on the premium you place for yourself anyway.

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by HaneefahRN(f): 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

Yes, u're right. Tht part of her topic is totally uncalled for. It's all dependent on personalities,
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by glingev(m): 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
That's what the workplace is like these days 'play hard or go home'
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 10:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

Well, I am undecided

Why don't you become a boss and know what it feels likeundecided
When I become a boss, I won't be as nasty as that undecided
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

When I become a boss, I won't be as nasty as that undecided

You get nasty to get the job done....they refer to you as that female boss

You get the job done without the nastiness but with a direct approach.....they refer to you as that fale boss.

You get the job done by acting like you are their best friend.....they refer to you as Mummy and they take for a ride if they have to
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Yes, u're right. Tht part of her topic is totally uncalled for. It's all dependent on personalities,
undecided
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Yeah!
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 10:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by peacengine(m): 10:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
Quit for what? Don't people in your family annoy you, if you are married will your spouse not annoy you? Will your kids not annoy you one day? Keep working, learn all you can, save up, look for another job then you can quit when you have found another means of income. My 2kobo.
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

You get nasty to get the job done....they refer to you as that female boss

You get the job done without the nastiness but with a direct approach.....they refer to you as that fale boss.

You get the job done by acting like you are their best friend.....they refer to you as Mummy and they take for a ride if they have to
And who says you can't get the job done without being nasty undecided
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

And who says you can't get the job done without being nasty undecided

Did you read the second option?
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
missKiffy:

undecided

Move up the ladder first, then we can talk!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Colleague Nearly Got Himself Sacked / Bank Employees Must Pay Millions If Sacked Early / The Career Advice I Wish I Had At 25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.