Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 (50014 Views)

Whatsapp Will Not Work On These Phones / Whatsapp Not Working On Blackberry, Nokia & Symbian Phones (PHOTO) / Wholesale Prices For Tecno,itel,gionee,infinix,blackberry,and Kimfly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
miketayo:
All the above OS are old except bb10, even Microsoft has stopped most updates for windows 7.1 and Android 2.1 is obviously outdated not to talk of symbians
yeah they are but some app still roll out updates for them
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
pendusky:

80% BB users likes Whatsapp more than BB, so BB will loose out instead coz they will abandon BB and buy android grin
they will but whatsapp would loose more. Not everyone use android or bb

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by redcliff: 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
TechPill:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but i just have to inform you that WhatsApp- A popular messaging app, will be discontinue on Blackberry and Nokia operating system this year 2016 ending to be precised.

Earlier this week Whatsapp celebrated its 7th years anniversary with its 1 Billion Active users, instead to break a bad news on such a good day, the team decided to wait till on Friday when they announced that: the app will soon be discontinued on BlackBerry and Nokia devices running those company's operating systems.

Yes! that include the Blackberry 10 device, Though the new Android-powered Blackberry Priv slider phone might probaly survive this heat because it was built with Android OS.

According to WhatApp Announcement

The Nokia S40 discontinuation will deeply affect developing countries like Nigeria because most people still uses old Nokia phone. The like of Nokia asha 200 and 203, Nokia 6100, 6200, Nokia c2 and c3 just to mention a few. I know most of us still love our old nokia phones. WhatsApp suggests "upgrading to a newer Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone" if you want to keep on using the service — if not, you'll need to find another messaging service by the end of the year before the service got discontinued.

So do you think this is necessary? please use the comment box

Source: http://www.techpill.net/2016/02/whatsapp-will-be-discontinued-on.html

CC: lalasticlala, Seun

[img]http://3.bp..com/-6J11Ibbh9FI/VtJDfL-eoEI/AAAAAAAAAqQ/zjCYGfHY7gY/s1600/whatsapp%2Bfor%2Bnokia%2Band%2Bblackberry.jpg[/img]

brother, if you are a blogger and a tech one at that, please work on your use of english. You are doing serious business and its not just for play. Thanks.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Back to 2go
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Rasome(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Whatsapp is trying make the laggard to embrace change. I love there new development. Keep it up @whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by christopher123(m): 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
miketayo:

You are an orangutan den

I am an evolved man
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by OpenHeaven2me(f): 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
Uhmmm! Survival of de-fittest.
New business deal.
They will develop new ways.
No big deal.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by haggdon: 12:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
As long as i can still send messages, videos and audios with my symbian os. It does not concern me whether or not they would add new features to the current running mobile os in the market called Android. All what matters to me is sending and recieving. In spite of the features they promised to other os, I do hope they will be introducing new versions of whatsapp to our beloved Nokia os. Lalasticlala just passing by
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by chachanga: 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
BabaAlabi:
I thought this was a spurious post but after researching online, the news is actually true.
I think it is a bad and ludicrous decision to discontinue whatsapp for many low-end devices. Many people in Indonesia, Nigeria and other parts of Asia use blackberry and low-end phones. Many people in various countries cannot afford to upgrade. Discontinuing whatsapp for these devices will drastically reduce the whatsapp userbase and inconvenience existing users in the aforementioned countries. It also proves that Whatsapp's objective to connect people all over the world is nothing but a bloody lie. I love it when people and companies self-sabotage their own success by themselves e.g P-Square and now whatsapp. Goodluck battling a rival company that will emerge to acquire the abandoned users.

Leave them.
After better messaging platform like Telegram don dey run thinz for market
Their corporate foolishness will be their undoing
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Code45: 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
Broke guys everywhere! Even those using symbian are yarning dust.

Later they will be forming big boy. This is 2016, you better upgrade.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by ttmacoy: 12:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
I don't think Facebook wants to kill WhatsApp. They own it after spending so much so doesn't make sense to kill a successful app.

It's more a case of focusing on the main operating systems going forward as it isn't efficient developing apps for fringe ecosystems anymore. Heck even BlackBerry has pretty much abandoned it's BB10 OS for Android. Whilst it's painful as I still use and love BB10 I think it makes business sense.

They are just following the trend of consolidation amongst ecosystems.

Muafrika2:
It's a very bad move. I think Facebook bought Whatsapp just to kill it, as it was making Facebook obsolete. This Will Make It Stop Growing.

Then Facebook will soon introduce a Whatsapp like feature to try and take its market.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by LordReed(m): 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
iamgiggssleaky:

hello, Facebook and whatsapp are two different companies owned by the same person. so Facebook doesn't own whatsapp. they are each accountable for their operations. happy Sunday.

Please don't say what you don't know. Facebook Inc purchased WhatsApp not Zuckerberg.

Educate yourself:
www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-10-28/facebook-s-22-billion-whatsapp-deal-buys-10-million-in-sales

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by happney65: 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
omolola15:

Upgrade your lumia to 8.1 that'll solve it.

By buying the higher Lumia?I think mine is 6.0 or something..I don kuku wan change am sef..I be wan buy the 8.1 or an Iphone..Got a GF using the 8.1..better than mine Wey I buy for 26K Wey no fit snap foto for night...The Camera sef np sharp.. grin
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Kezifils(m): 12:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

port to where? android.and iPhone that suck data on per sec billing

Data consumption is not an issue anymore. This is 2016. When you port, holla I will tell u of all the cheap affordable data we use. You hear wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Kezifils(m): 12:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
Nsonaso:

And then we will gladly welcome them home... And together we all wait for Windows phone OS to come join US... #Team Android and iOS

Yes o.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
Kezifils:

Data consumption is not an issue anymore. This is 2016. When you port, holla I will tell u of all the cheap affordable data we use. You hear wink smiley
it's because it consumes more data. even if data is cheap the fact still remains that those phones consume data
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by mfm04622: 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
Roidatom:
Wow!
Google's way of controlling the market.
They may soon consider to restrict it to Android phones.

WhatsApp is owned by Facebook, not Google

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Panshow(m): 12:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
Muafrika2:

Thanks for the explanation. But how come Facebook does not select phones? They seem to have the capacity to include all phone users but they choose not to.
Facebook does not select phones because it is a web application which you can also access via your Web browser. WhatsApp is completely mobile that's why you can't access whatsapp via your Web browser except through mirroring via the mobile app. Think of whatsapp like BBM, it's entirely a mobile app, if BBM decides to start supporting java phones, it means that they'll definitely cut down on certain functionalities and believe me, you'll never want to use BBM again.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Kezifils(m): 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

it's because it consumes more data. even if data is cheap the fact still remains that those phones consume data

I hardly turn off my data this days. Yea it consumes data buh gives better browsing experience. When you have enough data, you wont really mind the level of consumption. Like I said, subcription is now cheaper and more affordable to what it used to be and its getting cheaper. Even better with the help of vpns
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by mfm04622: 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
Dottore:
Who still uses those, especially BlackBerry. Microsoft has stopped labelling their windows phones Nokia. They ate now Lumia this Lumia that.

I still use BlackBerry. Z30.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by omolola15(m): 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
happney65:

By buying the higher Lumia?I think mine is 6.0 or something..I don kuku wan change am sef..I be wan buy the 8.1 or an Iphone..Got a GF using the 8.1..better than mine Wey I buy for 26K Wey no fit snap foto for night...The Camera sef np sharp.. grin

You can upgrade the OS. But you should kuku buy a new one. You kuku dey craze. You go wan buy phone you no go come for advise. Were boy.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by mfm04622: 1:01pm On Feb 28, 2016
JayJustus:

afford what?? there are android phones. of. 7,000 naira or less...lol...let's just say they are tied down by invisible forces of BlackBerry lol

How do 7k Android phones perform?
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Dottore: 1:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
mfm04622:

I still use BlackBerry. Z30.
Eeya
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Gkemz: 1:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
What a sad news. They just wanna discourage people from patronizing cheaper Nokia java s40, s60 symbian, bb and early android gingerbread. It's quite unfortunate this is happening now inspite of our present economic hardship.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by happney65: 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
omolola15:

You can upgrade the OS. But you should kuku buy a new one. You kuku dey craze. You go wan buy phone you no go come for advise. Were boy.

Look at you..No be from you I come collect Advise when I bought the Lumia..You don forget say na another I be wan buy before..But next time I go come for advise from my very Oga at the Top.. grin
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by akindap07(m): 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
KUKUMA KILL US NA
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by oladele239(m): 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
But will the android version be able to work on bb10? Then?
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Panshow:

Facebook does not select phones because it is a web application which you can also access via your Web browser. WhatsApp is completely mobile that's why you can't access whatsapp via your Web browser except through mirroring via the mobile app. Think of whatsapp like BBM, it's entirely a mobile app, if BBM decides to start supporting java phones, it means that they'll definitely cut down on certain functionalities and believe me, you'll never want to use BBM again.
I see your point.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Kezifils:

I hardly turn off my data this days. Yea it consumes data buh gives better browsing experience. When you have enough data, you wont really mind the level of consumption. Like I said, subcription is now cheaper and more affordable to what it used to be and its getting cheaper. Even better with the help of vpns
most those stuffs are illegal.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by mfm04622: 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
Dottore:

Eeya

One of the best phone in the market even though it is more than 2 years old!
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by vokalguy(m): 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
Roidatom:
Wow!
Google's way of controlling the market.
They may soon consider to restrict it to Android phones.

Care to expand on that?
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by priscaoge(f): 1:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

because dey pluck moni shey? even now fone don deer now for market

Oya stay without phone or Whatsapp naa, I send u? tongue tongue U are just busy quoting all d comments undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tecno Pouvoir 3 Full Specifications And Price / Apple Set To Launch Iphone 14 Next Month (see Photos) / Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus 5G Full Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.