Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Whats The Difference Between A Curriculum Vitae (CV) And A Resume? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Whats The Difference Between A Curriculum Vitae (CV) And A Resume? (647 Views)

The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! / 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae / Including CGPA In Curriculum Vitae Or Resume, Necessary Or Unnecessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Difference Between A Curriculum Vitae (CV) And A Resume? by amzee(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2016
Hello gurus in the house.Please I need a detailed answer on the difference between a CV and a Resume.

It will be helpful to so many job seekers out there who always make the mistake of submiting Resume in a place where they are supposed to submit CV.
Re: Whats The Difference Between A Curriculum Vitae (CV) And A Resume? by datola: 9:56am On Feb 25, 2016
Americans adopts 'Resume' while the British uses 'Curriculum Vitae' (CV).

CV is usually a long summary of one's education, career, etc summary and is static from one job requirement to the other.

Resume on the other hand is tailored made profile of an applicant for a specific job role. Resume is not static but changes depending on the job applying for.
Re: Whats The Difference Between A Curriculum Vitae (CV) And A Resume? by amzee(m): 10:02am On Feb 25, 2016
datola:
Americans call the document 'Resume' while the British call it 'Curriculum Vitae' (CV)

But it has some difference nah..

(1) (Reply)

Advice Me Please / Illegal Recruitment Into The CBN: Buhari Must Not Keep Silent / Teaching Job Placement!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.