Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,025 members, 7,838,574 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment (28870 Views)

Buhari’s First Day Back On Duty, A Loud Disappointment, Aso Rock Sources - SR / Oby Ezekwesili Expresses Disappointment After Police Blocked Them During Protest / This Government Is A Government Of Sadists - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by afoo02(m): 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Virtually every Nigerian from Abia state to Zamfara state is complaining that are things moving from bad to worse in all sphere of the economy. The story is the same from the creeks of Bayelsa state to the deserts of Adamawa state, the rhetoric of mirage of change is growing loud from Ibadan the heart of Yorubaland to Sokoto, the seat of the caliphate. The messianic "government of Change" as promoted by the APC appears to have become a government of Blame and confusion.

While I sympathise with Nigerians, particularly those that sincerely believed, campaigned and stood for General(now President) Muhammadu Buhari during the electioneering period, it is in my opinion that the man, Muhammadu Buhari and his party, APC showed all the signs of unpreparedness for leadership and governance all through the electioneering and even after taking office in May 2015.

Buhari/APC Displyed Signg of Incompetence During Campaign
Firstly, a look at the APC candidate Muhammadu Buhari campaign promise basically are; Asset declaration for the President, his Vice, and his appointees; payment of N5,000 stipend to 25 million unemployed youths, elderly and disabled and free meal per day for pupils and students in public primary and secondary schools respectively; Empowerment of 740,000 graduates annually across the country, provision of 3million jobs per year etc; payment of one year post service benefit to passed out youth corps members(Corpers); Bringing back the kidnapped chibok school girls etc. The list is virtually endless and can be seen here
https://www.naij.com/473147-know-the-81-campaign-promises-of-president-buhari.html

The party presented Nigerians with a glimpse of eldorado even when it they were aware that they lack the capacity nor intellectual ability to fulfil even 10% of their promise. To mask their disability, they shielded General Buhari and Prof Osinbajo from every form of political debate. Instead, they resorted to prepared speech making in Chetham House, London(UK), and padi-padi town hall meeting where participants, who are their party sympathisers and paid agents would discuss pre-arranged questions. Participation in debate would have presented Nigeria electorates the opportunity to know "HOW they intend to achieve the utopia" when the oil price was falling like the walls of Jericho. They relegated debate that would have given Nigerians the benefit of separating campaign promises from the competence of the candidate Buhari. On March 28, 2015, fifteen million Nigerians fell for their "wish list" to thumb-print for the broom with the hope of Change.

...And Started Failing From The Day of Inauguration
After taking over office from predecessor Goodluck Jonathan, reality started dawning on Nigerians and Sai Buharists. Firstly, the adored General and the pious VP refused to publicly declare their assets. In fact, Presidential Spokesman Shehu Garba even told us to go get it from Code of Conduct Bureau. It took about three whole months before the President and his VP released a vague statement, calling it asset declaration. The funny twist is that almost NINE months of taking office, non of President Buhari's appointee has publicly declared their asset. This is in contrast to his campaign promise when he said public asset declaration will be a pre-condition for appointment.

Secondly, like an unprepared man, the President came on board and ran the show with civil servants for SIX months even when the economy was going on comatose. When asked, he echoed that cabinet ministers were noisemakers, and his fans re-echoed same sentiment. We reminded him that civil service is for policy implementation not policy-making but his supporters shouted us down. Today the controversial 2016 appropriation bill that has become a national embarrassment was majorly prepared by the civil servants that Buhari so much trust. In fact, ministers of government repeatedly denounced part of it. For face saving and in the spirit of "scapegoatism", the President fired the DG Budget Office instead of firing himself for allowing the DG Budget to work unsupervised. And by the way, we have a huge budget proposal of N6trillion for 2016, meanwhile more than 70% goes to recurrent expenditure and increased overhead in a period of economic decline. Oil price is pegged at $38 per barrel even when oil was selling under $35 per barrel as at when the budget was presented to the parliament. Where in the world does that happen?

The economy is spiralling downwards but the President in his wisdom is yet to inaugurate an Economic team to bring in immediate and long term solution. Instead, the government rely on "blame game", and prayer session in Medina, Saudi Arabia(when demons aren't responsible for the downturn).

In this our dear Nigeria, electricity has become a scarce commodity, Naira is trying to rival Zimbabwean dollar, price of commodities are shooting up, sachet water aka pure water is fast becoming a premium product selling at N20-N25 per sachet. Instead of job opportunities, thousands are losing their jobs. Very unfortunate. But what do you expect from a government and party that failed to thoroughly appreciate the challenges that we were facing as a country and pitch their promises based on reality? What do you expect from a party that made use of beautiful and colourful speeches and slogans to capture power without any defined plan on how to use power into meeting the needs of the masses? Can one give what he doesn't understand?

As for the growing numbers of disappointed Sai Buhari die-hards that allowed the love they have for the Daura born General to eclipse their sense of inquisition on what their idol is bringing to the table when/if elected, they should take heart because the deed has been done. I sympathise with Nigerians because they'll have to put up for at least three years. We in opposition shall continue to constructively criticise the government while we restructure our party in preparation for Aso Rock takeover in 2019(God sparing our lives). Attention seeker...

May God Bless Us All and Bless Our Nigeria
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by chubhiee: 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2016
Amoto94:
There's harm and benefit and I give consideration to both before taking any decision, and revolution brought more harm than good. I love peace and there's no development in the absence of peace

What 'development' has a 'peaceful' Nigeria offered you? Assuming you are selfish and able to manage and live out your existence with Nigerians current sorry state, what becomes of future generations who are already getting debts heaped on them.That Nigeria is busy begging nations for loans to fund a budget of faaji says alot.

Do you honestly think Nigeria would ever be able to get atleast the basic necessities of human existence like steady supply of public power? Don't be selfish brother but think about a Nigeria you wish to leave behind.
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Amoto94(m): 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
chubhiee:

What 'development' has a 'peaceful' Nigeria offered you? Assuming you are selfish and able to manage and live out your existence with Nigerians current sorry state, what becomes of future generations who are already getting debts heaped on them.That Nigeria is busy begging nations for loans to fund a budget of faaji says alot.

Do you honestly think Nigeria would ever be able to get atleast the basic necessities of human existence like steady supply of public power? Don't be selfish brother bit think about a Nigeria you wish to leave behind.
Let's say you and I start sharing with our families, friends, neighbours, et al and we urge others to do the same via Social Media plus other outlets. By so doing we will reduce poverty to certain level, educating the young ones and the adults thus complementing the efforts of the government. When ever you can contact so that we can move ahead. True revolution is in sharing and changing some of our bad behaviours if not all. The govt is not our sole problem it's we the masses, our leaders are the reflection of our societies.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
I don't like bubu but I believe that we should give this government more time to get it's act together though it has been nearly a year since it was inaugrated
So that by then the population of Nigeria would have reduced by 10% right? Didn't your president saw all these before campaign promises? the price of things are skyrocketing while your president travels from one country to another.
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by blackpriest0911: 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
Wailer continue wailing
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by mecks15(m): 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
@barcanista, sincerely u lack talk. Its even worse that you are condemning an eight month old government when a mess of sixteen years is littered everywhere for Nigerians to see. The economic problem started during the last administration but we all didn't take notice of it because of the elections. Recall that the last administration resorted to borrowing to pay salaries while workers in the states where suffering over unpaid salaries despite the years of boom. Today the federal government is paying without borrowing even in the phase of dwindling revenue. The Naira is firming up against the dollar, after the saboteurs saw that Buhari won't devalued the Naira, they are gradually selling them up and CBN is mopping the excess dollars up. Tell Nigerians wailing around you to be patient and help to take this country back to the glory days, and that includes you.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Okobaba1(m): 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I don't think I've been unfair with the government. A government that is determined to succeed will show sign of commitment and determination from day one. This government is yet to show that. The fight against corruption(which I support openly) is taking a new twist. Nobody wants his country to fail, NOT barcanista. But it doesn't mean we won't draw the attention of the government when they flop.

BTW: As expected, I have seen the "Blame Crew".

Well, to any fair minded person ur assessment is on d short term. Which falls flat wen scrutinized properly. A government dat is yet to see through its budget? U begin to wonder wat d President shd hv done? Visit d parliament evryday to show dt he is working?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Okobaba1(m): 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
I want to let it known to every1 dat I belong to nobody! Just expressing my personal opinion.
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Akiika: 4:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
This Barcanista dude is so myopic, he seem to believe Government can somehow be run by some magic. The level of rot this Government inherited is alarming. The whole Government apparatus rids of large scale corruption and there comes the price of Oil that hit the rock bottom. Call it excuses but they are undeniable reality. This government hasn't performed even to the average level in my opinion too, but it will only get better, they've got a lot of hurdles to scale. Anyone regretting the vote for Buhari over Jonathan is sick!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by chubhiee: 5:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
Amoto94:
Let's say you and I start sharing with our families, friends, neighbours, et al and we urge others to do the same via Social Media plus other outlets. By so doing we will reduce poverty to certain level, educating the young ones and the adults thus complementing the efforts of the government. When ever you can contact so that we can move ahead. True revolution is in sharing and changing some of our bad behaviours if not all. The govt is not our sole problem it's we the masses, our leaders are the reflection of our societies.

The Nigerian masses are already psychologically owned by her politicians! hence, you hear her politicians tell it to their faces that they reserve the absolute right to plunder their commonwealth cos the masses never stoned them! Even a goat revolts when pushed to the wall.

Nigerians have been systematically brainwashed to accept absurdities and sufferings as cool!

You still see same recycled politicians that has contributed into this sorry state still lording it over them while the masses cheers them with Rankadede!

It is my view that until the old gives way for the new, there can never be any meaningful progress save two steps forward and then 20 steps backwards. Nigerians deserve better.
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Forwetinnah: 5:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
Abacha pegged the rate at N21 when the parallel rate at BDCs was N83...

Abacha and his goons, boooooohari inclusive, profited hugely from this official sleaze for a long time.

That is the same thing boooooohari is doing now, apparently in a bid to pay back his campaign donors!

Yet some clowns tell me he is fighting corruption when he is actually the corruption Nigerians never should have allowed in the first place!!

Very pathetic....if not for Ifeanyi Ubah who threatened to expose their charade same way he did the oil cabals during GEJs administration. And you can imagine a looser like the president saying if GEJ was still in power the dollar would have sold for N1k, which means he's very much part of the extortion. The earlier his supporters know how much of a crook this man is, the better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Eluwilussit(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
alrahmanonline:
Barcanista, you're just an evil genius trying to manipulate the brain of your reader, Inside your sincere mind you know that Buhari is the best for this country, because of his doggedness and zero tolerance for corruption... Stop decieving people and say the truth as it is

There's no where in the world that you don't have corruption. You don't spend your entire life chasing only corruption. We can still fight corruption while taking care of our economy and other things. Besides, this anti-corruption is a ruse.
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Amoto94(m): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
chubhiee:

The Nigerian masses are already psychologically owned by her politicians! hence, you hear her politicians tell it to their faces that they reserve the absolute right to plunder their commonwealth cos the masses never stoned them! Even a goat revolts when pushed to the wall.

Nigerians have been systematically brainwashed to accept absurdities and sufferings as cool!

You still see same recycled politicians that has contributed into this sorry state still lording it over them while the masses cheers them with Rankadede!

It is my view that until the old gives way for the new, there can never be any meaningful progress save two steps forward and then 20 steps backwards. Nigerians deserve better.
I will say the society produce the leaders, the solution doesn't lie in replacing the old guards with fresh bloods. The younger generation are far worse than the old guards. I will give an example where revolution has failed to better the lot of people; Libya/Cuba

1 Like

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
Okobaba1:

Well, to any fair minded person ur assessment is on d short term. Which falls flat wen scrutinized properly. A government dat is yet to see through its budget? U begin to wonder wat d President shd hv done? Visit d parliament evryday to show dt he is working?
I think you have to tell whether it is wrong to evaluate the day-to-day and step by step performance of a sitting government. Please also tell what point that I raised is inappropriate and incorrect.
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by LRNZH(m): 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
OP Tonyebarcanista,

Propaganda is your domain and you were good at it.

In economics and many other ventures that require putting out some evidence or employing deductive reasoning to make assertion(s), you have struggled continuously.

I am sincerely surprised that with this, your nous with propaganda is slipping away. You have written junk without proof, not even distorted proof.

Guy, you are definitely losing it.

cc: Modath

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by carinmom(f): 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
senatorbayor:
Can 15 million Nigerians be wrong?

This is just a reaction to your topic.
I was expecting a statistic of those you said were disappointed or is it based on your assumption or presumption like the link below

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/09/01/pmb-100-days-what-nigerians-say-about-buharis-performance-on-security/

More so, I will love to know on which bases are you writing your articles (As an opposition or an analyst ) If you are doing this base on a social analyst and commentator, you are to juxtapose the past govt with this present govt performances using some basic indices and the available resources they all possessed during their reign

In all sincerity, what do you think would have been the state of the nation should GEJ had won. I have once read your article here where you supported the probe of Dasuki ) would GEJ had got the balls to initiate such probe even if it is a smokescreen?

Are we gonna be having such revelations as revealed by those who have openly stated that they actually collected money from Dasuki but never knew it was from arms deal?

More shocking revelations on Dasukigate | Post-Nigeria
http://www.post-nigeria.com/more-shocking-revelations-on-dasukigate/

#dasukigate: Chief Olu Falae Confesses He Got N100m, States Why ...
https://www.nairaland.com/2850789/dasukigate-chief-olu-falae-confesses

Now reacting to your article paragraph by paragraph .

If your claims were that Nigerians had been fooled to have voted for APC and PMB, then you have indirectly concluded that same people were tired of the many lies of previous govt hence the need to try another option.

So funny that you are crying more than the bereaved when those who supported this govt have decided to be patient with it for the next 4 years (being contract signed ) before they decide on next move (if need be). so funny that you did not vote for this govt ,though you chicken out at the die minute due to reasons known to you after you had earlier supported same party you are castigating now. its understandable. You will soon port as usual.

On the campaign promises, without holding brief. This will be used against them should they not fulfilled those that are achievable with the available resources . Nigerians are wiser and would be decisive on any govt that does not match its words with action.

on the asset declaration,

PMB, Osinbajo Make Assets Public | Nigerian News from ...
http://leadership.ng/news/458494/pmb-osinbajo-make-assets-public

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari declares assets - BBC News
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34150508

The contrast was in respect of your principal

President Jonathan Insists, I wont Declare My assets... - Pointblank ...
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/president-jonathan-insists-i-wont-declare-my-assets/

Why I won't make my assets public - President Jonathan - Premium ...
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/5741-i_wont_declare_my_assets.html

on pegging of oil price @38

you will agree with me that a budget is a financial proposal/plan which does not imply actual. A budget is more of speculation , its only when its been approved by the NASS that it becomes an act or appropriation.

You need to understand the workings of budget and its passage. The executive have done its proposal,the NASS will then finalized based on present reality.

GEJ did present a budget with Dollar PB of 77.5 naira while the NASS pegged it at 65.

Despite Drop in Oil Price, FG Sets 2015 Budget Benchmark at $78 ...
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/despite-drop-in-oil-price-fg-sets-2015-budget-benchmark-at-78-bbl/19

As for the Economy , may be you need to be realistic and tell us the type of economy that was handed to this govt. By this, we can then conclude on who is reviving the economy or who destroyed the economy.

JPMorgan: Poor Economic Decision By Okonjo Iweala - Investors King
http://investorsking.com/jpmorgan-poor-economic-decision-by-okonjo-iweala

How Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is Grounding Nigeria's Economy - Naij.com
https://www.naij.com/401860-how-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-is-grounding-nigerias-economy.html

Of what use then was the group of economy team under the leadership of NOI despite her intimidating and challenging profiles and qualifications.
I am sure you will soon appreciate the team to be set up by these administration soon.

Lastly, I look forward to your party re-positioning itself cos their services is needed to provide alternative solutions and constructive criticism where applicable. we look forward to a quick fix of the internal wranglings especially the leadership credibility that has beclouded your party.

Personally, I am less concern cos I am expecting less from them. we the good people of Nigeria have taken the pain to act as check to this govt and equally appraise them as applicable.

Just as you are being patient with your party to get it right, we are equally patient with this govt to fix the damage done by your party.

God bless you

God bless our leaders
God Bless Nigerians

NB: Be more concern with the credibility of the leader of your party as it brings disrepute to our Nation as caption below
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by aresa: 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
Virtually every Nigerian from Abia state to Zamfara state is complaining that are things moving from bad to worse in all sphere of the economy. The story is the same from the creeks of Bayelsa state to the deserts of Adamawa state, the rhetoric of mirage of change is growing loud from Ibadan the heart of Yorubaland to Sokoto, the seat of the caliphate. The messianic "government of Change" as promoted by the APC appears to have become a government of Blame and confusion.

While I sympathise with Nigerians, particularly those that sincerely believed, campaigned and stood for General(now President) Muhammadu Buhari during the electioneering period, it is in my opinion that the man, Muhammadu Buhari and his party, APC showed all the signs of unpreparedness for leadership and governance all through the electioneering and even after taking office in May 2015.

Firstly, a look at the APC candidate Muhammadu Buhari campaign promise basically are; Asset declaration for the President, his Vice, and his appointees; payment of N5,000 stipend to 25 million unemployed youths, elderly and disabled and free meal per day for pupils and students in public primary and secondary schools respectively; Empowerment of 740,000 graduates annually across the country, provision of 3million jobs per year etc; payment of one year post service benefit to passed out youth corps members(Corpers); Bringing back the kidnapped chibok school girls etc. The list is virtually endless and can be seen here
https://www.naij.com/473147-know-the-81-campaign-promises-of-president-buhari.html

The party presented Nigerians with a glimpse of eldorado even when it they were aware that they lack the capacity nor intellectual ability to fulfil even 10% of their promise. To mask their disability, they shielded General Buhari and Prof Osinbajo from every form of political debate. Instead, they resorted to prepared speech making in Chetham House, London(UK), and padi-padi town hall meeting where participants, who are their party sympathisers and paid agents would discuss pre-arranged questions. Participation in debate would have presented Nigeria electorates the opportunity to know "HOW they intend to achieve the utopia" when the oil price was falling like the walls of Jericho. They relegated debate that would have given Nigerians the benefit of separating campaign promises from the competence of the candidate Buhari. On March 28, 2015, fifteen million Nigerians fell for their "wish list" to thumb-print for the broom with the hope of Change.

After taking over office from predecessor Goodluck Jonathan, reality started dawning on Nigerians and Sai Buharists. Firstly, the adored General and the pious VP refused to publicly declare their assets. In fact, Presidential Spokesman Shehu Garba even told us to go get it from Code of Conduct Bureau. It took about three whole months before the President and his VP released a vague statement, calling it asset declaration. The funny twist is that almost NINE months of taking office, non of President Buhari's appointee has publicly declared their asset. This is in contrast to his campaign promise when he said public asset declaration will be a pre-condition for appointment.

Secondly, like an unprepared man, the President came on board and ran the show with civil servants for SIX months even when the economy was going on comatose. When asked, he echoed that cabinet ministers were noisemakers, and his fans re-echoed same sentiment. We reminded him that civil service is for policy implementation not policy-making but his supporters shouted us down. Today the controversial 2016 appropriation bill that has become a national embarrassment was majorly prepared by the civil servants that Buhari so much trust. In fact, ministers of government repeatedly denounced part of it. For face saving and in the spirit of "scapegoatism", the President fired the DG Budget Office instead of firing himself for allowing the DG Budget to work unsupervised. And by the way, we have a huge budget proposal of N6trillion for 2016, meanwhile more than 70% goes to recurrent expenditure and increased overhead in a period of economic decline. Oil price is pegged at $38 per barrel even when oil was selling under $35 per barrel as at when the budget was presented to the parliament. Where in the world does that happen?

The economy is spiralling downwards but the President in his wisdom is yet to inaugurate an Economic team to bring in immediate and long term solution. Instead, the government rely on "blame game", and prayer session in Medina, Saudi Arabia(when demons aren't responsible for the downturn).

In this our dear Nigeria, electricity has become a scarce commodity, Naira is trying to rival Zimbabwean dollar, price of commodities are shooting up, sachet water aka pure water is fast becoming a premium product selling at N20-N25 per sachet. Instead of job opportunities, thousands are losing their jobs. Very unfortunate. But what do you expect from a government and party that failed to thoroughly appreciate the challenges that we were facing as a country and pitch their promises based on reality? What do you expect from a party that made use of beautiful and colourful speeches and slogans to capture power without any defined plan on how to use power into meeting the needs of the masses? Can one give what he doesn't understand?

As for the growing numbers of disappointed Sai Buhari die-hards that allowed the love they have for the Daura born General to eclipse their sense of inquisition on what their idol is bringing to the table when/if elected, they should take heart because the deed has been done. I sympathise with Nigerians because they'll have to put up for at least three years. We in opposition shall continue to constructively criticise the government while we restructure our party in preparation for Aso Rock takeover in 2019(God sparing our lives).

[/s]

See corruption fighting back...

Is the amount the #PDDPhouseOfhunger pay you for this warped trash today enough to buy you even garri.?

Sufferman.....lmao.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
Toks2008:

Inasmuch as i respect your opinion,i would like to affirm with no fear of contradiction as well as prejudice that your lopsidedness is a pointer that you are simply bias and unrealistic towards the government of the day..

I just did a fast due diligence on your past threads hoping to see any form of objectivity but i observed that just like Ben bruce,you remained silent all through the tenure of Jonathan but only dim it fit to be highly opinionated after APC took over power.

Ogbeni relax and give this dispensation breathing space.
Oga in case you weren't told, I never spared GEJ when he was in power until the last minute where I finally pitched tent with voting him simply because of loss of confidence in Project Buhari. That doesn't make me a Jonathanian. In fact, a look at my topics will show where I criticised him not long ago #NoRegret...

Oga make una face issues rather than make me an issue when I'm no public officer.
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by mynd1(f): 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
Adeevah:

A failed and disappointed writer who has failed in the public media and now showcasing is frustration on social media...He has tried so many things, 2016things actually, even failed in delivering his candidate in the last presidential and gubernatorial elections but only successful in one...criticising buhari
in summary,he is a failure abi? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by chubhiee: 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
Amoto94:
I will say the society produce the leaders, the solution doesn't lie in replacing the old guards with fresh bloods. The younger generation are far worse than the old guards. I will give an example where revolution has failed to better the lot of people; Libya/Cuba
The American revolution, French revolution, Haitian revolution, Chinese revolution, Iranian revolution are there as examples.
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Okobaba1(m): 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I think you have to tell whether it is wrong to evaluate the day-to-day and step by step performance of a sitting government. Please also tell what point that I raised is inappropriate and incorrect.

My friend, are you God dat ll carry out a day-by-day evaluation of a complex structure such as Nigeria? Who does dat? With wat parameters? Listen, we see life from d colour of our minds. A proper evaluation of a complex structure such as Nigeria cannot objectively be carried out on a day-by-day or step-by-step basis. You will agree that even in ur personal life dere are so many things you can't carry out step-by-step evaluation on.

My brother Ur topic wud only be correct if things remain like this in 2019. I hope u understand?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Amoto94(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
chubhiee:

The American revolution, French revolution, Haitian revolution, Chinese revolution, Iranian revolution are there as examples.
Haitian Revolution wasn't a success, the same goes for Iranian revolution. As for the Chinese revolution it goes with subjugating the rights of minority groups. All in all revolution is not the best solution to solving problems

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Okobaba1(m): 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

My friend, are you God dat ll carry out a day-by-day evaluation of a complex structure such as Nigeria? Who does dat? With wat parameters? Listen, we see life from d colour of our minds. A proper evaluation of a complex structure such as Nigeria cannot objectively be carried out on a day-by-day or step-by-step basis. You will agree that even in ur personal life dere are so many things you can't carry out step-by-step evaluation on.

My brother Ur topic wud only be correct if things remain like this in 2019. I hope u understand?
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
Okobaba1:

You mean a government shouldn't be assessed until election year? Wow.. You must be a guru
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Okobaba1(m): 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
Maybe u nid me to school U on d meaning of Evaluation. My opinion still remains dat d title of ur "essay" is wrong. If in 2019 things remain like this then we can talk abt this.
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by oluxy(m): 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

As for the growing numbers of disappointed Sai Buhari die-hards that allowed the love they have for the Daura born General to eclipse their sense of inquisition on what their idol is bringing to the table when/if elected, they should take heart because the deed has been done. I sympathise with Nigerians because they'll have to put up for at least three years. We in opposition shall continue to constructively criticise the government while we restructure our party in preparation for Aso Rock takeover in 2019(God sparing our lives).

who is this one way traffic writer? bokonisca

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
onatisi:
It is time we sheath our swords and move this nation forward . Aren't we all tired of the way the nation is? Yes it is true buhari isn't up to to task and he is only trying but the question we should ask ourselves is "who has ever been up to the task of leading Nigeria effectively without bias or faults"? None.

He stood his ground against the devaluation of the naira which was a wise move,all kudos to the cbn governor. I think we should just wait till the end of this year before pronouncing a categorical statement of failure on buhari.
Although we will call him out and criticize him as often as possible once he makes any mistakes .

That's why I like you here, you wail with sense which is typical of any reasonable Yoruba man. My people don't just want to learn and move on...they keep on hating Buhari, thinking Biafra will come thru that.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Toks2008(m): 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga in case you weren't told, I never spared GEJ when he was in power until the last minute where I finally pitched tent with voting him simply because of loss of confidence in Project Buhari. That doesn't make me a Jonathanian. In fact, a look at my topics will show where I criticised him not long ago #NoRegret...

Oga make una face issues rather than make me an issue when I'm no public officer.

Before io made the quoted cooment,i took a quick glance at your threads and observed the lopsidedness which necessitated what i wrote.

However,it is your opinion which is a right you do have but nevertheless i will urge you to wait for 3 full calender years before castigating the new dispensation.

My take.
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by modath(f): 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
LRNZH:
OP Tonyebarcanista,

Propaganda is your domain and you were good at it.

In economics and many other ventures that require putting out some evidence or employing deductive reasoning to make assertion(s), you have struggled continuously.

I am sincerely surprised that with this, your nous with propaganda is slipping away. You have written junk without proof, not even distorted proof.

Guy, you are definitely losing it.

cc: Mod.ath

There are two groups of people who criticise any government' s action or inaction....

Group A.. Take is as a point of duty in order to bring to attention/ warn of pitfalls, errors, then proceed to proffer solutions that will bring out the best in that system....

Group B... Whose "duty' in their job function is to do that irrespective of how out of touch & misinformed it is....

Tonyebarcanista is on the job, he has to deliver as "instructed" allow him, we ALL know his antecedents & modus operandi... I for one take his words with a grain of salt!!

#pdphouseofhunger is real!! Political patronage ti take over. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by chubhiee: 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2016
Amoto94:
Haitian Revolution wasn't a success, the same goes for Iranian revolution. As for the Chinese revolution it goes with subjugating the rights of minority groups. All in all revolution is not the best solution to solving problems
The Haitian revolution in terms of anti slavery and anti colonial insurrection was a success likewise Iran and the birth of it's Islamic republic. Nigeria case deserves much more than revolution. Although her case is unique as a result of religious tribal and party differences which the politicians have maximised and exploited to their full benefits. History has shown that the masses are capable of uniting against extreme poverty,deprivation and every form of injustice when the stars are in perfect ailment. Her politicians should be worried..... very worried!
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by Mylove55(f): 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Yes. I Bought Pure Water for #20 today.
Buhari and APC should refund my #10 balance or else, I am going to court.. Lol
#I_KNOW_MY_RIGHT.
f.o.o.l, why not buy d dirty water for 50 naira because u have money to waste
Re: Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment by toggy: 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nigerians are so selfish and greedy. what's the meaning of all this? i pity you. maybe you don't even know the state of the economy even for the past 15 years. it is worst than what we think. because the current government have refuse to compromise on certain things you think all was well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria / IPOB Members Set IPOB Journalist Up In Rivers State,Brutally Attack Him(pics) / Jonathan Calls Gbenga Daniel, Begs Him Not To Leave PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.