Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland - Programming (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland (65203 Views)

The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) / Seunthomas - The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland / The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

Not really. I just paid him back in his own coin. We are talking like matured people but if he wants to get dirty i got some of that stuff too. I am streets too na.

I insulted you and you drag my parents into it and call that paying back in my coin? You streets? No you are one ajebutter. If I show you the streets you will pee in your pants
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

I insulted you and you drag my parents into it and call that paying back in my coin? You streets? No you are one ajebutter. If I show you the streets you will pee in your pants
waiting........
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

waiting........

Answer my challenge. That's all I want
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
What? 14 pages and still running. . .
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 12:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Force me na terrorist.....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 12:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

You want me to massage your wounded ego??
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

Just concede defeat for the challenge and move on. . . .since you cannot out-talk youself from the challenge.

*Just a friendly advice*
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
donjayzi:
What? 14 pages and still running. . .

The guy never chi chum chin ẹ say e wan chop chinchin.

I gave him a challenge and he has just dodgedin has typical self. I'm sure people that got their PhD in Programming since 1998 can't be bothered to answer questions like:

A procedure "CallBack" is recursive for *some* inputs. If this procedure is guaranteed to terminate, then which of the following is not true.

a) CallBack has a local variable
b) CallBack has an path of execution where it is not recursive (doesn't call itself)
C) CallBack refers to a global variable or has one or more parameters

SEUNTHOMAS! If were carried in the womb for 9 months come and answer this question. Failure to answer confirms that you were born premature. Last call. After this NEVER ever challenge me in your life or in the after life
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

No. I want you to concede that you do not know the answer.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

No. I want you to concede that you do not know the answer.
He will never do that:

Here is a good way to describe the OP:

DIM x AS INTEGER

FOR x = 1 TO 14
PRINT "I just dey run my mouth ",x
NEXT x
Tobaya, he will say that this code will never run. . .
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 12:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

The guy never chi chum chin ẹ say e wan chop chinchin.

I gave him a challenge and he has just dodgedin has typical self. I'm sure people that got their PhD in Programming since 1998 can't be bothered to answer questions like:

A procedure "CallBack" is recursive for *some* inputs. If this procedure is guaranteed to terminate, then which of the following is not true.

a) CallBack has a local variable
b) CallBack has an path of execution where it is not recursive (doesn't call itself)
C) CallBack refers to a global variable or has one or more parameters

SEUNTHOMAS! If were carried in the womb for 9 months come and answer this question. Failure to answer confirms that you were born premature. Last call. After this NEVER ever challenge me in your life or in the after life
see u ohhh. give me ultimatum, why do u have such a premature mind? you want to be both judge and jury. i have proven myself already dont need to any further. and i know for sure u were born premature.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

Range cant be generic. Although you can find lower order prime numbers, computing high order prime numbers in the million,billion range requires a lot of computing power. So narrow down your range bros.

Bros, by generic, I mean u create a function that accepts any given range as parameters.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
^^^You overestimate the OP, his compiler is his mouth. . . .

I can also describe the OP is another language yet again:

For count = 1 to 14
msgbox("I just dey run my mouth " & count)
Next
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
donjayzi:

He will never do that:

Here is a good way to describe the OP:

Tobaya, he will say that this code will never run. . .

That your BASIC code will NEVER run. Never ever ever. SEUNTHOMAS can confirm this for me
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
@op, i am sorry that i am re-writing you in so many languages. . .
I have written you in JAVA, JAVASCRIPT, VBScript, even QBASIC

This is how you look like in NODE.JS:
for(i=1;i<=14;i++) {
console.log('I just dey run my mouth '+i);
}
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

see u ohhh. give me ultimatum, why do u have such a premature mind? you want to be both judge and jury. i have proven myself already dont need to any further. and i know for sure u were born premature.

If you have proven yourself why did you ask if I wanted to challenge you? If I wanted you to create a new thread for me and you to battle? Why have you failed to battle me after I agreed to engage you in a duel? I am not a developer and you can't battle me? I am Mr Warehouse and you Professor of Programming since 1998 cannot battle an ordinary warehouse guy? Or wasn't the question I gave you a programming question? Okay let me have your own challenge knowing full well that you couldn't solve mine
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
And again, will yet rewrite you in php:

<?php
for($i=1;$i<=14;$i++) {
echo("I just dey run my mouth $i <br/>"wink;
}
?>
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
Mehnn....this is a lovely thread. But guys @dhtml18 , @seunthomas , @airsaylongcon ...you guys are major code icons and obviously y'all pack some powerful punches in your various areas of computer programming and science.

Please, guys dont turn this to a fight ABEG! lets all just av some fun while facing our daily endeavours...write some short codes, and all just round it up on an educating and mature note. Pls....let love and tolerance reign.

Thanks bossessz,

BTW there is an open question on the floor

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 12:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
Donjayzi is enough ó! U will kill somebody. It aff do. Ẹ don do. Ó ti tó. If seunthomas cannot answer my simple question how can he battle you.

You just remind me of that NAS song ETHER. You've ethhered him. Smack down, Tombstone with full body suplex and closeline. If you add John Cena's FU you will be charged for murder and I will be accused as an accomplice. Please I don't want to go to jail because you killed him oh biko
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 12:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
mobolaji88:
Mehnn....this is a lovely thread. But guys @dhtml18 , @seunthomas , @airsaylongcon ...you guys are major code icons and obviously y'all pack some powerful punches in your various areas of computer programming and science.

Please, guys dont turn this to a fight ABEG! lets all just av some fun while facing our daily endeavours...write some short codes, and all just round it up on an educating and mature note. Pls....let love and tolerance reign.

Thanks bossessz,

BTW there is an open question on the floor

I'm not a developer or coder. At least not actively. But I will take up the question you threw. It will take me a bit longer to try and resolve it (compared to more active razor sharp coders). But an old soldier never dies.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
This is not a smooth and fast solution but should get the work done.

import java.util.Arrays;

public class PrimeChecker{

public static void findPrime(int range){
System.out.println("Listing all prime 2 to " + range);

for (int i = 2; i < range; i++) {

boolean isprime = true;

// check to see if the number is prime
for (int j = 2; j < i; j++) {

if (i % j == 0) {
isprime = false;
break;
}
}
// print the number
if (isprime)
System.out.print(i);
}

}

public static void main(String args[]){
int range=1000;

findPrime(range);

}

}
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

I'm not a developer or coder. At least not actively. But I will take up the question you threw. It will take me a bit longer to try and resolve it (compared to more active razor sharp coders). But an old soldier never dies.
You are a sorry case....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

import java.util.Arrays;

boolean isprime = true;

if (i % j == 0) {
isprime = false;
break;
}
}
// print the number
if (isprime)
System.out.print(i);
}

}

int range=1000;

findPrime(range);

}

}

Sir, you need not write a full program...everyone here understand data structures and types so u can auto-infer arrays, maps e.t.c. its just the essential algorithm that we need. Also to save your typing time u knw...

Also, leme give the full question again to refresh, u seem not to get the point of the question.

mobolaji88:

Okay, sorry o..me i"m not a genius nor a programming expert, neither am i a computer guru but i have some very good abstract programming experience; so in order to cool down the tension btwn the challenger and "challengee", lets ask a basic question

@dhtml18 , @codehouse , @seunthomas (i believe you all sabi c++ or java)

write the shortest possible & fastest possible algorithm in c++ or java to find all prime numbers between a range

(Note: the range is generic)

The question looks simple....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
mobolaji88:

Sir, you need not write a full program...everyone here understand data structures and types so u can auto-infer arrays, maps e.t.c. its just the essential algorithm that we need. Also to save your typing time u knw...

Also, leme give the full question again to refresh, u seem not to get the point of the question.

There is no shortest possible. I can write one algorithm now and something else may come up tomorrow.Or i could just write a short-hand iteration function
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

import java.util.Arrays;

boolean isprime = true;

if (i % j == 0) {
isprime = false;
break;
}
}
// print the number
if (isprime)
System.out.print(i);
}

}

int range=1000;

findPrime(range);

}

}

Rubbish. What if my range is from 9471 to 997629. Dummy starting from 2 like all ranges must start from 1 to any number.

Well sha since I can't solve it lemme not talk

Your a phony, a fake, a ho.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Rubbish. What if my range is from 9471 to 997629. Dummy starting from 2 like all ranges must start from 1 to any number.

Well sha since I can't solve it lemme not talk

Your a phony, a fake, a ho.
You cant please a condemned fool ohhhh. Nothing can be done, nothing at all to save a destined to fail person.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

You cant please a condemned fool ohhhh. Nothing can be done, nothing at all to save a destined to fail person.

Solve my challenge and redeem your battered image.

Professional coder that cannot see that boundary conditions are crucial. What stops you from asking the user to enter the range he is interested in. And checking that it's a valid range? Nimcompoop

Will that your bustard code give me prime numbers between 9000 and 10000. A small range of just 1000 numbers.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
@op, what you need is something like this:

public static boolean isPrime(int n) {
for(int i=2;i<n;i++) {
if(n%i==0) return false;
}
return true;
}

int start=20; //starting number
int stop=50; //stopping number

System.out.println("Listing all prime from "+start+" to " + stop);
for (int i =start; i <= stop;i++) {
if (isPrime(i)) {System.out.print(i+", "wink;}
}
}

}
Which should give you an output like this:
Listing all prime from 20 to 50
23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47,

The starting and stopping number constitute the range. . . .btw, i forked your code (hope you wont mind)

You can take up the code from there, i am not really dhtml18, so i am not up to the challenge
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Solve my challenge and redeem your battered image.

Professional coder that cannot see that boundary conditions are crucial. What stops you from asking the user to enter the range he is interested in. And checking that it's a valid range? Nimcompoop

Will that your bustard code give me prime numbers between 900 and 1000. A small range of just 100 numbers.
I blame the 2 people who gave birth to you thinking they have a child. SMH.....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

Attack issues not persons. Leave the people that gave birth to me. They are not as intelligent as you that's why I gave you that question to solve. Mr I've-been-coding-since-1998
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

Dude!!
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
donjayzi:
@op, what you need is something like this:

Which should give you an output like this:

The starting and stopping number constitute the range. . . .btw, i forked your code (hope you wont mind)
I dont mind you fork my code as long as you have done the right things na. Informed me say na me get the code and as well make a positive impact by doing what i did better. Na progress be dat na. Unlike some people who just jump from left to right @airsaylongcon i know your problem ohh but i wish i had a solution. Your case don enter market already...

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (39) (Reply)

Funny Programming Memes. Just For Laughs / How To Hack Your Girlfriend's Whatsapp And Fb Account / Atm Hacks "beware"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.