Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,125 members, 7,852,834 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:41 AM

Nigeria...... The New Syria In The Making - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria...... The New Syria In The Making (400 Views)

5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations / Niger Delta Avengers:: Odi Massacre In The Making / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria...... The New Syria In The Making by Eddygourdo(m): 2:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
Take a historical look at Syria, about six years ago, look at the landscape, look at the people, amongst the beautiful scenery was inequality, corruption and nepotism. The general consensus was that such situations was hampering development and thus in line with the Arab spring which I must add has produced no lasting change or solution to all of its participants the civil war broke. The crisis took many angles, political angles, religious angles, humanitarian angles, racial angles, tribal angles etc and it gave room for the ISIS to build root. Today the country is a mess, the country has been blown into the dark ages, refugees abound and the conflict is far from its end. Every war must end, that's the foolishness in wars, dialogue must always prevail as a solution, the only thing is that in the Syrian case, the end of the violence and war will beget a period of regret, poverty and under development.

The Nigerian state is a wrong arrangement, the current political system is filled with loopholes that allows tribalistic and religious sentiments to grow, there is a wide gap between the rulers and the ruled and unfortunately the political system is very efficient in producing mediocres and nonentities. Yet should we become enemies of the state because we aren't yet getting things right? Should some people be absolved of the current malaise plaguing the country? Must we strive to be excellent critics rather than statesmen? The ease at which our people are quick to see violence, war and disintegration as the only solution to our malaise without recourse to the likely consequences speaks of a lack of intuition.

I believe this country should no longer be one because our differences far outways our similarities and hopefully dialogue should be quickly used to send us our different ways, I also believe this country could be one as our difference could be regarded as diversity and such harnessed to our advantage, we practice a better government that works better to our strengths and weakness as a diverse nation, than an ill fit and very expensive democracy, where every body is either an unreasonable critic or an unreasonable troll.

Violence must never be our solution, humans have evolved beyond violence as a first response to conflict resolution, I hope my people take cue (ipob, mend, opc, etc)
Re: Nigeria...... The New Syria In The Making by psucc(m): 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
I am sure this Nigeria will fall. But if it that must be, it behooves on our leaders to let it do so in peace.

Suppressing any agitation will only prolong the dissolution but takes lives to keep it.
Re: Nigeria...... The New Syria In The Making by babyfaceafrica: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
You wish
Re: Nigeria...... The New Syria In The Making by dukie25: 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
Referendum now, we want resource control, no more leeching please.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Leaders Partner Boko Haram – Soyinka / A Man Of 75-year-old Slumps And Died During Pensioners Screening In Edo / Growing Up In Nigeria By Toyyib

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.