Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

$2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court (839 Views)

You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate / Dariye Diverted N1.126bn, Gave Atiku’s Firm N100m – Witness / $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by Emmatdayo(m): 11:07am On Feb 24, 2016
Trial of the former National Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Dr. Haliru Bello, continued yesterday, with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, exposing how the defendant allegedly diverted public funds into a company he bequeathed to his son, Abba. The anti-graft agency which is prosecuting the former PDP boss and his son before a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, said the defendants siphoned the funds with the help of the erstwhile National Security Adviser, NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd), and a former Minister of Finance (State), Bashir Yuguda. Haliru Muhammed Bello Haliru Muhammed Bellod Whereas Dasuki was said to have approved the transfer of N300 million from an account the Office of the NSA, ONSA, operated with the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, into the account of Abba’s company, Bam Projects and Properties Limited, 11 days to the 2015 presidential election, Yuguda, on the other hand, allegedly authorised the release of over N1.5 billion to a Bureau de Change operator identified as Ja’mal Halal. Both Dasuki and Yuguda are currently facing a separate charge before an Abuja High Court over their alleged involvement in the illegal diversion of N13.6 billion from public coffers. At the resumed trial of Bello and his son yesterday, an investigative officer with the EFCC, Mrs. Rouqayya Ibrahim, told the court that the CBN, on March 4, 2015, transferred N30 billion into ONSA’s account. She said the payment was made from the statutory stabilization and residual account on the instruction of the then Accountant General of the Federation, AGF, adding that out of the sum, Bam Project and Properties Limited, got N300 million under the guise that it was payment for the construction of “safe houses”. The witness, who was led in evidence by EFCC lawyer, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs, SAN, said: “From the statement of ONSA account, N30 billion was paid on March 11, 2015, by the AGF to the ONSA and on March 17, N300 million was paid out of the N30 billion to ONSA account. “When we requested for the details of the transaction, it was revealed that Bam Project and Properties Limited, received N300 million from ONSA. The analysis of Bam Projects’ Sterling Bank account revealed that the account received a total of N300 million in two tranches of 150 million each on February 27, 2015.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/2-1bn-arms-probe-how-bello-yuguda-diverted-n1-5bn-efcc-tells-court/
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by ChappyChase: 11:08am On Feb 24, 2016
Am gradually loosing interest in this story!
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by mynd1(f): 11:14am On Feb 24, 2016
Good.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by Emmatdayo(m): 11:19am On Feb 24, 2016
ChappyChase:
Am gradually loosing interest in this story!
y?
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by ChappyChase: 11:23am On Feb 24, 2016
Emmatdayo:
y?
Caues it getting too long and boring!
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by Emmatdayo(m): 11:26am On Feb 24, 2016
ChappyChase:

Caues it getting too long and boring!
u lazy o,how then do u manage to read in skull
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by dgr8truth(m): 11:27am On Feb 24, 2016
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by ChappyChase: 11:49am On Feb 24, 2016
Emmatdayo:
u lazy o,how then do u manage to read in skull
Its obvious you didn't get my drift...
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by Emmatdayo(m): 11:58am On Feb 24, 2016
ChappyChase:

Its obvious you didn't get my drift...
maybe i didnt
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by Raphael81(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2016
this story will have a happy ending
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by ChappyChase: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
Emmatdayo:
maybe i didnt
I said am tired of following the #DasukiGate saga..
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by Achuwa1(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
Efcc,pmb,apc,,,we are tired of ur corruption stories over the media with little or notn to show in reality,,
. Can u ppl stop distracting us with this stories cox i just bought a satchet of pure water for #20 instead of #5..
pmb should put the economy in order & stop using efcc to do us boji boji coz efcc stories are becoming boring to the core...
Efcc should publish to Nigerians the total amount of loots they've recoverrd so far & the coresponding looter to each amount..
y
untill efcc does tht b4 we will take them serious
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by Nijagobeta: 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
This 2.1 billion dollars no dey finish?
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by Flexherbal(m): 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
They should brief us on the money they have received so far.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by Emmatdayo(m): 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
ChappyChase:

ok nw i get it
Re: $2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court by Emmatdayo(m): 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
ChappyChase:

kk

(1) (Reply)

See The Sadden Condition Corpers Are Trained In Arochukwu LGA In Abia State . / Vote Your Nigerian Ethnic Group. / Amaechi Spits Fire Over Saturday’s Rivers Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.