Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA (59601 Views)

Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA / Daniel Nkemelu Graduates With 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan (Pic) / Taiwo Bankole & Oyindamola Omotuyi Graduate With 5.0 CGPA In UNILAG (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by OBAGADAFFI: 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
samyomz:
I'm doing bsc in psychology..and it's under SOCIAL SCIENCES there are two honours bsc and ba in psychology.. Both are under social sciences guy... Anyways i won't argue with some one that has no knowledge about psychology piss off

Duh,

https://www.wit.ie/courses/type/humanities
https://www.wit.ie/courses/type/humanities/department_of_applied_arts/ba_hons_in_psychology

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/is-your-brain-culture/200905/has-psychology-become-one-the-humanities

Depends on the school psychology can either be in humanities, Arts, Social science but its not hard sciences.

Read, learn and don't quote me again.
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Duh,

https://www.wit.ie/courses/type/humanities/department_of_applied_arts/ba_hons_in_psychology

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/is-your-brain-culture/200905/has-psychology-become-one-the-humanities

Depends on the school psychology can either be in humanities, Arts, Social science but its not hard sciences.

psychology isn't art. It is a social science and a biological science .. Brother go and read about it well..psyc has different fields, Neuropsych is hard science, physiological psyc is hard science,. Social psyc is a social science and so on, stop being stubborn and learn .... Those sites you are checking from ain't genuine .... Check the apa website bro...and stop being stubborn apa.com
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Duh,

www.apa.org/about/ educate yourself and don't quote me back
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ritchiee:
That is how they roll in Nigeria.No jazz,no bribe,no ojoro.Just pure brain.We have 3 Nigerians who can boast to be the best in the entire WORLD now:
1.PROF ANTHONY ADEGBULUGBE...5.0 cgpa

2.DR VICTOR OLALUSI...5.0 cgpa got his ftom Russia.

3.DADA AYODELE....5.0 cgpa

Nigerians rock.We are the best in the world!!!
Dr Ibe. 5.0. MIT USA
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ritchiee:
There is a Nigrian who got 5.0 cgpa in engieering and he is Adegbulugbe:

Please how many patents does he. Have to his name? It high time we stopped hyping CGPA espescially in engineering. Wht we want to be hearing are inventions, world class theories and equations tht will redefine science

1 Like

Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by OBAGADAFFI: 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
samyomz:
psychology isn't art. It is a social science and a biological science .. Brother go and read about it well..psyc has different fields, Neuropsych is hard science, physiological psyc is hard science,. Social psyc is a social science and so on, stop being stubborn and learn .... Those sites you are checking from ain't genuine .... Check the apa website bro...and stop being stubborn apa.com

Your attitude is the reason most Nigerian graduates are unemployable.

You claimed to be studying Psychology in school yet you don't know that Bachelor of Arts (or BA) can be awarded to Psychology grads.

http://psychology.about.com/od/education/f/ba-vs-bs.htm

After showing you sites from universities(which i you didn't visit) you are still claiming they are not genuine.

Well you're doing yourself a great disservice, with you narrow minded attitude.

NB- I never knew you exist, until you quoted me.

Nice discussion with you anyway.
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by calculator123(m): 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
adepeter26:

I pray so too for her...

Waiting to hear testimony for medical courses too bagging out 5.0
i doubt o but there is still a possibility.
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by danizy14bd: 10:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
psychology....hmm.......and two ABU Zaria students graduated with 5.00 from chemistry just last two weeks
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Your attitude is the reason most Nigerian graduates are unemployable.

You claimed to be studying Psychology in school yet you don't know that Bachelor of Arts (or BA) can be awarded to Psychology grads.

http://psychology.about.com/od/education/f/ba-vs-bs.htm

After showing you sites from universities(which i you didn't visit) you are still claiming they are not genuine.

Well you're doing yourself a great disservice, with you narrow minded attitude.

NB- I never knew you exist, until you quoted me.

Nice discussion with you anyway.
.. You said psychology is in the humanities.. I'm proving you wrong... Where did i say that there is no ba in psyc... You should go to the site i suggested to you... Apa is the official psychology website.. Like I said before open it and educate yourself let's see who is narrow minded... I know quite well that there is a ba in psychology but that wasn't our argument was it?... You said psychology is in the humanities.. Didn't you and now you're saying something else...well it's the last time I'll quote you cuz your argument is illogical and you're so myopic.. Good day
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by OBAGADAFFI: 3:58am On Feb 26, 2016
samyomz:
.. You said psychology is in the humanities.. I'm proving you wrong... Where did i say that there is no ba in psyc... You should go to the site i suggested to you... Apa is the official psychology website.. Like I said before open it and educate yourself let's see who is narrow minded... I know quite well that there is a ba in psychology but that wasn't our argument was it?... You said psychology is in the humanities.. Didn't you and now you're saying something else...well it's the last time I'll quote you cuz your argument is illogical and you're so myopic.. Good day

This is your word

And some top universities got Psychology under school of humanities, it depend on how the wants to hand the program.

You kids of today are too narrow minded .
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by skedemi(m): 6:26am On Feb 26, 2016
johnny89:
Taaah shaaraaap dere
Warris dis one saying....oga u better go find somewhere siddon
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by skedemi(m): 6:27am On Feb 26, 2016
Silvofitz:

Mojisola Ajayi, Lagos state Origin, and three others had first class in psychology, UI in 2011/2012 set, with CGPA 6.8 over 7.0, as it's the custom in UI. Check the records. Having first class is not strange in good schools where the lecturers know their onions. And this is not peculiar to any particular department or institution. It cuts across board. Show me an institution with good lecturers, I will show an institution that churns out first class graduates. Garbage in, garbage out; goes the wise saying.
True that tho,Buh u shouldn't have said two sessions ago
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 26, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

This is your word

And some top universities got Psychology under school of humanities, it depend on how the wants to hand the program.

You kids of today are too narrow minded .
.. if you think im a kid then you must be extremely narrow minded...what discipline did you study sef...im studying psychology and i know a whole lotta things about psychology..ive spoken to psychology professors done a lot of psychological research and stuffs so you cant tell me shit ...like i said ..i never said there was no ba in psychology...i said psychology is not an art or humanities...fine ..some universities might have psychology in their humanities division but even tho it is thought as a scientific discipline might not be as rigorous as bsc psychology....psychology is a young science so it still has a lot of controversies...i dont want to go onto the history....
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by UbongHarry(m): 9:19am On Feb 26, 2016
Nice One Bro, Keep The Faith. Now Permission To Take Over. Loading....................................... Thanks For The Successful Hand Over.
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Jung(m): 11:45am On Feb 26, 2016
all these famzers!!!! anuore-something and supersonic..... please dont famz the guy na... only when you see success is when u identify... as for the bloke that talked about patents... how many you get?... shift let us see road abeg...
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Jung(m): 11:49am On Feb 26, 2016
samyomz.... please close your mouth abeg... dont spoil psychology for us pls.. if you dont know just keep quiet... thanks
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Jung(m): 11:51am On Feb 26, 2016
MyFlair:

Dr Ibe. 5.0. MIT USA
guy... the geniuses of the world didnt even write exams and get cgpa... check online for societies for the super smart of the world who are termed to be the best
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Jung:
samyomz.... please close your mouth abeg... dont spoil psychology for us pls.. if you dont know just keep quiet... thanks
......who be dis?? undecided
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Ritchiee: 6:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
MyFlair:
Dr Ibe. 5.0. MIT USA
BRAVO..that is swell.
I am sorry.who is Dr Ibe.Give a link...cheers.
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Ritchiee: 6:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
MyFlair:

Please how many patents does he. Have to his name? It high time we stopped hyping CGPA espescially in engineering. Wht we want to be hearing are inventions, world class theories and equations tht will redefine science

Everybody does not have to have a patent to his name in order to be a genius.Read a little about him.He is even a co- winner of NOBEL PEACE PRIZE in 2007 with the VICE PRESIDENT of USA...Al Gore.We have 2 Nobel Laureates in Nigeria now...lol.
http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/175420/1/prof-anthony-adegbulugbecontributor-to-2007-nobel-.html
Born at Ibadan on the 2nd of April,1955, Prof
Anthony Adegbulugbe whose parents hails from
Ondo town in Ondo state had his secondary
education at Loyola College where he passed with
Distinction.He then moved on to the University of
Ife now OAU where he studied Electrical /
Electronic Engineering and he graduated with B.sc
(Hon) in Electrical Engineering (First Class) with a
Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 on a scale of
5.0 June 1976. For his postgraduate education,
he attended the Massachusetts Institute of
Technology (MIT), Cambridge, Mass: U.S.A. and
obtained a D.SC. in Nuclear Materials Engineering,
minor program in Energy Planning and
Management in June 1981. Other courses
attended include Electric System Expansion
Planning Course, Brookhaven National Laboratory,
U.S.A -1982,Energy Planning and Management
Course, Brookhaven National Laboratory, U.S.A –
1983, and International Human Resources
Development Corporation, Boston Massachusetts–
International Gas Business Management Certificate
Program, 2006 .
Throughout this phase of his academic career,
Anthony piled up awards and distinctions such as
the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo
University), Faculty ofTechnology, Award for Best
Student for his Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0
on a scale of 5.0 – an all time record at the
Obafemi Awolowo University, 1976, Obafemi
Awolowo University, 40th Anniversary Special
Alumni Merit Award 2003,Nigerian Society of
Engineers, Presidential Special Merit Award
1992,American Nuclear Society, Student
Conference Award for Best Nuclear Materials
Paper, 1980,American Nuclear Society, Materials
Science and Technology Division, Runner up
Award for best student paper, 1981,Obafemi
Awolowo University, Faculty of Science,
Distinguished Scientist Award 2004.

http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/175420/1/prof-anthony-adegbulugbecontributor-to-2007-nobel-.html
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ritchiee:

Everybody does not have to have a patent to his name in order to be a genius.Read a little about him.He is even a co- winner of NOBEL PEACE PRIZE in 2007 with the VICE PRESIDENT of USA...Al Gore.We have 2 Nobel Laureates in Nigeria now...lol.
Born at Ibadan on the 2nd of April,1955, Prof
Anthony Adegbulugbe whose parents hails from
Ondo town in Ondo state had his secondary
education at Loyola College where he passed with
Distinction.He then moved on to the University of
Ife now OAU where he studied Electrical /
Electronic Engineering and he graduated with B.sc
(Hon) in Electrical Engineering (First Class) with a
Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 on a scale of
5.0 June 1976. For his postgraduate education,
he attended the Massachusetts Institute of
Technology (MIT), Cambridge, Mass: U.S.A. and
obtained a D.SC. in Nuclear Materials Engineering,
minor program in Energy Planning and
Management in June 1981. Other courses
attended include Electric System Expansion
Planning Course, Brookhaven National Laboratory,
U.S.A -1982,Energy Planning and Management
Course, Brookhaven National Laboratory, U.S.A –
1983, and International Human Resources
Development Corporation, Boston Massachusetts–
International Gas Business Management Certificate
Program, 2006 .
Throughout this phase of his academic career,
Anthony piled up awards and distinctions such as
the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo
University), Faculty ofTechnology, Award for Best
Student for his Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0
on a scale of 5.0 – an all time record at the
Obafemi Awolowo University, 1976, Obafemi
Awolowo University, 40th Anniversary Special
Alumni Merit Award 2003,Nigerian Society of
Engineers, Presidential Special Merit Award
1992,American Nuclear Society, Student
Conference Award for Best Nuclear Materials
Paper, 1980,American Nuclear Society, Materials
Science and Technology Division, Runner up
Award for best student paper, 1981,Obafemi
Awolowo University, Faculty of Science,
Distinguished Scientist Award 2004.

He is brilliant but not a genius. There are a thousand and one Nigerians with this kind of achievements and awards, but we are still far behind as far as grounding breaking r esearch is concern.
Barth Nnaji has 1st class in physics and excellent performance in Phd industrial n systems engineering all in the US. All these are not new. Looking forward to a nobel price in physics.
U can go and read the profile of university of tokyo japan professor of physics, the winner of 2015 nobel price in physics
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ritchiee:

BRAVO..that is swell.

I am sorry.who is Dr Ibe.Give a link...cheers.
Bro there r many brilliant Nigerians but we r yet to see unconventional and original, history making genuis. This tra scend cgpa. It has a lot. To do with passion, hobby n attitude of hardwork coupled with destiny.
By the way for Dr Ibe's profile go to FUTO website under chemical engineering and u will see for ur self. He made 5.0 in chemical engineering from univ of toronto canada. And 4.98 in msc at MIT
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Ritchiee: 8:25am On Feb 27, 2016
MyFlair:

He is brilliant but not a genius. There are a thousand and one Nigerians with this kind of achievements and awards, but we are still far behind as far as grounding breaking r esearch is concern.
Barth Nnaji has 1st class in physics and excellent performance in Phd industrial n systems engineering all in the US. All these are not new. Looking forward to a nobel price in physics.
U can go and read the profile of university of tokyo japan professor of physics, the winner of 2015 nobel price in physics

Yes,he is a genius:
A genius is a person who displays exceptional
intellectual ability or originality, typically to a
degree that is associated with the achievement of
new advances(like making 5.0 in engineering and winning best award in NUCLEAR research(USA) ) in a domain of knowledge. Despite
the presence of scholars in many subjects in
history, many geniuses have shown high
achievements only in a single subject, unlike the
talented people. There is no scientifically
precise definition of genius, and the question of
whether the notion itself has any real meaning has
long been a subject of debate, although
psychologists are converging on a definition that
emphasizes creativity and eminent achievement.
Sir,I have been to FUTO website and there is no Ibeh that got 5.0.Why didn't the newspapers carry this laudable feat.I am sure you are not being truthful.If you want me to learn anything about Dr Ibe,put the link or I still insist that we have only 3 Nigerians who have broken this educational record:
PROF ADEGBULUGBE-NOBEL LAUREATE(A CO-WINNER OF PEACE NOBEL LAUREATE WITH AL GORE,VICE PRESIDENT OF USA IN 2007
DR. OLALUSI -OVERALL BEST STUDENT IN THE ENTIRE RUSSIAN FEDERATION.
DADA DANIEL-OVERALL BEST STUDENT IN UNILAG AND NIGERIA.
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ritchiee:

Yes,he is a genius:
A genius is a person who displays exceptional
intellectual ability or originality, typically to a
degree that is associated with the achievement of
new advances(like making 5.0 in engineering and winning best award in NUCLEAR research(USA) ) in a domain of knowledge. Despite
the presence of scholars in many subjects in
history, many geniuses have shown high
achievements only in a single subject, unlike the
talented people. There is no scientifically
precise definition of genius, and the question of
whether the notion itself has any real meaning has
long been a subject of debate, although
psychologists are converging on a definition that
emphasizes creativity and eminent achievement.
Sir,I have been to FUTO website and there is no Ibeh that got 5.0.Why didn't the newspapers carry this laudable feat.I am sure you are not being truthful.If you want me to learn anything about Dr Ibe,put the link or I still insist that we have only 3 Nigerians who have broken this educational record:
PROF ADEGBULUGBE-NOBEL LAUREATE(A CO-WINNER OF PEACE NOBEL LAUREATE WITH AL GORE,VICE PRESIDENT OF USA IN 2007
DR. OLALUSI -OVERALL BEST STUDENT IN THE ENTIRE RUSSIAN FEDERATION.
DADA DANIEL-OVERALL BEST STUDENT IN UNILAG AND NIGERIA.
Oga I don't knw why u feel pained I'm nt arguing with u here. I'm only airing my views. I still insist on my submission. For Dr. Eugene Ibe, kindly go to Futo site then click on schools, and click SEET, school of engineering, choose chemical Engineering, then view the profile of their faculty. I schooled there and we know abt his academic achievements. I dnt knw about any link to paste. Unless I copy the page n paste. Bt if I do tht u won't still believe me.

Some years bck a guy graduate from unn with cgpa of 4.98 in electronics engineering. The course tht brought him below 5.00 is nt a difficult one. May be sometin might hv gone wrong. Bt I tell u he is not a genuis simple
Is like u belong to the set of ethnic jingoist. I see.
Even in school I do argue with some of my 1st class friends tht hv As does not make one a genius.

CoursesLecturers

EUGENE C. IBE
SENIOR LECTURER
Contact Information
Email:

Academic/Professional Qualification
Government College Umuahia.
B.Sc. (1st Class Hon.) 1966, Chemical Engineering, University of Toronto Canada
M.Sc. Textiles Technology, 1967 M.I.T., Cambridge, Mass, USA.
M.Sc. Chemical Engineering 1969, M.I.T. Cambridge, Mass, USA
D.Sc. (Materials Science and Engineering, 1970). M.I.T. Cambridge, Mass, USA
Research Interests
Diffusion in Polymers
Alternative Energy Sources
Biofuels
Entrepreneurship
Simulation & Optimization of Gas Gathering Systems.
Chemical Engineering
Petrochemical Processing
Polymer Science and Technology
Chemical Engineering Plant Design
Teaching and Professional Experience
None
Other Experience
FUTO/NNPC R & D Cooperation Scheme: Initiator. VC led FUTO team, to R & D NNPC of the 4 proposals sent to NNPC. I have critical technical involvement in two of these namely:
Finger printing of Nigerian Crudes Joint Submission with FUTO Chemistry Department.
Simulations and Optimization of Nigerian Gas Gathering systems / I actively held the DVC on this Scheme which should take off with 2014 budget.
FUTO/Ebony AGRO Ltd. Cooperation: Initiator: This Scheme involves cooperation of FUTO and Ebony Agro Ltd. Team led by Engr. Charles Ugwu officially saw the Vice Chancellor and Progress is being made.
Honours
Government College Umuahia
Winner: College Prize in Physics, Chemistry and Maths 1961. Distinction (A1) in Physics, Chemistry and Maths London GCE (A Level) 1962).

University of Toronto, Canada 1962 – 1966 CGPA 5.0/5.0
Association of Professional Engineers of Otario Scholarship 1963

E.G.R. Ardagh prize 1964
Cyanamid of Canada prize 1964
Dow Chemical Engineering prize 1965
Chemical Institute of Canada prize1965
Commonwealth Soc. Of Chemical Industry Gold Medal 1966
W.S. Wilson Medal 1966
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) Cambridge, Mass USA CGPA 4.82/5.00
Textile Vetrans Gold Medal 1967
Fossil fuels are forever depleting and need to be replaced both for economic and environmental reasons. Alternative energy sources like biofuels which are environmental friendly become the focus of new research. Dr. Ibe’s research focuses on the utilization of available raw materials as sources for alternative energy.
Polymers and plastics have become ubiquitous Dr. Ibe continues to study the diffusion of permeants like water, air, Co2 and oxygen through polymers as a necessary technological back up to the foods and packaging industry.
Publication
A.C. Wardlaw and E.C. Ibe, Effect of pH on the haemolytic activity of complement. British Journal of Immunology 1963.
A.C. Wardlaw and E.C. Ibe, Effect of EAC’ 143 on complement Activity. British Journal of Immunology. 1964.
Ibe, E.C. Solubility parameter concept applied to disperse dyeing of polymers J. Applied Polymer Science 1969.
E.C. Ibe and E.I. Valko: The absorption of direct dyes by cross linked cellulose I. Absorption Equilibrium: J. Applied Polymer Science 1975.
E.C. Ibe and E.I. Valko: The absorption of direct dyes by cross linked cellulose II. Sorption Diffusivities Acta Polymer Science 1975.
E.C. Ibe The absorption of direct dyes by cross linked cellulose III. The steady State diffusivities Acta Polymeric 37 458 1985.
E.C. Ibe and S.N. Ibe, Swelling of cross linked cellulose film in water: J. Applied Polymer Science 23, 1979.
E.C. Ibe and S.N. Ibe, Conditions for the stability of cross links in cellulose: J. Applied Polymer Science 22, No. 11, 3345 1978.
E.C. Ibe and S.N. Ibe, Urea and Sodium Chloride Permeability of cross linked cellulose Acta Polymerica 12,685-688, 1986.
E.C. Ibe and S.N. Ibe, Comparison between steady state and transient diffusivities of direct dyes in cellulose: Acta Polymerica 17, 151-153. 1986.
S.N. Ibe and E.C. Ibe: Control and dispersion potential of oil spills by bacteria seeding. Proceedings of 1983 International Seminar of the Petroleum Industry and the Nigeria Environment 188 – 191.
Oghome, P. And Ibe, E.C.: Drilling mud from local days (A case study from Opobo and Kala Ibeama days) Heartland Eng. Vol. 1, No. 2 pp. 16 – 26, 2007.
Oghome, P. And Ibe, E.C.: Investigation of Biodiesel from locally
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
MyFlair:

Oga I don't knw why u feel pained I'm nt arguing with u here. I'm only airing my views. I still insist on my submission. For Dr. Eugene Ibe, kindly go to Futo site then click on schools, and click SEET, school of engineering, choose chemical Engineering, then view the profile of their faculty. I schooled there and we know abt his academic achievements. I dnt knw about any link to paste. Unless I copy the page n paste. Bt if I do tht u won't still believe me.

Some years bck a guy graduate from unn with cgpa of 4.98 in electronics engineering. The course tht brought him below 5.00 is nt a difficult one. May be sometin might hv gone wrong. Bt I tell u he is not a genuis simple
Is like u belong to the set of ethnic jingoist. I see.
Even in school I do argue with some of my 1st class friends tht hv As does not make one a genius.

This is copy n paste

CoursesLecturers

EUGENE C. IBE
SENIOR LECTURER
Contact Information
Email:

Academic/Professional Qualification
Government College Umuahia.
B.Sc. (1st Class Hon.) 1966, Chemical Engineering, University of Toronto Canada
M.Sc. Textiles Technology, 1967 M.I.T., Cambridge, Mass, USA.
M.Sc. Chemical Engineering 1969, M.I.T. Cambridge, Mass, USA
D.Sc. (Materials Science and Engineering, 1970). M.I.T. Cambridge, Mass, USA
Research Interests
Diffusion in Polymers
Alternative Energy Sources
Biofuels
Entrepreneurship
Simulation & Optimization of Gas Gathering Systems.
Chemical Engineering
Petrochemical Processing
Polymer Science and Technology
Chemical Engineering Plant Design
Teaching and Professional Experience
None
Other Experience
FUTO/NNPC R & D Cooperation Scheme: Initiator. VC led FUTO team, to R & D NNPC of the 4 proposals sent to NNPC. I have critical technical involvement in two of these namely:
Finger printing of Nigerian Crudes Joint Submission with FUTO Chemistry Department.
Simulations and Optimization of Nigerian Gas Gathering systems / I actively held the DVC on this Scheme which should take off with 2014 budget.
FUTO/Ebony AGRO Ltd. Cooperation: Initiator: This Scheme involves cooperation of FUTO and Ebony Agro Ltd. Team led by Engr. Charles Ugwu officially saw the Vice Chancellor and Progress is being made.
Honours
Government College Umuahia
Winner: College Prize in Physics, Chemistry and Maths 1961. Distinction (A1) in Physics, Chemistry and Maths London GCE (A Level) 1962).

University of Toronto, Canada 1962 – 1966 CGPA 5.0/5.0
Association of Professional Engineers of Otario Scholarship 1963

E.G.R. Ardagh prize 1964
Cyanamid of Canada prize 1964
Dow Chemical Engineering prize 1965
Chemical Institute of Canada prize1965
Commonwealth Soc. Of Chemical Industry Gold Medal 1966
W.S. Wilson Medal 1966
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) Cambridge, Mass USA CGPA 4.82/5.00
Textile Vetrans Gold Medal 1967
Fossil fuels are forever depleting and need to be replaced both for economic and environmental reasons. Alternative energy sources like biofuels which are environmental friendly become the focus of new research. Dr. Ibe’s research focuses on the utilization of available raw materials as sources for alternative energy.
Polymers and plastics have become ubiquitous Dr. Ibe continues to study the diffusion of permeants like water, air, Co2 and oxygen through polymers as a necessary technological back up to the foods and packaging industry.
Publication
A.C. Wardlaw and E.C. Ibe, Effect of pH on the haemolytic activity of complement. British Journal of Immunology 1963.
A.C. Wardlaw and E.C. Ibe, Effect of EAC’ 143 on complement Activity. British Journal of Immunology. 1964.
Ibe, E.C. Solubility parameter concept applied to disperse dyeing of polymers J. Applied Polymer Science 1969.
E.C. Ibe and E.I. Valko: The absorption of direct dyes by cross linked cellulose I. Absorption Equilibrium: J. Applied Polymer Science 1975.
E.C. Ibe and E.I. Valko: The absorption of direct dyes by cross linked cellulose II. Sorption Diffusivities Acta Polymer Science 1975.
E.C. Ibe The absorption of direct dyes by cross linked cellulose III. The steady State diffusivities Acta Polymeric 37 458 1985.
E.C. Ibe and S.N. Ibe, Swelling of cross linked cellulose film in water: J. Applied Polymer Science 23, 1979.
E.C. Ibe and S.N. Ibe, Conditions for the stability of cross links in cellulose: J. Applied Polymer Science 22, No. 11, 3345 1978.
E.C. Ibe and S.N. Ibe, Urea and Sodium Chloride Permeability of cross linked cellulose Acta Polymerica 12,685-688, 1986.
E.C. Ibe and S.N. Ibe, Comparison between steady state and transient diffusivities of direct dyes in cellulose: Acta Polymerica 17, 151-153. 1986.
S.N. Ibe and E.C. Ibe: Control and dispersion potential of oil spills by bacteria seeding. Proceedings of 1983 International Seminar of the Petroleum Industry and the Nigeria Environment 188 – 191.
Oghome, P. And Ibe, E.C.: Drilling mud from local days (A case study from Opobo and Kala Ibeama days) Heartland Eng. Vol. 1, No. 2 pp. 16 – 26, 2007.
Oghome, P. And Ibe, E.C.: Investigation of Biodiesel from locally
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
I hv posted it
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by olusolaideal(m): 7:53am On Mar 05, 2016
GeoOla25:

He dares not...5.00 will turn 1.00, after taking some faculty course such CHM 213 and Co....lol..proudly Eksu
same here
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by johnny89(m): 8:28am On Mar 05, 2016
Bcus you dunno anything nah
skedemi:
Warris dis one saying....oga u better go find somewhere siddon
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by skedemi(m): 8:50am On Mar 05, 2016
johnny89:
Hahaha grin I laugh in Spanish .....only if u know me bro
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by skedemi(m): 8:50am On Mar 05, 2016
johnny89:
Hahaha grin I laugh in Spanish .....only if u know me
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by johnny89(m): 8:59am On Mar 05, 2016
Ossshhee Wole Soyinka
skedemi:
Hahaha grin I laugh in Spanish .....only if u know me bro
Re: Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA by johnny89(m): 9:01am On Mar 05, 2016
Stop the beef!!! Not good for your health
olusolaideal:
same here

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Departments In The University Which Girls Admire Their Guys / Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel / Man Signs On Boobs Of A Polytechnic Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.