Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC (3181 Views)

President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad / Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Jobseeker’s Allowance -presidency / See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by skomonto: 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has denied that its presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, promised to bring the naira at par with the dollar if voted into power come March, 28, 2015.

APC also promised to implement the recommendations of the Presidential Committee on the Restructuring and Rationalisation of Federal Government Parastatals, Commissions and Agencies to merge or scrap some agencies and parastatals.

Speaking on Tuesday, Director, Policies and Strategy of the APC campaign group, Bolaji Abdullahi, made the clarification on Tuesday at the Nigeria Political Parties Discussion Series (NPPDS) organised by the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) in Abuja, with the theme; ‘Manifesto Hour: Political Parties and the Citizenry’.

According to him, what Buhari said was that the current exchange rate of the naira to the dollar was unacceptable.

“Buhari never said, ‘I will bring naira at par with the dollars’, he said the current exchange rate was unacceptable.

“We are going to restructure the way we educate our youths. We cannot continue to educate our youths in the way of the 1960s,” he stated.

He also faulted the current educational system, which gives preference to university education, saying his party would restructure the system such that every youth would be employable after graduation

While promising to also give the issues of people living with disabilities adequate focus, he disclosed that a social security programme has been planned in which the most vulnerable in the society would be given N5, 000 per month

Earlier, APC Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, said his party’s manifesto centres on job creation, corruption and security.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by dondaddycares(m): 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
Party of denials. One day PMB would deny he contested for the presidency in 2015

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by myfantasies(f): 11:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
dondaddycares:
Party of denials. One day PMB would deny he contested for the presidency in 2015
Rotfl

I won't be surprised if such happens

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by PEPPERified: 11:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
hmmmm, tell me more.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Liberty101: 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
I give up on this government. Still making more Promise's when they have not fulfilled any one of their previous promises

#am tired

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by emzila(m): 11:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
dondaddycares:
the man never promised to make #1=$1, he only express his dissatisfaction with the trend at which the dollar rides the naira. if you don't know d different between caption and what a man is quoted to have said in a news paper, go and ask those who know it to tell you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by dunkem21(m): 11:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
OK, we know ..

..but he didn't also promise to inflict this punishment of exchanging dollars at such a killing rate ..

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by BALLOSKI: 11:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
Like Bevista would ask or say, "where's the video of BUHARI making that promise?".

Pdp's touts are the one tagging it on him.
Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by laprince(m): 12:00am On Feb 21, 2016
I want to make it abundantly clear to all Nigerians and the world at large that I did not contest or win elections in Nigeria in 2015.

That was the sublime period of GEJ'S evil shadow ruling, He clandestinely cloned himself in my apparel, making people believe I am the one. That period, can best be classified as Nigeria's dark years.

I was virtually in my farm in my Daura village, tending my cows during the said period.

--------- Mohammadu Buhari

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by okuneddie(m): 12:01am On Feb 21, 2016
lies everywhere I don't know why people will lie just to feel important.....now f u will excuse me, I have a meeting with Bill Gates.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by emzila(m): 12:01am On Feb 21, 2016
Liberty101:
I give up on this government. Still making more Promise's when they have not fulfilled any one of their previous promises

#am tired
go and get that paper and read it again. the publisher just used that caption to sell his paper. Buhari was never quoted (" "winkas making such statement. Nigerian youths don't read paper yet they want to be leaders, the old ones will continue to lead until the youths are ready. whenever you read what someone is purported to have said in a news paper, focus your attention on areas where u have quotation mark " ". the exact word of the person is usually inside the two marks, anything outside the marks is the publisher's view or contribution or ingredients to spice up the news and make his sales.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Liberty101: 12:11am On Feb 21, 2016
emzila:

go and get that paper and read it again. the publisher just used that caption to sell his paper. Buhari was never quoted (" "winkas making such statement. Nigerian youths don't read paper yet they want to be leaders, the old ones will continue to lead until the youths are ready. whenever you read what someone is purported to have said in a news paper, focus your attention on areas where u have quotation mark " ". the exact word of the person is usually inside the two marks, anything outside the marks is the publisher's view or contribution or ingredients to spice up the news and make his sales.
Why is the man then making a promise of restructuring the educational system if he knows he is not in position to do that? Tomorrow any party member will deny nobody ever made such statement.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by nnachukz(m): 12:11am On Feb 21, 2016
Please you can deny anything but not that N5000 and the free feeding for the kids of zombies. That will be unfair after their shouting here on nairaland during the election period.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by poshestmina(f): 12:17am On Feb 21, 2016
They should stop making all this annoying statements already

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by LudaChriz(m): 12:37am On Feb 21, 2016
APC/Dullard is/are the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria.

Zombies will be eating their nails in anger and depression by now.

You will never see the stupid NgeneUkwune on this thread, but if it were to be about the dullard fighting kworuption, the harlot wil be the FTC.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by SHOPPERS(m): 12:50am On Feb 21, 2016
Even if he ordinarily registered his dissatisfaction concerning the rise in price, he still have failed. Jonathan met the dollar at about 150 naira and left it around 200 naira within about 6 years.
PMB met it about 200 naira and now it is close to 400 naira. That is 100% increase.
Simple Mathematics tells us that Jonathan is 100/33 = 3 times better than Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by peacengine(m): 12:52am On Feb 21, 2016
Tori don get comma grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Bevista: 4:34am On Feb 21, 2016
BALLOSKI:
Like Bevista would ask or say, "where's the video of BUHARI making that promise?"
It's not just about seeing the video, there are a couple of things to note about the whole $1 = N1 story.
---
(1) Buhari was claimed to have made that statement in an open campaign ground in Owerri, yet it was only NAN that was able to report what he said. Every other story reported by any other newspaper on the subject quotes NAN as the source. I dare anybody to give me a link to any credible newspaper on the subject that does not reference NAN.
(2) Even the so called story reported by NAN and every other newspaper does not have any quote directly from Buhari saying that. The only quote attributed to him is - "It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy" - Yet the original reporter of that story felt justified to come up with that ridiculous and sensational headline. I dare anybody to point me to any credible newspaper where the exact words of Buhari were "quoted" as saying that he'll make $1 = N1.
---
Quite frankly, the fact that a lot of Nigerians seem to regurgitate that $1 = N1 line over and over again only goes to show how mischievous we are in distorting facts or maybe it shows how shallow we are in differentiating opinion from facts.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by HopeAtHand: 5:42am On Feb 21, 2016
MARCH 23, 2015.

Buhari said so in Owerri

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by naijaboy756: 5:53am On Feb 21, 2016
Bevista:
It's not just about seeing the video, there are a couple of things to note about the whole $1 = N1 story.
---
(1) Buhari was claimed to have made that statement in an open campaign ground in Owerri, yet it was only NAN that was able to report what he said. Every other story reported by any other newspaper on the subject quotes NAN as the source. I dare anybody to give me a link to any credible newspaper on the subject that does not quote NAN.
(2) Even the so called story reported by NAN and every other newspaper does not have any quote directly from Buhari saying that. The only quote attributed to him is when he said that it was unacceptable for the the dollar to be exchanging at over N200. Yet the original reporter of that story felt justified to come up with that ridiculous and sensational headline. I dare anybody to point me to any credible newspaper where the exact words of Buhari were "quoted" about what he said.
---
Quite frankly, that a lot of Nigerians seem to regurgitate that $1 = N1 line over and over again only goes to show how mischievous we are in distorting facts or maybe it shows how shallow we are in differentiating opinion from facts.
ok... We yaff hear. He said it was unacceptable. Has he slapped himself now that it is even worse off with him in charge? Any one supporting Buhari is brain dead and needs deliverance...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by ShowYourCertificate: 5:57am On Feb 21, 2016
emzila:

the man never promised to make #1=$1, he only express his dissatisfaction with the trend at which the dollar rides the naira. if you don't know d different between caption and what a man is quoted to have said in a news paper, go and ask those who know it to tell you.
If he was dissatisfied with the trend then I wonder what he would be now that the rate which the dollar is rising is alarming.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by engrflames: 6:06am On Feb 21, 2016
Liberty101:
#am tired
Don't expect anything good from a government built on lies, deceit and propagandas, they keep on denying their campaign promises. APC led administration is a government with no vision and direction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by cckris: 6:23am On Feb 21, 2016
Is it Jonathan or Dasuki that ordered for their campaign posters?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by lukecent: 6:25am On Feb 21, 2016
I think APC should focus on how to move the economy forward. and stop all these denials, excuses and blames.
You people where the ones telling us how bad the economy was during the campaign. That we should vote(though I didn't vote for you) for APC for change.

What I understand is you re made to be opposition, that's what you re good at.
2019 Nigerians will return you to your best position.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by chiefobdk(m): 6:38am On Feb 21, 2016
emzila:

I get it. he is dissatisfied cos exchange rate was 216.

now its 400. Wat do u say.

bury Ur head in shame

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by luvinhubby(m): 6:43am On Feb 21, 2016
dondaddycares:

ROTFLMaO grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by luvinhubby(m): 6:49am On Feb 21, 2016
Bevista:
---
(1) Buhari was claimed to have made that statement in an open campaign ground in Owerri, yet it was only NAN that was able to report what he said. Every other story reported by any other newspaper on the subject quotes NAN as the source. I dare anybody to give me a link to any credible newspaper on the subject that does not quote NAN.
(2) Even the so called story reported by NAN and every other newspaper does not have any quote directly from Buhari saying that. The only quote attributed to him is when he said that it was unacceptable for the the dollar to be exchanging at over N200. Yet the original reporter of that story felt justified to come up with that ridiculous and sensational headline. I dare anybody to point me to any credible newspaper where the exact words of Buhari were "quoted" about what he said.
---
Quite frankly, that a lot of Nigerians seem to regurgitate that $1 = N1 line over and over again only goes to show how mischievous we are in distorting facts or maybe it shows how shallow we are in differentiating opinion from facts.

You could not even convince yourself with this your denial.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 21, 2016
E no go beta for APC and thier lies..
If you think the devil is a liar,wait till you meet APC.
We have been scammed.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 21, 2016
E no go beta for APC and thier lies..
If you think the devil is a liar,wait till you meet APC.
We have been scammed.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by gcof(m): 6:56am On Feb 21, 2016
emzila:

and he is satisfied with the current situation of the naira againt the dollar now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Nicur: 7:02am On Feb 21, 2016
chiefobdk:

I get it. he is dissatisfied cos exchange rate was 216.

now its 400. Wat do u say.

bury Ur head in shame
now he is satisfied!!! http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Nicur: 7:07am On Feb 21, 2016
Bevista:
---
---
Oga oya read and explain to me
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Man Behind Dino Melaye Travailing / Outrage As David Oyedepo Reveals What Will Happen In 2019 / Breaking: Former PDP National Chairman, Bamaga Tukur Dump Atiku Abubakar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.