Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions (797 Views)

FG Allocates 4.3bn For Revival Of Ajaokuta Steel Company / 2016 FG's Budget - Budget Of Change, Hope & Economic Revival / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by thunder74(m): 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
We read that President Buhari is planning to convey emergency economic conference. I felt many us could suggest ideas that could save the country from the present predicaments and ideas to move us to the next level.
Let us contribute and write our suggestions here, who knows someone somewhere may read it and use it.

My suggestion:
I suggest that the CBN should reduce the interest rate because our products can't compete internationally with goods from countries with lower rates. The price of our goods can also be competitive locally if manufacturers have access to funds at lower rates

NB
No APC and PDP or PMB vs GEJ matter here o. Let take this matter serious?
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by oduastates: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
suggestion ?
Restructure .
Abuja is 50% of the problem .

1 Like

Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by olamds(m): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
We should make our country conducive for foreign investors......stable Electricity,security etc

1 Like

Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by thunder74(m): 6:06pm On Feb 27, 2016
Government appointments/elected offices should not be full time, especially the National Assembly and ministers
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by WATCHOVER(m): 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
Which kind suggestion are you looking for? even if I have the solutions I won't spit it out because when Jonathan needed him most he did'nt assist.
Secondly a man who refuses to listen to Nigerians nai u wan suggest something for?. Abeg Op look for another thread to create.
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by thunder74(m): 6:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
WATCHOVER:
Which kind suggestion are you looking for? even if I have the solutions I won't spit it out because when Jonathan needed him most he did'nt assist.
Secondly a man who refuses to listen to Nigerians nai u wan suggest something for?. Abeg Op look for another thread to create.
You are right but instead of complaints only, the solution may be from the youth. He that knoweth to do good and do it not, to him is a sin.
It is our country, let us help if we can bc the effect is on all of us. At least let us say it to satisfy our consciences.
Somebody once said the policy makers visit this forum once in a while.
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by Standing5(m): 6:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
Let the FG continue with the effeciency unit it has set up for purchase of basic items like stationaries, IT equipment, Fuel, Furnitures, recreation, allowances and scrutiny of items cost across a wide range of ministries, agencies, and depts.

The FG shovld also cut by 20% salary of workers who got increases in the days of crude oil price boom. The boom is over and incentive should be for overall output increase and not market force based increases.

Strengthen border security to reduce smuggling of clothes, foods which Nigerians buy everyday and help stop capital flight.

Reposition YouWin and similar schemes.

Start giving bailout to states looking to invest rather than pay salaries and loot via phantom projects like free feeding, aircraft/airport acquisition, money sharing, and subsidies that favour consumption instead of production.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by TheDevilIsALai: 6:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
My honest advice is that he should resign
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by TheDevilIsALai: 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
Standing5:

The FG shovld also cut by 20% salary of workers who got increases in the days of crude oil price boom. The boom is over and incentive should be for overall output increase and market force based increaser.

Cut salaries that have little purchasing power in the light of hyper inflation?

Why don't you just sack 50% of the work force?

It is people like you that give useless advice to that rascal in Osun

Standing5:

Start giving bailout to states looking to invest rather than pay salaries and loot via phantom projects like free feeding, aircraft/airport acquisition, money sharing, and subsidies that favour consumption instead of production.

Why should the FG give the likes of Aregbe another bailout? What did the goat do with the first bailout package he got? Wasn't the package meant to offset salaries being owed?

As I said, you are one of the dolts advising that rascal in Osun
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by Standing5(m): 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

Cut salaries that have little purchasing power in the light of hyper inflation?

Why don't you just sack 50% of the work force?

It is people like you that give useless advice to that rascal in Osun

Why should the FG give the likes of Aregbe another bailout? What did the goat do with the first bailout package he got? Wasn't the package meant to offset salaries being owed?

As I said, you are one of the dolts advising that rascal in Osun
Youq hatred is unmistakably clear. I said FG should only give bail out to state looking to invest rather than spend on stomach projects yet u went ahead to attack it out of zombie-like hatred for anything Osun.
The salarx of FG workers whose pay can't buy anything by reason of depreciated Naira easily dwarfs the pay of other equally unproductive citizens and is a major source of capital flight, as they are more prone to buy foreign goods. Get sense bro and stop hating blindly.
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by TheDevilIsALai: 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
Standing5:
Youq hatred is unmistakably clear. I said FG should only give bail out to state looking to invest rather than spend on stomach projects yet u went ahead to attack it out of zombie-like hatred for anything Osun.
The salarx of FG workers whose pay can't buy anything by reason of depreciated Naira easily dwarfs the pay of other equally unproductive citizens and is a major source of capital flight, as they are more prone to buy foreign goods. Get sense bro and stop hating blindly.

The bailouts were necessitated and approved in the wake of state govt's not able to pay salaries for months.

The whole policy of bailout was for stomach infrastructure.

Are you not aware of famine conditions of osun state workers who needed food aid from philanthropic groups? Aregbe has proven to be more dangerous than boko haram as there is not even a famine in the northeast despite all the carnage.

What Nigerian economy needs now is a healthy stimulus package to revive the dying retail sector which has more Nigerians directly or indirectly employed. By cutting salaries you risk a serious case of deflation.
has economic activity in Osun not stalled since Aregbe refused to pay state civil servants salaries? This is Osun which is primarily a civil servant state.

If you cut salaries or throw people into the ever increasing labour market in the name of Cost savings your risk more hardship and dwindling economy.

They should fix their budget of fraud and cut unnecessary expenditures and from there utilise funds in creating jobs.

That is the only solution
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by ndcide(m): 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
The government needs no suggestions from wailing wailers. the county is doing just fine. everybody is happy. PMB have made all things good.
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by HiddenShadow: 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
True federalism
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by Standing5(m): 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

What Nigerian economy needs now is a healthy stimulus package to revive the dying retail sector which has more Nigerians directly or indirectly employed. By cutting salaries you risk a serious case of deflation.
has economic activity in Osun not stalled since Aregbe refused to pay state civil servants salaries? This is Osun which is primarily a civil servant state.

If you cut salaries or throw people into the ever increasing labour market in the name of Cost savings your risk more hardship and dwindling economy.
By giving bail out to retailers, you mean the govt should support retail of what's largely foreign goods over stimulation of local alternatives that employs you & I, and keep our wealth within our economy? I am surprised by your electric brain dude, where did you get?

TheDevilIsALai:

They should fix their budget of fraud and cut unnecessary expenditures and from there utilise funds in creating jobs.

That is the only solution
Clap for yourself.
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by TheDevilIsALai: 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
Standing5:
By giving bail out to retailers, you mean the govt should support retail of what's largely foreign goods over stimulation of local alternatives that employs you & I, and keep our wealth within our economy? I am surprised by your electric brain dude, where did you get?

Clap for yourself.

You are a dunce.

By not paying salaries you create a negative rippling effect.

Is it now that you know you must ban imports? Why did you oppose subsidy removal which was affecting private local refineries from being set up?

Use brain Taju or loose it
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by Bevista: 8:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:
You are a dunce.

By not paying salaries you create a negative rippling effect.

Is it now that you know you must ban imports? Why did you oppose subsidy removal which was affecting private local refineries from being set up?

Use brain Taju or loose it
You may have superior knowledge on the workings of the economy, but you can make your point without using derogatory words on others. Even if you are provoked, you can show maturity.
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by TheDevilIsALai: 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
Bevista:
You may have superior knowledge on the workings of the economy, but you can make your point without using derogatory words on others. Even if you are provoked, you can show maturity.

It's not an insult but an apt description.

Thou shall not pity a fool.
Re: Let Us Give The Government Economic Revival Suggestions by boldaslion: 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
thunder74:

You are right but instead of complaints only, the solution may be from the youth. He that knoweth to do good and do it not, to him is a sin.
It is our country, let us help if we can bc the effect is on all of us. At least let us say it to satisfy our consciences.
Somebody once said the policy makers visit this forum once in a while.

You may make all the suggestions you can but end up wasting your time and resources. REASON: whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Also, with the same measure that ye mete, withal, it shall be measured to you again. MEANING. The things they sowed against GEJ God will make they reap them in 100 fold, except they repent and restitute their ways and wickedness, otherwise, no amount of prayer can save both them and their Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Saharareporters Story-sowore / Hon Amaechi, We Need Peace In Rivers State And Not War / Pictures From The FREE Training Done For The Unemployed Graduates In Lagos Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.