Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,726 members, 7,827,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland - Programming (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland (65608 Views)

The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) / Seunthomas - The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland / The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 6:57am On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

You want me to create a seperate thread for that? Mind you its programming and not WM.

You know what? Create a new thread for it. Me and you let's battle. I will drop a programming challenge from Warehouse management. Bring it on
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 26, 2016
Watching from the side-lines, this is the greatest battle threads on nairaland programming section ever. . . .and epic
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 8:45am On Feb 26, 2016
FincoApps:

If the game is unbeatable, then that's pretty good. I got the Mini-Max algorithm after long hours/days of stressing my brain. But due to the fact that my game is 12X10 instead of 3X3 in normal TicTacToe, Mini-Max alone is no longer feasible, I need alpha-beta pruning. And I find it just too confusing. I'll upload so u take a look
i think it may be feasible. I ditched the tic-tac-toe metaphors and reduced the strategy to two entities picking numbers from a bag. 3 by 3 game corresponds to 9 numbers in the bag. A win occours if any entity has all of a certain combination of numbers.
E.g (1,2,3), (1,5,9 -diagonal), (2,3,cool etc. The sets are hard-coded .
Theyre 8 winning combos in a bag of 9 numbers. I.e a 3 by 3 game.
The rest of the game logic just grows from there. But the computation is still high for even a 9 number bag. The searches, thru the bag, generating combinations from what is left in the bag and what the current player has in hand, etc.
That's y i left it at a 9 numbers.

If it can work on 9 number bag ,3 by 3, i believe it can be extended to work on bags of higher numbers but the computational cost will be higher(calculating winning combos, searching the bag).

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by larisoft: 8:46am On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Learner! Here are the options available.
A) O(k) (B) O(kn) (C) O(k²n) (D) O(n logk n) [log Base k] (E) O(n²)

Now do you wanna wipe of the rubbish you put up there as none of it is in the options available.

Please, i need everyone who knows a thing or two about algorithms to run my code and tell me if it does not address the stated problem in O(n log k) time.

Airsalong, am tired of doing the whole insult me I i insult you thing ( that is; if i ever did it before now). Now, examine your question, and examine my answer. Algorithms usually have different flavors of implementation, each of which may be less or more optimal. Bucketsort algorithm for instance, has an implementation that resolves its last stages with counting sort, and yet another that resolves it with insertion sort...etc. Each of these implementations vary in performance.

IN the options provided, I see how it is possible to implement a solution that will run in O(n log kn) (D) time. But my solution is obviously better than this. There is also the possiblity that a solution exists that implements the algorithm in O(k) time (which will be really really interesting). Whichever way, my solution is valid.

Please, you or anyone, should tell me why my solution is wrong. Is it because the place you copied your question from, implemented another flavor of the very popular k-array sort problem? Or is it because, you have read the answer and found fault with my algorithm ?

I am just trying to learn.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 8:55am On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

You know what? Create a new thread for it. Me and you let's battle. I will drop a programming challenge from Warehouse management. Bring it on
The rule is you drop a challenge and i drop one. Dont be irresponsible like someone who managed to clip a challenge point and runs of feeling like he just nuked Godzilla(gotchilla)....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 26, 2016
CodeHouse:
Mscheeew.. With all this long unnecessary thread, i'm yet to see any serious code from OP

Abi o. Oga @seuthomas and oga @dhtml18 , you guys should draw the line and start this thing jawe. i believe in actions not talk so do every sensible human being here; all this distracting rant are just immature. There is no shame in a challenge either u win or loose so far you accept it openly and give a fight u will always be remembered to have been strong enough to take on a challenge

**modified : sorry, oga @airsaylongcon , b like say na u go replace dhtml18 , oya do sometin

**back to my gworo and kunu watching in complete silence***
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2016
mobolaji88:

Abi o. Oga @seuthomas and oga @dhtml18 , you guys should draw the line and start this thing jawe. i believe in actions not talk so do every sensible human being here; all this distracting rant are just immature. There is no shame in a challenge either u win or loose so far you accept it openly and give a fight u will always be remembered to have been strong enough to take on a challenge

**modified : sorry, oga @airsaylongcon , b like say na u go replace dhtml18 , oya do sometin

We go start now.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2016
Oya @airsaylongcon throw the first question..... You must be able to solve it ohhh. No give me something wey dem never fit solve cos you have to provide your solution.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by CodeHouse: 10:08am On Feb 26, 2016
mobolaji88:

Abi too much noise @OP just dey make noise here, from my own perspective, If OP had solved the proposed problem, it would have been a different case, dem give you work, you no fit do, now he wants to propose his own problem to be solved by dhtml...

From all the talk sef, you would expect OP to solve any problem coming from dhtml, OP sounded as if he could solve all the problem in the world asking anyone who wanted a challenge to speak, who does that?
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 10:15am On Feb 26, 2016
CodeHouse:

Abi too much noise @OP just dey make noise here, from my own perspective, If OP had solved the proposed problem, it would have been a different case, dem give you work, you no fit do, now he wants to propose his own problem to be solved by dhtml...

From all the talk sef, you would expect OP to solve any problem coming from dhtml, OP sounded as if he could solve all the problem in the world asking anyone who wanted a challenge to speak, who does that?
Have you thrown a question yet oga codehouse? abi which one be your own self.... dhtml is kid na, we are not on the same level. even his so called aliases are just plain rookies. He luckily flipped a javascript issue(which in my opinion ought not to have worked) and now he feels fulfilled, make i fire am one question na maybe he will survive it.....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 26, 2016
^^^Only seunthomas does that. . .since he got his phd programming in 1998.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 10:23am On Feb 26, 2016
donjayzi:
^^^Only seunthomas does that. . .since he got his phd programming in 1998.
You don start again ohhh. Fight you no wan fight, talk you can talk. I know you have 1000 accounts on NL but try to respect yourself ohhhh....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 26, 2016
He who runs away lives to fight another day. . . .
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 10:40am On Feb 26, 2016
donjayzi:
He who runs away lives to fight another day. . . .
But you have always been running away na. Na which dey you go fight that fight self. A coward dies a thousand deaths ohhhhhhhh....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by CodeHouse: 10:47am On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

Have you thrown a question yet oga codehouse? abi which one be your own self.... dhtml is kid na, we are not on the same level. even his so called aliases are just plain rookies. He luckily flipped a javascript issue(which in my opinion ought not to have worked) and now he feels fulfilled, make i fire am one question na maybe he will survive it.....

Ma guy I go finish you, no just go there... You were just behaving childish, dhtml was even more matured, you can write codes, so does dhtml, why is there a need for competition?
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 10:52am On Feb 26, 2016
larisoft:

Please, i need everyone who knows a thing or two about algorithms to run my code and tell me if it does not address the stated problem in O(n log k) time.

Airsalong, am tired of doing the whole insult me I i insult you thing ( that is; if i ever did it before now). Now, examine your question, and examine my answer. Algorithms usually have different flavors of implementation, each of which may be less or more optimal. Bucketsort algorithm for instance, has an implementation that resolves its last stages with counting sort, and yet another that resolves it with insertion sort...etc. Each of these implementations vary in performance.

IN the options provided, I see how it is possible to implement a solution that will run in O(n log kn) (D) time. But my solution is obviously better than this. There is also the possiblity that a solution exists that implements the algorithm in O(k) time (which will be really really interesting). Whichever way, my solution is valid.

Please, you or anyone, should tell me why my solution is wrong. Is it because the place you copied your question from, implemented another flavor of the very popular k-array sort problem? Or is it because, you have read the answer and found fault with my algorithm ?

I am just trying to learn.

I have told you that your answer is not even in the options available. You are still bragging. I knew you were going to go for D but how in God's name is that the least optimal solution? We are talking about worst case scenario and you are mentioning log. So what will u say for the big O for best case scenario? Exponential of log I guess

I am a PM. In project development nobody cares about the best case scenario because if it ever does happen every user will be satisfied. However the worst case scenario is very crucial as it will create a lot of dissatisfied users. We aim to evaluate given the worst case scenario the impact it will have on the software and whether the affected users can cope with it. Next time please read a question carefully before you jump in.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 10:57am On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

The rule is you drop a challenge and i drop one. Dont be irresponsible like someone who managed to clip a challenge point and runs of feeling like he just nuked Godzilla(gotchilla)....

I thought you were running your unclean mouth that you needed to create a new thread since this thread was strictly a challenge between you and your boss who beat and early killed you yesterday. Who showed your parents why the money they spent on your school fees would have been better buying boli or even better if they had used it to clean your sorry bum. You have gone and brought your goons and now you wanna battle on this thread? Are you unaware I dropped a question since yesterday?

I am dropping the challenge again:

Chief Professor Bill Gates seunthomas suck on this as the genius that you are.

A procedure "CallBack" is recursive for *some* inputs. If this procedure is guaranteed to terminate, then which of the following is not true.

a) CallBack has a local variable
b) CallBack has an path of execution where it is not recursive (doesn't call itself)
C) CallBack refers to a global variable or has one or more parameters

At least you have had expo since yesterday.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 26, 2016
CodeHouse:

Ma guy I go finish you, no just go there... You were just behaving childish, dhtml was even more matured, you can write codes, so does dhtml, why is there a need for competition?
I beg to differ, this dude has proved that he can talk - am yet to see evidence that he can actually write codes. . . . . .he believes dhtmlsql was a fork of zebra_database. If he can actually read php oop, he will know that he was dead wrong.
Possible he can write other languages but he is not a PHP Master, and not a javaScript master - this thread has proven that already.

And he has been running his mouth non-stop into 13 pages with no codes still. . . .
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 26, 2016
Okay, sorry o..me i"m not a genius nor a programming expert, neither am i a computer guru but i have some very good abstract programming experience; so in order to cool down the tension btwn the challenger and "challengee", lets ask a basic question

@dhtml18 , @codehouse , @seunthomas (i believe you all sabi c++ or java)

write the shortest possible & fastest possible algorithm in c++ or java to find all prime numbers between a range

(Note: the range is generic)

The question looks simple....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 11:14am On Feb 26, 2016
mobolaji88:
Okay, sorry o..me i"m not a genius nor a programming expert, neither am i a computer guru but i have some very good abstract programming experience; so in order to cool down the tension btwn the challenger and "challengee", lets ask a basic question

@dhtml18 , @codehouse , @seunthomas (i believe you all sabi c++ or java)

write the shortest possible & fastest possible algorithm in c++ or java to find all prime numbers between a range

(Note: the range is generic)

The question looks simple....
Range cant be generic. Although you can find lower order prime numbers, computing high order prime numbers in the million,billion range requires a lot of computing power. So narrow down your range bros.

import java.util.Arrays;

public class PrimeChecker{

public static void findPrime(int range){
System.out.println("Listing all prime 2 to " + range);

for (int i = 2; i < range; i++) {

boolean isprime = true;

// check to see if the number is prime
for (int j = 2; j < i; j++) {

if (i % j == 0) {
isprime = false;
break;
}
}
// print the number
if (isprime)
System.out.print(i);
}

}

public static void main(String args[]){
int range=1000;

findPrime(range);

}

}
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2016
^^^I knew he was gonna talk himself out of it yet again. . . .
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 11:28am On Feb 26, 2016
donjayzi:
^^^I knew he was gonna talk himself out of it yet again. . . .
better than you who did not even contribute an answer na. When a question is asked it needs to be specific precise and meaningful. Questions should not be asked for asking sake. Its people like you who ask questions like when was barrack obama conceived in his mother's womb. lol.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 11:29am On Feb 26, 2016
Una see this mumu seunthomas boy. I don drop my challenge again and he has dodged it as usual. He has made a comment at 11:14 am while my challenge was reposted again just before 11am.

Bet seunthomas why your life be like dis? Why are you a Diego Maradona? Are Lionel Messi? Why do you like to dribble me like this?
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 11:31am On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

better than you who did not even contribute an answer na. When a question is asked it needs to be specific precise and meaningful. Questions should not be asked for asking sake. Its people like you who ask questions like when was barrack obama conceived in his mother's womb. lol.

Buffoon! The answer to this question can be inferred. Who wasted school fees on this Negro!
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Buffoon! The answer to this question can be inferred. Who wasted school fees on this Negro!
I am short of words to even begin to describe this seunthomas, no ingles word i know seem to be enough. . .
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 11:42am On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Oya, tell us. Mr Warehouse, when did your unlucky father f*ck your unlucky mother and conceive you this useless thing??
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by CodeHouse: 11:51am On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

Oya, tell us. Mr Warehouse, when did your unlucky father f*ck your unlucky mother and conceive you this useless thing??

Is this programming? Mr man you are crossing boundaries undecided
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 11:52am On Feb 26, 2016
CodeHouse:

Not really. I just paid him back in his own coin. We are talking like matured people but if he wants to get dirty i got some of that stuff too. I am streets too na.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 11:53am On Feb 26, 2016
which of you unwanted children is trying to social engineer me. I dey watch you ohhhhhhhh.......
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 26, 2016
CodeHouse:

He has been crossing boundaries and moving goal posts since the inception of this ranting thread.

And he has also been running his mouth in a recursive loop without license. . .
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 12:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
donjayzi:

He has been crossing boundaries and moving goal posts since the inception of this ranting thread.

And he has also been running his mouth in a recursive loop without license. . .
I dont cross boundaries ohhh. You cant throw me pure shit and expect me to lick it and say thank you na. If you respect yourself i will respect you. Shikena.....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 12:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

That's none of your beeswax! If I become a public figure and that becomes a question I will ask them and they will produce the answer. At least I know there's an answer for that kind of question unlike you that doesn't know.

Now I challenged you to battle you said you needed to create another thread. I challenged you to create another thread, you changed your mind and said you will battle me on this thread. I again threw down the same battle I threw at you 24 hours ago. But like the skilled artful dodger, the perfectionist master dribbler and the only one whose parents wasted school fee on, you have turned a blind eye to 4 posts of the same question.

You call me Mr Warehouse and I take that as a compliment. If not for the job I do you would not be getting your Toothpaste (heck I should even send you expired Toothpaste) or Detergent or even Deodorant (I doubt you use a dey cos you stink from here). It's called Distribution in Supply chain management. And warehousing IS A science. You can read the warehouse science book in the link below.
http://www.isye.gatech.edu/~jjb/wh/book/editions/wh-sci-0.96.pdf

It will do you a world of good. I'm a computing grad but I do not brag I'm the best coder that ever lived. I do not enjoy coding but I CANNOT be bamboozled by skanks like you who hide under the I AM A CODER toga. I am self taught in Distribution Science and use my knowledge in IT to ensure the appropriate use of IT in solving distribution problems. I saw you claim on a thread that you earn over N200k and in my head I am thinking "maybe this guy meant to type Zimbabwean dollars" cos I wouldn't pay N2.00 for your skill. If I were you I would have asked my parents to give me the money they planned to spend on my school fees and then go to nairabet or bet9ja to gamble it away. You are a waste of space and forever will be in my eyes.

You call me Mr Warehouse, I call you apprentice coder. You will forever be in my shadow. Thousands of miles behind me.

Despite opening that your unclean mouth you still can't take me (a non-developer) in battle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply)

Funny Programming Memes. Just For Laughs / How To Hack Your Girlfriend's Whatsapp And Fb Account / Atm Hacks "beware"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.