Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Visa Requirements For Dubai? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Requirements For Dubai? (90154 Views)

Important Changes To Australia Student Visa Requirements (2012) / Angola Visa Requirements And Site Link / Malta Visa Requirements Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Visa Requirements For Dubai? by Oloks(m): 7:08pm On Nov 02, 2006
Hi All,

Am based in UK but plan that my girl friend joins me in Dubai for Xmas, does anyone know what and how visa is obtained in Nigeria for Dubai, also any idea how much it costs.

Tx.
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by Roscodaddy(m): 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2006
The visa is like $150,all you do is for her to apply through an agent and she will be given a boarding pass to leave Nigeria and when she gets to Dubai airport,she will be given her visa which is a stamp on her passport,if you need help as regards the visa let me know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by Oloks(m): 11:16pm On Nov 05, 2006
@Roscodaddy

Thank you very much for your input, very much appreciated.
Will be in-touch with you.
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by naijacutee(f): 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2006
But the visa is required to enter the country. How can they let her into the country without a visa and then give her one at the airport? I've never been to any country where they give visas at the airport, not even Nigeria!
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by LondonCool(m): 1:11am On Dec 22, 2006
Naijacutee,

Passengers are categorised into 2 1) Visa Nationals- They require mandatory visa's before entry into countries 2) Non-Visa nationals-They do not need to obtain visa's before traveling but obtain them at entry at the airport from the Immigration officers.

Nigerians are Visa-Nationals to the UK govt. But are Non-visa-nationals to the U.A.E govt, so when traveling to Dubai you simply should have proof of hotel accommodation and a return ticket to show to the immigration on arrival and your Nigerain passport gets stamped with a 60 day visa.

1 Like

Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by Akolawole(m): 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2006
@Baba Visa( Sorry LondonCool)

UAE used to be a Visa-free country until recently.

One can get it easily from Tour Operator, Travelling agents, Hotels and probably Emirates Airline.

But beware of some Asian 419 who demands about $2,000 as bond.

Good luck.
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by LondonCool(m): 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2006
Akolawole,

@Baba Visa( Sorry LondonCool)

UAE used to be a Visa-free country until recently.

One can get it easily from Tour Operator, Travelling agents, Hotels and probably Emirates Airline.

You are both right and wrong

Right: Nigeria + 5 other countries have been stripped of their visa free status in principle.

Wrong: The mode of entry for Nigerians into Dubai has not changed . You still get to apply for your visit/tourist visa's sponsorship through Companies,Airlines or Tour Operators.They dont issue visa's, the documents are faxed to the the UAE Immigration and the visa is issued on arrival (just as before) . The stripping of the visa -free status is only temporal and has not even been implemented yet.

When UAE get an Embassy in Nigeria then they may be in a better position to implement their new visa rules as it applies to Nigeria.

I fly to Dubai regularly and deal with Dubai flights/passengers on a daily basis
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by Akolawole(m): 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2006
@LC

Maybe you get me wrong.

I am not saying Tour operators, Agent does that. NOT EVEN IN AFGHANISTAN/TOGO could that happen. grin

I mean the visa is processed through them and sent by fax.
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by LondonCool(m): 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2007
You have to apply to the particular EU country that is a member of the Shengen Agreement for their visa. The 15 Schengen countries are: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden. All these countries except Norway and Iceland are European Union members.
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by oneman(m): 12:46am On Apr 30, 2007
Hello NairaLanders

I will like to ask if any one got an idea of how I can get a visa to Holland without much stress. I have no contacts there, I would to travel there to start a life any help will be appreciated,

Thanks
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by mrpataki(m): 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2007
oneman:

Hello NairaLanders

I will like to ask if any one got an either of how I can get a visa to Holland without much stress. I have no contacts there, I would to travel there to start a life any help will be appreciated,

Thanks
Best form to travel is by study man! If you have the money to pay for tuition, it is very easy!

1 Like

Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by bodsibobo(m): 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2007
Thanks LondonCool!
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by oneman(m): 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2007
mrpataki:

Best form to travel is by study man! If you have the money to pay for tuition, it is very easy!
@mrpataki

Do you think one can hustle and make money while in the USA or the Neitherlands having only a student Visa undecided
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by Nobody: 11:27am On May 02, 2007
Hey all,
Is it possible to use a British passport to get into Dubai from Nigeria without obtaining a visa?
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by LondonCool(m): 3:36am On May 03, 2007
Yes. On arrival your GBR passport will be stamped with a 60 days visit visa. You will still need to show the immigration officer a proof of where you will be staying.
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by taurus(f): 12:14pm On May 03, 2007
cool cool cool cool

Kulu Kulu Kulu tempo. cool

bigger boys and girls talking. This is the international segments. Interesting. Na wa o. wink
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by oadaji: 1:49pm On May 03, 2007
rocodaddy, eh i see wetin u write oh!
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by blackprinc: 6:40pm On Mar 04, 2008
Mr London Cool,

I am a Nigerian, I want to obtain about 60 or 90 days visa to Dubai.

Please I need you to put me through.

I mean i want you to tell me how to go about this entire thing.( i heard about sponsorship of comapnys,tour operators or hotels, can i get data base of such organisations)

Thanks in anticipation of your favourable response.
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by tzay05: 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2008
do i need a visa to go to dubai ive got a british passport, plzz help mee

1 Like

Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by talk2niger(f): 10:09am On Apr 10, 2008
Hi I am a Nigerian in UK and would also like to go 4 a visit in Dubai soonest, please help with any info on getting a visit visa as it all seems quite complicated, any help will also be really appreciated, Ta![color=#770077][/color]
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by ispeed(m): 11:14am On May 26, 2008
Hello ,

Pls can someone help me i need hot IT job in Dubai, Am MCP, CCNA, MCSA certified my mail is akinajet2000"yahoo.com
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by femigirl(f): 4:25pm On May 26, 2008
I love this site, you guys are very helpful and I am learning new things by the second. So please can you clairfy the situation with getting a Visa to Dubai if you are carrying a Nigerian passport again. Do you just buy your airplane ticket and go if you are going for a three week holiday??
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by femigirl(f): 7:21pm On May 26, 2008
which  airlines  fly  to  Dubai  from lagos then  please? Can you  confirm  the  process,  can a Nigerian passport holder  just pay $150  and  stay for  two  weeks  then?
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by femigirl(f): 7:28pm On May 26, 2008
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by henrydecla: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2008
hi every one
how do i get chinese visa for business.
any idea, you can share with me

thanks
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 07, 2008
If you hold a British Passport you do not require a visa to get into Dubai. Your passport is automatically stamped on arrival at the airport as my friend and I found out on our travels.

, If you hold a Nigerian Passport then its a different story. Quite a weird set up if you ask me. My friend who is resident in he Uk but holds a Nigerian passport went to the UAE embassy in London to obtain a tourist/visiting visa to the UAE but was turned back,

Apparently the Embassy does not issue visa's. My friend was given a long list of all the hotels & tour operators in Dubai and was told to approach them to obtain the visa on her behalf. After ringing up about 50 hotels she gave up (They all claimed not to offer this service for Nigerian passport holders)

To cut along story short another friend put her in touch with a Naija guy in Dubai (not on the list) but arranges visas for $150 and within 48 hours the visa was Emailed to her. If anyone wants this guys details I can ask my friend.

When we got to Dubai airport, I went straight to the Immigration queue and She had to go stand in a 20 mile queue to get the Emailed version of the visa stamped on her passport before joining my queue, oh and by the way at Gatwick on our way out she had a lot more trouble thanI did and at one point I though she wouldn't be let on the plane. The Emirates staff at checking got quite "jumpy" when they saw the Emailed visa & the Nigerian Passport and weren't too sure on whether to let her on the flight or not but in the end they did.

On the way out of Dubai though she got asked a thousand and one questions and but I think it was them just making sure that my friend had actually started her trip in the Uk and not from Nigeria and was just using Dubai as a stop over.

, needless to say after all my friend went through, she has now decided to apply for her British passport!, and I really dont blame her.

2 Likes

Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by kkokoma: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2008
Please i'd like the contact details of the guy that arranged the Dubai visa for your friend. thanx!
Re: Visa Requirements For Dubai? by femigirl(f): 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2008
Adamsy07 , Thank you  for  you offer but  I  am   good, due  to  my  grandparents  being  from  diffrent  countries  of  the world  I   have trio-nationality and  don't  need a  visa  for  Dubai, however  my  friend/ cousin do  need a  visa  for our week  trip  so  any  assitance  in  regards  to  advice  and how  we go  to  do  this  will be  helpful, as  we  are  going  at  the end  of  the  month.

(1) (2) (3)

Fatal Accident Along Onitsha-Nteje Expressway (Disturbing Photos) / Akintola Seun "Big Wayne" Dies In Car Crash (Photos) / How Much Will It Cost Me To Travel To Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.