Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (24771 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Christians/muslims - Define "Idol Worship" - By Pagans / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by 49cents(m): 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2009
@babyof
You must be enjoying all the attention you are getting on this thread; i read the other poster's comment before i posted mine. You are really burning out your energy owing to your closed-mindedness to what the real issues are; where you ministering love to those who need it you would bring more Pele to Jesus than now.

People who argue especially without objectivity are seldom doers , remember empty barrels make the loudest noise!
To discover the whole truth you must be ready to let reason lead you.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2009
2bobbyaff

How come God has to choose some few good people frm the RCC when he could have used the other true christians from the churches founded by the apostles.

Because the true bible-believing Christians were suppressed by the catholic church which had state power to defend it.

Remember in the time of Elijah God told him that he has saved another 7000  prophets from worshipping baal.

But the 7000 was small in number to those who worshiped Baal. There are always good people in bad organizations, and in the case when the true church was being suppressed ( see Rev. 12 which depicts God's true church as the woman being persecuted for 1260 years) by Catholic supremacy, God used some of the very Catholics to preserve the writings of the prophets and apostles.

An example can be found when God used Cyrus a heathen Persian king to save His people from Babylonian enslavement.

How come God couldn,t save this number  from the churches founded by the apostles .
He doesn't always work the way we expect Him to, and that is why He is mysterious.  grin

Can you prove from the gospel of mattew that it was mattew who wrote that gospel

My job is to believe not to prove who wrote or who didn't write.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 7:41pm On Jul 14, 2009
@babyof
You must be enjoying all the attention you are getting on this thread; i read the other poster's comment before i posted mine. You are really burning out your energy owing to your closed-mindedness to what the real issues are; where you ministering love to those who need it you would bring more Pele to Jesus than now.

People who argue especially without objectivity are seldom doers , remember empty barrels make the loudest noise!
To discover the whole truth you must be ready to let reason lead you.

This is just one of my many ways to witness. In other settings it is done differently in which I do not need to debate as such. I just simply give bible studies, or run evangelistic meetings preparing souls for the kingdom.

Don't limit limit my ministry to just forum debates.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 14, 2009
Since your job is beleving why don't you beleive the koran.

and also could you please prove from the bible how the RCC was able to overcome the church founded by the apostles contrary to the statement of Jesus that the gates of hell shall never prevail against it.

why don't you ask 49 cents if he observes the sabath,since he will still be doomed if he dosen't even if he is not part of the RCC
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by 49cents(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2009
@BOBBYAF
i recommend you read ROME SWEET HOME by Scott and Kimberly Hahn ex-evangelicals. I can send you a copy if you want, it is a quick read thats bound to expand your knowledge base
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by No2Atheism(m): 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
bobbyaf u are going to allow them to gradually derail this thread if u continue to entertain their unrelated statements.

The topic has to do with idol worship of the catholic church nothing more nothing less, if they are want to discuss another topic they should open a thread for that.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by anselmvictor(m): 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
Brethrens, It's high time we all stopped arguing what can not b fully comprehended to our human nature, God loves us all nd his only son Jesus Christ died 4 us all too (Mary's apparitional msg @ Medjourje). We cn't do more than "Love and respect ourselves nd our Faith". Pls Brethren, it hurts to see us all countaracting our 'faith nd beliefs' it isn't 'Christian', If u are CATHOLIC, 'praiz God 4 dat' nd remain in ur Faith if u're PROTESTANT do same nd dn't counteract other faith. Jesus said to his disciples "if u're nt for me u're against me" so if u ain't against God u are fr him then. Ask for the Holy spirit, God's grace nd Wisdom. SHALOM
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Mitchelin(m): 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2009
I've been following this thread,I didn't want to comment but let me just say something, @chukwudi,I understand your plight, you can't just up and leave somethign you were born into, it's part of you. But I say this from a neutral standpoint and that of an academic and scholar, history leds ample an when I say ample I mean ample evidence of the disgraceful,shameful and unbiblical conduct of the Roman Catholic Institution and the Papacy.
Funny enough,these evidence are not secret, but you know what the Roman Catholic Institution has gone too far, you guys that are berating her better pray real hard cos I think you guys have lost the battl already.
No one should come asking me to furnish links to such evidence, the roman catholic catechism is evidence enough.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by SCYLLA: 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
Mitchelin:

I've been following this thread,I didn't want to comment but let me just say something, @chukwudi,I understand your plight, you can't just up and leave somethign you were born into, it's part of you. But I say this from a neutral standpoint and that of an academic and scholar, history leds ample an when I say ample I mean ample evidence of the disgraceful,shameful and unbiblical conduct of the Roman Catholic Institution and the Papacy.
Funny enough,these evidence are not secret, but you know what the Roman Catholic Institution has gone too far, you guys that are berating her better pray real hard cos I think you guys have lost the battl already.
No one should come asking me to furnish links to such evidence, the roman catholic catechism is evidence enough.
Is there any religious sect that has not carried out and is still carrying out disgraceful and shameful acts? i think the christianity is a business thread is for you!
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Mitchelin(m): 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
Like I said I'm not going to be drawn into any debate on the issue, each man to his own, the wealth of info and research I have on the topic is too staggering to even begin to go into, you think bobbyaf has info, wait til you see,and read real info. But that's for another day if ever, I believe you guys got a worthy opponent in the person of bobbyaf.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by SCYLLA: 11:28pm On Jul 14, 2009
We guys?
Simple question -Is there any religious sect that has not carried out and is still carrying out disgraceful and shameful acts?
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Krayola(m): 11:40pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ Bobbyaf. .Which church is the "true" church?  And what type of "Kingdom" are you  preparing people for?
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by bindex(m): 1:37am On Jul 15, 2009
Imagine, Bobbyaf a seven day adventist berating catholics  grin grin
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 4:51am On Jul 15, 2009
Imagine, Bobbyaf a seven day adventist berating catholics

To the contrary I am not. There are good decent members in the organization, but Christians have a duty to let them know what is at stake. God is going to pour 7 plauges on all those who recieve the mark of the beast just before Jesus returns.

Revelation 16:

verse 2, 1st plague = grievous sores break out

verse 3, 2nd plague = sea becomes blood

verse 4, 3rd plague = rivers and water systems become blood

verse 8, 4th plague = sun scorches men with fire

verse 10, 5th plague = darkness falls on the beast's kingdom ( in this case the Vatican)

verse 12, 6th plague = symbolic Euphrates dries up

verses 18-21, 7th plague = massive earthquake that destroys the nations' cities; universal hails 50 lbs each in weight

This is why we must warn the world before probation closes.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by maedan(f): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2009
Sorry to say, but Bobyaf reminds me of the Pharisees in the Bible, who were supposed to draw the flock to God, but instead made it difficult. You act like you know the Word back to front, but actually, you only see what you choose to see. The basic teaching of the Bible, of Jesus Christ Himself, was love. Stop trying to pluck out the speck in someone else's eye. And don't you dare ever say, you don't know which kind of bible I'm reading. Who do you think you are?
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Krayola(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2009
maedan:

Sorry to say, but Bobyaf reminds me of the Pharisees in the Bible, who were supposed to draw the flock to God, but instead made it difficult. You act like you know the Word back to front, but actually, you only see what you choose to see. The basic teaching of the Bible, of Jesus Christ Himself, was love. Stop trying to pluck out the speck in someone else's eye. And don't you dare ever say, you don't know which kind of bible I'm reading. Who do you think you are?

GBAM!! It is so simple.

Feed the hungry, care for the sick, love others like u love urself etc . . . That is what it's all about. A toilet worshiper that does these things is more Jesus-like than most people that come here to quote scripture.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ Maedan

You're so wrong its not even funny. grin

Do you think that God is lopsided like you in your thinking? Were you aware that although God is love that will not stop Him from casting those who follow Satan straight into the fires of hell? He is love but don't forget that He is a God of justice as well.

Do you think I come here with a boastful knowledge? Far from it. I am here with a warning message, and that is for you to find out all you can about the beast, and to stay the hell away from its teachings, and practices. If you don't you will receive the wrath of God that will not be partial. The bible says it, and I believe it, and that settles it for me.

So don't you begin to see me in the wrong light. Don't come in my thread and attempt to distract from this message.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2009
GBAM!! It is so simple.

Feed the hungry, care for the sick, love others like u love urself etc . . . That is what it's all about. A toilet worshiper that does these things is more Jesus-like than most people that come here to quote scripture.

Let me ask you a simple question. What do you think about the photos I posted? Do you think that the God you claim to serve is content with the practices and teachings within the Roman Catholic Church? Do you think that such persons are deserving of the truth of Jesus Christ? Are you aware of what Jesus said about the truth?

Jesus said in John 8:32, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

If you desire freedom you dare not close your eyes to truth, and pretend that all is "lovy dovy" with God.

Jesus once said "eyes they have but cannot see, "
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2009
Quotes from Catholics

"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh." Catholic National July 1895.

"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty" , Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20, 1894,

"For thou art the shepherd, thou art the physician, thou art the director, thou art the husbandman, finally thou art another God on earth." Labbe and Cossart's "History of the Councils." Vol. XIV, col. 109

With that said is it now surprising to see these,

1. Catholics agree bowing before Jesus or kissing His feet = worship in Scripture. However, Catholics disagree doing the exact same thing to the Pope is worship. To top it off they are kissing his ring, or feet.

[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Osx8HDVg7_ydTM:http://ivarfjeld.files./2009/06/esp_vatican_pope_chavez_sff_ful1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:y36c116HwjTKGM:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/kiss-foot.jpg[/img]

Kissing the pope's feet.

Pope himself bowing before an image,

Faithful Catholics bow before sculpture of pope - open idolatry.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by maedan(f): 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2009
Don't come in YOUR thread? Lol. Bobbyaf, pls feel free to eat your thread. I'll gladly dust off my feet and go my own way cos I'm not gaining anything from your so-called thread. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I wish you the best on YOUR thread.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Krayola(m): 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
Bobbyaf:

Let me ask you a simple question. What do you think about the photos I posted? Do you think that the God you claim to serve is content with the practices and teachings within the Roman Catholic Church? Do you think that such persons are deserving of the truth of Jesus Christ? Are you aware of what Jesus said about the truth?

Jesus said in John 8:32, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

If you desire freedom you dare not close your eyes to truth, and pretend that all is "lovy dovy" with God.

Jesus once said "eyes they have but cannot see, "
How is bowing to an idol different from not bowing to an idol?  It doesn't matter who or what u bow to. . . . Love ur neighbor as u do urself and God can't be mad at u. It's that simple. . .
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 4:34am On Jul 16, 2009
Don't come in YOUR thread? Lol. Bobbyaf, pls feel free to eat your thread. I'll gladly dust off my feet and go my own way cos I'm not gaining anything from your so-called thread. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I wish you the best on YOUR thread.

Go in peace! grin
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 4:36am On Jul 16, 2009
How is bowing to an idol different from not bowing to an idol?  It doesn't matter who or what u bow to. . . . Love ur neighbor as u do urself and God can't be mad at u. It's that simple. . .

So how do you explain his command not to bow to graven images? So are you saying that God made a mistake when He gave such a command? You sound as if you know more than God!!!
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by skydancer: 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2009
I find it surprising that you are here making noise about idol worshiping in the catholic church. There is no church that they do not do wrong things. What matters most is the true doctrine of the church. In the catholic doctrine, worshiping images is not allowed. People are to bow slightly to images as a sign of respect. This is simply because it's 'roman' catholic. They bow slightly to their leaders or those in authority as a sign of respect. Therefore catholics verenate, not worship. Apart from that if you are a yoruba person you must have seen people even falling down, kissing the feet and so on and so forth. You are not a judge neither are you in the mind of the doer. The immaculate mother deserves respect not only because she is the mother of God, but because she fights against the devil, "The woman shall crush the head of the serpent.", another one says"And the dragon chased her to devour her, but God gave her wings". Now it's my turn. Let me ask you something. Tell me about the doctrine of your church and I will tell you ten stupid things your doctrine has. If you can give a valid defense. You win.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Krayola(m): 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2009
Bobbyaf:

So how do you explain his command not to bow to graven images? So are you saying that God made a mistake when He gave such a command? You sound as if you know more than God!!!

Is the Old Testament only valid when Christians agree with it?

God said a lot of things in the Old Testament that are kinda crazy . . . How do you know which ones to go with?

What Jesus was interested in was building a society with equal/egalitarian commensality. Free of discrimination and hierarchy. . .where people were not marginalized for being women, or having eczema etc. He touched lepers (a big deal in his time. . If u had psoriasis, u were dead as far as society was concerned.  .for a charismatic person like Jesus to physically touch you "healed" you from ur ostracization) and ate on the same table with beggars, and people that society frowned on. That was what Jesus was about. His beef was with the Jewish authorities and the way the Jewish code allowed for this type of inhumane treatment of their fellow Jews, especially under foreign occupation. Jesus wasn't interested in such superficial shit as who and what u bowed ur head to, he was interested in creating a more just society in which love was the guiding principle.

When u come here and attack people for stuff that really isn't important. . . puttin all Catholics in a box and accuse them of being everything wrong with Christianity, u make a mockery of everything Jesus was about.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by ogajim(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2009
On this first look, this looks like a pre K level thread at best but then again, there is some "sense" in nonsense.

One has to thread carefully when it comes to God and never forget to ask for his wisdom in our various walks. Concentrating solely on the Catholic Church ( which by the way did more to educate and provide medical care than these new pentecostal pimps) is PLAIN WRONG. If you do your homework properly, you will see the other "churches" practice one form or another of what you're accusing them of. "The eye is the light of the body, ", "he who have ears, let him hear"

As for me, I have a heavenly father and a temporal(biological) father and I am not required to bow to either one, our father in heaven only require us to keep our souls (heart) clean for him and not sell it for earthly gains. "Choose you this day whom you will server, " don't be fooled, all these "designs" have meanings to those in the know.

God help us all.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Jairzinho(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2009
maedan:

@ No2Atheism, thanks for the heads up, but I have a good relationship with my bible. I just don't trawl through it looking for ways to justify condemning how others choose to serve God. There are fanatics in every religion, and it's the same for Catholics where some go a little too far and make it look like paganism. What ever, I just feel we should focus on our own personal relationship with God because in the end, that's all that matters.
WORD !!!
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Lady2(f): 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2009
I just have this to say to everyone that has posted here, including myself.

Learn to ignore people not worthy of any attention. This forum is for adults unfortunately those with adolescent minds have shown themselves here.

There is a saying:

Never wrestle with a pig, you will only get dirty and the pig will only like it.

Ignorance certainly is the best answer for a fool.

Apparently Bobbyaf has shown that he doesn't know what reason is.

God Bless.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by skydancer: 12:09am On Jul 17, 2009
Lady, it's not so nice to write with such temper. We're all christians. Remember proverbs 26:5 says Do not talk to a fool lest he thinks you be like him, yet verse 6 tells you to talk to a fool lest he thinks he's wise. We must act according to wits. This sabbath people all think this way, so It's your job to show them love by answering their questions and revealing to them their wrongs. That's why I told him to tell me about their doctrine so that I pin point their fallacies on-the-fly.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 2:55am On Jul 17, 2009
@ Krayola

Is the Old Testament only valid when Christians agree with it?

Not as far as I am aware. I for one don't make that much of a distinction between the Old and the New Testament. St. Paul said "all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine and reproof". Were you aware of this passage?

God said a lot of things in the Old Testament that are kinda crazy . . . How do you know which ones to go with?

Its crazy because you have no clue as to what is going on. Don't blame God for your failure to know the word.

What Jesus was interested in was building a society with equal/egalitarian commensality. Free of discrimination and hierarchy. . .where people were not marginalized for being women, or having eczema etc. He touched lepers (a big deal in his time. . If u had psoriasis, u were dead as far as society was concerned. .for a charismatic person like Jesus to physically touch you "healed" you from ur ostracization) and ate on the same table with beggars, and people that society frowned on. That was what Jesus was about. His beef was with the Jewish authorities and the way the Jewish code allowed for this type of inhumane treatment of their fellow Jews, especially under foreign occupation. Jesus wasn't interested in such superficial shit as who and what u bowed ur head to, he was interested in creating a more just society in which love was the guiding principle.

This is not what the thread was designed to discuss.

When u come here and attack people for stuff that really isn't important. . . puttin all Catholics in a box and accuse them of being everything wrong with Christianity, u make a mockery of everything Jesus was about.

I am not attacking Catholics. I am showing how their leaders are brazenly leading their members into idolatry. If you were a committed Christian you'd have gotten the gist of this thread.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 2:57am On Jul 17, 2009
Lady, it's not so nice to write with such temper. We're all christians. Remember proverbs 26:5 says Do not talk to a fool lest he thinks you be like him, yet verse 6 tells you to talk to a fool lest he thinks he's wise. We must act according to wits. This sabbath people all think this way, so It's your job to show them love by answering their questions and revealing to them their wrongs. That's why I told him to tell me about their doctrine so that I pin point their fallacies on-the-fly.

No doubt you're Catholic. I am not surprised you'd want to defend blatant paganism even when it stares you in the face.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 3:05am On Jul 17, 2009
I find it surprising that you are here making noise about idol worshiping in the catholic church. There is no church that they do not do wrong things. What matters most is the true doctrine of the church. In the catholic doctrine, worshiping images is not allowed. People are to bow slightly to images as a sign of respect. This is simply because it's 'roman' catholic. They bow slightly to their leaders or those in authority as a sign of respect. Therefore catholics verenate, not worship. Apart from that if you are a yoruba person you must have seen people even falling down, kissing the feet and so on and so forth. You are not a judge neither are you in the mind of the doer. The immaculate mother deserves respect not only because she is the mother of God, but because she fights against the devil, "The woman shall crush the head of the serpent.", another one says"And the dragon chased her to devour her, but God gave her wings". Now it's my turn. Let me ask you something. Tell me about the doctrine of your church and I will tell you ten stupid things your doctrine has. If you can give a valid defense. You win.

I am not here to win. God is the winner when truth is revealed and accepted. Jesus said, "If you love me keep my commandments", John 14:15

You cannot have it both ways. You cannot freely disobey God's instructions, and at the same time claim to have a relationship with Him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Told You That You Were Naked? / Help! My Pastor Hates Me! / Leke Adeboye: I Listen To Fela’s Music A Lot - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.