Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland - Programming (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland (65188 Views)

The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) / Seunthomas - The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland / The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by nnamdiosu(m): 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
please gurus. i initally read the first three pages of this thread (so forgive me if i'm wrong). me i have a challenge. and its a challenge that i bet you isn't on google (believe it or not). who can create a count down thread that counts down to 6.pm every monday to friday, outputs a message when it gets to 6pm on the given date then restarts counting again till the following day 6pm. also on friday, it should re count till monday the next week 6.pm.
i heard my bros said give me any task within one hour in any language. bros over to you.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
Wow, 18 pages. This thread has gotten more attention than it deserves.

Someone will look at the thread with high expectations but will be disappointed to find chest beating immature programmers.
Na me say make you no get chest to beat??
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

Na me say make you no get chest to beat??
Be like me, no chest beating
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
nnamdiosu:
please gurus. i initally read the first three pages of this thread (so forgive me if i'm wrong). me i have a challenge. and its a challenge that i bet you isn't on google (believe it or not). who can create a count down thread that counts down to 6.pm every monday to friday, outputs a message when it gets to 6pm on the given date then restarts counting again till the following day 6pm. also on friday, it should re count till monday the next week 6.pm.
i heard my bros said give me any task within one hour in any language. bros over to you.
def run():
while True:
arraydays=[monday to friday]
if time!="6pm" and day not in arraydays:
sleep(till 6pm)
else:
print "Something"

Something like this. Its algorithm not working code sha
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
dhtml18:

Be like me, no chest beating
You wey beat chest so tey you beat another man chest as your own(zebra database)
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

From your question, we are not limited to a specific function but any function except from the onset you question was not complete making it a trick question or wrong.

I have just used this as an illustrative function as it meets the criteria: is recursive for some values and non-recursive for other values, and it definitely terminates irrespective of the value provided.

The example you have provided WILL NEVER TERMINATE for at least one value provided
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by FincoApps(m): 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

def run():
while True:
sleep(till 6pm)
else:
print "Something"

Now that's how an algorithm looks like, not the code you wrote

x=3;
function amADude(){
x=3;
amADude();

}

seunthomas, please don't take this the wrong way but you behave like an old man. (Expects everything to be perfect but makes the same mistakes)
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
FincoApps:

seunthomas, please don't take this the wrong way but you behave like an old man. (Expects everything to be perfect but makes the same mistakes)
So what exactly is your contribution to us now abi you have come to start a agbero fight. Anyway, i am also open to criticism and am not claiming to be the best. If you know me well i dont try to prove anything. I think you are just plain bitter.....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by CodeHouse: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
Knownpal:

It's only lariaoft o, He just needs to pay me.

Lol..
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
FincoApps:

People like you dont like criticism. Ok Mr YES guy, you are good and the BEST.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

So what exactly is your contribution to us now abi you have come to start a agbero fight. Anyway, i am also open to criticism and am not claiming to be the best. If you know me well i dont try to prove anything. I think you are just plain bitter.....

Really?! shocked shocked shocked I will get proof in your words to disprove this assertion.

Meanwhile is guru01 still game or does he concede defeat? Larisoft your man also failed my question. So I'm beginning to draw a conclusion about you and your homies

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Really?! shocked shocked shocked I will get proof in your words to disprove this assertion.

Meanwhile is guru01 still game or does he concede defeat? Larisoft your man also failed my question. So I'm beginning to draw a conclusion about you and your homies
please so ohhhhh....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by FincoApps(m): 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

People like you dont like criticism. Ok Mr YES guy, you are good and the BEST.

Except your earlier posts were joke, you have claimed severally you are the best. That was why I was expecting perfect codes from you, but it turns out, you make mistakes like everyone else.

And Yes, for once you are right about me. I do not like criticisms at all probably because I was surrounded only by people like you for a long time. (People that don't correct errors).

It's obvious you didn't go through the link I sent earlier. Please go through it, you are a good programmer, but you would be better if you knew how to correct errors without discouraging
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 5:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
FincoApps:

Except your earlier posts were joke, you have claimed severally you are the best. That was why I was expecting perfect codes from you, but it turns out, you make mistakes like everyone else.

And Yes, for once you are right about me. I do not like criticisms at all probably because I was surrounded only by people like you for a long time. (People that don't correct errors).

It's obvious you didn't go through the link I sent earlier. Please go through it, you are a good programmer, but you would be better if you knew how to correct errors without discouraging
Kindly post where i claim to be best programmer ohhhh.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

guy end this thread. It's gone on to almost 20 pages and proven nothing. Still unresolved. This is unbecoming of the smart breed of men we are (programmers).
It's only unserious sections you see this kind of excess .
Prove your point. Settle the issue. Code the code. End the wrangling.
E no dey tire you?

@bolded
- not true. You are as stubborn as a mule
and as egotistical as a peacock.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 5:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
asalimpo:

guy end this thread. It's gone on to almost 20 pages and proven nothing. Still unresolved. This is unbecoming of the smart breed of men we are (programmers).
It's only unserious sections you see this kind of excess .
Prove your point. Settle the issue. Code the code. End the wrangling.
E no dey tire you?

@bolded
- not true. You are as stubborn as a mule
and as egotistical as a peacock.
Your f**ther there.......
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by nnamdiosu(m): 5:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

def run():
while True:
sleep(till 6pm)
else:
print "Something"

Hmmmmm bros Bros. I hail. you tight. (but you for try make am a working code sha o. to convince the doubting Thomas). but seriously can the code be improved? but all the same....you too much
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 5:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
Guru01, seunthomas and larisoft do the three of agree that I am better than you?

Guru01 you gave me a challenge and I smashed it. I gave you a challenge and you flunked it twice

Seunthomas you initially dodged my challenge despite repeated posts and eventually got Guru01 to challenge me. After I smashed his challenge you were fault picking that I didn't declare variables making my code susceptible to hacking. This is still unproven. And you have still failed to answer my challenge posed more than 24 hours ago. You backed Guru01 that the answer was B and I have explained to you why it CANNOT be B. You both have become silent.

So 2v1 I answered your question both both of you failed to answer my question posed over 25 hours ago. Verdict: I airsaylongcon, am greater than Guru01 and seunthomas put together.

Larisoft your case is just simple. Over sabi killed the cat. You were asked to evaluate the worst case scenario for an insertion sort on a k-sorted array. You ended up evaluating the best case scenario which wasn't a question that was asked you. Verdict: I am greater than you

Unfollowing this thread as I (a mere hobbyist programmer) have outshone professional coders coding since 1998

2 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 5:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
dhtml18:

You got it all wrong, his mouth is a recursive loop:
You are too generous , his own method doesnt need native loops(while,for,do..while).
Hastens the stackoverflow.

Class Head{
Stack<String> mind = new Stack<>() ;
public Head(){
// fill mind with gibberish
}
public String top(){
return mind.pop();
}
}//

Public void rantOn(Head head)
{
System.out.println(head.top());
//
rantOn(head);
}

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:
Your f**ther there.......
Take it easy guy. There's no need for this kind of crudeness.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:
Guru01, seunthomas and larisoft do the three of agree that I am better than you?

Guru01 you gave me a challenge and I smashed it. I gave you a challenge and you flunked it twice

Seunthomas you initially dodged my challenge despite repeated posts and eventually got Guru01 to challenge me. After I smashed his challenge you were fault picking that I didn't declare variables making my code susceptible to hacking. This is still unproven. And you have still failed to answer my challenge posed more than 24 hours ago. You backed Guru01 that the answer was B and I have explained to you why it CANNOT be B. You both have become silent.

So 2v1 I answered your question both both of you failed to answer my question posed over 25 hours ago. Verdict: I airsaylongcon, am greater than Guru01 and seunthomas put together.

Larisoft your case is just simple. Over sabi killed the cat. You were asked to evaluate the worst case scenario for an insertion sort on a k-sorted array. You ended up evaluating the best case scenario which wasn't a question that was asked you. Verdict: I am greater than you

Unfollowing this thread as I (a mere hobbyist programmer) has outshone professional coders coding since 1998
OK ohhhhh. I will ask you just one simple question and your entire village will seat on it for 20 years and still not be able to solve it.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 6:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
asalimpo:

You go watch as you dey jabo abi dem dey worry you
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

babe no be my fault, na dem start am
See the way dhtml18 and him league of extraordinary area boys turn my thread to bottle throwing ground.......
you were the one throwing punches since page 1, 3 days ago.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 6:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

You go watch as you dey jabo abi dem dey worry you
i know how the pain feels but if you, can still keep your comments and insults civilized. Your father isnt a programmer neither is he on nairaland(I think).
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

Not really. I just paid him back in his own coin. We are talking like matured people but if he wants to get dirty i got some of that stuff too. I am streets too na.
your simply crude and immature.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

Not really. I just paid him back in his own coin. We are talking like matured people but if he wants to get dirty i got some of that stuff too. I am streets too na.
you're simply crude and immature.

2 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by CodeHouse: 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
asalimpo:

He has been saying all sorts, got me wondering, how old he is..

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by CodeHouse: 6:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
asalimpo:

i know how the pain feels but if you, can still keep your comments and insults civilized. Your father isnt a programmer neither is he on nairaland(I think).

Very true
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
[quote author=seunthomas post=43267410]
Range cant be generic. Although you can find lower order prime numbers, computing high order prime numbers in the million,billion range requires a lot of computing power. So narrow down your range bros.

import java.util.Arrays;

public class PrimeChecker{

public static void findPrime(int range){
System.out.println("Listing all prime 2 to " + range);

for (int i = 2; i < range; i++) {

boolean isprime = true;

// check to see if the number is prime
for (int j = 2; j < i; j++) {

if (i % j == 0) {
isprime = false;
break;
}
}
// print the number
if (isprime)
System.out.print(i);
}

}

public static void main(String args[]){
int range=1000;

findPrime(range);

}

Your prime number function is inefficient.
this code will mark you down during an interview.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunthomas:

OK ohhhhh. I will ask you just one simple question and your entire village will seat on it for 20 years and still not be able to solve it.

You missed your chance long ago. I had challenged you to battle since 6:57 am this morning. You never picked up the challenge egging on your friend to battle me. He did and I crushed his challenge. You and he have still to correctly answer mine.

So of what use is a question from you. For the benefit of doubt though. Drop your question.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

You missed your chance long ago. I had challenged you to battle since 6:57 am this morning. You never picked up the challenge egging on your friend to battle me. He did and I crushed his challenge. You and he have still to correctly answer mine.

So of what use is a question from you. For the benefit of doubt though. Drop your question.
Ok ohh. i don miss my chance. BOSS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (39) (Reply)

Funny Programming Memes. Just For Laughs / How To Hack Your Girlfriend's Whatsapp And Fb Account / Atm Hacks "beware"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.