Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland - Programming (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland (65297 Views)

The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) / Seunthomas - The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland / The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunthomas:

No code to show. How you go see code na. You are blind during the daytime. Talkative.
you're right. Illogical professor.
I'm blind- I type my responses using braille. But others here have eyes and can see . So show us what you gat? Or are we going to cross into 30 pages with your parambulations?
Show us what you gat?
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
@seunthomas
What about this challenge.
Or is the poster blind,jobless and tout too?
DanielTheGeek:

I understand your point which is valid, but still let us in on what you've done...
Okay forget github.
pastebin?, code snippets on codepaste.net, finished work anywhere? (Website, mobile app any one) or are you just a professor with the theoretical knowledge of programming alone?
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
asalimpo:

you're right. Illogical professor.
I'm blind- I type my responses using braille. But others here have eyes and can see . So show us what you gat? Or are we going to cross into 30 pages with your parambulations?
Show us what you gat?
I blame you. Na me dey respond to you now. Go*t. Ewu.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunthomas:

I blame you. Na me dey respond to you now. Go*t. Ewu.
Is that your final answer?
Mr. I've-done-more-than-you-and-dhtml-combined!

Whatoff yesterday's c challenge. The structs stuff? You, use style dodge that one?
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunthomas:

I have done far more than you and dhtml combined together. And yes you actually learnt a lot(even though you wont admit).
I dont beat around the bush either learn some manners and appreciate me.
I wish you luck, you dont have anything to contribute but criticism. You are not a programmer or have u shown us any proof that u have such skills. You are just a jobless tout on NL looking around for a fight.
Show us, make we see. Or are all your great projects on 127.0.0.1 or inside your mouth?

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2016
29 pages and yet the Ph.D. Professor de la 1998, still has nothing to show other than a running mouth? Astounding!

2 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2016
Let's stop the side battling, challenge for everyone,

Program a working search engine with a web crawler that crawls the Naira land programming section and Stackoverflow for topics that match search criteria.

The interface should be simple and basic, but no ugly output tho.
Search results should show up in real time as user's type narrowing the results. Or you can make it redirect to a search page containing results.

The result page should contain:
1. The title of the topic
2. The author of the topic
3. The posted date of the topic.

Bonus: views should be displayed for Naira land results while up votes should be displayed for results from StackOverflow. (Not necessary, but a mark of programming prodigy)

Use any language you want.

Points will be allocated as follows:
For participating - 5pts
Interface (GUI) - 15pts
Live Search functionality- 20pts
Search Engine Speed - 30pts
GutHub/Patebin/codepaste.net e,t,c availability - 15pts
Creativity /Jara - 15pts

Negative points:
Code redundancy - minus 20pts.

Finished program should be hosted anywhere, you may use a free hosting services or post the sub domain name you want and I shall make it available on my hosting space.

Time frame is 24hrs. Real codecathlon for real programmers.

I shall provide hints on request, and Programmers taking up the challenge can't vote or allocate points.

Modified
Solution should be posted and judged at https://www.nairaland.com/2959841/search-engine-challeng-crawl-nairaland
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2016
asalimpo:

Is that your final answer?
Mr. I've-done-more-than-you-and-dhtml-combined!

Whatoff yesterday's c challenge. The structs stuff? You, use style dodge that one?
He does not even know what a range is? Most shocking. This thread just exposed his arse to the www.

@op, never again in your life should you issue a challenge that you are certain to lose. I would not have done something reckless like that, not on my worst day or any day at all.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 1:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunthomas come here let me viciously sodomise you.

I will upload screenshots as i type the solution out on Ms word
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:06pm On Feb 27, 2016
@dhtml You just want to hear my voice sha. lol.
One of the first great lessons i learnt as a programmer is that no one can compel you to prove your self. I guess am applying that lesson with the likes of you and @asalimpo
I end with this little story from the bible "And the devil told him, if though be the Son of God, change this stones into bread"
And @asalimpo and @dhtml18 spoke to @seunthomas "If you are a programmer show us your github...."
Well like Jesus, i wont be cowed or intimidated. If you want me to solve a task for you, their are more responsible ways to ask.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
airsaylongcon:
seunthomas come here let me viciously sodomise you.

I will upload screenshots as i type the solution out on Ms word
Na only you waka come...
Nice diagram but better explain it more cos what am seeing looks kinda wrong.....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Djade007: 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
@Danielthegeek my whatsapp bot can do some of that. Including crawling Nairaland and Wikipedia.

Check https://www.nairaland.com/2936138/how-install-sbot-whatsapp-group
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
Djade007:
@Danielthegeek my whatsapp bot can do some of that. Including crawling Nairaland and Wikipedia.

Check https://www.nairaland.com/2936138/how-install-sbot-whatsapp-group

Oh, nice. Modify your code to achieve the desired result and post the finished program at https://www.nairaland.com/2959841/search-engine-challenge-crawl-nairaland
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 2:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
Seunthomas, this is the first part of the solution to the question I threw at you yesterday

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
Seunthomas, this is the concluding part of the solution to the challenge question i threw at you.

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunthomas:

Na only you waka come...
Nice diagram but better explain it more cos what am seeing looks kinda wrong.....
Is wrong Abi?
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
dhtml18:

Is wrong Abi?
Abosolutely........
or there is still more code??
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
The ultimate chest beating thread!
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunthomas:

Abosolutely........

Oya start pointing out what's wrong! Can't wait
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by elfico(m): 3:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
While a real challenge like the one @DanielTheGeek posted is a very good thing, this E-beef or whatever you call it is quite childish. Instead of organizing mini-hackathons where we can involve everyone and create solutions to real-life problems, some people are busy having a d*ck-measuring contest. Who cares if u are or think u are the 'baddest' programmer in ur little village. We need to rearrange our priorities to play our part in developing our country. And we wonder why many companies prefer to give tech jobs to foreigner.
If it wont be too much to ask, rather than looking for bragging rights like a couple of script kiddies, lets organize a mini-hackathon every month. Something like Google Hash Code, but this time, we use our programming and development skills to tackle problems affecting our country. Peace out.

2 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by FincoApps(m): 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunthomas:

Ok ohhh my brother with java background. If really you say you know java, do you know that an out of memory exception can cause an application to exit in an infinite loop? There are many scenerios that can make a recursive loop that does not have an exit function to terminate. Some languages by design are even implemented that way. I cant remember the language very well but i know one of this modern languages we use has that baked into it. That you dont know something does not mean other people are dumb or dull headed ohhhhh. Thanks for following me ohhhh. But try not to make it a habit of talking about things you dont know about. Its better to just watch and learn.

What on earth are you talking about me not knowing ? I can only imagine how many exams you've failed sad
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Djade007: 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Oh, nice. Modify your code to achieve the desired result and post the finished program at https://www.nairaland.com/2959841/search-engine-challenge-crawl-nairaland

That one na later things o. We don start exam for School.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Djade007:

That one na later things o. We don start exam for School.

No problem lad.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
FincoApps:

What on earth are you talking about me not knowing ? I can only imagine how many exams you've failed sad
You are an app developer that talks like a layman. I know you know java but why speak like a layman. Is there anything i have said so far that was not correct?(using your own experiences......)
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 5:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunthomas:

Abosolutely........

Seunthomas, please can you point out were my solution is wrong? I'm a mere warehouse manager and I'm looking forward to learn
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
@seunthomas
It is very insulting when you ignore a mention because you cannot defend your claim. I asked you at 5:22pm to highlight were the errors are in my solution. As at 5:34pm I can see that you are still active on NL. You gave me a challenge and I put my hands up and admitted that I didn't know it. You proposed a solution and I took it considering you set the challenge you must know the answer. I set you a challenge and after calling me all sorts of names you said you would come up with a solution today. You failed to do that. I came up with a solution and you said it was wrong. This is despite your inability to come up with a solution whether it worked or not. I have twice asked you to point out where the errors are and you have ignored me.

How do you meet deadlines at the office? I put it to you that you are a bloody coward unfit to stand where I defecate. A mouth action only guy. You are no programmer.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 6:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
airsaylongcon:
@seunthomas
It is very insulting when you ignore a mention because you cannot defend your claim. I asked you at 5:22pm to highlight were the errors are in my solution. As at 5:34pm I can see that you are still active on NL. You gave me a challenge and I put my hands up and admitted that I didn't know it. You proposed a solution and I took it considering you set the challenge you must know the answer. I set you a challenge and after calling me all sorts of names you said you would come up with a solution today. You failed to do that. I came up with a solution and you said it was wrong. This is despite your inability to come up with a solution whether it worked or not. I have twice asked you to point out where the errors are and you have ignored me.

How do you meet deadlines at the office? I put it to you that you are a bloody coward unfit to stand where I defecate. A mouth action only guy. You are no programmer.
I have decided against popular opinion not to engage in this any longer. I hope the thread dies of soon. When you need answer to something you need to learn to be polite and not haul insult on the person who has the solution. I guess thats what some of the commenters on the thread lack. They want to bully me into given them solution for their f*ck up. It does not work that way.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by danidee10(m): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
just like buhari and his certificate we're still looking for @seunthomas github cheesy
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by ChinenyeN(m): 6:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
Airsaylongcon, excellent explanation. It is much clearer now that you have expanded on the role of the int m field. I feel that your initial post didn't explain its purpose well enough. But when I read the explanation now, it was easy to solve.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 7:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunthomas:

I have decided against popular opinion not to engage in this any longer. I hope the thread dies of soon. When you need answer to something you need to learn to be polite and not haul insult on the person who has the solution. I guess thats what some of the commenters on the thread lack. They want to bully me into given them solution for their f*ck up. It does not work that way.

Seunthomas, I sat down for two hours to type out that step-by-step solution and after telling me that it is incorrect you say you won't tell me where I went wrong or tell me what your "right" answer is. Really? Are you for real? After you said alcohol had killed all my brain cells? Me a mere warehouse rat?

I have no words in describing you. If you want to get the test bank where I got the questions mention me and I will tell you where to look.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 7:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
ChinenyeN:
Airsaylongcon, excellent explanation. It is much clearer now that you have expanded on the role of the int m field. I feel that your initial post didn't explain its purpose well enough. But when I read the explanation now, it was easy to solve.

Well thank you for the comment. I had to break it down step by step to be as clear as possible to a wide range of viewers/readers.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
seunthomas:

In order words, you have failed woefully. . . .

danidee10:
just like buhari and his certificate we're still looking for @seunthomas github cheesy
I tire too o. . .

I knew it will get to the point where the OP will regret creating this thread, because he has suffered so many collateral damages.

Lesson on the day: don't engage in a battle you are certain to lose. I warned the OP not to create a thread like this, he did not listen. Now he is reaping his rewards in 3D.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (39) (Reply)

Funny Programming Memes. Just For Laughs / How To Hack Your Girlfriend's Whatsapp And Fb Account / Atm Hacks "beware"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.