Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,535 members, 7,837,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Report Any Crime To Police Not Social Media - Lagos State CP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Any Crime To Police Not Social Media - Lagos State CP (526 Views)

Remi Tinubu Writes Petition To Police IG Over Dino Melaye. See The Petition / Obiano Donates Patrol Cars To Police In Anambra (Photos) / How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report Any Crime To Police Not Social Media - Lagos State CP by GlobalNaijaBlog(m): 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr.
Fatai Owoseni has admonished residents of the
state to instantly alert the police of any crime in
their neighbourhood rather than ‘breaking the
news’ on the social media.
Owoseni, while addressing newsmen in Lagos on
Friday, called on Nigerians to instantly alert the
police of any crime, rather than hoarding the
information and waiting to post it on the social
media thereafter.
He said, “We have launched police application on
smart phones. We have hot lines which are in
public domain and we have telephones at every
police station where the public can reach us at
any time of the day or night.
“There is usually a police team at every point in
the state and crime could be combated easily
and quickly if the police would get the
information instantly.
“When they hoard information, we could have
used that time to deal with the situation
promptly. So, we beg the public to help us in
order for us to help them. It is their taxes that
are used to pay our salaries. We are always
there for the public.”
The Police Commissioner further noted that
policemen experience avoidable challenges from
residents when they want to respond to distress
calls.
Owoseni said, “Sometimes, we get distress calls,
when we get to some streets, we find the gates
locked and the gatemen manning would be
nowhere to be found. This contributes to ways
criminals get away with crime easily.

http://www.globalnaijablog.com/2016/02/20/report-any-crime-to-police-not-social-media-lagos-state-cp/
Re: Report Any Crime To Police Not Social Media - Lagos State CP by Psylas(m): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
So that they can arrest the reporter, we are all Nigerians

Re: Report Any Crime To Police Not Social Media - Lagos State CP by ozoigbondu: 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
So they would arrest me as an accomplice and then expect me to bail my self

Thank you very much Mr commissioner but I will pass
Re: Report Any Crime To Police Not Social Media - Lagos State CP by Aromas: 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
CP Owoseni that is the best way to alert the public.
Re: Report Any Crime To Police Not Social Media - Lagos State CP by antispexish(m): 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
report fire! when you report, the only thing in their mind will be how to arrest you.
Re: Report Any Crime To Police Not Social Media - Lagos State CP by GlobalNaijaBlog(m): 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2016
ozoigbondu:
So they would arrest me as an accomplice and then expect me to bail my self

Thank you very much Mr commissioner but I will pass

Really
Re: Report Any Crime To Police Not Social Media - Lagos State CP by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
of course, we will. but em.... u must first stop the first reporter is the main suspect syndrome. until that time... social media is more safe

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari / Who Is Your Best Democracy President So Far? / Fayose To Ekiti People: No PVC, No Dividends Of Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.