Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

13 Year Old Boy Detained For Insulting Turkish Prime Minister On Facebook - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 13 Year Old Boy Detained For Insulting Turkish Prime Minister On Facebook (943 Views)

Donald Trump 'Sentenced To Death' By North Korea For Insulting Kim Jong Un / Zambian Minister On His Knees As President Lungu Talks To Him (Photo) / Theresa May Set To Become UK Prime Minister On Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Year Old Boy Detained For Insulting Turkish Prime Minister On Facebook by diasporaman(m): 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
A 13-year-old teen was briefly detained on charges of “insulting” President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Facebook. The boy’s social network account had been under police monitoring for as long as nine months, local media reported.

The boy’s house was raided by anti-terror teams on Tuesday after a tip-off by “a secret witness,” who claimed that the boy, mentioned only as A. Ş., had insulted Erdogan in a comment that he allegedly posted below a video on Facebook, Bianet news agency reported.

The teen denied all allegations and, following questioning by police, was released due to his young age.

“I have an account on Facebook named A.Ş. I used the name Y.Ş. for a while, but then I started to use my name,” the teen told the prosecutor, according to the record of the statement, entitled “Juvenile pushed to crime.”

“I didn’t share the post ‘o. ç. [Turkish abbreviation for son of a b*tch] Erdogan, see this violence, it will eventually be accounted for…’ I rather share posts on video games. Sometimes my friends share posts on my page, they know my password, [but] I don’t accept such posts. Those are not mine,” he stated.

https://www.rt.com/news/333646-boy-detained-insulting-erdogan/

Re: 13 Year Old Boy Detained For Insulting Turkish Prime Minister On Facebook by diasporaman(m): 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
A country where insulting the prime minister is a crime. If Nigeria were to be Turkey by now all our prisons would have been filled up.
Re: 13 Year Old Boy Detained For Insulting Turkish Prime Minister On Facebook by Adaezeagu(f): 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Abeg make I laugh grin
Re: 13 Year Old Boy Detained For Insulting Turkish Prime Minister On Facebook by myztarcasy(m): 5:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
hi nairalanders am myztar_casy and here are some of my videos i would love to share with you ....this is what happens to you when you try to steal from a benin friend!!!! kindly support me by subscribing and sharing my videos....thanks love you all....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opj-dhTy1Mg

(1) (Reply)

British Exit From The European Union (BREXIT): How It Will Affect Nigerians!? / 10 Countries With The Highest Military Budget / If You Could Erase One Person From History, One Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.