Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation (16358 Views)

EPL: Michael Emenalo Blamed For Chelsea’s Woes / Why NFF Should Invite Sofia Omidiji To The Falconet Team / Five Coaches NFF Should Have Gun For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

I sound silly? Has it come to insults

Do you think Kesh Siasia and co didn't face the same issues Oliseh faced. Oliseh sat in an air conditioned TV studio saying all the nice things about strategy. You think Keshi and Co don't have such high sounding ideas. Until you know the way things work on the inside everything looks easy.
. My bro, you've spoken well. This is end of discussion.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by airsaylongcon: 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
excel101:
. My bro, you've spoken well. This is end of discussion.

Well said. Nuff respect.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 8:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
jerryunit48:
Ha , Oliseh is just a low class coach as simple as that, world class coaches are more criticized ask Morinho , I will only believe the no support one from NFF
mtchewwww............high class Nlder.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by 1freshdude: 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
excel101:
. Mr man u talk like a baby. You know what u're? An empty vessel and a no person. Weakling, that brags in social media nd nothing in reality. Experience has thought me that a successful person never looks down on his fellow human. Cos u just did a supply of #20,000, every other person is now small. Poverty is even small, i classify u in the class of penury, cos penury is the height of poverty.

Sorry am not on your level..no vex!
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by justjify(m): 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
[size=18pt]In the voice of the sports minister .... SACK NFF angry angry [/size]
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by robosky02(m): 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
Collinsc252:
On sunday Oliseh 's resignation :

It's very unfortunate that it happened at this critical moment of our Nation's football .
I also shared on sentiments of Nigerians and their football managers (NFF ).
Can we be objective to this scenario ,according to his twitter msg and the interview of his colleague Tijani Babangida by channels television this morning,Oliseh and his coaching crew were not getting required financial and psychological cooperation to execute their responsibilities from NFF who employed them .
Unfortunately For NFF and Nigerian football fans Oliseh is a personality that refuses to work with bare hands,empty stomach and moral support.A personality that refuses to soil his hands in immoral,unethical,corrupt and other compromising behaviors just to be Head coach of super eagle.
Unfortunately we belong to a society where some abnormal practices are termed normal,where emotions,sentiments and sympathies rule.Just like any other Nigerian institutions Members of NFF are more interested in what enters their private pockets rather than taken care of players and the officials.
To my understanding Oliseh acted professionally,ethically and for the best interest of Nigerian football.Such action is welcomed and it served right to NFF.

thank you jareeeeee

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by robosky02(m): 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
we must start doing things right
if a foreign coach is hired they pay wella

why not pay and creat the right environment?
for our best local coach to survive

excel101:
. Owing of salaries which i blive is the major issue, Is not just NFF per se, it is a system thing. Take a look @ our clubs, players and coaches are being owed for full season, m not justifying it, cos its totally wrong for a professional not to be paid for his services. You are in a country where workers are being owed salary for long period of time, as bad as the system is even the Almighty Federal Govt. are owing salaries. All these i blive shouldn't be new to Oliseh, or does Oliseh live in Euro/america? During his playing days there were some they were being owed match bonus and return tickets......These are facts
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by bidak(m): 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
As much as NFF had wrong oliseh and all the excuses he mentioned,i still he is still wrong resigning at this crucial point when we have two important matches coming he will always be remembered as a coward who resigned because he knows he is not good even to make nigeria qualify
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by MrBUN86(m): 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
He is a big fool. when Keshi was d manager, he was running his mouth like typritter on the media. He tot it was so easy. Nonsense. How does this affect the Nigerian economy self.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by robosky02(m): 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
bidak:
As much as NFF had wrong oliseh and all the excuses he mentioned,i still he is still wrong resigning at this crucial point when we have two important matches coming he will always be remembered as a coward who resigned because he knows he is not good even to make nigeria qualify

the truth is he was been set up to fail and be sacked
he was wiser to quit before the sack
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by abid4akin(m): 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
You can get updates of trends like this on our whatsapp group, you'll meet sport analyst and critics here. Drop your whatsapp contact with your name/nick.
Thanks
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 10:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
1freshdude:

. You casted the first stone. Don't to insult people on social media if u lack the staying power to receive same dose of it in return, if u think u're comfortable doesn't mean that others are not doing fine and lastly, u have a right not to agree with someone's opinion, but not insulting his person. U can be Mr President but on social media u're nothing. From this statement u made dat m replying, it shows how classless u're. Just busy proving nothing but ur emptiness. DULLARD.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 10:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
1freshdude:

. You casted the first stone. U Don't insult people on social media if u lack the staying power to receive same dose of it in return, if u think u're comfortable doesn't mean that others are not doing fine and lastly, u have a right not to agree with someone's opinion, but not insulting his person. U can be Mr President but on social media u're nothing. From this statement u made dat m replying, it shows how classless u're. Just busy proving nothing but ur emptiness. DULLARD.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by abid4akin(m): 11:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
You can get updates of trends like this on our whatsapp group, you'll meet sport analyst and critics here.

We also forecast and share bet codes. Drop your whatsapp contact with your name/nick so I can add you up.
Thanks
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 11:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
1freshdude:

You are a very stupid kid(I don't think you are a man or you will talk more intelligently) why not pray not to get payed after you work? Foolish people!
So when Oliseh was mouth running Keshi (wen Keshi was the national team coach) all the while, would he say dat he did not know dat Keshi was being owed about 5months salary? Oliseh today is being seriously attacked as regards the reasons he gave for his resignation cos he was insensitive on his predecessor's similar plight. Oliseh should know dat under Keshi Nigeria won 2013 AFCON & 2014 world cup ticket, likewise Togo in 2006. Thank God Oliseh was given a similar platform but he chickened out. I still repeat dat he's afraid of losing........ Baba Keshi tuale for u.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 11:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
1freshdude:

You are a very stupid kid(I don't think you are a man or you will talk more intelligently) why not pray not to get payed after you work? Foolish people!
. Oh! I never knew that i responded to this slowpoked slowpoke comment again. Mr from Yaba left gud9t
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by mikolo80: 2:49am On Feb 27, 2016
robosky02:

Nigeria's AFCON hopes in tatters after Oliseh shock exit
by Staff Reporter

Friday Feb 26, 2016. 13:52

Nigeria’s campaign for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations has suffered a massive setback after coach Sunday Oliseh quit on Thursday.

Oliseh, who is just eight months into a three-year contract, said he quit after he did not enjoy the support of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), who also breached his contract severally.

And this comes just a month to a crunch home game against Egypt in the northern town of Kaduna with the reverse leg two days later in Cairo.

He is owed at least four months’ pay and has been unable to tour Europe as proposed to visit some of the country’s top stars ahead of crucial Nations Cup qualifiers against seven-time champions Egypt.

“We have received Oliseh’s resignation and we will meet and decide on what next,” said a shaken NFF general secretary Mohammed Sanusi, who spoke from Zurich where delegates have gathered for today’s FIFA presidential polls.

Last year, Nigeria failed to defend the Nations Cup title they won in 2013 in South Africa after they were upstaged by South Africa and Congo Brazzaville in the qualifiers.

The three-time African champions are also in danger of missing out on a second straight tournament as they are two points behind Egypt after two rounds of matches with only the overall group winners guaranteed automatic qualification to next year’s competition in Gabon.

Former national team official Ben Alaiya said Oliseh’s resignation has further compromised the country’s qualification chances.

“It’s a shock. He should not have quit, it was like abandoning the ship in the middle of the sea. It was a big slap to 180 million Nigerians,” he said.

“But we must move ahead and look at the options because we have very important games against Egypt next month.”

Former Nigeria international Dosu Joseph said the NFF must move quickly to appoint a successor to stay on track for Gabon 2017.

“Many of us saw this coming, but we now need to move forward because we have beat Egypt at least at home or else kiss goodbye to the Nations Cup,” he warned.

“The NFF must now sit up for the matches against Egypt because it will be a disaster if we failed again to qualify for the Nations Cup.”

Former Nigeria coaches Shuabu Amodu and Samson Siasia are the early front runners as caretaker coaches before a substantive coach is named.

The experienced Amodu has severally handled the Eagles, qualifying Nigeria to the 2002 and 2014 World Cups, and he is currently the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) technical director.

Siasia posted a short stint as Eagles between 2010 and 2011. He was sacked after he failed to qualify Nigeria to the 2012 Nations Cup jointly hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

Emmanuel Amuneke, who has been promoted to the Under-20 national team after he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth FIFA U17 World Cup in November, could also be considered for the country’s top coaching post.

However, it is expected that Salisu Yusuf, who has assisted Oliseh, will stay on to be a link between the coach and the team his former boss was trying to build before he threw in the towel.

cc:lalasticlala
http://mtnfootball.com/news/614561/Nigerias-AFCON-hopes-in-tatters-after-Oliseh-shock-exit
him no know all these one wen him apply. which kin mumu learner him be
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by princejayboss: 3:02am On Feb 27, 2016
excel101:
. Yes Oliseh was a success as a player but not as a coach, concerning advice, every wise man either a success or a failure still learns from others (that are either successful or not). Though u weren't direct from your statement. Even from the Book of Books(Bible). It was stated that we ought to learn from the ants, from how they live, talkless of your fellow human. Be matured nd grow up. Its persons like u that graduates with a pass, after spending 7yrs from the university, cos u dnt listen to advice. I knw you're one of them. Nonentity

Bro ... You are so so wrong.... This one problem with you guys in Africa.... And that's why the world treats us like sh*ts.... NFF has no dam right to owe him a month wage ... Why taking the team to kaduna to play Egypt.... Same the that Vincent eyeama complained and he got suspended.... Sentiment will cripple Nigeria soon....
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 7:08am On Feb 27, 2016
princejayboss:

Bro ... You are so so wrong.... This one problem with you guys in Africa.... And that's why the world treats us like sh*ts.... NFF has no dam right to owe him a month wage ... Why taking the team to kaduna to play Egypt.... Same the that Vincent eyeama complained and he got suspended.... Sentiment will cripple Nigeria soon....
Oga check the post u are commenting to, did i said anything like being owed? I just responded to someone comment in an advisory level. Next time, you read and digest b4 reacting. Ok, was Oliseh not the chief critic of Keshi(despite dat he excelled) When Keshi was being owed about 5months salary, likewise Amodu, Siasia and coaches of the various youth teams? What's so special about him dat he'll be given preference. Moreover he has no experience. He's not even qualified enough if he has gone through a proper screening. 9ja was even trying to help him by giving him a platform to kick start a coaching career.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by bong4(m): 9:20am On Feb 27, 2016
excel101:
. Concerning unpaid salaries, Oliseh is the biggest fool on earth, cos he should have known that from history indigenous coaches are always being owed salaries in Nigeria. Mr is this not a fact? What's so special about him (an inexperience coach) that will make his case different from others b4 him. The truth is Oliseh is a failure that is afraid of failing. Failing doesn't make u a failure( wen u fail u try again), but the fear of failing is what makes u a failure. This is the main reason i blived dat made him to resigned. Oliseh a no nonsense guy indeed.

You just accused someone of getting a pass after spending 7 years in the university and your english is as bad as this? You start a sentence with full stop and use present tense for a reported speech? Please address the issue on ground and stop attacking personalities.

That you owed others salary isn't a guarantee that you should owe me. Are the NFF members not being paid theirs? Do you know that the u 17 guys that won the fifa u 17 world cup were paid #350'000 even when the FG paid #400,000 to each player? Oliseh may be a Nigerian but he doesn't need that mentality of working while others are eating. He was smart to resign before they messed him up.

You think Siasia will stomach this nonsence. Maybe Amuneke but definitely not Siasia.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 10:15am On Feb 27, 2016
bong4:

You just accused someone of getting a pass after spending 7 years in the university and your english is as bad as this? You start a sentence with full stop and use present tense for a reported speech? Please address the issue on ground and stop attacking personalities.

That you owed others salary isn't a guarantee that you should owe me. Are the NFF members not being paid theirs? Do you know that the u 17 guys that won the fifa u 17 world cup were paid #350'000 even when the FG paid #400,000 to each player? Oliseh may be a Nigerian but he doesn't need that mentality of working while others are eating. He was smart to resign before they messed him up.

You think Siasia will stomach this nonsence. Maybe Amuneke but definitely not Siasia.
. U said the English is bad, but the only error u observed was starting a sentence with a full stop. Look @ urs #350'000 instead of #350,000 and your pain was cos i said "you just react to a comment without reading it properly". So next time u read b4 responding, ok?
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 10:26am On Feb 27, 2016
bong4:

You dnt just know what u're saying. Go through his response to my first post. It goes to show dat u're not indepth and detailed enough. Guy use ur brain first, b4 ur hands....
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2016
princejayboss:

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by olaneyo18: 11:17am On Feb 27, 2016
Did you think the reason you stated above led to Oliseh resignation from the national team? if yes i will disagree with you because if this man has not being paid he will not tender any resignation letter. I want you to believe that we are all Nigerian and the fear Pharaoh of Egypt cause that action from him
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by robosky02(m): 11:54am On Feb 27, 2016
olaneyo18:
Did you think the reason you stated above led to Oliseh resignation from the national team? if yes i will disagree with you because if this man has not being paid he will not tender any resignation letter. I want you to believe that we are all Nigerian and the fear Pharaoh of Egypt cause that action from him

fear of who pharaohs?

you must be joking

if you check what Oliseh complained about its not far from what Keshi also complained....
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by mindtricks: 7:41am On Feb 28, 2016
airsaylongcon:
Everyone screaming to defend Oliseh should take note of this. While he sat at supersports studio criticising and fantasising about how he would push a player into more attacking or shutdown a game, Keshi and all other Coaches were roasting. Going for months unpaid. But none of them ever ran in the face of battle. Keshi was owed months of salary and he didn't resign.

Mr Oliseh please next time don't run your mouth if you know you can't stand the pressure. Only those in the kitchen know how hot d fire is

In similar manner like you will love to go on for months on your job without salary, after all its just "normal"?
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by airsaylongcon: 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
mindtricks:

In similar manner like you will love to go on for months on your job without salary, after all its just "normal"?

Oh no! Most definitely not. But was he unaware that NFF persistently owe salaries? In his analysis prior to taking the job he must have factored that in as a risk. And I believe it must have been a risk he was willing to live with if not he would not have taken it.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by princejayboss: 12:15am On Feb 29, 2016
excel101:
Oga check the post u are commenting to, did i said anything like being owed? I just responded to someone comment in an advisory level. Next time, you read and digest b4 reacting. Ok, was Oliseh not the chief critic of Keshi(despite dat he excelled) When Keshi was being owed about 5months salary, likewise Amodu, Siasia and coaches of the various youth teams? What's so special about him dat he'll be given preference. Moreover he has no experience. He's not even qualified enough if he has gone through a proper screening. 9ja was even trying to help him by giving him a platform to kick start a coaching career.

I guess peep was good or qualified when barca gave him the job ... Yet he did wonders.... Mou was a mere interpreter when he was given a shot to a coaching role... Yet his CV speaks for himself.... I maintain that nobody had the right to owe a coach irrespective of the results.... There was a contract..... Because they messed with keshi and co ...they should mess with him too?

Look .... We should not bring in sentiments in everything we do.... In the western world... There is contract between employees and the employers... Not naija Nigeria where you got employed with a mere letter of appointment

Nigerian problem is strictly caused by old men sitting on every thing in Nigeria
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by excel101(m): 4:57am On Feb 29, 2016
robosky02:

fear of who pharaohs?

you must be joking

if you check what Oliseh complained about its not far from what Keshi also complained....
It meant that they both experienced similar challenges, but the difference between them was is that, despite the storm Keshi held on the the end nd became victorious while Oliseh took off and became a failure.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by robosky02(m): 9:41am On Feb 29, 2016
excel101:
It meant that they both experienced similar challenges, but the difference between them was is that, despite the storm Keshi held on the the end nd became victorious while Oliseh took off and became a failure.

that not the case...
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by honeric01(m): 12:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
dammytosh:

4. Him reporting to SHUABU AMODU ... WHAT AN INSULT.

They set him to fail and he did the smartest thing. Pull the trigger before they do.

Sorry, but who is Oliseh compared to Amodu no matter how "mediocre" you rate the latter?

Can and has Oliseh achieve 2% of what Amodu achieved?

What exactly makes Oliseh a coach that made you make such a funny statement?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nusara Suknamai: Leicester Refuse To Pay Compensation To Family After Crash / Barcelona Expects Chelsea Bid For Coutinho If Their Transfer Ban Is Delayed / Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.