Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,260 members, 7,953,995 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job (24894 Views)

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by missKiffy(f): 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
tosyne2much:
ahn ahn !!! A reduction of 7k?

On a normal day, under contract of service, an employer is expected to pay a full month salary for payment in lieu of notice. Just that we are in a country where employers always maltreat employees as well as violating the Labour Act Laws
Exactly, employers do anyhow in this country
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Lero15(m): 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
Jamean:

hmmm! when your bad sides outweigh your good side undecided
just sipping my tea

Hehehe.

Have fun wink
Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
missKiffy:
This job has made me realise that truly we women are the problem of this world. I started this job on the 2nd of November last year and the Manager who happens to be a lady is everybody's problem in that office.

While working there its been one issue or the other, this lady in question is repulsive, cranky, rude, very proud, talks to people anyhow including an elderly man who happens to be the driver, never takes blame for her mistakes but never fails to magnify every other persons mistake. My mind has left the place since the day I found out that she was looking for a replacement for my position, that was late last month, I had initially decided to leave after collecting my salary for that month before I later changed my mind, as at now I don't know if she still intends to find someone else but my mind is just not there anymore, there is nobody they haven't threatened with a sack in that office, in fact a guy was once sacked just a week after he started work. It's just a small organisation with about six staffs including the boss, she's actually in a relationship with the boss and if they do decide to get married I don't even want to be there by then cos if she can be behaving like this when they are only dating i wonder how she will behave when they get married.

I know a lot of people would say it's best to leave your job only when you've gotten another place but you might not understand what's it's like when your mind is not just there anymore. What do you guys think? Do you think I should quit?

Always pray not to work under a woman.

. they r hell tormentors....

Currently a woman z mY boss n carries bible up n down Buh no single truth in her mouth

She always gossip around n claims to be nice whenever d person in talk comes around.

Buh Na me fit her...I insults her whenever she addresses me carelessly n I once told her DAT 2 things r involved,that's it's either she sacks me WC even if she does, she must gv me my complete salary on DAT spot or her life will b at stake or I continue wt d work..

Since she learnt how stubborn I am,she will say dats how engineering boys behaves..she dey gv me my way n she doesn't talk to me anyhow...

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Quitting My Job by rallymento(m): 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
rallymento:
Hi MissKiffy, Almost every working class individual can relate to your story in one way or the other.

My candid advice.. Keep working, she cannot terminate your offer... The same God that made her not to do it during December can keep you there for as long as HE wants.

I was in the same shoes as yours last year... I hated the job and I wanted to quit. I was earning peanut and It was so frustrating. My Director's expression those period was speaking " I am kicking his asss off soon"

I had to advice myself by realizing how helpful the peanut has been owing to the fact I had no experience, I started seeing the good value the little Job has added to my life, I started Fasting every Saturday and Sunday with serious prayers telling the good Lord to keep me there for a while...

Lo and behold ! December Last year I was given an offer to be earning x2 of my peanut.. I have grown so much and I have gained quality experience within my field off work. I have equipped myself with some soft skills that matters in my Industry...

I am still pushing for better paying jobs.
I know it will definitely End in PRAISE!!

Be Steadfast and call on God

........And as I write I have gotten another offer that is paying me x2 of the x2 I was earning in my previous Organization...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Shares How A Restaurant Cashier Who He Usually Tip Called To Ask For N200k / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Meaning(contiss,conuass,conraiss ETC / Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.