Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi (1355 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / Dear Employer, Have You Seen Neymar New Salary Breakdown? – Nigerian / List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by bestads(m): 9:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
6 Questions to Ask During a Job Interview That Will Make the Employer Want to hire You

Job interviews are a two-way street and you should be interviewing the employer just as much as they are interviewing you. You both need to walk away convinced that the job would be an ideal fit. So always go prepared, have some questions ready, and make sure you use the time you have to it’s full potential. Asking the employer the right questions will not only differentiate you from the rest of the candidates, it can also confirm your qualifications for the position, and help you decide if it is actually an organization your would enjoy working at.

Before your interview, you should always prepare. Research the company, read about the nature and work culture of the organization, learn their terminology, and always have a set of questions ready to ask your interviewer. Make sure your questions are intelligent and relevant, to show diligence as well as true interest in the work. These questions should always come directly from your research of the employer, and should be open ended questions, that elicit a full response, and not simple “yes-no” answers. These can be anything from questions about why your interviewer enjoys working at the company, to questions about how things are and have been run in the past.

So how do you come up with these smart questions that show that you’re the perfect candidate for the job, as well as help you decide whether the company is the ideal place for you? As you conduct your pre-interview research, make note of things that are important to you, and that you would like to learn more about. As a starting point, here are some questions you can ask, when the tables are turned and it’s your turn to test the interviewer.

1. What are the day-to-day responsibilities of the job?

Learning about day-to-day tasks will give you more insight into what skills and strengths are needed for the job. This question gives you the chance to learn as much as possible about the role, what to prepare for, what skills to hone, and whether or not this is a job you actually want.

2. Who held this position before me, and why am I replacing them?

The reason why the person is no longer in the company is relevant as you evaluate this opportunity to be successful in the role. That, in turn, will provide you with a clue to whether there’s chance for advancement and what you can offer the employer that the previous hire did not

3. How do you evaluate success here?

How a company evaluates employee success is a vital factor in whether or not you accept the job. It demonstrates your interest in being successful and the answer will show you how to gain momentum when you start.

4. Where do you see this company in the next few years?

If you are planning to stay at the company for several years, you need to make sure the organization is growing in order for you to grow with it. Such a question can also help determine whether the company’s goals are aligned with your own in terms of career development. In fact, 85% of respondents to the Bayt.com Career Development in the MENA survey claim that career development is very important to them, 54% are prepared to move to another country and 53% are willing to move into another sector to further develop their career.

5. What can you tell me about the team I will be working with?

Asking about the team is as important as inquiring about the job itself. It tells you about the people you will interact with on a daily basis and if you can fit in with the team. This also gives the employer the idea that you understand that the job is of a collaborative nature, and that you are a team player.

6. What is the next step for us to proceed?

This is an essential question to ask to conclude the interview. It shows that you’re interested in moving along in the process and invites the interviewer to tell you how many people are in the running for the position. This is the perfect way to conclude your interview. It shows your interest in the company, and that you would like to move forward. It also shows leadership skills, and may even give you an idea of how many other people are being considered for the position.
Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by Macclane(m): 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
Grant me the job before asking me some stuhid questions.
Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by bestads(m): 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
Macclane:
Grant me the job before asking me some stuhid questions.

Learn what is written in this article a stop being an idiot
Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by Macclane(m): 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
Dis one above me claim to be wise after copying and pasting what he never believes works. Guy go look for beta tin to post for us!

1 Like

Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by bestads(m): 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
Macclane:
Dis one above me claim to be wise after copying and pasting what he never believes works. Guy go look for beta tin to post for us!

i will post better things like " She is visiting today and i am fasting" https://www.nairaland.com/2880161/shell-visiting-me-today-im

see all your sensless and MUMU topics here https://www.nairaland.com/macclane/topics
Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by Macclane(m): 8:56am On Feb 22, 2016
bestads:

i will post better things like " She is visiting today and i am fasting" https://www.nairaland.com/2880161/shell-visiting-me-today-im

see all your sensless and MUMU topics here https://www.nairaland.com/macclane/topics

Yes I typed dem all not go and fetch and paste. 25things dat .... 12 tins you most do in order to succed in ur career, 30 steps to excell. See dem ur post. Am sure ur successful in your career #CopynPaste. gringringrin
Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by amicable09(f): 10:58am On Feb 22, 2016
Hahahaha. Nairalanders are just funny when they want to be! What's the quarrel in this thread for? Lol.

But OP, have you asked all those questions in an interview before? Did they hire you the next day? Most of those questions don't fit into the Nigerian interviewing scheme... Lol. Bring it home so we can relate with the thread.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by bestads(m): 11:38am On Feb 22, 2016
amicable09:
Hahahaha. Nairalanders are just funny when they want to be! What's the quarrel in this thread for? Lol.

But OP, have you asked all those questions in an interview before? Did they hire you the next day? Most of those questions don't fit into the Nigerian interviewing scheme... Lol. Bring it home so we can relate with the thread.

All the text books you read from Primary school to university, did you get 1st class when you were graduating that is if you are not one of the numerous teenagers on Nairaland who are struggling with UTME and post-UME
Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by amicable09(f): 11:55am On Feb 22, 2016
bestads:

All the text books you read from Primary school to university, did you get 1st class when you were graduating that is if you are not one of the numerous teenagers on Nairaland who are struggling with UTME and post-UME
Lol. Now I understand why the guy above me had your time. Go on and quarrel with yourself, I don't indulge in cyber fights, sorry.

Just a quick one, check the meaning of the word "amicable" in your neighbor's dictionary and next time when you feel the need to quote me, you'll do so with courtsey and a sense of maturity. Bye.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by Macclane(m): 12:47pm On Feb 22, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. Now I understand why the guy above me had your time. Go on and quarrel with yourself, I don't indulge in cyber fights, sorry.

Just a quick one, check the meaning of the word "amicable" in your neighbor's dictionary and next time when you feel the need to quote me, you'll do so with courtsey and a sense of maturity. Bye.

Chop noku gringringrin
Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by amicable09(f): 12:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
Macclane:

Chop noku gringringrin
Hahahaha. Where e dey? I'm hungry.
Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by Macclane(m): 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2016
amicable09:
Hahahaha. Where e dey? I'm hungry.
gringringrin. Dis one go do u?

Re: 6 Questions To Ask During A Job Interview That Will Make The Employer Want To Hi by amicable09(f): 8:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
Macclane:

gringringrin. Dis one go do u?
Lol. Interview question! E go do me well jare, make I no just purge sha. Awoof dey run belle

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bonny Vocation Centre Candidates (NLNG) / Nigeria Airforce Recruitment 2017 Aspirant Lagos Let Meet Here / Kick Start Your Career As A Software Developer In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.