Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,263 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters (2489 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Graphic Photos Of People Killed During Election Today / Politicians Tell So Many Lies – Jonathan / Most Politicians Guilty Of False Assets Declaration – Okunrounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by tosyne2much(m): 2:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
First thread I will be posting in the Politics section of nairaland.. Yippieeee !!! cheesy

In every election season, we
see a lot of fibbing by the presidential and governorship campaigns in the homestretch when the candidates contest for deception, misdirection, fact-bending, half-truths, and downright lies. In other words, Nigeria politics demands that candidates display all sorts of hypocripsy as well as lies and exaggerations because the candidate who's telling the truth has lower chances of winning, or perhaps, doesn't even have a chance at all.

However, when politicians renege on
campaign promises, they are not “being economical with the truth” but “deceiving the public in order to win an election

Without wasting time, I shall discuss the common lies Nigerian politicians often use to coerce Nigerians into voting them into power

1. I will make $1 Equal to 1 Naira

I can't but laugh each time I watch presidential election campaigns and hear candidates saying they will equate Naira to Dollars. The same promise was made by the past president to scam gullible Nigerians into voting them into power yet the current administration followed suite with the same empty promise during campaign just to solicit for votes

2. I will turn Nigeria to the United States of America

Even the ones who are only going into power to emblezzle public funds will promise to turn the Nigeria's economy to that of the United States even though they know it's almost impossible but a mere mouth promise

3. Uninterrupted Power Supply

Nearly every politician at the state and federal level promises the citizens uninterupted power supply, when in fact, it is an outwright lie. The same people who promise constant power supply will raise electricity tariff and will be using generators

4. Free/ Improved Education

Our education system is dilapidated with outdated syllabus and inadequate facilities even though we deceive ourselves claiming our respective institution is the hardest to study or bag first class/distinction and all that. In Nigeria, the motive leading people to be educate, is solely to intimidate, discriminate against the not so educated all in a bid to make them feel less of themselves.

5. Employment/ Stipends for Unemployed Graduates

The rate of joblessness is currently high yet you will see many politicians riding exotic cars and building mansions both inside and outside the country. However, joblessness has even affected the rational thinking of our youths that they get worked up over irrelevant things and are ready to lay down their lives just to claim that "Bsc is superior to HND"; NOUN graduates are half-baked; PDP is better than APC; asun is sweeter than suya, yet they can't even boast of N1,500 in their bank accounts. During election campaigns, these candidates will promise to provide jobs for 400, 000 graduates every year even though they know that it's quite impossible. They use this statement to coerce people to vote them in

7. Prompt Payment of Pension

My dad retired two years ago and ever since then, the pension committee has been displaying a degree of nonchallant attitude toward the payment of pension to the prospective pensioners making them look like they are beggars or something. My dad even opined that some of his colleges at who retired nearly seven years ago are yet to collect their pension yet our politicians will promise prompt payment of pension but will load
their pension into their pockets

8. Infrastructural Development

Nearly every prospective president and governor promises good roads, railways and renovation of bridges. Today, we hear about how people die in autocrash; tomorrow, we hear about how people suffer total incapacity as a result of our dilapidated roads yet our politicians promise good roads and will hover around with aeroplanes and helicopters.

9. Free food for All

The current government promised one square meal for every primary school pupil yet they have failed to fulfil their unrealistic promise.

10. Reduction in Fuel Price

Since poverty rate is high in Nigeria, politicians deceive Nigerians about reduction in fuel price and when they finally find their way into power, they will claim that the country is financially crippled and can't reduce the fuel price.

I drop my pen at this point cool

Written by: Tosyne2much

Email: Tosyne2much@yahoo.com

Source: http://tosyne2much..com/2016/02/10-lies-politicians-often-tell-during.html

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by wristbangle: 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
11. Nigeria will become the world's largest exporter of agricultural commodities

Ever since oil discovery in Nigeria, the government and citizens are wholly depending on it for revenue generation while neglecting agricultural sector that will actually make the economy boom. Now that there is oil glut in international market for which the price is given bubu and his cohorts chronic headache simply because it's below the budget proposal benchmark, all they could only think of is to scam Nigerian through hike in NEPA bills, N50 deduction from every N1000 credited to your account, etc. The past/present government keep lying to Nigerians when campaigning that they will provide all the necessary basic amenities which I have never witness any since my childhood.

Lalasticlala, Dominique and oga seun will agree with me that an average Nigerian can no longer afford to buy common egg, pawpaw and other cheap items. With this circumstances, how can we become the largest exporter of what is not enough to go round? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by amzee(m): 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
The reasons politicians lie is because the public doesn't want to hear the truth. People want to hear what they want to hear.

When two candidates are running and one of them tells the truth and the other says what the
public wants to hear, the one who says what the public wants to hear wins the election. Thus, and there are exceptions to this, if you want to win an election, you
better start lying, because the guy who's telling you the truth doesn't have a chance.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by tosyne2much(m): 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
Viewing this topic: Seun(m), wristbangle(m), amzee(m), tosyne2much(m) and 1 guest(s)
(Go Up)

Oga Seun dis one wey u sit down for this thread, hope I'm safe sha? cheesy
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by hahn(m): 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
tosyne2much:
[i]

Source: http://tosyne2much..com/2016/02/10-lies-politicians-often-tell-during.html

Politicians will promise to build bridges where there is no sea just to get votes undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Elparaiso(m): 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
I'm a youth so I share your plight
That's why I'm here to fight for your right.
Vote for me and I will give you light.
After I win, we will be alllllllright.

Ask Eldee.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by henrylowe(m): 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
That number 1 is very common
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Ecoterrorism(f): 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
It should be 10 lies Buhari used to decievie SW peeps because every alamajiri would have voted him

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by aolumaxi(m): 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
na Buhari promises be dis keh! tosyne2much, u no try ooo grin

lemme add mine
11; Nigeria will collapse if you give PDP another four years.... like say na them be Niaja Foundation....

12, Free food... (naija like awoof ehn): well, maybe the caterers still dey prepare the food

abeg: I drop my biro at this point...

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by walexsy(m): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
Not all...just Buhari... Our Presidiot
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by chubhiee: 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
Two people I don't take their words for it..... A politician and God of men.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
How can you make promises with Basic amenities that should be provided for us on default?
We are way backwards!!

Just that when a politician brings out his manifesto based on financial and economic development, to the average Nigerian, "He is talking bullshit".

Roads, quality Education, light, etc... All these things are supposed to be provided by default!!

Meanwhile, shout out to all those who can't even make a complete sentence on NL and still call Buhari a dullard!!.... I hail una.
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by eleojo23: 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
And people fall for it every time.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
Will go come back when this hit FP
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by ClassCaptain(m): 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
cry
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by tosyne2much(m): 3:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
adepeter26:
Will go come back when this hit FP
How sure are you that it will grace the FP? cheesy
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by AyamConfidence(m): 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
11) WE WILL PROVIDE SECURITY: well as an insecure Nation we are in search of security which politicians do not fail in promising but after elections we realise we are running on a threadmill and havent moved a step forward...people contimue to commit crimes and even the so calle.d security personnels now contribute to the insecurity...they break into people's shop at night and take away consumables, they harras and frlg civillians like criminals and when you call them for an emergency...they are nowhere to be found.....NAIJA WICH WAY NA?
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Soreza(m): 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
CHANGE
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
All these politicians have their way because the average Nigerian does not think nor ask the right questions.

Why are we surprised that our economy under Buhari is near a state of comatose when we failed to have him participate in political debate on issues before the election? The debate would have made us to understand the man's policy and prospect and given us the opportunity to weigh him and other contestants.

But will you blame Buhari for not participating in debate? We all know that even when debate is held, the electorates do NOT care about what contestants has to offer but only care about the party he's coming from and the tribe/religion of the person. In fact, it is on record that since 1999, all victorious candidates shuned political debate. All participants LOST in the main Presidential election. The blame should be on the electorates.

In summary, our elites have failed us. We tolerated rubbish and failed to enlighten the non-enlightened. We expect ant to fly because it suit us at a particular time and then cry hullabaloo when it becomes clear to us that Ants can't fly as they have no wings.

The next election coming in 2019 provide us another opportunity to properly vet candidates and parties vying for offices.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Ecoterrorism(f): 4:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
The Op knew all these and was shouting Sai buhari everywhere during the campaigns.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by laginks: 4:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
i think its time nigerians start to vote for people with CLEAR BLUEPRINTS on how they intend to fulfil these promises. Not just believing anything... let them clearly describe and outline how they intend to achieve that..
Anyway, i believe nigerians are wiser now... lets start also praying for the new set of leaders we would have in 2019, its not too soon to start praying..

#myonecent
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by SeverusSnape(m): 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
The Op knew all these and was shouting Sai buhari everywhere during the campaigns.
Don't mind Tosin, I believe he's a good lad, He was only hoodwinked by the broom wielding demons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Mediapace: 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
I wonder oo!
TOSYN GAN AND HIS ......
Ecoterrorism:
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Mediapace: 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
Leave him,he thouht we were talking of dogs here
tosyne2much:
Viewing this topic: Seun(m), wristbangle(m), amzee(m), tosyne2much(m) and 1 guest(s)
(Go Up)

Oga Seun dis one wey u sit down for this thread, hope I'm safe sha? cheesy
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Abbeyunique2(m): 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
vote for me and i will stop this heat.
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Ecoterrorism(f): 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Don't mind Tosin, I believe he's a good lad, He was only hoodwinked by the broom wielding demons.
God will help those ones that are still in the dark
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Slimzjoe(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
Even Tosyne2much has started Diversifying his Economy cheesy cheesy

And Bull_Hari still never know what's Up

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by tosyne2much(m): 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
Ehn ehn !!! You mean I'm a supporter of Buhari?
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by amzee(m): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
Mediapace:
Leave him,he thouht we were talking of dogs here
You mean Seun only comment on threads that concern dog?
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Mediapace: 6:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
amzee:
most times grin
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by Mediapace: 6:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
amzee:
most times grin
Re: 10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters by yunglivochi(m): 10:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
cheesy nice thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

***show Us El Zakzaky Dead Or Alive Within One Week Or Face Terror- Shi’a Muslim / What Has Gone Wrong For Nigeria's President Buhari? Bbc-africa Report / Nnamdi Kanu Be Careful With Your Words—warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.