Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) (35419 Views)

'One Million Boys' Gang Kills Woman In Ibadan (Photo) / Chinese Man Arrested At Kano Airport With Over 300K All In N5 Denomination. PICS / Oyo Police Arrest ‘one Million Boys’ Leader, 166 Other Suspects (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by dre11(m): 7:08am On Feb 26, 2016
Three suspected members of One Million boys , a gang in the Badagry area of Lagos State – Sodiq Yinusa, Azeez Ajadi and Idris Abdulganiyu – have been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspects were arrested by the Area K Command, Morogbo, while they were allegedly attempting to rob a church in the J4 area of Seme, Badagry, during a vigil penultimate Friday.

Our correspondent gathered that the police also recovered a double-barrelled locally-made pistol and a toy gun from the suspects.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, 25-year-old Ajadi said the trio had run out of transport fare after they visited their friend in the area, and they decided to go to the church to solicit transport fare when the policemen arrested them.

Ajadi also denied being a member of
One Million boys .

He said, “I am not a One Million boys’ member. The tattoos on my body are just for fashion. The two others and I went to visit our friend in the area, and we ran out of transport money. It was around 11pm.

“We were stranded and we did not know where to turn to for help. Fortunately, we saw a church holding a vigil and we decided to go there. A man was bathing in a shed near the church. We explained our plight to him.

“Instead, he ran away and alerted a vigilance group that brought the police to arrest us.”

Also, Yinusa, 22, who hails from Ede, Osun State, said, “I do not know where the police brought these guns. I dropped out of secondary school, and I am learning a trade. We had gone to the J4 area to see a friend, not for robbery.

“My parents are at home in Seme. They have warned me not to call them again. They are afraid of the police.”

A police source said the trio had other gang members who fled the scene before the policemen arrived in the area, adding that One Million boys members usually lurked in the night to attack pedestrians and gatherings such as parties.

He said, “When they were arrested at the church, they claimed to have lost their transport fare. But how could three men move from Okokomaiko to Seme, Badagry, without having transport fare? They initially drank and lurked in the area till 11pm when it was most conducive for them to strike.

Then they stormed the church.

“We are still looking for other gang members. It was with the help of the vigilance group that the suspects were arrested.”

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, said the suspects would be charged to court as soon as investigations were concluded.

www.punchng.com/suspected-one-million-boys-members-arrested-at-vigil/

1 Like

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 26, 2016
Rob in the house of God. Dem no dey fear God? Very young set of guys. You will stay long in jail guys. Dis dem name sef!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by domopps(m): 7:13am On Feb 26, 2016
They are even younger in look compare to the damages these miscreants have cursed ppl and I also wish they are visited with d same amnt of evil and wickedness inflicted on poor Nigerian

Cheeeers

5 Likes

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by TRADELYN: 7:17am On Feb 26, 2016
This is why I hate to find young kids not school despite govt's efforts at providing free education. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Oladimejyyy(m): 7:17am On Feb 26, 2016
Awon omo ko ri ikan je

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by absoluteSuccess: 7:18am On Feb 26, 2016
Criminals believes in invincibility,
But they are not spirits.
A material being cannot hide forever.

2 Likes

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Gabrielwilliams(m): 7:22am On Feb 26, 2016
oh oooo... so them b humans afterall...how will someone with complete hands and legs be this messed up? youths be looking for #handouts since 1919

2 Likes

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by amzee(m): 7:24am On Feb 26, 2016
Those guys might be innocent.You never can tell.........

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Adaezeagu(f): 7:36am On Feb 26, 2016
They look hungry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Islie: 7:37am On Feb 26, 2016
their faces looks innocent.... but you can't use that to judge a thief

those millions guys are menace to the society

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Booty4me: 7:53am On Feb 26, 2016
This can't be one million boys. Probably other set of robbers

6 Likes

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Joeace3000(m): 11:32am On Feb 26, 2016
a part of the population who will not find something legitimate to survive on.. only looking for people's money to steal when it's obvious poverty is about to drown them..
Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Mediapace: 11:33am On Feb 26, 2016
Am very sure some of those boys are jambite that will write jamb tommorow.
Illuck awaits them a day to exam!

1 Like

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Wadesings: 11:33am On Feb 26, 2016
Them no get joy atall
Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by kuljayms1(m): 11:33am On Feb 26, 2016
#Lobatan.... Evry day for the thief
Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by orijintv(m): 11:33am On Feb 26, 2016
Like If Yu Actually Thought The Gang Members Were One Million In Number grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by OBTMOS(m): 11:33am On Feb 26, 2016
Small boys fa, Nigerians too get the spirit of making it early. Na waitin d push us do bad tin. Wait for God's time which is d best

1 Like

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by kullozone(m): 11:33am On Feb 26, 2016
Hehe...

The tales I've heard about one million boys. Always attacking innocent families.

2 Likes

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Pavore9: 11:34am On Feb 26, 2016
Two accounts of the incident!

1 Like

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by dani1luv: 11:34am On Feb 26, 2016
I usually comment before reading grin grin grin grin
Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by kuljayms1(m): 11:34am On Feb 26, 2016
Joeace3000:
yu
Yu for Yudala
Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by FILEBE(m): 11:34am On Feb 26, 2016
Kill dem all!

1 Like

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by bolt000(m): 11:34am On Feb 26, 2016
End of the road for them. cry
Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by chumada: 11:35am On Feb 26, 2016
Hmmmmmmm ........ sw sha undecided undecided

see their ugly black faces angry

Name checkers over to you grin cheesy
Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by demarc001: 11:35am On Feb 26, 2016
One million heads with nothing
Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Sijo01(f): 11:35am On Feb 26, 2016
Their statement is different from police's own. . . . . Naija police, some of them lie pass Lia Mohammed.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by amunkita(m): 11:35am On Feb 26, 2016
Who took note of the below;
Sodiq Yinusa, Azeez Ajadi and Idris Abdulganiyu

Nwanne anyi from obodo najiria, odi ha na Obara..

Magistrate will be like; You one million boys re hereby sentenced to one million days behind bars.

9 Likes

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by jaksabbey(m): 11:35am On Feb 26, 2016
Oh my goodness, dem be small boiz gan, I wonder y dey can't use their lives for sometin meaningful, dem disgrace there family.

1 Like

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by olatwo(m): 11:36am On Feb 26, 2016
Alhamdulillah
Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 26, 2016
Such young lives being wasted

1 Like

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Sijo01(f): 11:37am On Feb 26, 2016
amzee:
Those guys may be innocent.You never can tell.........

You might not be far from the truth my brother. One of them even said they don't know were the police got the guns from

15 Likes

Re: One Million Boys Members Arrested At Vigil (picture) by Remyboyhefty(m): 11:37am On Feb 26, 2016
Look at wat tinubu cost he brought touts to lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Arrested By Talibans In Afghanistan For Drug Trafficking / Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Ojukwu Lied To Hide Her Identity - Witness Tells Court / Man Brutalises His Wife, Flogs Her With Machete After Disagreement. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.