Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,332 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle (3367 Views)

Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement / Vacate Your Offices, Biafran Movement Tells S’east Govs / Biafran Movement To Secede From Nigeria - Fox News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 9:14am On Feb 23, 2016
1970-1983...... After the civil war the Igbo nation staggered but never fell. They gradually rebuilt a global empire for themselves in trading and manufacturing.
Their own sons and daughters became heads of the world Bank..... And have continued to lead the finance world in a country where their parents and brothers were killed.

They formed unions to protect their kind and to build up each other up.

In 1983 it all changed........

It is said that the Igbo nation will never unite unless for a cause sprinkled with the blood of over 3,000,000 of their own. Cemented by bonds of spilled blood.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 9:15am On Feb 23, 2016
2. In 1983 they had regained everything they lost.......they became Vice President in a land their families were butchered.

But in one single stroke all fell off. A man who would not be named came. He locked the symbol of their pride Ekwueme in Kirikiri. They were incensed by the house arrest of the President.

They kept quiet and did nothing. He arrested the symbol of their struggle Ojukwu who had been silent and apolitical.

They vowed never to be of kin with a man who has avowed hatred for them.

Now you know why he is hated.

True, it is said that the Igbo nation will never unite unless for a cause sprinkled with the blood of over 3,000,000 of their own. Cemented by bonds of spilled blood.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 9:16am On Feb 23, 2016
1985- 2010........Under the Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, and Yar Adua tenure they prospered on their own without a recourse to the government. True their daughters and sons were in government to give them a sense of belonging. Still the shouts of Biafran agitators were still heard.

They didn't ignore it, but they just listened. It told of a place they once called home.

Let me say it......... the Igbo nation will never unite unless for a cause sprinkled with the blood of over 3,000,000 of their own. Cemented by bonds of spilled blood.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 9:18am On Feb 23, 2016
2010- 2015...... Under the Jonathan's era ......they occupied the commanding heights of the economy as they did before the war.

They had started .manufacture of cars and Mass production of vehicle parts EVEN making jet parts....a feat unknown to the black race. They were already having industrial complexes in China, South Korea and Japan.

But they wanted to be home. A real home.

It is said that the Igbo nation will never unite unless for a cause sprinkled with the blood of over 3,000,000 of their own. Cemented by bonds of spilled blood.

By 2014 the call was loud......... A group known as BZM....Biafran Zionist movement. A group that wants a home for the wandering Jews of Africa seized a radio station. They even attempt to kill senator David Mark.

Many saw the rise of a sleeping giant. The over 15 million Igbo's in the western world and the far East were looking for a place to keep their massive amounts of wealth they had built over the years. They wanted to come home ......a real home.

Jonathan was named their son.....He was their son truly but he was opposed widely.

The Confab was a ploy to create such a home within Nigeria. But the north and south west opposed......

Now finally he was pushed out..... The symbol of their belonging. Worse yet he was replaced by a man who they hated more than death itself......

They silently got ready for the biggest protest of their time.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 9:21am On Feb 23, 2016
April 2015.....: 6. Before the loss of Jonathan many had said.... If he lost the country would divide. However he played a fast one on everyone by congratulating his opponent before the result were fully released.

If he had waited .....he would have done the bidding of those who wish to divide this land.

His opponent won and quickly stopped the 2nd Niger Bridge, He stopped the University in Gbaramatu. Worse still they poured venom on the symbol that we are Nigerians......GEJ ...

They simply created fertile ground for secession.

At Jonathan's loss à man Kanu, was already transversing the globe...... Talking to Igbo's world over.....

Biafra remembrance day..... And proselytizing on the radio, from friends and in the market.....he reached millions in and outside Nigeria.

3,000,000 souls is a bond you would not never comprehend..... It united the lost Jews.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by cheruv: 9:22am On Feb 23, 2016
Ihe a yiri ihnye gādi uto kiss
Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 9:23am On Feb 23, 2016
Era of Protest and civil disobedience....

The hatred of our pride, our sons......our billionaires Tony Elemelu and Jim Ovia.........sent fence sitters cascading down. Baring them from your meeting was a Step too far.

Billionaires line up Anambra to Abia, Rivers To Enugu. Arthur Eze to Orji Uzor but these two were special...... They have empowered more Igbo's than anyone else.

That was the beginning of the end.....

At this stage all could still be reversed........but it wasn't.

The era of mass protests and crackdown began. For without knowing what happened had turned a chapter in the history of Nigeria.

The protest was under the guise of protest for Kanu........We saw a lot more to it.

THEY SIMPLY MARKED THEIR TERRITORIES.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 9:25am On Feb 23, 2016
The era of revelations have now began.

The UK Parliament sponsored a bill for the attainment of Biafra.....,

A few days ago..... A chairman of a political party PPP asked for a referendum on the secessionist agenda.

Lest we forget .......this same party once controlled 2 states in Nigeria and is sponsored by one of Nigeria's richest men who doubles as President of the World Shippers Council.

He has both international recognition and funds to realize the secession agenda........ Even richer sponsors abroad has been identified...

It is still not too late to save this country.....true federalism

In the weeks running down more political, religious and traditional figures would come out plainly.

3,000,000 dead bodies is too strong a foundation break it before it gets stronger..

True Federalism can change all of this
Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2016
12. The future of the struggle is ....

i. A weakened Nigerian government conducts referendum.

ii. The new nation joins ECOWAS.....,.no love lost....

Still a lot can still be changed........The ball is in the court of Nigerian government. All that they want is a space for themselves....... they are not Nigeria's enemy....

As vanguard Newspaper put's it......Biafra can exist within Nigeria.

please place in the front page to clear the air on issues bothering on this struggle.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2016
Lalasticlala, tosyne2much, mynd44......please move forward to front page......let's Reverse the tide
Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by frleopardo: 9:38am On Feb 23, 2016
All hail biafra

4 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by Elosky20: 9:49am On Feb 23, 2016
nobody hates the igbos, buhari extended the hands of peace to us and we rejected it, in favour of Jonathan >>>>>>Rochas Okorocha.
One nigeria

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by reallest(f): 9:57am On Feb 23, 2016
Hmmmmm interesting
Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 10:09am On Feb 23, 2016
Elosky20:
nobody hates the igbos, buhari extended the hands of peace to us and we rejected it, in favour of Jonathan >>>>>>Rochas Okorocha.
One nigeria

Maybe you did not understand..... summary....

TRUE FEDERALISM
Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 10:09am On Feb 23, 2016
n
Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by Eseries(m): 10:53am On Feb 23, 2016
I love your presentation! I nwere ogugu isi!
I tell people that our problem is structural. We have not and cannot achieve much under this set up.
let us stay further apart but together! let us spark constructive competition between us, until then.............
Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
I think I am intelligent until I saw this..

Going back to school.. ........

Kudos to you brother!!

This is super brilliant!! !!

This is exactly the reason for many Igbos hate and aggression towards Nigeria, duo some can really concoct words in this manner to explain it.

But you reflected deeply into many minds.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by highpriest4: 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
We are coming

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by mordsith: 4:34pm On Feb 23, 2016
Biafra cannot die off......its root cause must be treated
Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by Marcelini(m): 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
There was never a time Ndiigbo rejected Nigeria. What we rejected was an Arewa and Yoruba fancied Nigeria.
We rejected Nigeria as fancied by the North and SW.

And nothing has changed.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by obailala(m): 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
mordsith:
2010- 2015......

Jonathan was named their son.....He was their son truly but he was opposed widely.

The Confab was a ploy to create such a home within Nigeria. [size=13pt]But the north and south west opposed[/size]......

Now finally he was pushed out..... The symbol of their belonging. Worse yet he was replaced by a man who they hated more than death itself......

They silently got ready for the biggest protest of their time.
The last time I checked, the SE and SS and SW asked for the same thing in the last confab. The only thing the SW opposed was the return of an ineffective weak leader called Jonathan who watched helplessly for years as his friends plundered the nation's wealth; except you are saying a 'Jonathan presidency' is your own definition of restructuring the nation, I don't understand what you mean by this statement.

4 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by CSTR2: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
obailala:
The last time I checked, the SE and SS and SW asked for the same thing in the last confab. The only thing the SW opposed was the return of an ineffective weak leader called Jonathan who watched helplessly for years as his friends plundered the nation's wealth; except you are saying a 'Jonathan presidency' is your own definition of restructuring the nation, I don't understand what you mean by this statement.
If jonathan was supposedly the problem, then why haven't the SW pushed for true federalism under buhari?
Afterall, Buhari is their president and this is their preferred govt.
Buhari recently overruled the confab reports with the SW as mute as a donkey.
You are a very dishonest human being and with people like you in that country shying away from the bitter truth like cowards, then there is no hope in sight.

5 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by obailala(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
CSTR2:
If jonathan was supposedly the problem, then why haven't the SW pushed for true federalism under buhari?
Afterall, Buhari is their president and this is their preferred govt.
Buhari recently overruled the confab reports with the SW as mute as a donkey.
You are a very dishonest human being and with people like you in that country shying away from the bitter truth like cowards, then there is no hope in sight.
Bro, the NW and NE are the only major blocks against true federalism in Nigeria (for obvious reasons). As much as they have a large population and representatives, they do not outnumber the other zones in Nigeria. But do you know the reason why true federalism cannot be achieved?... It is because of the foolishness of the SE and SW who are always on each other's necks and will never unite in this singular purpose to push for true federalism. As long as the SE and SW continue to fight each other like 2 scorned wives married to the same chief, the north would continue to have the upper hand and laugh at us.

Meanwhile, just the same way the SE was mute on this subject when Jonathan reigned (because the SE appeared favoured), the SW is now mute under Buhari because they think they are now favoured; it's common sense bro. By the way, I don't know what you mean by your last sentence about me being 'dishonest,' I don't even know how that applies to what we are saying here.

5 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by Osakah24(m): 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
Let sleeping giants arise.
Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by CSTR2: 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
obailala:
Bro, the NW and NE are the only major blocks against true federalism in Nigeria (for obvious reasons). As much as they have a large population and representatives, they do not outnumber the other zones in Nigeria. But do you know the reason why true federalism cannot be achieved?... It is because of the foolishness of the SE and SW who are always on each other's necks and will never unite in this singular purpose to push for true federalism. As long as the SE and SW continue to fight each other like 2 scorned wives married to the same chief, the north would continue to have the upper hand and laugh at us.

Meanwhile, just the same way the SE was mute on this subject when Jonathan reigned (because the SE appeared favoured), the SW is now mute under Buhari because they think they are now favoured; it's common sense bro. By the way, I don't know what you mean by your last sentence about me being 'dishonest,' I don't even know how that applies to what we are saying here.
The SE have never been mute on true federalism even in GEJ's government.
It was SE economic experts and advisers in jonathan's govt that convinced him to have a confab and push for true federalism.
SE have always been direct with thier demand for true federalism. Even the confab itself was a testament to it.
We are not snakes that lose sight of the bigger picture because our preferred govt is in power for now.

5 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by obailala(m): 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
CSTR2:
The SE have never been mute on true federalism even in GEJ's government.
It was SE economic experts and advisers in jonathan's govt that convinced him to have a confab and push for true federalism.
SE have always been direct with thier demand for true federalism. Even the confab itself was a testament to it.
We are not snakes that lose sight of the bigger picture because our preferred govt is in power for now.
The point is simple, the SW and SE and SS wants true federalism. The only way it can be achieved is by working together to overrule the north which is sitting on its realisation; the surest way not to achieve it is by the SE and SW accusing each other and being on each other's necks as has always been the case since time immemorial.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by CSTR2: 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
obailala:
The point is simple, the SW and SE and SS wants true federalism. The only way it can be achieved is by working together to overrule the north which is sitting on its realisation; the surest way not to achieve it is by the SE and SW accusing each other and being on each other's necks as has always been the case since time immemorial.
I don't think everybody wants true federalism, atleast not like the SE does.
Voting for man who is predictably anti-true federalism is not a way to show you want true federalism,
Infact, i think if anybody decides to run against buhari and promises true federalism. the SW would still vote buhari.
I think the SW is just interested in what butters their bread regardless of how shortsighted . As long as it gives them a marginal advantage over the rest, they are satisfied.

6 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by CSTR2: 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
obailala:
Voting for a man who is predictably anti-true federalism is not a way to show you want true federalism,
Infact, i think if anybody decides to run against buhari and promises true federalism. the SW would still vote buhari.
I think the SW is just interested in what butters their bread regardless of how shortsighted . As long as it gives them a marginal advantage over the rest, they are satisfied.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by omoelesa(m): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
CSTR2:
Voting for a man who is predictably anti-true federalism is not a way to show you want true federalism,
Rubish
Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by CSTR2: 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
omoelesa:
Rubish
It is the bitter truth.
True federalism is not a priority of the SW.
As long as buhari has osinbanjo and the rest of the SW hordes in his govt, true federalism be damned.
Buhari will shitt and it will smell like roses to our yoruba people.

8 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by omoelesa(m): 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
CSTR2:
It is the bitter truth.
True federalism is not a priority of the SW.
As long as buhari has osinbanjo and the rest of the SW hordes in his govt, true federalism be damned.
Buhari will shitt and it will smell like roses to our yoruba people.
Lol,ibos always looking for who to blame.
Re: This Thread Is Not To Support The Biafran Movement.... Timeline Of A Struggle by CSTR2: 7:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
omoelesa:
Lol,ibos always looking for who to blame.
Good that you have finally begun to agree.
I think you meant the other way round as far as sharing blame is concerned. Have you blamed GEJ for buhari's illiteracy yet?.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel is Cheaper in Nigeria than Saudi Arabia,UAE,Angola,US,Ghana,Cameroon etc / . / FINALLY BENUE DECIDES. Akume In His Zone Has Been Defeated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.