Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam (796 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu All Smiles As He Receives Scultpured Image Made 2 Honour Him(pics) / Corpse Of Godspower Umejuru Ake Arrives Rivers State House Of Assembly. Photos / Buhari May Recall Sacked Mani, CSO, To Redesignate Him Chief Detail - Tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by judecares1(m): 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
WARRI — IJAW leader and Ibibenimowe (Chief Mobilizer) of Gbaramatu Kingdom, Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State, Chief Godspower Gbenekama, says people could call the former Niger Delta militant leader, Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, a criminal, but to the Gbaramatu-Ijaw man, he is more than a leader.
*Tompolo
“People can call Tompolo, the Ibe-ebidouwei of Ijaw nation (Someone who wants the good of Ijaw nation) criminal or somebody, who has eaten all the federal government’s money, but at home in Gbaramatu, he is still revered. They (Tompolo and Federal Government) were business partners; they should settle the issue amicably instead of dragging everybody into it,” Gbenekama stated in the concluding part of his interview, last week, with Niger Delta Voice in Warri.
Emblem of Ijaw struggle
His words: “For me Tompolo is more than a Gbaramatu leader. He is a symbol of Ijaw struggle. He has tried his level best to attract development to our area. He is also standing in for federal government as far as vandalisation and crimes in the waterways are concerned. I stand in solidarity with him.
“That is not to say I condone illegality. He has made enemies in the course of fighting for federal government. If you have issues with him, sort them out amicably so that the people in Gbaramatu do not have to suffer. They can look for soft landing for him. That is what we are saying.
Gbenekama noted, “When these business transactions were on, I was no party to it, but I know that this young man made a lot of enemies so that what is happening could as well be the handiwork of those bent on getting their pound of flesh.”
According to him, “He (Tompolo) actually frustrated the economic lives of some people who were criminals; I stand in solidarity with him. He has also said he would respect the law under a due process. It is for the federal government to keep faith and make him believe there is no hidden agenda in this whole saga. Because what we find these days is somebody arrested for one thing, tomorrow, 1001 extraneous things come up and you are not given the right freedom.”
Tompolo fought oil thieves
The Ijaw leader, who urged the Olu of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, in the first part of the interview to call the Ajuwaoyiboyami of Warri Kingdom, Chief Ayirimi Emami, aka Akulagba, to order, remarked: “The Tompolo that is now a bad boy in the eyes of the Federal Government helped the Delta Waterways Security Committee to succeed. “
“People that he could listen to and people that could listen to him were in that committee. Are we not aware of the fact that even when Ayiri was the committee chair, Tompolo was going about burning and destroying illegal refineries, boats, chasing illegal bunkering syndicates and all that?
“Besides, any perceived success recorded by his (Ayiri’s) committee could not have been by his input alone. As far as am concerned, Tompolo has assisted every agency concerned with bringing sanity to the waterways and he is still assisting until tomorrow. It could not have been Ayiri alone.
“All of us worked to ensure peace and security reigns in that axis, I was born and have lived in that area; I have never seen any of these people claiming credit on security in the area come near our kingdom. I only see the aura and power of Tompolo ensuring that people were not stealing, kidnapping or cooking illegal oil arbitrarily,” he said.
On the current fate of the Nigerian Maritime University, NMU, Okerenkoko, does he entertain fears about the Federal Government’s Gas City project at Ogidgiben and Gbaramatu Sea Port, especially with the Ijaw/Itsekiri rancon, he said, “The Gas City in Madangho (Itsekiri) and Deep Sea Port (Gbaramatu), two arms of the Export Processing Zone, EPZ projects are good to go.
“The Interface Committee for Ugborodo and that of Gbaramatu agree on how the stakes should be. Those fomenting trouble should be prepared for a backlash on any disruptions they are bringing into the project.”
Conspiratorial alliance’ll fail
According to him: “The purported inflammatory news on the Marine University in Gbaramatu, if it is being dreamt in the coven must not be allowed to happen in the real world. Niger Deltans, Ijaw, nay Gbaramatu people say that this government does not have Niger Delta at heart. How do you explain that a school approved to have commenced September, last year, with a temporary site in place, whose permanent site is already under construction, is now removed or relocated to where we do not know?”
“I do not know how the Minister for Transport transformed into Minister for Information that now announces such inflammatory news. That school will bring development, education, civilization, employment and empowerment to Gbaramatu, the immediate host, its environs, Delta state and Nigerian at large. We are crying about employment, and this is happening, the university is another way of stopping pipeline vandalism because an idle mind, they say, is the devil’s workshop.
Gbenekama, however, dismissed the fear of troublemakers putting the EPZ project on hold, saying, “Gbaramatu and Ugborodo are bigger than any individual on this matter. Those making it look as if we are at war over this project should be careful what they wish for themselves. We maintain that the Itsekiri monarch should call those making trouble to order.”
Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by Ecoterrorism(f): 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2016
I also honour him.

2 Likes

Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by Tunami(m): 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2016
nigerians always honour and celebrate high profile criminals since time immemorial. So am not surprised atal.

1 Like

Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by judecares1(m): 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
I also honour him.
Y shld u honour him
Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by slimfit1(m): 11:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
Its natural for tribes that are morally bankrupt.
Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by babasanti: 12:23am On Feb 23, 2016
Tompolo is our homeboy.

1 Like

Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by coolscott(m): 2:30am On Feb 23, 2016
I am Ijaw and I don't honour him
Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by Pidggin(f): 2:49am On Feb 23, 2016
SS always support their own.
Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by Flexherbal(m): 3:09am On Feb 23, 2016
Everybody has a right to his or her opinion.

1 Like

Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by judecares1(m): 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
Flexherbal:
Everybody has a right to his or her opinion.
Bros 3origin ll b ok 4 u na?
Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by judecares1(m): 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
Pidggin:
SS always support their own.
Just as d pipo 4rm north ll support dia own
Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by judecares1(m): 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
coolscott:
I am Ijaw and I don't honour him
Are u sure or u are an ijaw by typing?
Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by judecares1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
babasanti:
Tompolo is our homeboy.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, can I hear u say homeboy? Bros na u get ur mouth ooooooooooooo
Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by Jusmudi(m): 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
Tunami:
nigerians always honour and celebrate high profile criminals since time immemorial. So am not surprised atal.
Since is Tompolo is nw high profile criminal wat of d so called politicians
Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by Tunami(m): 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
Jusmudi:

Since is Tompolo is nw high profile criminal wat of d so called politicians
same thing applies to them.
Re: People Can Brand Tompolo Criminal But Ijaws Honour Him —chief Godspower Gbenekam by chubhiee: 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
Tompolo is such a local hero. Keyamo and Buhari needs to understand this before they confiscate and auction off tompolo papa house.

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions / The Day Mushin Made History / Open Letter To President Buhari: Nigerians Are Suffering And Frustrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.