Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer (24622 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Steps Out With D'banj For Adewale Aladejana's Birthday / Hairstylist Calls Out Bobrisky For Not Paying For Her Services In US / I Have Been Paid Fully For Emergency Beat Production – P Loops Denies Saying He (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by frisky2good(m): 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
So he released the beat in high quality format that is good enough to make a master? Why do that when there's no agreement?
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by lakes99: 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
watch......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6rLEr9ZOLY
he said he has neva met him buh he acknowledged with empasis "p-loop" said d'banj

d guys sweat shud b paid for n not just mere name calling...."OWO NI KOKO"
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by OSaheed: 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
No mind the guy
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by ogunleye557(m): 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
snthesis:

y, there is no contractual relationship between Dbanj and P-loops. The Producer should be talking to Olu maintain, wetin concern dbanj for this matter
how does this issue end the feud btw naira and dollar....endtime musicians
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
ChappyChase:
Oga titus, are you that broke?
*modified*
So am FTC a day before my birthday!!!!!!
Oga suen abeg send me your email address so I fit send my account number asap!
angry this guy can feed your whole generations, is not d'banj fault, olu maintain was the one that send d'banj the beat, p'loops should go and hold olu maintain and not d'banj, d'banj must have thought olu maintain have paid for the beat, in court now d'banj have no business with p'loops
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Sarhyd(m): 12:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
Maybe Olu maintain is the one who has received the pay which the guy is meant to receive. .who knows

1 Like

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by allybaby(f): 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
cry cry
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by nightmile: 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
A Slowpoke can believe anything...
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by ObaKlaz: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
ChappyChase:
Did I tell you am wealthy?
Pele o!
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by ayaoba1997(f): 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
keepingmum:
this guy has no case. This should be an issue between him and Olu Maintain because thats who he had the transaction with. Its probably likely Dbanj's team has settled Olu Maintain for bringing them a track.

Often times in the industry, music gets passed from A - B and vice versa......bottomline is Mr producer did a song and sold it or borrowed it to Olu maintain NOT Dbanj.

This is just a clear case of Mudslidding and maligning ones image which is tantamount to libel and slander

Are u a communicator? cool wink
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by misgab: 1:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
Dbanj be jeun epe sora. meaning eat cursed food and he is still fat
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by sleeknick: 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
PLOOPS IS MY VERY GOOD FRIEND. I WAS ALSO SUPRISED WHEN D SONG CAME OUT AND HE WASNT ACKNOWLEGED. I REMEMBER HOW EXCITED HE WAS WHEN HE DID THAT BEAT. AT A POINT I WAS BEGINNING TO THINK IT WAS A LIE TILL I SAW THIS POST. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME TOP ARTISTE ARE RIPPING OFF MY NIGGA. HE HAS BEEN BEHIND MANY DOPE BEATS FOR SOME TIME NOW AND HIS EFFORTS HAVE BEEN NEGLECTED. I PRAY THIS TURNS OUT GOOD FOR YOU MAN. THIS IS SLEEKNICK INCASE U SEE THIS POST. HOLLA

1 Like

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by charlesucheh(m): 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
HABA!!! D'banj! So it has come to this abi? Stealing peoples beat.... Ok! If you didn't why didn't you call any producers name on the song?
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by repogirl(f): 1:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
Dbanj, Onye ohi! angry

P-loops, start copyrighting your work before you even let people listen to it.
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by DedeNkem: 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
The guy should hold Olu maintain responsible as he clained to have given to him.

Olu must have told D'banj he acquired it. In other words, he bought the beat from the poor guy. So D'banj probably settled Olu.
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Zellie: 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
khristals:
the music industry is full of sh!t grin

that was how i wrote a major song that year, sent a voicenote to a record label i was looking forward to getting signed with

and the next thing i knew i was listening to my song on radio cry

the artiste wey dem give the song no even sing am well angry

can i also create a thread for my story

Femi? Louis ?
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hold Olu maintain responsible not Dbanj
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by shammah1(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
I'm already on it. Unfortunately, if you're not a known producer in Nigeria, they won't accept any legal agreement with you. I didn't start like that because Ice Prince brought me to Lagos and we also grew up together (family friend)
4C2215131:

Why don't you guys make this thing legal! Strictly business for chrissakes!

These artiste are making money off your sweat! Get a company together, get an entertainment lawyer and make everything strictly business. Forget bros or padi padi business!

Earlier in the millenium, producers like DJ Premier were charging upwards of 30k dolls for beats, Timbaland was doing 80-100k, ditto Neptunes. Dre was topping it all with about 200kand above. Make a living from your gift and sweat! Get yourself organised!
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by dullassini(m): 3:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
I don't comment a lot but this one interest me. I believe we're learned people here and should be able to spot the main issue here, which is : D'banj got d beat from olu maintain not d guy why pointing accusing fingers. Seun u need to sanitize dis forum o.
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
Let's all please reason very well before the comments.

1. P loops said he gave the beat to Olu maintain. Olu maintain gave it to Dbanj. So who stole your beat? Nobody. If you're to question anyone, it should be Olu Maintain

2. In the video, Dbanj said he didn't know the guy but said it was produced by P loops. He explained how he even got the beat that Olu maintain brought it to him. From the video, it showed that Dbanj doesn't even know what transpired between Olu and Ploops. All he knew was, Ploops produced the beat, Olu maintain gave him the beat.

3. If you think he's broke, Indomix mastered the beat and unlimited la shot the video.

P loops, ask Olu maintain not Dbanj.
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by gfullmoon(m): 3:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
P-Loop should mellow down. The Song title na emergency abi? This mean say D"Banj just did this one sharp sharp. The one that will contain his real Beat will be titled "Settled" why dis guy dey worry himself?
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
Very nice song. If the story is true then this p-loops is a dull boy.
Back in the day I always adviced my producer friends to bastardize their money-making beats with vocal signatures - too many hungry and even established artists are quick to steal a beat these days; your signature scattered like a heartbeat ensures the beat is listenable yet unusable. See better money don dodge this guy hand because he never wise.

I thought to myself when listening to this song 'if Dbanj can make a track this good without Don Jazzy's help, why still chase him for a reunion track? This type of song is what Nigerians and even white people would enjoy on their first listen.'.

1 Like

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by mandhip: 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
The story is false the guy just confirm it on Twitter. Abt him chasing jazzy I don't think is for reunion is just to show that he's cool with jazzy bt trust Naija ppl is interpreted as him chasing him.
charix:
Back in the day I always adviced my producer friends to bastardize their money-making beats with vocal signatures - too many hungry and even established artists are quick to steal a beat these days; your signature scattered like a heartbeat ensures the beat is listenable yet unusable. See better money don dodge this guy hand because he never wise.

I thought to myself when listening to this song 'if Dbanj can make a track this good without Don Jazzy's help, why still chase him for a reunion track? This type of song is what Nigerians and even white people would enjoy on their first listen.'.

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by aprilaries(m): 12:36am On Feb 25, 2016
If my memory serves me right! Dbanj performed this song in Abuja at the Glo CAF Award(won by Abemeyang), hw come he just heard on radio. According to Ploop - he had a direct contact with Olu maintain not Dbanj
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:48am On Feb 25, 2016
charix:

He had a vocal signature on it and he gave the beat to Olu Maintain. Whoever worked on the beat, took out P-Loop's vocal signature because he gave them the data file. It is as simple as select and cut to remove the vocal signature. Or just clicking the vocal file and deleting it.

D'Banj never met the guy but knows it is his beat because he heard the beat with the vocal signature.

D'Banj should settle the guy because the credits go a long way in marketing the artist. D'Banj acknowledging it is P-Loop's beat is good but he should settle the guy.
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:11am On Feb 25, 2016
aprilaries:
If my memory serves me right! Dbanj performed this song in Abuja at the Glo CAF Award(won by Abemeyang), hw come he just heard on radio. According to Ploop - he had a direct contact with Olu maintain not Dbanj

Hence D'Banj said P-Loop produced the track. The question is, why did D'Banj record and promote a song with a beat produced by someone without giving the person credit. Yes, Olu Maintain brought the beat but D'Banj heard P-Loop's signature on it.

That is theft. There is no other way about it. D'Banj should settle the guy.
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Nobody: 2:35am On Feb 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

He had a vocal signature on it and he gave the beat to Olu Maintain. Whoever worked on the beat, took out P-Loop's vocal signature because he gave them the data file. It is as simple as select and cut to remove the vocal signature. Or just clicking the vocal file and deleting it.

D'Banj never met the guy but knows it is his beat because he heard the beat with the vocal signature.

D'Banj should settle the guy because the credits go a long way in marketing the artist. D'Banj acknowledging it is P-Loop's beat is good but he should settle the guy.
According to the other poster who responded, the issue is already resolved.
The vocal signature can get removed if it was inserted once or twice in the beat. What I meant in my first comment was he(P-loops) should've added his signature for every three seconds of play - that way the only means to use the beat is either call up the original producer or look for someone who can create a replica.
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 2:39am On Feb 25, 2016
F

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Dirkcoyt: 2:40am On Feb 25, 2016
shammah1:
Bro, you're wrong. I'm also in the industry and I'm Ice Prince Producer. I currently have cases with Ice Prince, DJ Exclusive, Ikechukwu and other artists I produced without any compensation or payment. Most of these artists are heartless. My lawyer is on their cases. If you doubt me check my signature

Rozay, Henessy, me i nor dey see my enemies Rozay, ai, Ice Prince Zamani Sammy Gyan, heyy Wanchan guy Whiskey, whiskey, whiskey whiskey carry me go, ai ai ai ai Whiskey, whiskey, whiskey whiskey carry me go, ai ai ai ai Whiskey, whiskey, whiskey whiskey carry me go, ai ai ai ai Whiskey, whiskey, whiskey whiskey carry me go, ai ai ai ai All sing Story story, we gat to give God glory

1 Like

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by pablus: 4:30am On Feb 25, 2016
abeg give credit to the chap if he produced it

1 Like

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by dom(m): 4:45am On Feb 25, 2016
keepingmum:
this guy has no case. This should be an issue between him and Olu Maintain because thats who he had the transaction with. Its probably likely Dbanj's team has settled Olu Maintain for bringing them a track.

Often times in the industry, music gets passed from A - B and vice versa......bottomline is Mr producer did a song and sold it or borrowed it to Olu maintain NOT Dbanj.

This is just a clear case of Mudslidding and maligning ones image which is tantamount to libel and slander

You obviously know nothing about law of intellectual property.

1 Like

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
charix:

According to the other poster who responded, the issue is already resolved.
The vocal signature can get removed if it was inserted once or twice in the beat. What I meant in my first comment was he(P-loops) should've added his signature for every three seconds of play - that way the only means to use the beat is either call up the original producer or look for someone who can create a replica.

What I am saying is that, as long as the producer gives the data file, even if it is a recorded track, someone can easily delete it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fan Advises Runtown & Davido On Baby Mamas & HIV, Runtown Shuts Him Up / Sunny Neji & Wife Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary / Olakunle Churchill Arrests Online Saboteur After 100$ Assistance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.