Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning (53784 Views)

7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University / KBK Foundation Is Looking For Man Assaulted By Police For Demanding His Salary / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by MRBrownJ: 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
omoharry:
And you, stop been a dick and a slave at heart..first the op wrote that they do no grant thier employee leave off work but becos of your slave minded mind you refuse to read that part

what has that got to do with "doing the RIGHT thing, and abiding by work procedures?" the slave mentality is people like you who want to do something WRONG and are quick to try to blame others as racists etc.

..did you..secondly..there this op answers to a boss and not the lebanese..in every company you inform you immediate boss and do not jump protocols

well then, he asked his direct manager and the man refuse to give him the day off, and instead asked him to talk to the MD directly. there were 2 choices here: A) accept that the request for a day off was refused or B) talk to the MD. the foolish OP decided to take the day off while disregarding his manager's request... who does that?! if not a very disrespectful and insubordinate employee.
yet here you all are talking about slavery mentality but the hard fact in this matter is that the OP made a grave error, and should subsequently pay for that. go cry a river all you want, and blame whoever you desire, but WRONG is WRONG

...i have worked in a company where even if write for a leave you wont be granted that leave and they will tell you how grateful you are to land yourself in the job you have..

BWAAAAAAAH!!!! who forced you to stay in such miserable jobs?! the reason why such employers dont respect people like you is because YOU dont respect yourself. when someone tells you such nonsense (and obviously treats you like a modern slave) then it is YOUR duty to leave such disrespectful place of work. but the minute you decide to STAY in that job, is the minute YOU would have gladly accepted to become a slave (and i dont give a damn what your "excuse" is)

you are here supporting these Stupid and uncultured people when even you cannot understand that an employee take instructions from his immediate boss..now the immediate now is incapactated becos of the way these people are..and the answer will still remain No...you are here speaking grammer

you either listen to your immediate manager or you dont and go take the matter with his superior, but lets be clear on something...the immediate manager's answer was: NO days off unless the OP asked the MD, how difficult is it for you to understand that?! in what language do you want me to write it for you to understand this very straight forward answer?

...the worse the stupid monster could do was to terminate his employment

he DID, and the OP decided in lowering himself by begging instead of gladly accepting to never work for the people he regards as monsters.

and not to assult him in his own country..can he try this nonsense with your belove one and you will smile over it...why wont you say that when you are not the in his shoe...na people like you ,dey lick lebanese asses....all Nigerians are wrong where the lebanese is concerned ...Please emaniciapte yourself from this mental slavery that you have..you irritate me and your fellow Nigeriand with you way of are thinking.

here we see the true slave mentality: whether the man is Lebanese or not, whether he is in his country or not, WRONG is WRONG. do you believe that a Nigerian boss can therefore assault their Nigerian staff? i think not, and therefore bringing this man's nationality to this discussion is a joke!
we can clearly understand that many people on this thread are deluded, and simply against the bosses because he is Lebanese. even if the boss is Nigerian, this employee MUST be dismissed! and even if the boss is Nigerian, they should be guilty of assault!

here you all are talking about this man as if his nationality has ANYTHING to do with the subject of assault?! this is the real slave mentality here, the person who is quick to talk trash and point fingers at Indians/Arabs/Asians employers in Nigeria but yet are quick to accept jobs from these same employers. if you dont like the way these people treat black workers then DONT WORK FOR THEM, but if you do then i suggest you do your job according to the contract you signed, and subsequently STFU! but trying to bring their nationality "now" as if it has any relevance to the case of DISMISSAL and/or ASSAULT is today's biggest joke on NL!

regardless of their nationality the boss is guilty of assault while this employee should be dismissed, end of story!

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by ironkurtain(m): 6:20pm On Feb 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
That's better, wht are u presently doing?
kaziblake:
I quit November,couldn't take it anymore.
Thanks.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by kaziblake(f): 6:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
castroevans:
That's better, wht are u presently doing?
Going back to school,graduated from yabatech but I want to further.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by MurphyInc(m): 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
oglalasioux:
Let's call a spade by it's name; the OP is at fault.

Are you serious ? Think again and retype your comment !

You mean cutting your head is a solution for your headache ?
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by An0nimus: 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
musKeeto:

Jayriginal, if an online forum specially dedicated for legal issues is required, I can offer my services. smiley

Skeetz you a lawyer?
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by XaintJoel20: 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2016
castroevans:
Kidman96 said it all.
In this case It is quite a minor, the slap didn't lead to a cut or damage (didn't read anywhere it led to that) and the charges pressed against him won't really hold water, although u did the right thing. Meanwhile how do people cope with 30k salary and u gat work from monday-saturday... mehnnn thts slavery.
If you wouldn't mind, I can show you graduates that are earning 5thousand naira monthly...
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
An0nimus:

Skeetz you a lawyer?
Na, Network and Sys Admin. I do web development as a hobby.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Tellemall: 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
Muafrika2:

How black are you?

Were they, during your interactions, in a position of authority over you?

I'm as black as they are. smiley

Above, beneath, besides, wherever you find yourself with them I do not find them as terrible as people make them out to be. They explain everything to you the way Nigerians never would, are tons more considerate and ready to share.

Now you just made me eulogize them. There is nothing special about them and there is nothing so terrible in them. They are normal people. Showing them fear is showing them your weakness. There's nothing to fear them for. They don't even understand the concept of begging. They are cruel to themselves, why should they be kind to black people?
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by bigkahuna704(m): 7:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
let's just say duh fvuckin lebo's remains will be posted to his loved ones in an envelope via speed mail

even d naija bosses are no better
my own boss na "o boy, do dis..........o boy, do dat" lyk say na im papa get company
#arabian .c.u.n.t
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Mcbenjamin(m): 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
I hate when people talk nonsense if an important issues is being addressed in the house. It's never right for him to walk up to the MD to request for a day off. You follow the structure chain by reporting to your direct boss in writing who upon approval takes it to the MD for the last approval.
Your on the right track bros if that idiot can be sent to jail for assult I will be happy to hear the news. Our government gave them that privilege to insult and treat us like a salve in our own country.
Please I want your dad to screw his ass in court and if that will lead to folding of the company and them paying a heavy damage....go ahead bro.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by publicenemy(m): 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
sam90s:

You almost sound like my older bro, but I'm wondering what exactly will that accomplish?
He beaten up and you arrested. He the aggressor becoming the victim, "BAAD AIDIA" (in Aderupoko's voice in October 1st)

I will accomplish content and be proud of myself... Even though the security guards eventually beat me up but I will make sure a couple of his tooth are already out of his stinking mouth.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by sam90s(m): 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
publicenemy:

I will accomplish content and be proud of myself... Even though the security guards eventually beat me up but I will make sure a couple of his tooth are already out of his stinking mouth.

One Jay Z earned American blacks more respect and admiration not to mention acceptance, than a dozen 2pacs will ever achieve, FYI I have more of 2pacs song than Jay Z on my playlists though, but I just believe one can't go about punching and slapping when one can make a bigger wins otherwise: imagine this outcome, that's him bragging to his mates in the pub "I put the a@# hole in prison in his own country" that's some nasty content if you ask me, not only did you loose, you put other would be 'revolutionalists' at risk as well.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by sam90s(m): 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
MRBrownJ:

what has that got to do with "doing the RIGHT thing, and abiding by work procedures?" the slave mentality is people like you who want to do something WRONG and are quick to try to blame others as racists etc.

well then, he asked his direct manager and the man refuse to give him the day off, and instead asked him to talk to the MD directly. there were 2 choices here: A) accept that the request for a day off was refused or B) talk to the MD. the foolish OP decided to take the day off while disregarding his manager's request... who does that?! if not a very disrespectful and insubordinate employee.
yet here you all are talking about slavery mentality but the hard fact in this matter is that the OP made a grave error, and should subsequently pay for that. go cry a river all you want, and blame whoever you desire, but WRONG is WRONG

BWAAAAAAAH!!!! who forced you to stay in such miserable jobs?! the reason why such employers dont respect people like you is because YOU dont respect yourself. when someone tells you such nonsense (and obviously treats you like a modern slave) then it is YOUR duty to leave such disrespectful place of work. but the minute you decide to STAY in that job, is the minute YOU would have gladly accepted to become a slave (and i dont give a damn what your "excuse" is)

you either listen to your immediate manager or you dont and go take the matter with his superior, but lets be clear on something...the immediate manager's answer was: NO days off unless the OP asked the MD, how difficult is it for you to understand that?! in what language do you want me to write it for you to understand this very straight forward answer?

he DID, and the OP decided in lowering himself by begging instead of gladly accepting to never work for the people he regards as monsters.

here we see the true slave mentality: whether the man is Lebanese or not, whether he is in his country or not, WRONG is WRONG. do you believe that a Nigerian boss can therefore assault their Nigerian staff? i think not, and therefore bringing this man's nationality to this discussion is a joke!
we can clearly understand that many people on this thread are deluded, and simply against the bosses because he is Lebanese. even if the boss is Nigerian, this employee MUST be dismissed! and even if the boss is Nigerian, they should be guilty of assault!

here you all are talking about this man as if his nationality has ANYTHING to do with the subject of assault?! this is the real slave mentality here, the person who is quick to talk trash and point fingers at Indians/Arabs/Asians employers in Nigeria but yet are quick to accept jobs from these same employers. if you dont like the way these people treat black workers then DONT WORK FOR THEM, but if you do then i suggest you do your job according to the contract you signed, and subsequently STFU! but trying to bring their nationality "now" as if it has any relevance to the case of DISMISSAL and/or ASSAULT is today's biggest joke on NL!

regardless of their nationality the boss is guilty of assault while this employee should be dismissed, end of story!

Dismissed for being assulted?
In your own country, you can't assault a foreigner in London, even if you'll love to, stop thinking like 'that' man, emancipate yourself from mental slavery man.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by MRBrownJ: 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
sam90s:
Dismissed for being assulted?

of course NOT dumbo.... dismissed for not following work procedures and disappearing (aka taking the day off) without consent from his manager/boss.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by ifeomaekol(f): 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
oglalasioux:
Let's call a spade by it's name; the OP is at fault.
so b/c he's @ fault, he shuld be assulted? What right does dt foolish man hv to slap him? If he was so pissed b/c he didn't come to wrk on sat, y dnt gently ask him to go? Pay him off? N if he took permission frm he's direct boss, wat need is dia again to tel d MD? Pls n pls, wat dt foolish man did cn not be justified. For me d op did d right thing------pronto.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by ifeomaekol(f): 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
Op pls keep us posted on d outcome. GOD am soooo angry, I hv heard a lot abt ds strangers n dia maltreatment n I believe d Op did d right thing. Such a useless, foolish baboon. I hope d police attrest him, lock him up for days so dt wen he comes out, he ll respect d country dt is making him rich. Foolish man, useless animal.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
ScofieldBello:
In your statement, you wrote that the brothers had carelessly told you how they maltreated your countrymen in the past, how they care less about the health of other staff and others.....but you made no effort to address it. You weren't bothered because 'it was none of your business' and afterall, the maltreated staff ain't any of your family members!

I tell you what? That is the foundation of our problems! We forget that an injury to one is an injury to all.
Same way we see bosses, police, soldiers et al maltreating our fellow countrymen and turn blind eyes. We need to change our orientations.

Nigeria is ours. Only Nigerians can fight for Nigeria. Let us all stand for what is right.

You ain't really a bad guy...but all the same, I hope you win the case.
I like your spirit, will you be willing to join our Team? We want to build a union of patriotic Nigeria n's of like minds, willing to address the ills in our society.... will you be Willing? If yes, P.M me, let's connect
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED AS IT GOES. I LOVE THIS ONE.
MINISTRY OF LABOUR, IMMIHRATIONS AMD FIRS SHOULD ALSO BE LET IN TO INVESTIGATE THESE USURPERS
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tellemall:

I'm as black as they are. smiley

Above, beneath, besides, wherever you find yourself with them I do not find them as terrible as people make them out to be. They explain everything to you the way Nigerians never would, are tons more considerate and ready to share.

Now you just made me eulogize them. There is nothing special about them and there is nothing so terrible in them. They are normal people. Showing them fear is showing them your weakness. There's nothing to fear them for. They don't even understand the concept of begging. They are cruel to themselves, why should they be kind to black people?
Ok.

It's a cultural thing for them.

For the Indians for example, the most African indians are Gujarat from North East. They are from the lowwest, highly despised caste, in their country. But here they own the big industries and have had the opportunity to make it (that is why they fill local companies with their relatives from back home where they are less priviledged.) It is said that the abused usually becomes the abuser. Am only refering to them as bosses.

And yes, they understand very well the concept of begging and of inequality. Better than Africans. The squalor in india is unmatched. Not even by the poorest African country.

The stories of Arabs I have is their ruthlessness to domestic servants and their female employees. There is a company that fired a female employee here in Africa for getting raped.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by oglalasioux(m): 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
MurphyInc:

Are you serious ? Think again and retype your comment !

You mean cutting your head is a solution for your headhead ?

Before I retype my comment I suggest you reread yours.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by oglalasioux(m): 10:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
ifeomaekol:
so b/c he's @ fault, he shuld be assulted? What right does dt foolish man hv to slap him? If he was so pissed b/c he didn't come to wrk on sat, y dnt gently ask him to go? Pay him off? N if he took permission frm he's direct boss, wat need is dia again to tel d MD? Pls n pls, wat dt foolish man did cn not be justified. For me d op did d right thing------pronto.

Go back and read the original post. Read it slowly this time. You'll find;

1. His direct boss didn't permit him.

2. He started begging the M/D when they met.
3. He unilaterally permitted himself to leave work for a wedding (where in civilization is that done?)
4. He has been seeing a lot of abuse in his workplace but didn't speak up until it happened to him.
5. The OP's action is the reason black Africa cannot develop.
6. You are beclouded by racist sentiments.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by sam90s(m): 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
MRBrownJ:

of course NOT dumbo.... dismissed for not following work procedures and disappearing (aka taking the day off) without consent from his manager/boss.

Genius, so what do you think should happen to the 'master'?
Sounds to me like you've been completely owned smiley
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by iliyande(m): 10:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

3. He unilaterally permitted himself to leave work for a wedding (where in civilization is that done?)
4. He has been seeing a lot of abuse in his workplace but didn't speak up until it happened to him.

Ok thanks for justifying the assault sir.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by ifeomaekol(f): 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

and go through my comment, I neva wrote he wasn't @ fault------bt d MD had no reason nor right watsoeva to slap him(where in civilization is dt done?) There r beta ways he would hv handled d matter. I believe u r d one biased here n I kw u cn be dt crude if given d chance.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Tellemall: 10:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
Muafrika2:

Ok.

It's a cultural thing for them.

For the Indians for example, the most African indians are Gujarat from North East. They are from the lowwest, highly despised caste, in their country. But here they own the big industries and have had the opportunity to make it (that is why they fill local companies with their relatives from back home where they are less priviledged.) It is said that the abused usually becomes the abuser. Am only refering to them as bosses.

And yes, they understand very well the concept of begging and of inequality. Better than Africans. The squalor in india is unmatched. Not even by the poorest African country.

The stories of Arabs I have is their ruthlessness to domestic servants and their female employees. There is a company that fired a female employee here in Africa for getting raped.

Seriously, fired for that?

The swarthy ones who have no status back home only get to feel like gods because of the African mentality , which gives them opportunities they couldn't ever dream of. They've been so demoralized back home that once on African soil and they see people blacker than them, they begin to feel like the upper caste.

Sad part is they don't know jack, most of these cast off Asians. They can't speak English properly. Training them is like whoa.

I simply pity the Nigerians who are educated and settle on poor pay from the Asians. They will never love you. And if you choose to be their doormat, acting timid and in awe of a them, then they will make sure they clean their shoes on you. Like the guy who began this thread, would he work Saturdays if his boss was a Nigerian? But because they are not Black's or Nigerians he decided to sell himself short.

I say they don't get the concept of begging because they are big on honor. There are things they feel cannot be negotiated and they will not negotiate.

But they seem nice. I've written them off, but I still can't completely write them off. smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 24, 2016
Alright that's cool but I must say it is not an easy road especially if ur education is self sponsored. Hope u have a handwork to help u achieve this quest you are about to embark on? Meanwhile, I wish u the best and may God grant you that which your heart desire.
kaziblake:
Going back to school,graduated from yabatech but I want to further.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by ScofieldBello(m): 12:03am On Feb 25, 2016
Yea. Sure.
I am actually a comrade.
I belong to everyone and I belong to nobody! grin
I am a member of Youth Empowerment Development Program - YEDP and Sane minds' Alliance.

PMed you already.
Raymondenyi:
I like your spirit, will you be willing to join our Team? We want to build a union of patriotic Nigeria n's of like minds, willing to address the ills in our society.... will you be Willing? If yes, P.M me, let's connect
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by MRBrownJ: 1:18am On Feb 25, 2016
sam90s:

Genius, so what do you think should happen to the 'master'?
Sounds to me like you've been completely owned smiley

i guess you have a problem reading what i post here, so i will simply copy and paste it for you again:
regardless of their nationality, the boss is guilty of assault while this employee should be dismissed, end of story!
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Fime2000: 6:29am On Feb 25, 2016
yes good of u, all dis people ar very stupid mostly d indias.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by kaziblake(f): 7:07am On Feb 25, 2016
castroevans:
Alright that's cool but I must say it is not an easy road especially if ur education is self sponsored. Hope u have a handwork to help u achieve this quest you are about to embark on? Meanwhile, I wish u the best and may God grant you that which your heart desire.
MY mum will sponsor me.
Amen.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by menxer: 7:38am On Feb 25, 2016
This is a clear case of obedience is better than sacrifice.

If you had obeyed and followed the instructions or advise of the workshop manager, all these wouldn't have happened.

Another point is, having heard about the abuse meted out to others in the past, you subconsciously set up yourself for it by not heeding the workshop manager's advice or getting an official permission.

No matter the outcome of the case in court, it won't erase the emotional dent that slap had on you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / Feeling Used And Dumped! / Pls Wat Should I Do? I've Been Compelled Into A Serious Oath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.