Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today (12787 Views)

Buhari, Yahaya Bello, Ikpeazu & Others Honored At Daily Times 91st Anniversary / Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 92nd Birthday Today / Philip Effiong's 91st Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by coolestca(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2016
Wow
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by Martmore: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2016
a full blooded corrupt Fulani man.monkeys and baboons in the zoo can wish him birthday for all I care
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by Andremani(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2016
We share the same birthday, happy birthday us both
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by pyyxxaro: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2016
Diesel1:
Stop this Sai of a thing "I dislike that word

I won't stop

Until you send me recharge card

Sai Diesel 1

Sai Fuel

Sai Kerosene tongue

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by Realhommie(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2016
udmbat:
God saw him through the years.
He will surely see us through many more years. My prayer for all nairalanders.
Amen to that. Nice of you and may God bless you.

@Topic, HBD sir. You're indeed a rare kind.
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by Rapmoney(m): 8:42am On Feb 25, 2016
If I give am birthday wishes, make I twist and suspend for air!!! Yeye Shagari! angry
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by pyyxxaro: 8:43am On Feb 25, 2016
IkennaBasilJR:
what is the meaning of "sai"

It must be ( Sai )
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by coalcoal1(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2016
happy birthday sir
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by centyboy: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2016
vanity upon vanity... cry
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by adanusam: 8:46am On Feb 25, 2016
Waooo congratulation jare n may God keep him more years this is leader indeed
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 25, 2016
edlion57:
F
F FOR FORK
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by babadem2much(m): 8:46am On Feb 25, 2016
Happy Birthday Papa
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by igomen: 8:47am On Feb 25, 2016
lalasticlala:
Shehu Shagari Turns 91 Today.

Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari, Turakin Sakkwato (born February 25, 1925[1]) served as the second President of Nigeria’s Second Republic (1979–1983), after the handover of power by General Olusegun Obasanjo's military government.

Shagari is a northerner of Fulani extraction and holds the aristocratic title of Turakin Sakkwato in the Sokoto Caliphate. He worked as a teacher for a brief period before entering politics in 1954 upon his election to the federal House of Representatives.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shehu_Shagari

Shehu Shagari was the First Executive President of Nigeria's Second Republic and not the Second
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by miki70: 8:47am On Feb 25, 2016
lalasticlala:

Laughter, pleasure and gaiety all around;
Family, friends and companions abound.
Memories to cherish and plenty of reminiscing;
May you have a birthday that is God's blessing!
Happy Birthday
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 25, 2016
Now this is a rear age to get to.
May God give us in addition to good health,faithfulness and clean money
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by omonighoblessing(f): 8:50am On Feb 25, 2016
LORDSAMURAI:
WOW is this guy still alive? its been long i heard about him o, anyways i wish him more years to come, lalasticlala delete the post above and make me first to comment. "u be my guy na.
grin u use jazz talk

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by truthspeaks: 8:52am On Feb 25, 2016
D best indeed. As one d leaders dat killed dis country.
dangote7510:
one of the best president of Nigeria,
long live Shehu shagari.
long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 25, 2016
omonighoblessing:
grin u use jazz talk
LOL my sister, mavor na? ode me is oghenero

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by truthspeaks: 8:54am On Feb 25, 2016
What did d guy achieve for dis country except impoverish d country. Hbd to him anyway.
lalasticlala:

Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by Raphael81(m): 9:00am On Feb 25, 2016
happy birthday sir may God bless u and give u long life good health and strength and many more years on earth. Amen
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by dahmie2013: 9:05am On Feb 25, 2016
Happy bday 2 US!
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by senatordossy: 9:10am On Feb 25, 2016
HAPI BDAY SIR SHEHU
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by plaetton: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2016
Former President Shehu Shagari's 91st birthday falls at such an auspicious time in the history of Nigeria.

I remember when Shagari was elected and sworn in as first executive President of Nigeria.

I remember the achievements of his administration and the governors of his era.

I also remember the day that some ambitious and misguided officers the Nigerian armed forces, led by Mohamadu Buhari, committed treason against the government and people of Nigeria to topple Shagari's government.

Yes, just like today, there was jubilation and great fanfare throughout much of country.

Just like today, Shagari and his regime were villified by the new junta, the media and the Nigerian masses.

Everything wrong with Nigeria was blamed on Shagari. The masses , just like today, were screaming blood, " death to the politicians " were the chants.

Deja vu anyone?

Well, the YEARS of THE LOCUSTS followed thereafter.

Now, fast forward 32 years later, history is has been kind to the amiable Shehu Shagari.
History and events have reshaped the way we see and judge this simple man, his administration, his achievements while in office.

It's an irony of history that today , while Shehu Shagari celebrates his 91st birthday in peace and great respect amongst Nigerians, history is repeating itself with the previous interloper in the corridors of power.

Today Mohammadu Buhari is the executive President of Nigeria. And just like before, he came to power through ambition, false pretense and propaganda.

Today, just like yesteryears, the previous administration is blamed for all the accumulated ills of Nigeria.

Today, a simple, amiable and honest man is being villified by the media and their sheepish plebeians. Everyone, just like yesteryear, is screaming blood.

Again, in many years to come, when the very short attention spans of the plebeians would been shifted elsewhere, history would inevitably have the last word on Goodluck Jonathan and his administration, and the PDP, a party, though distinctively Nigerian to the core, Shepherded the largest expansion of the Nigerian middle class in the history of Nigeria.

Till then , let's all hope and pray that Mohammadu Buhari does not, once again, usher in the LOCUST years hereafter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by PrinceDave001(m): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2016
To imagine that this man is the same age with a president in Africa who wants to die on the seat
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by Ghost01(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2016
So Shagari is my birthday mate? Happy birthday to us!

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by emmalexabl(m): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2016
Buhari placed him on house arrest and jailed his then VP..Alex Ekwueme !!

More like police detaining a conductor of a vehicle that was involved in road traffic accident while the driver walks away free...

Kai buhari..
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by imecom: 9:38am On Feb 25, 2016
may God bless u
happy birthday sir
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by bentlywills(m): 9:39am On Feb 25, 2016
Ah ah dz man never die?

Nawa oo

Happy birthday ooo grin
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by BayLord01(m): 9:45am On Feb 25, 2016
pyyxxaro:
Sai Shehu Shagari

I dedicate this FTC to the Ukwu-Full lady coming to my house this morning
E clear say I go Lash am
Sai Ukwu tongue
Bad guy

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by FuckTheMod: 9:54am On Feb 25, 2016
millionboi:
killers of destiny....wat we suffer today is as a result of their misteks
Exactly

BASTĄRDZ

Including IBB, OBASANJO, GOWON ETC
Corrupt generation of 65 - 90 years.
WOE BETIDE THEM ALL angry

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by Mbediogu(m): 10:08am On Feb 25, 2016
lalasticlala:

Happy birthday your Excellency. Wishing you many happy returns Sir.
Re: Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today by Mbediogu(m): 10:09am On Feb 25, 2016
lalasticlala:

Happy birthday your Excellency. Wishing you many happy returns Sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Plans To Dump APC — Okorocha / Buhari To Attend Coronation Of King Charles In London / PDP Supporters Decamp To APC In Ogun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.