Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,030 members, 7,838,582 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment (28871 Views)

Buhari’s First Day Back On Duty, A Loud Disappointment, Aso Rock Sources - SR / Oby Ezekwesili Expresses Disappointment After Police Blocked Them During Protest / This Government Is A Government Of Sadists - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by EasternActivist: 1:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
Progressive01:
@ bold: ROTFLMAO!! Your village people don conclude their meeting for your matter. grin Me from Edo!! cheesygrincheesygrin

Because they are the only pained assess in south south that doesn't want to ever witness the reunion among SS and SE because of fear of the unknown by their side caused by ignorance shielded with envy.

I really don't wanna deviate into that...

Barcanista is more of a pained Edo than ijaw. Don't know why he doesn't want to be proud of his edoid root.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by CHADASHU(m): 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
This is the beauty of democracy.. Even idiots are allowed to have opinions.

Thanks for yours Barcanista!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by foxe(m): 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
Mylove55:
i can't see any nice write-up, is all rhetoric and bla bla
perhaps you should counter his points

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by MoreJobsHere: 1:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
oga oo
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by thompsons: 1:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
Condemn Buhari all you want,his failure as you have said is 'Nigeria",Me,You!
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by MoreJobsHere: 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
CHADASHU:
This is the beauty of democracy.. Even idiots are allowed to have opinions.

Thanks for yours Barcanista!

SO BARCANISTA IS AN IDIOT??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by tuniski: 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
DropShot:

Put GEJ, Modu Sheriff, Ekweremandu, Saraki and any other persons on a joint ticket against PMB in 2019 and they will be trounced mercilessly.

Barcanista has lost all relevance and credibility i n this forum. He's confused, directionless and most incoherent in thoughts.
It is about barcanista! It is the reality of chanji. From promise of succour to spreading of further hardship.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by MoreJobsHere: 1:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
foxe:
perhaps you should counter his points

POINTS? I CAN'T SEE ANY

1 Like

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
Didnt read, looks like tears to me.
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by repogirl(f): 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
I am trying to have faith...this one that naira is returning to its senses..... I am hoping all else will follow. Might be a foolish hope though.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by IYANGBALI: 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
In Reekado's voice "if dem like make dem fire the catapult the of envy"

Buhari remains our president till 2023 tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by StoneLucifer: 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by habsydiamond(m): 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
For ur mind I think. I can see an element of opposition party in you. Gerrara here men
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by jaybee3(m): 1:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
I don tire for all these knee jerk analyses that lacks depth Jare

Budget hasn't been passed but yet they keep asking for his head

Phew...Na real wa....
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by anonimi: 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
themilanway:
Talktimi,Anonimi,Ishiamu and rest of the goons came for your head and neck,called you out and names severally.You equally threw poo at them by changing your DM with a message that"Biafrans hate you"and"Ijaw will never be part of Biafra" grin wink cheesy grin.

Please back up your above statement with a credible link of what I am supposed to have posted here.
Otherwise.........

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by bayinq25(m): 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
alrahmanonline:
Barcanista, you're just an evil genius trying to manipulate the brain of your reader, Inside your sincere mind you know that Buhari is the best for this country, because of his doggedness and zero tolerance for corruption... Stop decieving people and say the truth as it is
He wants a nine month old government to fix a country that has been sucked dry by corruption for sixteen years,how logical!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Okobaba1(m): 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
Mr. Tonye Barcanista @ dz point in d life of dz administration I dare say ur judgement is rather to early especially going by d title of ur Post. A man of ur intellect shd understand d processes involved bfr carrying out an evaluation of an adminsitration.

It is definitly nt wrong for Nigerians to complain but to heap blames upon Buhari's govt nd begin to judge d Man wen he has nt even completed is tenure is an unwise step to tk.

A proper evaluation of dz administratn cn only be done at d end of 4yrs nd nt within 1 year. For God's sake it is Nigeria we are talkn abt! Nigeria!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by bayinq25(m): 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
Truth234:
The economy is not in the best shape but when you compared the state of Nigerian economy to similar nations, generating 90% of their foreign revenue from oil you will agree with me that Nigeria is not doing bad at all.

Currently, among such nations, Nigeria is the best in term of investment destination. When you look at emerging-economies, Nigeria is second after China, the 2nd largest economy in the world. Mind you, China has lost over $4 trillion this year, Brazil two years ago was most thriving emerging economy and currently relegated to junk by credit rating, same with Venezuela, Argentina, etc.

In Africa, South Africa is regarded as business powerhouse, but this year alone South Africa has suffered from global financial slowdown and Rand lost about 30% against the US dollar, 2016 economic growth forecast was cut to 0.9% from 1.7%.

The same thing happened to Angola, even after devaluing her currency, Kwanza, slides 40%. Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Asia-Pacific (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, New Zealand, etc) are all suffering from global financial crisis but somehow Nigeria has been able to manage it better.

Please note that this situation is similar to what happened in 2008 (recession), with even lower oil prices but because of 2008 experience, financial institutions, Central banks, etc. are making adjustments to their monetary policies just like this administration is doing. Even at that, Abenomics developed by Abe, Japan Prime Minister has failed. So Nigeria situation is not unique.

This administration is not A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment but of hope, determination and strength, even in the face of global pressure to devalue and succumb to IMF cabal, We stand and soon we will all reap from this administration. Stay positive.

May God continue to enrich you with wisdom..I clicked on the post to find sense in it but logic went into oblivion until I found sanity in,your quote,I'm satisfied as you've said my mind...thanks...please quote often I wish to find more sense not lamentations

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
Too late. Dollars are going down. Our steely eyed CIC held the line.

Keep trying
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by esan1(m): 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
Aromas:

As in the guy ehn Barcanista is just a disgrace to this generation, imagine him table down dis nonsense he pile-up to deceive the people. The guy is working in accordance with his boss Adeyanju Deji
He is not a disgrace, he just say the truth, i did not know y some people hate truth. Maybe u were born with silver spoon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by cnwokike(m): 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nonsense?
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Toks2008(m): 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Virtually every Nigerian from Abia state to Zamfara state is complaining that are things moving from bad to worse in all sphere of the economy. The story is the same from the creeks of Bayelsa state to the deserts of Adamawa state, the rhetoric of mirage of change is growing loud from Ibadan the heart of Yorubaland to Sokoto, the seat of the caliphate. The messianic "government of Change" as promoted by the APC appears to have become a government of Blame and confusion.

While I sympathise with Nigerians, particularly those that sincerely believed, campaigned and stood for General(now President) Muhammadu Buhari during the electioneering period, it is in my opinion that the man, Muhammadu Buhari and his party, APC showed all the signs of unpreparedness for leadership and governance all through the electioneering and even after taking office in May 2015.

Buhari/APC Displyed Signg of Incompetence During Campaign
Firstly, a look at the APC candidate Muhammadu Buhari campaign promise basically are; Asset declaration for the President, his Vice, and his appointees; payment of N5,000 stipend to 25 million unemployed youths, elderly and disabled and free meal per day for pupils and students in public primary and secondary schools respectively; Empowerment of 740,000 graduates annually across the country, provision of 3million jobs per year etc; payment of one year post service benefit to passed out youth corps members(Corpers); Bringing back the kidnapped chibok school girls etc. The list is virtually endless and can be seen here
https://www.naij.com/473147-know-the-81-campaign-promises-of-president-buhari.html

The party presented Nigerians with a glimpse of eldorado even when it they were aware that they lack the capacity nor intellectual ability to fulfil even 10% of their promise. To mask their disability, they shielded General Buhari and Prof Osinbajo from every form of political debate. Instead, they resorted to prepared speech making in Chetham House, London(UK), and padi-padi town hall meeting where participants, who are their party sympathisers and paid agents would discuss pre-arranged questions. Participation in debate would have presented Nigeria electorates the opportunity to know "HOW they intend to achieve the utopia" when the oil price was falling like the walls of Jericho. They relegated debate that would have given Nigerians the benefit of separating campaign promises from the competence of the candidate Buhari. On March 28, 2015, fifteen million Nigerians fell for their "wish list" to thumb-print for the broom with the hope of Change.

...And Started Failing From The Day of Inauguration
After taking over office from predecessor Goodluck Jonathan, reality started dawning on Nigerians and Sai Buharists. Firstly, the adored General and the pious VP refused to publicly declare their assets. In fact, Presidential Spokesman Shehu Garba even told us to go get it from Code of Conduct Bureau. It took about three whole months before the President and his VP released a vague statement, calling it asset declaration. The funny twist is that almost NINE months of taking office, non of President Buhari's appointee has publicly declared their asset. This is in contrast to his campaign promise when he said public asset declaration will be a pre-condition for appointment.

Secondly, like an unprepared man, the President came on board and ran the show with civil servants for SIX months even when the economy was going on comatose. When asked, he echoed that cabinet ministers were noisemakers, and his fans re-echoed same sentiment. We reminded him that civil service is for policy implementation not policy-making but his supporters shouted us down. Today the controversial 2016 appropriation bill that has become a national embarrassment was majorly prepared by the civil servants that Buhari so much trust. In fact, ministers of government repeatedly denounced part of it. For face saving and in the spirit of "scapegoatism", the President fired the DG Budget Office instead of firing himself for allowing the DG Budget to work unsupervised. And by the way, we have a huge budget proposal of N6trillion for 2016, meanwhile more than 70% goes to recurrent expenditure and increased overhead in a period of economic decline. Oil price is pegged at $38 per barrel even when oil was selling under $35 per barrel as at when the budget was presented to the parliament. Where in the world does that happen?

The economy is spiralling downwards but the President in his wisdom is yet to inaugurate an Economic team to bring in immediate and long term solution. Instead, the government rely on "blame game", and prayer session in Medina, Saudi Arabia(when demons aren't responsible for the downturn).

In this our dear Nigeria, electricity has become a scarce commodity, Naira is trying to rival Zimbabwean dollar, price of commodities are shooting up, sachet water aka pure water is fast becoming a premium product selling at N20-N25 per sachet. Instead of job opportunities, thousands are losing their jobs. Very unfortunate. But what do you expect from a government and party that failed to thoroughly appreciate the challenges that we were facing as a country and pitch their promises based on reality? What do you expect from a party that made use of beautiful and colourful speeches and slogans to capture power without any defined plan on how to use power into meeting the needs of the masses? Can one give what he doesn't understand?

As for the growing numbers of disappointed Sai Buhari die-hards that allowed the love they have for the Daura born General to eclipse their sense of inquisition on what their idol is bringing to the table when/if elected, they should take heart because the deed has been done. I sympathise with Nigerians because they'll have to put up for at least three years. We in opposition shall continue to constructively criticise the government while we restructure our party in preparation for Aso Rock takeover in 2019(God sparing our lives).

May God Bless Us All and Bless Our Nigeria

Inasmuch as i respect your opinion,i would like to affirm with no fear of contradiction as well as prejudice that your lopsidedness is a pointer that you are simply bias and unrealistic towards the government of the day..

I just did a fast due diligence on your past threads hoping to see any form of objectivity but i observed that just like Ben bruce,you remained silent all through the tenure of Jonathan but only dim it fit to be highly opinionated after APC took over power.

Ogbeni relax and give this dispensation breathing space.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Gboliwe: 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
Did TonyeBarcanista just jump down into earth? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Stale news.

The terrorist has nothing to offer and has come to kill, steal and destroy. Ask Adamawa folks, it just went booooom that way today

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
The impact of political prediction and party alliance:
Who wouldn't like to see his political predictions come to
pass or his political party to be in power? I think there is
this orgasmic feeling when you tell your friend, who held an opposite view from yours, 'shey I told you that this man can not change anything, not even a light bulb'. The joy of seeing your predictions come to pass seems to surpass the proceeds of gamble/bet. Could this be why "plastic fans" of Manchester United always wish they lose their matches just to see Van Gaal sacked just because they do not like his philosophy? Well, something like that. During the electioneering of 2015 general election, many people gave their views and even after the election was won by the APC, many people were sounded out, especially those that have known our president as military ruler. Different views and predictions mostly informed by party alliance were
recorded, and I tell you that those that made those
predictions, both in favour or against his success as a
president of this country have been watching each of their predictions like a snare just to see that each one comes to pass. There is nothing wrong about giving a preview of someone's performance in office, but everything is wrong when you pray for the 'ill predictions' to come to pass just to feel like prophet Elijah. I have seen youths giving themselves heart attacks anytime they see that there is an improvement in a particular sector of the economy, which may be contrary to their 'ill prediction'. The online beef
amongst the youths is in the increase because of political predictions and party alliance. I would like to go on and on but writers block won't be giving me that chance. I wish you all peace of mind. Work for your future because the right person to change Nigeria is you, and not those you are supporting but no nothing about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by onatisi(m): 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
It is time we sheath our swords and move this nation forward . Aren't we all tired of the way the nation is? Yes it is true buhari isn't up to to task and he is only trying but the question we should ask ourselves is "who has ever been up to the task of leading Nigeria effectively without bias or faults"? None.

He stood his ground against the devaluation of the naira which was a wise move,all kudos to the cbn governor. I think we should just wait till the end of this year before pronouncing a categorical statement of failure on buhari.
Although we will call him out and criticize him as often as possible once he makes any mistakes .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by macaranta(m): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tonye is now a wailer?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Standing5(m): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
Truth234:
The economy is not in the best shape but when you compared the state of Nigerian economy to similar nations, generating 90% of their foreign revenue from oil you will agree with me that Nigeria is not doing bad at all.

Currently, among such nations, Nigeria is the best in term of investment destination. When you look at emerging-economies, Nigeria is second after China, the 2nd largest economy in the world. Mind you, China has lost over $4 trillion this year, Brazil two years ago was most thriving emerging economy and currently relegated to junk by credit rating, same with Venezuela, Argentina, etc.

In Africa, South Africa is regarded as business powerhouse, but this year alone South Africa has suffered from global financial slowdown and Rand lost about 30% against the US dollar, 2016 economic growth forecast was cut to 0.9% from 1.7%.

The same thing happened to Angola, even after devaluing her currency, Kwanza, slides 40%. Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Asia-Pacific (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, New Zealand, etc) are all suffering from global financial crisis but somehow Nigeria has been able to manage it better.

Please note that this situation is similar to what happened in 2008 (recession), with even lower oil prices but because of 2008 experience, financial institutions, Central banks, etc. are making adjustments to their monetary policies just like this administration is doing. Even at that, Abenomics developed by Abe, Japan Prime Minister has failed. So Nigeria situation is not unique.

This administration is not A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment but of hope, determination and strength, even in the face of global pressure to devalue and succumb to IMF cabal, We stand and soon we will all reap from this administration. Stay positive.

Sorry to call your attention with the mention this post will generate. I had to quote it in order to see it appear in another page of this thread. Beautiful post.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by KINGBEN1(m): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
THE JONATHAN'S GOVT IS CLUELESS, BUT THIS ONE IS CLUELESS , HELPLESS AND INEXPERIENCED.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by ishiamu(m): 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
themilanway:
You clearly lost it with a lot of igbo youths who were your major back bone when you bluntly and repeatedly refused to have anything to do with Biafra.

Talktimi,Anonimi,Ishiamu and rest of the goons came for your head and neck,called you out and names severally.You equally threw poo at them by changing your DM with a message that"Biafrans hate you"and"Ijaw will never be part of Biafra" grin wink cheesy grin.

How many months now?You created thread after thread mocking your back bones"Biafrans"

Now you suddenly think you can warm and trick your way into their hearts back? cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

IPOB youths,do you still want barcanista? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Barcanista is a nuisance no matter what he says, he's opinion don't matter to me unless it's spiting the apc cos I hate the both together. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by akike: 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
Blame GEJ
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by dammytosh: 2:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
ishiamu:

Barcanista is a nuisance no matter what he says, he's opinion don't matter to me unless it's spiting the apc cos I hate the both together. Thank you.

You are right. I guess he has lobbied and lobbied but no hope.

Now he is back with crap.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria / IPOB Members Set IPOB Journalist Up In Rivers State,Brutally Attack Him(pics) / Jonathan Calls Gbenga Daniel, Begs Him Not To Leave PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.