Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation (16356 Views)

EPL: Michael Emenalo Blamed For Chelsea’s Woes / Why NFF Should Invite Sofia Omidiji To The Falconet Team / Five Coaches NFF Should Have Gun For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Latua(m): 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
I totally agreed with you.maladministration is killing our football.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Goke7: 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
Why are we hypocritical and people of double standards in Nigeria? The reasons oliseh gave for his resignation were the same things keshi was complaining of during his tenure yet we said he lack tactics and man management. We all pushed NFF to disgrace keshi now we are supporting oliseh despite all the personal flaws he had as a coach.

Well am happy the way oliseh disgraced himself and the NFF like the way NFF disgraced keshi.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by dammytosh: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
emmabest2000:
Oliseh is a greedy man ..

Let him go jareee

I guess you just used this statement to secure front page seat.

Cos i don't understand what makes him a greedy man.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by MummyTehillah(f): 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
NFF has always been the problem, bunch of pathetic criminals.

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
So much I don't like Oliseh, he is indeed a man of honour and principle. He does not behave as someone who thirst for wealth. He is not a typical "Nigerian". I wish him well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by jonnieoneng: 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
jerryunit48:
Ha , Oliseh is just a low class coach as simple as that, world class coaches are more criticized ask Morinho , I will only believe the no support one from NFF

Pls lets not be acting holy Mary here.Can u work with people who treat u like trash and wants result all the same.Oliseh has done the right thing.I for one doubted his ability though but everyone deserves a chance.The truth must be told,it is time for us to dismantle the NFF.They and not our coaches are the source of our problems all along.

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Sunnypa11(m): 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
Oliseh was not morally okay....Money is not everything,He had issue with senior players forcing vincent and emenike to retire,He called NFF winch for his sickness,he also yab his ex-teammates and called some of them benchwarmers.....Above all,He said we are insane
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Nelgenius4me(m): 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
Op you spoke my mind, how can the NFF who want success withhold resources to achieve the said success? If the coach fails we are often quick to criticise him while he is denied the tools to succeed. Oliseh did the right thing- let no one come and shout patroticism when those in government are squandering tax payers money for frivolities. It is in Nigeria we pay salaries and allowances and we assume it is a favour to do such. The labourer is worthy of his wages.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by breakeven: 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
Oliseh resignation is in order. How can a man be given a job and not given all that he need to succeed. he is not like the typical Nigeria coach who want to manage and fail and he will be blamed. The NFF do not know what they want, they are a bunch of confused and corrupt set of people.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by abid4akin(m): 5:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
You can get updates of trends like this on our whatsapp group, you'll meet sport analyst and critics here.

We also forecast and share bet codes. Drop your whatsapp contact with your name/nick so I can add you up.
Thanks
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
robosky02:
Why NFF Should be blamed for Olisehs’ Resignation

While it is easy to blame and castigate Oliseh as insensitive for resigning just before an important game. it is also important to see why he made his decision and why the NFF should bear the blame.

1.They refuse to pay the coach as at when due.

2. They sack his backroom staff (Tijani Babangida) against his wish. The same thing they did to Stephen Keshi when they sack his assistant whom he has to pay by himself.

3. They kill players moral. Example the CHAN eagles were not paid bonus as at when due. How do you expect them to perform magic?

4. Taking a games to a venue even against the wish of the coach and players
The formula in football is “don’t change a winning team”. So if they are getting the result in Port Harcourt why change the venue at a most crucial game. The same thing they did that cost us qualification for world cup

5. They refuse to fund the coach’s trip to monitor his players.
Do you expect him to use his personal money for national assignment, which NFF or senator will do that?

6. Lack of total support and backing to the coach.
In the words of

Oliseh: “Due to Contract violations, lack of Support, Unpaid wages, Benefits to my players, Asst. Coaches & myself, I resign as Super Eagles Chief Coach.”

7. Complete lack of Focus.
While Egypt is taking the game against Nigeria with all seriousness having line up a friendly Burkina Faso to fine tone their strategy.
Nigeria has no plan for friendly, no plan for any good camping not even the players needed have been invited. Instead they are insisting the coach should come and defend those he wants to invite.

Note: NFF should be blamed if we don’t qualify for AFCON

. Oliseh was just smarting around when he was looking for the coaching job, he succeeded in criticizing and pulling down former coaches and Ex internationals Stephen Keshi and Samson Siasia(his former national team mates), rather than supporting them. Imagine he has not experienced 1 tenth of what his contemporaries went through b4 throwing the towel. He has himself to blame, cos he lacked the mental strength and character to withstand the pressure in the game. Considering the fallout between him and Enyeama, it goes to show his lack of indepth and managerial ability in the game. Additional, he was totally confused when he went to social media to vent his anger on the NFF saying some pple in the glass house are after his life. The list of his deficiencies as regards the demand of the job is unending. What I'll advice him to do is to go and be mentored in the game, cos many great coaches did it at one pointer the other. Most times its not all about the certificates but about learning on the job.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 6:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
robosky02:

Nigeria's AFCON hopes in tatters after Oliseh shock exit
by Staff Reporter

Friday Feb 26, 2016. 13:52

Nigeria’s campaign for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations has suffered a massive setback after coach Sunday Oliseh quit on Thursday.

Oliseh, who is just eight months into a three-year contract, said he quit after he did not enjoy the support of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), who also breached his contract severally.

And this comes just a month to a crunch home game against Egypt in the northern town of Kaduna with the reverse leg two days later in Cairo.

He is owed at least four months’ pay and has been unable to tour Europe as proposed to visit some of the country’s top stars ahead of crucial Nations Cup qualifiers against seven-time champions Egypt.

“We have received Oliseh’s resignation and we will meet and decide on what next,” said a shaken NFF general secretary Mohammed Sanusi, who spoke from Zurich where delegates have gathered for today’s FIFA presidential polls.

Last year, Nigeria failed to defend the Nations Cup title they won in 2013 in South Africa after they were upstaged by South Africa and Congo Brazzaville in the qualifiers.

The three-time African champions are also in danger of missing out on a second straight tournament as they are two points behind Egypt after two rounds of matches with only the overall group winners guaranteed automatic qualification to next year’s competition in Gabon.

Former national team official Ben Alaiya said Oliseh’s resignation has further compromised the country’s qualification chances.

“It’s a shock. He should not have quit, it was like abandoning the ship in the middle of the sea. It was a big slap to 180 million Nigerians,” he said.

“But we must move ahead and look at the options because we have very important games against Egypt next month.”

Former Nigeria international Dosu Joseph said the NFF must move quickly to appoint a successor to stay on track for Gabon 2017.

“Many of us saw this coming, but we now need to move forward because we have beat Egypt at least at home or else kiss goodbye to the Nations Cup,” he warned.

“The NFF must now sit up for the matches against Egypt because it will be a disaster if we failed again to qualify for the Nations Cup.”

Former Nigeria coaches Shuabu Amodu and Samson Siasia are the early front runners as caretaker coaches before a substantive coach is named.

The experienced Amodu has severally handled the Eagles, qualifying Nigeria to the 2002 and 2014 World Cups, and he is currently the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) technical director.

Siasia posted a short stint as Eagles between 2010 and 2011. He was sacked after he failed to qualify Nigeria to the 2012 Nations Cup jointly hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

Emmanuel Amuneke, who has been promoted to the Under-20 national team after he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth FIFA U17 World Cup in November, could also be considered for the country’s top coaching post.

However, it is expected that Salisu Yusuf, who has assisted Oliseh, will stay on to be a link between the coach and the team his former boss was trying to build before he threw in the towel.

cc:lalasticlala
http://mtnfootball.com/news/614561/Nigerias-AFCON-hopes-in-tatters-after-Oliseh-shock-exit
. Non of Oliseh's complains that are new cos Christian Chukwu, Amodu, Siasia, and keshi all experienced it. What else?
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by oluwasegun007(m): 6:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sunday f.up....NFF no serioz....abeg
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by 1freshdude: 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
excel101:
. Oliseh was just smarting around when he was looking for the coaching job, he succeeded in criticizing and pulling down former coaches and Ex internationals Stephen Keshi and Samson Siasia(his former national team mates), rather than supporting them. Imagine he has not experienced 1 tenth of what his contemporaries went through b4 throwing the towel. He has himself to blame, cos he lacked the mental strength and character to withstand the pressure in the game. Considering the fallout between him and Enyeama, it goes to show his lack of indepth and managerial ability in the game. Additional, he was totally confused when he went to social media to vent his anger on the NFF saying some pple in the glass house are after his life. The list of his deficiencies as regards the demand of the job is unending. What I'll advice him to do is to go and be mentored in the game, cos many great coaches did it at one pointer the other. Most times its not all about the certificates but about learning on the job.

Your talking about frivolities like an average Nigerian ignoring the real issue!
Olishe is straight forward and a no nonsense man, he wouldn't take rubbish from the stupid thieves managing NFF withholding his salary and asking him to feature their players so that they could sell them.

Nigeria is in trouble as a lot of the youths are stupid and cannot decipher were to channel their anger. A man tells you that him and his boys have not been paid for 4 months when the money is there and instead of people asking for the reason he was not payed and what happens to his salary every person is talking bullshit all over the place. People who have achieved nothing worthwhile in their lives rush online to advice successful celebrity's like they no shit!

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by mildflame: 6:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
dammytosh:

All the people who went through NONE PAYMENT of salary and hung onto NFF as if their future depend on it are simply MEDIOCRES.

You know what i like about his resignation, When Keshi submitted CV for a job, he was sacked for breach of contract.

When Oliseh heard about offer of 100,000 dollars a month for another coach, he quitted ove same breach of contract.

1. 5 MONTHS without salary

2. No accomodation in Nigeria against agreement

3. No motivation for the boys who will do the job

4. Him reporting to SHUABU AMODU ... WHAT AN INSULT.

They set him to fail and he did the smartest thing. Pull the trigger before they do.
By resigning using TWITTER? The guy should have done one on one and tell them OFF. NFF is ever USELESS, Oliseh don't give a 4k about Nigerians that's is why if I catch 4FESTAC I go SLAP am BAD
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by dammytosh: 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
mildflame:

By resigning using TWITTER? The guy should have done one on one and tell them OFF. NFF is ever USELESS, Oliseh don't give a 4k about Nigerians that's is why if I catch 4FESTAC I go SLAP am BAD

He sent them a resignation letter.

He only announced on twitter.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 6:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
1freshdude:

Your talking about frivolities like an average Nigerian ignoring the real issue!
Olishe is straight forward and a no nonsense man, he wouldn't take rubbish from the stupid thieves managing NFF withholding his salary and asking him to feature their players so that they could sell them.

Nigeria is in trouble as a lot of the youths are stupid and cannot decipher were to channel their anger. A man tells you that him and his boys have not been paid for 4 months when the money is there and instead of people asking for the reason he was not payed and what happens to his salary every person is talking bullshit all over the place. People who have achieved nothing worthwhile in their lives rush online to advice successful celebrity's like they no shit!
. Yes Oliseh was a success as a player but not as a coach, concerning advice, every wise man either a success or a failure still learns from others (that are either successful or not). Though u weren't direct from your statement. Even from the Book of Books(Bible). It was stated that we ought to learn from the ants, from how they live, talkless of your fellow human. Be matured nd grow up. Its persons like u that graduates with a pass, after spending 7yrs from the university, cos u dnt listen to advice. I knw you're one of them. Nonentity
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by mildflame: 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
dammytosh:

He sent them a resignation letter.

He only announced on twitter.

Anyway I go still SLAP am becos I know how I support him 2d last, now him come FALL my HAND
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by dammytosh: 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
mildflame:

Anyway I go still SLAP am becos I know how I support him 2d last, now him come FALL my HAND

My brother as much as i am not happy he left.

I just sat down and ask myself, can i allow any organization owe me 5 months salary ?

My answer is NO. People need my expertise more than that.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by basadenet: 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
He should thank God for resigning, if not he would have been fired.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
1freshdude:

. Concerning unpaid salaries, Oliseh is the biggest fool on earth, cos he should have known that from history indigenous coaches are always being owed salaries in Nigeria. Mr is this not a fact? What's so special about him (an inexperience coach) that will make his case different from others b4 him. The truth is Oliseh is a failure that is afraid of failing. Failing doesn't make u a failure( wen u fail u try again), but the fear of failing is what makes u a failure. This is the main reason i blived dat made him to resigned. Oliseh a no nonsense guy indeed.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by rapmike(m): 7:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
mildflame:
Ogbeni this is no NEWS, every other coach have gone thru same. He is a STUPID FOOL I so supported and he has got no EXCUSE

Tell them. When they sacked Keshi everyone was jubliating like say he was the worst thing that happened, meanwhile there was an NFF that threatened him early in that stint with sack ( while we were at AFCON), refused to pay him his salaries and kept delaying his plans. No one said anything about NFF then, even this Oliseh was going around dicing Keshi tactics like its only tactics that is involved in football. None of those pitying Oliseh said or did anything against NFF.

Now, because its Oliseh, NFF is at fault for everything.

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by rapmike(m): 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nelgenius4me:
Op you spoke my mind, how can the NFF who want success withhold resources to achieve the said success? If the coach fails we are often quick to criticise him while he is denied the tools to succeed. Oliseh did the right thing- let no one come and shout patroticism when those in government are squandering tax payers money for frivolities. It is in Nigeria we pay salaries and allowances and we assume it is a favour to do such. The labourer is worthy of his wages.

Why people are attacking him is not for patriotism sake. Oliseh is right about the salary issues and all that, but the questions I want to ask are these:
1) Why is it that Oliseh never takes responsibility for anything that goes wrong under him? He had squabbles with Enyeama and made him leave the National team, he isolated Emenike and that one left too, there has not been a game that he managed that we were impressive, he keeps blaming others for issues (Enyeama, Emenike, pitch, NFF, 'spiritual attackers*am not sure if those were his actual words*) etc? Nothing was ever his fault.
2) Why did he go into the job if he knew he could not bear months without salary? Almost every local coach that has managed the Super Eagles has had this problem. Does he want to say that he did not make research about NFF's habits or quirks?
3) Why did he attack the likes of Siasia and Keshi when they struggled with the national team when he can't take the same treatment?

In as much as I have nothing personal against him and his decision, the fact is that he came into the position with so much expectation and he disappointed us badly. That's why many people are angry at him.

2 Likes

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by mildflame: 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
dammytosh:

My brother as much as i am not happy he left.

I just sat down and ask myself, can i allow any organization owe me 5 months salary ?

My answer is NO. People need my expertise more than that.

Bro this is 9ja he knows what is obtainable here, 5month salary is even small compare to the others who have been there. So what has he achieve with SUPER EAGLES as a coach? Me I don't want a foreign COACH n I so DESPISE the NFF. Who is going to bring them to their knees?
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 7:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
robosky02:
Why NFF Should be blamed for Olisehs’ Resignation

While it is easy to blame and castigate Oliseh as insensitive for resigning just before an important game. it is also important to see why he made his decision and why the NFF should bear the blame.

1.They refuse to pay the coach as at when due.

2. They sack his backroom staff (Tijani Babangida) against his wish. The same thing they did to Stephen Keshi when they sack his assistant whom he has to pay by himself.

3. They kill players moral. Example the CHAN eagles were not paid bonus as at when due. How do you expect them to perform magic?

4. Taking a games to a venue even against the wish of the coach and players
The formula in football is “don’t change a winning team”. So if they are getting the result in Port Harcourt why change the venue at a most crucial game. The same thing they did that cost us qualification for world cup

5. They refuse to fund the coach’s trip to monitor his players.
Do you expect him to use his personal money for national assignment, which NFF or senator will do that?

6. Lack of total support and backing to the coach.
In the words of

Oliseh: “Due to Contract violations, lack of Support, Unpaid wages, Benefits to my players, Asst. Coaches & myself, I resign as Super Eagles Chief Coach.”

7. Complete lack of Focus.
While Egypt is taking the game against Nigeria with all seriousness having line up a friendly Burkina Faso to fine tone their strategy.
Nigeria has no plan for friendly, no plan for any good camping not even the players needed have been invited. Instead they are insisting the coach should come and defend those he wants to invite.

Note: NFF should be blamed if we don’t qualify for AFCON

. Owing of salaries which i blive is the major issue, Is not just NFF per se, it is a system thing. Take a look @ our clubs, players and coaches are being owed for full season, m not justifying it, cos its totally wrong for a professional not to be paid for his services. You are in a country where workers are being owed salary for long period of time, as bad as the system is even the Almighty Federal Govt. are owing salaries. All these i blive shouldn't be new to Oliseh, or does Oliseh live in Euro/america? During his playing days there were some they were being owed match bonus and return tickets......These are facts
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
1freshdude:

You will not achieve what I have achieved in life even if you spend 200years on earth!
. Mr man funny enough after these noise u made, u'll go home and soak garri this night. Hungry man.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Dallaslaurel: 8:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
maestroferddi:
Are you for real?

Oliseh's resignation should be the best thing happening to our football in recent times.

That dude is a disaster waiting to happen. He appeared hell-bent on taking the progress made so far at least ten years
back.

No sentiments here.
i agree with you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nusara Suknamai: Leicester Refuse To Pay Compensation To Family After Crash / Barcelona Expects Chelsea Bid For Coutinho If Their Transfer Ban Is Delayed / Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.