Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype (1903 Views)

"Genotype Issues Have Cost Me Another Relationship" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? / My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by codedvictor(m): 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2016
Please every comment on this topic can save a life and can distroy it, therefore matured comments please

A friend of mine and is girlfriend have been dating for the past one year but there has always been the issue of same genotype (AS & AS) and seriously now it has gotten to the stage of breaking up and my friend is asking me about his plan.
He is actually thinking he should continue with the relationship since test can be conduct for two weeks baby in the womb to know the genotype of the baby and planing to abort the pregnancy if it test to be SS and he came to me for advice but i dont just know what to tell him because every thing you can dream of in a lady can be find in this lady, be it beauty, attitude, respect e. t. C.now the question is do you think the option of aborting any SS pregnancy will really work
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by falconey(m): 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
undecided

Are naija doctors on strike? you want us to tell you if aborting a foetus is cool?

1 Like

Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by cruzita(f): 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
undecided why risk her life and commit murder when it can be avoided?

1 Like

Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by wordbank(m): 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
Abort the marriage rather than the baby, it's hard but it's worth it
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
From the little knowledge I have on Genetics, I think there is only a 25% chance that they are going to give birth to an SS child. So on that basis, I think they are still within the 'safe zone.' They may even end up not even giving birth to an SS child.
If they really love each other, they should stay together. This shouldn't serve as a barrier to their union.

On the issue of aborting the child if it happens to be an SS, well, I am not a medical doctor so I can't really say if aborting an SS child would result in complications or not.
I am never an advocate for abortion though, but I also don't think anyone should raise a child that they don't want.

1 Like

Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by Smartguy001(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
U know is not advisable yet u r still asking us...say we b doctors ?...Abort wot u r mad !!! Stupid you n ur friend angry
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by bunmioguns(m): 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
Decker:
From the little knowledge I have on Genetics, I think there is only a 25 percent chance that they are going to give birth to an SS child. So on that basis, I think they are still within the 'safe zone.' They may even end up not even giving birth to an SS child.
If they really love each other, they should stay together. This shouldn't serve as a barrier to their union.

On the issue of aborting the child if it happens to be an SS, well, I am not a medical doctor so I can't really say if aborting an SS child would result in complications or not.
I am never an advocate for abortion though, but I also don't think anyone should raise a child that they don't want.

Best advice so far
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by thorpido(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
Decker:
From the little knowledge I have on Genetics, I think there is only a 25 percent chance that they are going to give birth to an SS child. So on that basis, I think they are still within the 'safe zone.' They may even end up not even giving birth to an SS child.

That 25% chance does not mean it will occur in one out of four children.It means it could actually be that 25% for every child born i.e if there are four children,two or even all the four could have the SS.There are families with more than one ss child.

It's really not worth it.When you see all the troubles the parents have to go through and even the ss children themselves,you will know it's better not to get into it.

Op,abi na your friend,you are going to abort every pregnancy and keep testing?Not worth it.
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
Decker:
From the little knowledge I have on Genetics, I think there is only a 25% chance that they are going to give birth to an SS child. So on that basis, I think they are still within the 'safe zone.' They may even end up not even giving birth to an SS child.

And in your genetically opined reasoning, you think 25% is a lesser probability. 1 in every 4 and yes, it can be the first.

The Union is a NO NO for me. Better be safe than sorry.
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
It's 25% chance of having SS baby for every pregnancy, who knows if your friend would even be lucky at all? I imagine how the flames of love can be, but the best solution is not to marry. If he insists and is prepared to take the road, has he factored in other things like their Rhesus factors and other things that might add complications?
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by emzila(m): 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
do they know the emotional torture of abortion, love de shak them now abi?
my friends were 7yrs in their relationship before they realised. amidst tears, family members had to put them apart, today they are happily married and appreciate family members for their stand in time of need. your guy need someone to reset his brain even if it will take a hot slap.
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
Decker:

25% chance of getting SS for every pregnancy, it's not a safezone. Get it.
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by barbychick2012(f): 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
I was once in a church, where a sister gave a testimony of her genotype being change after years of persistent prayer,miracle happen I think.
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by Jaydenphoenix: 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
My folks had two SS children out of 4 kids.
As someone that has been in that situation, think they should part ways.
My 2cents
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by saint047(m): 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
They should pray for divine intervention
Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by Sexytemi(f): 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
i don't know anything about medicine or genetics, but from the little have read and seen, i won't advice even my enemy to marry an AS mate, the love might be there now but after one or two SS child(ren) it become regret, hate and had i know, which aint healthy for any marriage.....

And what if all the pregnancy the wife would have turn out SS, does that mean he would abort all his babies for one stupid mistake he could have corrected now?

A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS BETTER THAN A BROKEN MARRIAGE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
Bliv is d key

Ive seen a 50 yr old ss woman in my church very fine nd ok

So with faith all things are possible

People will tink nd make decision and crop God out of it

Did u create urself?

Mehn d 50 yr old woman in my church proved Gods word when he said he will use d foolish things of d world to convince d wise

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Goal Of Dating? / What Does It Mean When Someone Says "I Like Your Stature?" / What Do You Hate Most About Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.