Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

[waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? (878 Views)

What Is Buhari Doing? Does Being Humble Mean Having No Shame?? / Please Help! Is Buhari Actually Deaf? / [waawa] The Tragedy Of President Buhari’s Foreign Trips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by otil1: 7:06am On Feb 22, 2016
By Mustafa Yahaya

I marvel at the way and manner we think in this country, worst of it the way we think in the north. It is just a few months ago that we all continually lambasted president Jonathan's cluelessness,

I referred to him as the "drunken master of Otuoke", and nobody harassed me, and now because they fear the power of the media that brought them to power they want to castrate the social media, with Buhari firing the first shot in an interview with Sahara reporters' Adeola in New York, why, is it because it is Buhari?

We demonstrated against pump price increment for petrol, government of president Buhari wants us to swallow the same pill we rejected a few months ago, yet some of my northern compatriots see nothing wrong with that, is it because it is Buhari?

When three sons of Sheik Zakzaky were murdered during the Jonathan administration, El-Rufa'i called it genocide by the jonathanian army, now under Buhari more than 200 are killed, their mosque and houses destroyed under Elrufai's nose as Governor of the same state, he has not called it genocide by the Buharian army, is it because it is Buhari?

Under the Jonathan administration subsidy payments were termed as fraud, and there were hues and cries to crucify oil marketers, Buhari even called it a fraud himself, we also thought so, Six months later the same Buhari is paying for subsidy yet nobody is calling it a fraud, why, is it because it is Buhari?

We criticized Jonathan for keeping a large fleet in the presidential fleet and wasting monies on maintenance, only recently President Buhari's spokesman admitted 2 billion Naira was spent on their maintenance, when other presidents are even doing away with their jets, yet we sit down and watch helplessly, is it because it Buhari?

Fuel scarcity is biting harder, value of the Naira is going rock bottom, inflation is now on auto pilot, while profits are dropping, purchasing powers are becoming weaker, yet we are asked not to query them, is it because it is Buhari?

If we criticized Jonathan for cluelessness, we will also criticize Buhari for helplessness. While tribal and regional jingoist see nothing because it is Buhari, what I see first is Nigeria and not whether Jonathan is a southerner or Buhari is a Northerner,

We Cannot continue to be trapped in the closet of tribalism, regionalism and religious bigotry yet expect our country to remain one and grow.

Yes! we might be of different orientation and background but what is good is good anywhere any time and what is bad is bad,
I cannot be suffering and keep smiling because "my brother" is the president.

By Mustafa Yahaya.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by Consula: 7:09am On Feb 22, 2016
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by playtheblues(f): 7:10am On Feb 22, 2016
100% true.
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by fulanimafia: 7:16am On Feb 22, 2016
...and my name is Chibuzor Okafor. Mustapha indeed, that article a typical product of an IPod wailer.

The fact remains that we were buried in this mess by clueless Jonathan and things would have been much worse if the looting and incompetence were allowed to continue by his re-election. Thank goodness.

It's impossible to expect someone who failed when oil was sold for $110/barrel to be able to manage the country when it is selling for less than $30/barrel when it's our main source of revenue, forex and support for controlling the exchange rate.
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by abbeycial: 7:19am On Feb 22, 2016
In need of prayers,honestly Nigeria need prayers.I fear that we may never get a satisfactory govt in Nigeria.
end time is near.
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by goodlifehyd(m): 7:20am On Feb 22, 2016
otil1:
By Mustafa Yahaya

I marvel at the way and manner we think in this country, worst of it the way we think in the north. It is just a few months ago that we all continually lambasted president Jonathan's cluelessness,

I referred to him as the "drunken master of Otuoke", and nobody harassed me, and now because they fear the power of the media that brought them to power they want to castrate the social media, with Buhari firing the first shot in an interview with Sahara reporters' Adeola in New York, why, is it because it is Buhari?

We demonstrated against pump price increment for petrol, government of president Buhari wants us to swallow the same pill we rejected a few months ago, yet some of my northern compatriots see nothing wrong with that, is it because it is Buhari?

When three sons of Sheik Zakzaky were murdered during the Jonathan administration, El-Rufa'i called it genocide by the jonathanian army, now under Buhari more than 200 are killed, their mosque and houses destroyed under Elrufai's nose as Governor of the same state, he has not called it genocide by the Buharian army, is it because it is Buhari?

Under the Jonathan administration subsidy payments were termed as fraud, and there were hues and cries to crucify oil marketers, Buhari even called it a fraud himself, we also thought so, Six months later the same Buhari is paying for subsidy yet nobody is calling it a fraud, why, is it because it is Buhari?

We criticized Jonathan for keeping a large fleet in the presidential fleet and wasting monies on maintenance, only recently President Buhari's spokesman admitted 2 billion Naira was spent on their maintenance, when other presidents are even doing away with their jets, yet we sit down and watch helplessly, is it because it Buhari?

Fuel scarcity is biting harder, value of the Naira is going rock bottom, inflation is now on auto pilot, while profits are dropping, purchasing powers are becoming weaker, yet we are asked not to query them, is it because it is Buhari?

If we criticized Jonathan for cluelessness, we will also criticize Buhari for helplessness. While tribal and regional jingoist see nothing because it is Buhari, what I see first is Nigeria and not whether Jonathan is a southerner or Buhari is a Northerner,

We Cannot continue to be trapped in the closet of tribalism, regionalism and religious bigotry yet expect our country to remain one and grow.

Yes! we might be of different orientation and background but what is good is good anywhere any time and what is bad is bad,
I cannot be suffering and keep smiling because "my brother" is the president.

By Mustafa Yahaya.
Posting this poo now makes you look like a f00l, if this had been posted last year or very early this year you would have sounded like a human but unfortunately you posting at the wrong time or is ur "medulla" that slow By the way out ur real name and stop hiding under another person's name. #shalom
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by kodded(m): 7:24am On Feb 22, 2016

undecided undecided

buhari is a dulllard undecided undecided
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 22, 2016
fulanimafia:
...and my name is Chibuzor Okafor. Mustapha indeed, that article a typical product of an IPod wailer.

The fact remains that we were buried in this mess by clueless Jonathan and things would have been much worse if the looting and incompetence were allowed to continue by his re-election. Thank goodness.

It's impossible to expect someone who failed when oil was sold for $110/barrel to be able to manage the country when it is selling for less than $30/barrel when it's our main source of revenue, forex and support for controlling the exchange rate.

So it is Jonathan who is still keeping the air fleet?
Or still paying subsidy?
Or still waiting for ex jetting around the world?

The olodo is strong in you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by Justicealh3(m): 7:39am On Feb 22, 2016
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by fulanimafia: 7:39am On Feb 22, 2016
What are you saying? How does this relate to my post?

How does this address my point that Jonathan who failed in a period of excess and plenty would have buried this country by now in this period of lack with his wanton looting, incompetence and cluelessness? Look in the mirror for the olodo you seek.

SexyKaycee:

[s]So it is Jonathan who is still keeping the air fleet?
Or still paying subsidy?

The olodo is strong in you[/s]
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by amsad19(m): 7:42am On Feb 22, 2016
Things would have been better for us if Jonathan did not let dat dasuki nd d rest to empty our treasury and use it for campaign. Let us tell ourselves the truth, even if Jonathan will be on the seat today, we wil face the same problem or even worse. Do you want the government to perform magic and fill the foreign reserve that Jonathan watched his aides loot it?
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 22, 2016
fulanimafia:
What are you saying? How does this relate to my post?

How does this address my point that Jonathan who failed in a period of excess and plenty would have buried this country by now in this period of lack with his wanton looting, incompetence and cluelessness? Look in the mirror for the olodo you seek.

The op is addressing the failure of Nigerians to address Buhari ' Bleep ups and you're here bringing Jonathan into the mix. Are you cursed?

Address the post and free Jonathan
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by fulanimafia: 7:50am On Feb 22, 2016
To effectively address any failure, you must locate and address the source otherwise it's a pursuit in futility.

Nigerians are not daft, we know the hole we just came out front so blaming Buhari is the inalienable preserve of misinformed and sentimental iPod touts. If not for the grace of God, Jonathan would have still been in power and would have buried us deeper in the mess that his uncontrolled looting and incompetence put us in. Imagine the ineffectual buffoon in this period of lack.

SexyKaycee:

The op is addressing the failure of Nigerians to address Buhari ' Bleep ups and you're here bringing Jonathan into the mix. Are you cursed?

Address the post and free Jonathan
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 22, 2016
fulanimafia:
To effectively address any failure, you must locate and address the source otherwise it's a pursuit in futility.

Nigerians are not daft, we know the hole we just came out front so blaming Buhari is the inalienable preserve of misinformed and sentimental iPod touts. If not for the grace of God, Jonathan would have still been in power and would have buried us deeper in the mess that his uncontrolled looting and incompetence put us in. Imagine the ineffectual buffoon in this period of lack.

We all know the ineffectual baboon wad the Devils little finger

Oya now it's been a year, we need solution not revisiting the source of the problem and gnashing our teeth
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by otil1: 7:56am On Feb 22, 2016
fulanimafia:

You have not read the post. Read it first before defending.

Shooting of unarmed Sunnis and fuel subsidy were mentioned. Did you read that?
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by fulanimafia: 8:02am On Feb 22, 2016
Oh I read it, and quite thoroughly indeed. The 'unarmed' Shiites (not Sunni) were constituting a parallel government and failure to contain their excesses is the exact pattern of mistakes that led to the blossoming of BH.

Still does not affect the substance of my posts .

fulanimafia:

otil1:

You have not read the post. Read it first before defending.

Shooting of unarmed Sunnis and fuel subsidy were mentioned. Did you read that?
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by otil1: 8:16am On Feb 22, 2016
Oh, sure, Shites! Gosh, I yet to get used to the islamic divide.

Thanks.

So, it's not about theft or graft. It's about obvious silence to many maladies we were so brazen in criticising in the past.

Meanwhile, @fulanimafia, don't convince me u believe the propaganda about looted/recovered for its an elite thing. Funds looted by Jonathan men to fund pdp campaign were also looted by APC governors to fund Buhari campaign.

But the real (common sense) question is: since the (better) govt started it's recovery campaign, how has life of common Nigerians, you and I, improved?

fulanimafia:
Oh I read it, and quite thoroughly indeed. The 'unarmed' Shiites (not Sunni) were constituting a parallel government and failure to contain their excesses is the exact pattern of mistakes that led to the blossoming of BH.

Still does not affect the substance of my posts .

Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by sdindan: 8:26am On Feb 22, 2016
fulanimafia:

please give ursef a round of applause.
you have won the must IBERIBE man in this forum.
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by fulanimafia: 8:39am On Feb 22, 2016
Your post is a bit incoherent as you're shooting all over the place hoping to hit something.

First of all, theft, corruption and graft are the root source of most of the maladies you refer to.

Second of all, you have zero substance to back your claim about APC governors looting to finance Buhari's election. It's all hearsay and repeated hogwash that is beneath my scope of discourse. You're only grasping at straws to justify the shameless looting of our treasury for Jonathan's failed re-election bid that led to the loss of thousands of lives as a result of diverted defence funds.

Finally, it takes more and longer to build than to destroy, hence if you're expecting a reversal of Jonathan's six year damages in eight months then I'm unable to honestly take you seriously.

otil1:
Oh, sure, Shites! Gosh, I yet to get used to the islamic divide.

Thanks.

So, it's not about theft or graft. It's about obvious silence to many maladies we were so brazen in criticising in the past.

Meanwhile, @fulanimafia, don't convince me u believe the propaganda about looted/recovered for its an elite thing. Funds looted by Jonathan men to fund pdp campaign were also looted by APC governors to fund Buhari campaign.

But the real (common sense) question is: since the (better) govt started it's recovery campaign, how has life of common Nigerians, you and I, improved?

Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by Mylove55(f): 8:51am On Feb 22, 2016
SexyKaycee:

So it is Jonathan who is still keeping the air fleet?
Or still paying subsidy?

The olodo is strong in you
so is it because it is buhari, he should start sharing d money like ur clueless corrupt ineffectual baboon
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by BushidoBlue(m): 10:45am On Feb 22, 2016
Mylove55:
so is it because it is buhari, he should start sharing d money like ur clueless corrupt ineffectual baboon

The way you go off point makes one wonder...

Are you doing it to look smart?
Because it doesn't seem to be working...
Re: [waawa] Why, Is It Because It Is Buhari? by otil1: 10:46am On Feb 22, 2016
fulanimafia:
Your post is a bit incoherent as you're shooting all over the place hoping to hit something.

First of all, theft, corruption and graft are the root source of most of the maladies you refer to.

Second of all, you have zero substance to back your claim about APC governors looting to finance Buhari's election. It's all hearsay and repeated hogwash that is beneath my scope of discourse. You're only grasping at straws to justify the shameless looting of our treasury for Jonathan's failed re-election bid that led to the loss of thousands of lives as a result of diverted defence funds.

Finally, it takes more and longer to build than to destroy, hence if you're expecting a reversal of Jonathan's six year damages in eight months then I'm unable to honestly take you seriously.

@fulanimafia, the emboldened refers pls.

Theft, corruption and graft is not the reason for wholesale massacre of unarmed Shiites on the road and further in their base.

The generalisation will not help matters. Please condemn evil when you see one. Your bias is so clear.

She'd you obvious bias; I will remind of Rivers Govt Judicial enquiries later.

(1) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Badeh’s Bail Application / Buhari Appoints A Woman As Special Adviser On Corruption Matters / Lokoja On 24hours Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.