Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,346 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness (23468 Views)

N400m Fraud: Metuh Writes DSS To Allow Dasuki To Testify As Witness / Court Rejects Metuh’s Bid To Call Dasuki As Witness / #dasukigate: Metuh’s Absence In Court Stalls Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:03am On Feb 22, 2016
OBIGS:
GEJ cant be prosecuted for any reason. even the US will be totaly against it. for sustanance of democracy in africa, the US are against african leaders prosecuting or humiliating Dia predecessors. reason... to prevent an incumbent from refusal to hand over power for fear of prosecution. just to sustain democracy in DE african continent
How does this concern the US? You're not different from Jona himself, "America will know."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by frankyychiji(f): 11:04am On Feb 22, 2016
ijustdey:

just like the propaganda your HERO gives us that he doesn't knows that such fraud is been perpetrated during the time he was presiding over the affairs of the nation and he calls himself the President..

a president whom the nation bleeds with corruption and he says he doesn't know things like that is going on.
Stop the campaign and face your woes! You said you had a solution, stop the blame game and stabilize the international oil prices already!!

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by ijustdey: 11:08am On Feb 22, 2016
frankyychiji:
Stop the campaign and face your woes! You said you had a solution, stop the blame game and stabilize the international oil prices already !!

that's PDP propaganda......
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Dontbeused: 11:08am On Feb 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Stop quoting me out of context. Metuh has the luxury of telling the court all he knows. If by his statement GEJ is indicted, I'm sure the prosecutors/investigators would extend invitation to him. So which one is "call GEJ and ask him"? That's nonsense!

If he can't use his own mouth to disclose the special assignment that he did, then it shows that he's hiding something.

I don't care about who get invited and who doesn't, that's the job of the investigators and prosecutors.
Tonye I agreed wit u on dis one...
Like Dokpesi said he collected money 4 ads....is now 4 is lawyers to prove d justification of d funds...
Was it arms funds?
Does Dokpesi knew d money was made 4 arms?
Was NSA office PDP secretarial?
...so on and so forth.
Metuh should say wat he know about d 400m and if d court find it dim necessary to calll GEJ dey should...not Metuh telling d court to invite GEJ n he is free to put GEJ on s defenz.
D same people dat ate d campaign funds n prevent money from going2 d grassroots are d same people dat don't want 2 carry der cross!..#MetuhCarryYourCross
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by ijustdey: 11:09am On Feb 22, 2016
AmAlbert:
[s]What that what she said? Is that what your source is also telling you? Una go just dey exaggerate matter.. Try to confirm your source before making lewd statements[/s]
K
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by 2tips: 11:16am On Feb 22, 2016
Opinedecandid:
Really, which Jonathan?
The heroic hero with the golden heart?
The clear-conscience conscientious man?

The defender, protector and facilitator of our democracy?

Mr. Statesman.
Mr. Humble.
Mr. Humane.
Mr. Milk-of-human-kindness.
Mr. Love.
Mr. "No-blood-should-be-spilled-for-my-election"

The Goodluck Jonathan of our time?

He will speak fearlessly and sincerely.
Let him speak first oga... Nigerians are waiting for him to clear the air on the arms deal.
The era of going scot free after looting public funds is gone. If he is found guilty and not prosecuted then we have no law.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by frankyychiji(f): 11:16am On Feb 22, 2016
ijustdey:

that's PDP propaganda......
Lolzzz... You are just a confused wailer!! grin
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by josite: 11:17am On Feb 22, 2016
metuh is absolutely right and i commend his lawyer for this brilliant move.efcc should not spoil the anti corruption one by making it look as if while metuh and others have one heads,jonathans and the ex heads of state has two heads and cannot be made to face the law.a man says he is paid by a man for a job and you cannot call the man who was alleged to have paid the money and question him as to what job did he gave to metuh.we are watching.

we have cautioned d buhari before ,if he embarks on a selective corruption war ,he will bite more than he can chew.the war must be total sparing no body.

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by omonnakoda: 11:20am On Feb 22, 2016
Nothing stops Metuh calling him as a defence witness
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by thunder74(m): 11:21am On Feb 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Stop quoting me out of context. Metuh has the luxury of telling the court all he knows. If by his statement GEJ is indicted, I'm sure the prosecutors/investigators would extend invitation to him. So which one is "call GEJ and ask him"? That's nonsense!

If he can't use his own mouth to disclose the special assignment that he did, then it shows that he's hiding something.

I don't care about who get invited and who doesn't, that's the job of the investigators and prosecutors.
It is not the duty of the defence to proof that he has committed an offence, it is the prosecutor that must proof beyond reasonable doubt that the accused has indeed committed the offence.
Like I earlier observed here, EFCC has not been able to establish that Metuh has committed an offence. So sad but that is our laws..
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by kaboninc(m): 11:22am On Feb 22, 2016
Most of the people commenting here really do not understand the article.

The prosecution is alleging that Metuh committed an unlawful act by collecting #400 million from Dasuki. However, from the witness statements, there has been no evidence what so ever that the purpose for which Metuh collected the sum was illegal and that due process, as testified by the prosecution witness, was duly followed.

So if there is to be a complaint of an unlawful or illegal act, it should come from the former President, Goodluck Jonathan.

This means that the prosecution team should provide Goodluck Jonathan to testify that the entire act was illegal, or that Metuh did not carry out the assignment as intended and hence is guilty or Metuh forged some documents which automatically makes him guilty (as proven).

Moreso, Dasuki took instruction from the then President and Dasuki is being prosecuted alongside Metuh.

Should we then expect President Jonathan to come and testify against Metuh?
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:33am On Feb 22, 2016
Dontbeused:

Tonye I agreed wit u on dis one...
Like Dokpesi said he collected money 4 ads....is now 4 is lawyers to prove d justification of d funds...
Was it arms funds?
Does Dokpesi knew d money was made 4 arms?
Was NSA office PDP secretarial?
...so on and so forth.
Metuh should say wat he know about d 400m and if d court find it dim necessary to calll GEJ dey should...not Metuh telling d court to invite GEJ n he is free to put GEJ on s defenz.
D same people dat ate d campaign funds n prevent money from going2 d grassroots are d same people dat don't want 2 carry der cross!..#MetuhCarryYourCross
Absolutely! Why can't Metuh tell the court all he knows? This is shameful and face-hiding.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:36am On Feb 22, 2016
thunder74:

It is not the duty of the defence to proof that he has committed an offence, it is the prosecutor that must proof beyond reasonable doubt that the accused has indeed committed the offence.
Like I earlier observed here, EFCC has not been able to establish that Metuh has committed an offence. So sad but that is our laws..
Metuh is only trying to put GEJ on the spotlight of this probe. I have no issue with this though but he should tell the court what he has to say and allow the court/prosecutors to determine whether or not to invite GEJ.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by thunder74(m): 11:43am On Feb 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Metuh is only trying to put GEJ on the spotlight of this probe. I have no issue with this though but he should tell the court what he has to say and allow the court/prosecutors to determine whether or not to invite GEJ.
Though, GEJ testimony is critical to the case but the Prosecution is at liberty to call any witness it desires, no defence can compel the prosecutor to call or not to call any witness. In legal palace, Metuh was only trying to use that weakness and the importance of Jonathan testimony in this case to get justice. But based on the facts before the court, there is a presumption of correctness on the contract saga until the authorising officer (GEJ) comes up to deny it. Till then, NO CASE SUBMISSION.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by DifferentBoy1(m): 11:47am On Feb 22, 2016
Make una no tarnish my brother image oh cry
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Calebsky(m): 11:49am On Feb 22, 2016
2tips:
Let him speak first oga... Nigerians are waiting for him to clear the air on the arms deal.
The era of going scot free after looting public funds is gone. If he is found guilty and not prosecuted then we have no law.

Sometimes I wonder what bedeviled this nation and her people from common reasoning.

The Man, GEJ, has spoken severally both home and abroad that there was nothing like $2.1b arms deal and he signed no such contract.

And I am aware that this Government and the media heard him clearly.
If what he claimed was a lie the Government would have countered immediately.
By the way...Is Dasuki still being tried on the $2.1b arms deal? You know the answer already... NO...And what does that tell you?
My People, Make una dey reason abeg.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by youngprof8787: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Thank you very much.

Doesn't change the fact that Jona remains untouchable.
after they just prove to u that he's not?wow u r strange!
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by youngprof8787: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2016
osusuallstars:
rubbish, carry your cross. Leave that righteous man alone
u know the meaning of righteous? Gej n his supporters sef!..SMH
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by obailala(m): 12:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
Metuh is desperately trying to ride on the back of GEJ to freedom.

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by oluwabishop: 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
tayebest:
Metuh i like your style! He is using all means to work with Fg and send Otueke tapper to jail grin grin grin

Quite on the contrary, Jonathan is covered by the contents of the Peace Accord signed with Buhari. Hence he may likely never be arrested or invited for questioning. Metuh is only smartly hiding himself behind that shield, because he ran errands for a man who can't be probed personally, it's only common sense that if you can't probe the person who sent him on the errands, then you can't justify probing the messenger. Smart legal move
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Ayatullah(m): 3:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
GEJ REACTS!
JONATHAN: Patience.... Patience..... please come

PATIENCE (PEJ): Yes, what is it?

JONATHAN: Can you imagine what Metuh is saying?

PATIENCE: Enhen.... what did he say?

JONATHAN: That I have to come and be a witness in
court.

PATIENCE: But na you cause am now!

JONATHAN: What do you mean?

PATIENCE: No be you say you gree Buhari defeat you.

JONATHAN: Enhmmmm........

PATIENCE: Wetin be Enhmmmm.., now you don see am?

JONATHAN: But.....Enhmmmm.....

PATIENCE: Will you keep quiet! I tell you dat time say na we get Supreme Court, you answer me? See my pikin Wike, my beloved son he no win for Supreme Court? Na only you go waka go Abuja Court ooooo, me I no dey!
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Masculity(m): 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:
The illiterate dullard knows GEJ is UNTOUCHABLE. cool

now Meturization concept would make him touchable.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Masculity(m): 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You lie, When was she crying that the dull man will send her husband to prison?.

GEJ is busy enjoying his retirement while some inconsequential butt-lickers are there killing themselves over him?... Very pathetic.

during her campaign in kwara state.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by nakamora: 4:08pm On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Who brought this pidgin here.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by don4real18(m): 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
Metuh has finally KOBA the Biafrauds hero
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by don4real18(m): 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
I will love to see the so-called common sense senator comment on this sensitive issue
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by jpphilips(m): 5:05pm On Feb 22, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

How does this concern the US? You're not different from Jona himself, "America will know."

He spoke from an informed point of view, you as expected spoke from a naive point of view, on the flip side, Jonathan may decide not to show up citing some flimsy excuse.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

If they invite GEJ you will start braying like a Donkey. Anyway, GEJ is not the one in the dock and the EFFC seems to be able to prove its case without him. So, if Mr.Metuh wants to invite GEJ as a witness, and the Judge and the Law permit, then he is free to do so. He should teach the Agency how to do its job or who to interrogate. He's facing prison time and thats what he should be worried about.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by CioAngels(f): 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
I was mean't to understand that secretaries were fearless people who were ready to take bullets on behalf of their ogas. Metuh, you only pretended to be good sec becos you were able to manipulate him to steal money. You are the first lily livered sec who will want his boss to go down him. Thief.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Progress2468(m): 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
tayebest:
Metuh i like your style! He is using all means to work with Fg and send Otueke tapper to jail grin grin grin

Do people still reason this way?
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by wealth123: 11:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
You need doctor's attention. Did you read today's Punch and what Jonathan's aide revealed about N10billion shared? so all these revelations about looting during GEJ's regime means nothing to you because he is from your tribe? If you don't have anything to say, please just keep quiet and stop insulting us here.
Opinedecandid:
Really, which Jonathan?
The heroic hero with the golden heart?
The clear-conscience conscientious man?

The defender, protector and facilitator of our democracy?

Mr. Statesman.
Mr. Humble.
Mr. Humane.
Mr. Milk-of-human-kindness.
Mr. Love.
Mr. "No-blood-should-be-spilled-for-my-election"

The Goodluck Jonathan of our time?

He will speak fearlessly and sincerely.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by wealth123: 11:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
Indeed. You have been hypnotized.
SeverusSnape:
Good. Jona has nothing to hide, A clear conscience fears no accusation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obiano Moves To Construct Railway In Anambra / Dogara: There Are Plots By Some Operatives Of The Police To Assassinate Me / Fr. Kelvin Ugwu To Abati: “You Were Too Biased To Anchor A Presidential Debate”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.