Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Front Left Camber 2005 Corolla Sports Changed 3 Times In 2 Months - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Front Left Camber 2005 Corolla Sports Changed 3 Times In 2 Months (1116 Views)

A Quick One Please With Respect To Rear Tire Negative Camber Alignment / 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) / Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Front Left Camber 2005 Corolla Sports Changed 3 Times In 2 Months by windud: 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
Please guys help me out with toyota corolla 2005 sport. I changed a broken driver side camber 'bushing' in December 2015 and it broke in January. I did a replacement early January only for the rubber infill to tear off again just after less than a week. I was forced to drive the car for about two weeks out of annoyance but made a further replacement about two weeks ago. Unfortunately, I heard the same sound again yesterday and just confirmed that same camber 'bushing' had ruptured.

Please Nairalanders, can someone tell me the way out of this? I have spent almost 20K fixing just the left side camber bushing in less than 3 months. Am so sad.
Re: Front Left Camber 2005 Corolla Sports Changed 3 Times In 2 Months by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
The first step in getting help, and getting your car fixed, is to learn to use the correct terms for your car's parts. I myself have no idea what "camber" is, as far as vehicle components go. I do know what "camber" refers to in terms of the position of the wheels, or the profile of a road.

You need to join forums specific to your car model, that way you'll get to pick up the basics. If you can't be bothered, then it simply means you have no interest in your car.

Please take some pictures of the broken part of your car, at least that would help me, and others advise you on what steps to take in rectification.
Re: Front Left Camber 2005 Corolla Sports Changed 3 Times In 2 Months by femicousim: 10:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
sorry about that boss, top of my head, the car may have been in a collision before, such that the bushing is always in an awkward position, perhaps the "camber" is bent, trust me it might look okay to the normal eye but it might be twisted, or it(camber) might not even be for your car say a yaris or an earlier corolla was installed instead, i rather you change the "camber" altogether, lastly it could also be a case of very inferior bushings

my submission is based on the fact that the "camber" is actually lower arm
Re: Front Left Camber 2005 Corolla Sports Changed 3 Times In 2 Months by Ricmayak1: 5:25am On Feb 27, 2016
Hope the replaced parts were not fake new bushings. If so, they lasted well. You can try original used one.
As someone earlier mentioned, major chassis work due to accident may have been done.
Wrong strut length especially if the left and right ones are not the same will put excessive stress on the camber bushing.
The wheel might have excessive toe-out/toe-in relative to the second wheel. Check your alignment.
Excessively wobbled tire on that wheel or severely unbalanced tire will stress your camber bushing.

Because of very early damage, concentrate on getting original used one and checking your chassis and other suspension components specs.
Regards.
Re: Front Left Camber 2005 Corolla Sports Changed 3 Times In 2 Months by mayor2013: 7:42am On Feb 27, 2016
Signs that your car was involved in a serious head on collision that perhaps had affected the chassi. A thorough phsyical inspection needs to be carried out. On another look fixing the wrong shocks absorber can cause your car problem. I stand to be corrected there may be substandard lowee arms too

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do People Import Used Laptops From China / Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? / My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.