Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Man Marries Wife’s Corpse - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Man Marries Wife’s Corpse (690 Views)

Corpse Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China Packaged; To Be Flown To Nig / Man Killed By Lightning In Kwara Buried In Pigs Blood, Corpse Exhumed. Photos / Delta Man Forced To Drink Water Used In Bathing His Brother's Corpse. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Marries Wife’s Corpse by dlivefeeds: 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
A man has married the corpse of his late wife following his inability to perform her traditional rites when she was alive in Onitsha city in Anambra State, eastern Nigeria.
The marriage attracted many dignitaries from both the couples’ families, friends and well wishers last Saturday in Onitsha city where both family reside.
The couple lived as husband and wife without payment of her bride price or dowry and had six children before the wife fell sick and died.
Thereafter, her family insisted that the man must marry the corpse by paying the dowry and returning the six children they had before the deceased would be buried.

http://www.thelivefeeds.com/man-marries-wifes-corpse-in-anambra/
Re: Man Marries Wife’s Corpse by chocolateme(f): 3:17pm On Feb 22, 2016
Hmm... This is why I always advice my fellow ladies and guys not to live together no matter the condition especially if not married. Its a pity that some traditions are still functional despite their achaic nature.

1 Like

Re: Man Marries Wife’s Corpse by Elosky20: 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
chocolateme:
Hmm... This is why I always advice my fellow ladies and guys not to live together no matter the condition especially if not married. Its a pity that some traditions are still functional despite their achaic nature.
the bible never abolished traditions, the man got what he deserve, can u imagine impregnating a girl six times without thinking of paying her dowry, my brother that is abomination even in the eyes of God.
Re: Man Marries Wife’s Corpse by chocolateme(f): 3:41pm On Feb 22, 2016
Elosky20:

the bible never abolished traditions, the man got what he deserve, can u imagine impregnating a girl six times without thinking of paying her dowry, my brother that is abomination even in the eyes of God.
yes its true but I wonder if it was him who went to live with the lady or if he forced her to leave her parent's house to come and stay with the him. Desperation can also lead to that.
Re: Man Marries Wife’s Corpse by MayorofLagos(m): 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
Where else

(1) (Reply)

Aburi Accord And Ooni Of Ife's One Nigeria Declaration. / The Ghanaian Store Owner Told Me The African Man Is Meant For Africa / Nobody In The North Aims To Kill Igbos - Sultan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.