Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority (42555 Views)

Top Politicians Hijack, Fight Over Buhari’s N5000 Cash For The Poor / Jubilation In Kwara As Residents Receive Alert Of Buhari’s N5000 Stipend - / FG Confirms Payment Of N5000 Stipend To Unemployed Youth Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Freegift75: 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
www.tribuneonlineng.com/i-wont-pay-n5000-to-unemployed-nigerians-i-have-different-priority-buhari

PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has said that he has a different priority other than to pay N5,000 to the unemployed Nigerians as had been promised.

He made the remark in Saudi Arabia as he continued his visit to the Middle East over the weekend. He said he would rather channel resources into the building of infrastructure, education, agriculture and mining to create employment opportunities for able bodied young men.

He said: "This largesse N5,000 for the unemployed, I
have got a slightly different priority. I would rather do the infrastructure, the school and correct them and empower agriculture, mining so that every able bodied person can go and get work instead of giving 5,000, N5,000 to those who don't work."

The promised to pay N5,000 monthly stipend to the most vulnerable in the society was a major plank of the presidential campaign of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) last year.

The president has also called for better conditions for
Nigerians undertaking the pilgrimage to the holy land of Saudi Arabia and has consequently directed directed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Hajj Commission (NAHCON) to sit down with the Saudis to negotiate improved terms and conditions for our pilgrims performing the Umrah and the annual Hajj. His remark followed the completion of talks with rulers
of the Saudi Arabia and the acceptance by the Saudi
government to freely and openly discuss outstanding
issues with Nigeria.

Tribune Online

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
Another scam for the Zombies, *falls off pepper tree laughing so hard*

354 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by galadima77(m): 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
Better

16 Likes

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by mynd1(f): 10:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
Hunh? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Juve4(m): 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
I said it that oyeije will deny it one day. #weneedour5k#

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by talktonase(m): 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
kwaraption is ya priority....

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
mynd1:
Hunh? undecided
e neva reach to dey squeeze face, just tighten ur seat belt Change has just just begun..

178 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by 234GT(m): 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2016
A promise believed by idi*ts!

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Pidggin(f): 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
I no fit laugh grin

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Luckylife(m): 10:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
No need telling us , we already know your priority is to travel round the world b4 u retire.

252 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Standing5(m): 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
.If true, then I support it. Aregbesola did his and it has culminated into a disaster. Invest into teaching and empowering people to fish rather than dashing out fishes from your dwindling pond (the oil earning) that can hardly feed you(FG recurrent bill), afterall people aren't droping dead from hunger or cripling yet.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Standing5(m): 10:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
Armaggedon:
Buhari is a very illiterate hopless demon vulture

a bastard ignorant baboon that cannot remeber his name

a ruthless vindictve moon god-worshipping blind bat

a gworo chewing and burukutu/fura sipping slowpoke

a naked worthless nonentity

a retarded demented integrity-challenged lunatic feigning saintly posture
In my wildest dream, even if i smoke ganja+crack coke+meth and drink alomo+palm wine+burukutu i can't type that trash. In life, there is ''do you'' (getting attacked) and there is "do you take"(getting attacked with irreversible damages). People wen do you do you take . . . Lol

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Nebuchadnezar: 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
Armaggedon:

i love this
that's the spirit my brother cool
keep it up

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Armaggedon: 10:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
Standing5:
In my wildest dream, even if i smoke ganja+crack coke+meth and drink alomo+palm wine+burukutu i can't type that trash. In life, the is ''do you'' (getting attacked) and there is "do you take"(getting attacked with irreversible damages). People wen do you do you take . . . Lol
when ur brain takes shape quote me

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by deboysben(m): 10:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
buhari the unchangeable changer

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by kenny987(f): 11:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
This was an unrealistic promise from the get-go but GMB and crew chose to exploit hunger and illiteracy which his region accounts for the highest. On the basis of these and many more fork-tongued promises, he was voted into power by a supposed majority naturally from that same region.

He is touted as a man of integrity so he had better live up to it and give them their 5k!

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by OKDnigeria: 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
Standing5:
.If true, then I support it. Aregbesola did his and it has culminated into a disaster. Invest into teaching and empowering people to fish rather than dashing out fishes from your dwindling pond (the oil earning) that can hardly feed you(FG recurrent bill), afterall people aren't droping dead from hunger or cripling yet.

Hmmmm
APC supporters....
when Buhari made d promise, they supported it.
Now that he has reneged on it, they support it
If he tomorrow reintroduces it, they will support it.
Even if Buhari turns around and says unemployed youths shld pay #5,000 monthly to govt, they will support it.
To them Buhari is always right. he must not be criticized

440 Likes 70 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Rikidony(m): 11:13pm On Feb 27, 2016
Mr president pls fulfill ur promises stop taking us for granted #VEX

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Standing5(m): 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
OKDnigeria:

Hmmmm
APC supporters....
when Buhari made d promise, they supported it.
Now that he has reneged on it, they support it
If he tomorrow reintroduces it, they will support it.
Even if Buhari turns around and says unemployed youths shld pay #5,000 monthly to govt, they will support it.
To them Buhari is always right. he must not be criticized
Show me where i supported the idea or shut up and get lost forever. Wailing wailer

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
Buhari and his party APC are so daft and so confused and they are the greatest pathological liars devil made.the worst thing to eva happen to this country is voting APC.after winning the election,after promising you would pay unemployed youth,after not paying or fulfilling your promise for 9 month,now u no u want to build mines.now u no they don't work,wen they were fooling there self shouting sia baba and change they were working and the were useful.any man that quotes me and spit rubbish or try to defend this useless dunce of a president the wrath of the devil shall descend on him.I work,I earn good pay for a young man my age so I don't need d 5k, but this men,this useless APC of a party should not take us for a ride.bkus we are not fools like there zombies.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Localamos(m): 12:39am On Feb 28, 2016
234GT:
A promise believed by idi*ts!

A promise disbelieved by an idi*t.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 28, 2016
Those promises were made at $100 dollar oil. Not realistic at $30 dollar oil. Leadership must evaluate its decisions at every moments.
Kudos PMB. Yes it is a failed promise. But it is better to make d right decision even though it may lead to failed promises. Even though oil price have started falling during the election, it was still above $60 then which is twice what it is today.

This post is not to defend PMB. This post is to support him for making the right decision. I never agree to the 5000 naira stipend to unemployed graduate. It would have be a waste. But 5000 naira for the most vunerable 1million nigerians (Mostly widows and physically challenge) is welcome if we can fund it. 5k to unemployed graduate is a no no no.

PMB did not deny the promise was made despite the fact that he never personally made d promise. He is only saying on his scale of preference, that is not among top priority. PMB is a firm and sincere leader. He speak his mind straight up. No president in the world including United State of America, have ever succeeded in fulfilling all campaign promises.

At every point in time, a leader must evaluate what he consider most important to d nation and make a bold decision. Leadership is dynamic. It is better to be criticise for not achieving a campaign promise than implementing a promise that is unrealistic just to save face. Even if it means losing the next election,or losing popularity, a leader must put the country first.

The funny thing is dat those wailers who never supported the idea, who said it will promote laziness, will still be the one to condemn and criticise him for not prioritising it instead of commending him for doing d needful.

I am living in governance mode. I dont care about what campaign promise were. I only care about good governance. Any campaign promise that is not realistic today can go to hell. For those who cares so much about campaign promises, you can use ur PVC in 2019 and vote what u want.For those who claim Buhari won the election because of 5000 naira stipend for unemployed are not saying the truth. More than 99% of people who voted for Buhari voted for him because he was seen as much better to fight corruption and boko haram. Not because he promised 5000 naira. I am not even sure he got 100 votes because of the 5000 naira stipend promise.

For that primary reason of fighting corruption and Boko haram, he may not have done it perfectly, but he is clearly better than GEJ. And he was voted because he was considered better in fighting it than GEJ and not because he will be able to fight it perfectly. That is progress, Reduction of negative is positive. For that, he has fulfilled his top two campaign promises.

The greatest irony is that, majority of those who voted Buhari are okay with his decision. Majority of us who voted him dont feel deceived or betrayed. Majority of us who voted Buhari fully support him on this especially with global economy and oil price. Why are those who never voted him complaining of being Scammed? Wailers you were not Scammed because you never voted for his campaign promises! So shut your mouth!

Leadership is about optimising available resources for the best of the country. Not wasting it on project in order to look good and save face

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by drss(m): 12:47am On Feb 28, 2016
eyah anoda fatal blow for zombies sad

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by drss(m): 12:50am On Feb 28, 2016
Armaggedon:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha buari is making zombie's work hardder for dem. d dullard just dey commit blunders left right n center grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 28, 2016
These guys are liars and masters of the art of double speaking. Why didn't he make this position known while campaigning? I feel used.
I have discovered that Lie Mohammed is not actually a person per say but it's a spirit of lies that pervades across the entire party. That's why they all sound alike. That means at any given time, more than one person can be Lie Mohammed.‎

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by drss(m): 1:02am On Feb 28, 2016
kenny987:
This was an unrealistic promise from the get-go but GMB and crew chose to exploit hunger and illiteracy for which his region accounts the highest. On the basis of these and many more fork-tongued promises, he was voted into power by a supposed majority naturally from that same region.

He is touted as a man of integrity so he had better live up to it and give them their 5k!
calling buari man of intergrity is like calling d devil a saint. buari dullard is a pathological liar.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by opineflu(m): 1:02am On Feb 28, 2016
But na campaign promise..scam wey sell pass yaM...#APshitpeople

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by Freegift75: 6:03am On Feb 28, 2016
tuale4u:
Those promises were made at $100 dollar oil. Not realistic at $30 dollar oil. Leadership must evaluate its decisions at every moments.
Kudos PMB.

Yes it is a failed promise. But it is better to made d right decision even though it may lead to failed promises.

PMB did not deny the promise was made. He is only saying on his scale of preference, that is not among top priority.

PMB is a firm and sincere leader. He speak his mind straight up.

No president in the world including United State of America, have ever succeeded in fulfilling all campaign promises.

At every point in time, a leader must evaluate what he consider most important to d nation and make a bold decision. Leadership is dynamic

It is better to be criticise for not achieving a campaign promise than implementing a promise that is unrealistic just to save face.

Even if it means losing the next election,or losing popularity, a leader must put the country first.

The funny thing is dat those wailers who never supported the idea, who said it will prokote laziness, will still be the one to condemn and criticise him for not prioritising it instead of commending him for doing d needful

Best post of this thread. Clap for yourself! You are not reasoning like those repatriated zombies who reason with their anus.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority by BlackPeni5: 6:32am On Feb 28, 2016
So Lai Muhammed is not the only liar afterall. The liar in chief has finally spoken.

Nigerians...We have been scammed...This one pass yahoo yahoo cos over 170 million people were deceived into voting them into power. Let's wait for 2019.

Meanwhile...It is true that Buhari rules Nigeria when he is abroad and holidays in Nigeria. If not why is it that we only hear about his policies whenever he travels.

48 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man's Car Stuck At Flooded Owerri Tunnel, Blames Rochas Okorocha. Photos / Bola Tinubu's 65th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Ganduje's Ex-Aide, Dawisu 'Relocates' From Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.