Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 (50015 Views)

Whatsapp Will Not Work On These Phones / Whatsapp Not Working On Blackberry, Nokia & Symbian Phones (PHOTO) / Wholesale Prices For Tecno,itel,gionee,infinix,blackberry,and Kimfly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by chimah3(m): 10:31am On Feb 28, 2016
Lol. Y evil
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by RexTramadol1: 10:33am On Feb 28, 2016
Dem no sabi anything

Na my PC I go dey use

Ti won ba bi won da, ki won bami so nonsense!
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by hotobo(m): 10:34am On Feb 28, 2016
#Team Viber
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 28, 2016
thamoswonder:
Blackberry don enter one chance. After giving out rights of BBM to all devices, they have been ditched

Not at all.
To get market share a messaging app needs be cross platform. BBM has done that. If whatsapp want to cut out certain platforms they will reduce their market share but even more importantly it shows exactly what they think of Africa and parts of Asia. Which is, not a lot. Mistake.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by JayJustus(m): 10:35am On Feb 28, 2016
BabaAlabi:
I thought this was a spurious post but after researching online, the news is actually true.
I think it is a bad and ludicrous decision to discontinue whatsapp for many low-end devices. Many people in Indonesia, Nigeria and other parts of Asia use blackberry and low-end phones. Many people in various countries cannot afford to upgrade. Discontinuing whatsapp for these devices will drastically reduce the whatsapp userbase and inconvenience existing users in the aforementioned countries. It also proves that Whatsapp's objective to connect people all over the world is nothing but a bloody lie. I love it when people and companies self-sabotage their own success by themselves e.g P-Square and now whatsapp. Goodluck battling a rival company that will emerge to acquire the abandoned users.

afford what?? there are android phones. of. 7,000 naira or less...lol...let's just say they are tied down by invisible forces of BlackBerry lol
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by christopher123(m): 10:36am On Feb 28, 2016
TechPill:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but i just have to inform you that WhatsApp- A popular messaging app, will be discontinue on Blackberry and Nokia operating system this year 2016 ending to be precised.

Earlier this week Whatsapp celebrated its 7th years anniversary with its 1 Billion Active users, instead to break a bad news on such a good day, the team decided to wait till on Friday when they announced that: the app will soon be discontinued on BlackBerry and Nokia devices running those company's operating systems.

Yes! that include the Blackberry 10 device, Though the new Android-powered Blackberry Priv slider phone might probaly survive this heat because it was built with Android OS.

According to WhatApp Announcement

The Nokia S40 discontinuation will deeply affect developing countries like Nigeria because most people still uses old Nokia phone. The like of Nokia asha 200 and 203, Nokia 6100, 6200, Nokia c2 and c3 just to mention a few. I know most of us still love our old nokia phones. WhatsApp suggests "upgrading to a newer Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone" if you want to keep on using the service — if not, you'll need to find another messaging service by the end of the year before the service got discontinued.

So do you think this is necessary? please use the comment box

Source: http://www.techpill.net/2016/02/whatsapp-will-be-discontinued-on.html

CC: lalasticlala, Seun

[img]http://3.bp..com/-6J11Ibbh9FI/VtJDfL-eoEI/AAAAAAAAAqQ/zjCYGfHY7gY/s1600/whatsapp%2Bfor%2Bnokia%2Band%2Bblackberry.jpg[/img]

It is monkeys that use blackberry
While chimps use Nokia

So it's non of our business

.they can bury the phones .even bbm we don't use
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2016
Muafrika2:
It's a very bad move. I think Facebook bought Whatsapp just to kill it, as it was making Facebook obsolete. This Will Make It Stop Growing.

Then Facebook will soon introduce a Whatsapp like feature to try and take its market.

It's not a bad move. It's called technological advancement. WhatsApp needs be the same on all platforms

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Pascal181: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2016
Is that a threat or what?
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by tooman: 10:38am On Feb 28, 2016
BALLOSKI:
hacks, you guys didn't take note of this when you were promoting your whatsapp and telling everyone it's 'most devices-compliant'? I don't use Nokia or blackberry, but I trust my Naija people on this to find a way out.

Another messenger might just overtake whatsapp very soon.
Telegram is fast growing matching on whatsap

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 28, 2016
Whatever undecided undecided
There is nothing like bbm.
I'm fvcking addicted to BlackBerry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by ocheejemb: 10:40am On Feb 28, 2016
Muafrika2:
It's a very bad move. I think Facebook bought Whatsapp just to kill it, as it was making Facebook obsolete. This Will Make It Stop Growing.

Then Facebook will soon introduce a Whatsapp like feature to try and take its market.
Facebook obsolete? Lol

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by chigoizie7(m): 10:40am On Feb 28, 2016
There is always a way out
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by chudyprince: 10:42am On Feb 28, 2016
BBM start warming up, welcome back on our mind angry

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:43am On Feb 28, 2016
Chai wetin they wan make we do na, whatsapp for blackberry wey we de use for business transaction na to go buy android be the sure bet but the subscription na another whahala. Till then make I de manage my blackberry

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by mikemb(m): 10:48am On Feb 28, 2016
BALLOSKI:
hacks, you guys didn't take note of this when you were promoting your whatsapp and telling everyone it's 'most devices-compliant'? I don't use Nokia or blackberry, but I trust my Naija people on this to find a way out.

Another messenger might just overtake whatsapp very soon.
Thank you very much, I have just installed WE CHAT! Nothing will make me drop my blackberry!

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by smoothlips(m): 10:48am On Feb 28, 2016
Just check whatsapp homepage nothing like that
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by happney65: 10:49am On Feb 28, 2016
omolola15 wait Hope my Nokia Lumia is not a part of this sha?
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 28, 2016
gist4kidsblog:
3. Nokia Symbian S60 cry cry cry

but why now cry cry

#team symbian fone
I tell you, team symbian phone till death
Till NOKIA E5

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by mikemb(m): 10:50am On Feb 28, 2016
RexTramadol1:
Dem no sabi anything

Na my PC I go dey use

Ti won ba bi won da, ki won bami so nonsense!
We Chat still dey there! Even Viber!
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Koleman(m): 10:51am On Feb 28, 2016
bad market for BlackBerry.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by emorse(m): 10:54am On Feb 28, 2016
Muafrika2:

$19b (correct me if I'm wrong) is a lot of money man. To spend that huge sum with the aim of killing a company would be a really dumb move. I know they've got something up their sleeves sha.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 28, 2016
Y
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nsonaso(m): 10:57am On Feb 28, 2016
Kezifils:
Enough time for all bb lovers to abandon bb os and port to Android or ios
And then we will gladly welcome them home... And together we all wait for Windows phone OS to come join US... #Team Android and iOS

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 28, 2016
Like what and what
timilehing:
Greater Features coming soon on WhatsApp
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by miketayo(m): 10:59am On Feb 28, 2016
Roidatom:
Wow!
Google's way of controlling the market.
They may soon consider to restrict it to Android phones.

Wat r u saying? does Google own WhatsApp which market r they controlling

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by phreakabit(m): 11:02am On Feb 28, 2016
Muafrika2:

Summed up everything in one post.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 28, 2016
and with this i'm still gonna get Nokia E63.
It just law of diminishing return coming to play here, even though i'm not an economics student. whatsapp might just be creating it's own downfall
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by miketayo(m): 11:06am On Feb 28, 2016
christopher123:

It is monkeys that use blackberry
While chimps use Nokia

So it's non of our business

.they can bury the phones .even bbm we don't use
You are an orangutan den

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by sweetgala(m): 11:06am On Feb 28, 2016
BabaAlabi:
I thought this was a spurious post but after researching online, the news is actually true.
I think it is a bad and ludicrous decision to discontinue whatsapp for many low-end devices. Many people in Indonesia, Nigeria and other parts of Asia use blackberry and low-end phones. Many people in various countries cannot afford to upgrade. Discontinuing whatsapp for these devices will drastically reduce the whatsapp userbase and inconvenience existing users in the aforementioned countries. It also proves that Whatsapp's objective to connect people all over the world is nothing but a bloody lie. I love it when people and companies self-sabotage their own success by themselves e.g P-Square and now whatsapp. Goodluck battling a rival company that will emerge to acquire the abandoned users.

Google have fixed that problem with their initiative to bring low cost phones to developing countries with up to date firmware and the prevalence of low cost Android phones with versions 5.1 and up.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Lacomb(m): 11:08am On Feb 28, 2016
The document says they would be "ENDING SUPPORT" for the mentioned Os, this does not mean those already installed would not work or one can't install them on those phones, it means things like update and asking whatsapp for help on issues would no longer be available or possible.

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 28, 2016
Whatsapp was a hit from symbian to s40 java phones to windows mango phones and android froyo yet dy want to diskwantinue, is okay. Let dem diskwantinue, 2go ti take over grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tecno Pouvoir 3 Full Specifications And Price / Apple Set To Launch Iphone 14 Next Month (see Photos) / Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus 5G Full Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.