Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 (50012 Views)

Whatsapp Will Not Work On These Phones / Whatsapp Not Working On Blackberry, Nokia & Symbian Phones (PHOTO) / Wholesale Prices For Tecno,itel,gionee,infinix,blackberry,and Kimfly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Kezifils(m): 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
OpenHeaven2me:

What is vpns sir? As par subscription

Virtual private network (vpn). Just trying to say their is more than one available and to reduce the long story, I wrote vpns.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
Kezifils:

How is it cheating if I may ask and who are we cheating? Take for instance, I bought and SD card from u and its capacity is 2gig and I have a software that can boost same sd card to 4gig. After upgrading said sd card, would you say I cheated you?
The illustration you use does not go with what most guys use vpn for. Secondly if an operator gives 1gig for N500, is it either you subscribe to it or forget about it. By passing the maximum allowances is illegal especially using different cheats to do that weather you paid or not.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Kezifils(m): 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

The illustration you use does not go with what most guys use vpn for. Secondly if an operator gives 1gig for N500, is it either you subscribe to it or forget about it. By passing the maximum allowances is illegal especially using different cheats to do that weather you paid or not.

Who re we hurting if I may ask? If it where a problem, dont u think by now, the telecom company would have done something abt it? Afterall, its all programming. Have u stopped to consider how much they make on a daily basis from the various subs? Without them leaking the info to make more money, do you really think making use of such vpn to bypass allocation is possible? They are aware of it all
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Kezifils(m): 7:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Are you aware that the amount we pay for data here can fetch us unlimited access in some countries. If you watch seasonal movies, can 1gig be enough to give all you want? Not mention games
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Kezifils:

Who re we hurting if I may ask? If it where a problem, dont u think by now, the telecom company would have done something abt it? Afterall, its all programming. Have u stopped to consider how much they make on a daily basis from the various subs? Without them leaking the info to make more money, do you really think making use of such vpn to bypass allocation is possible? They are aware of it all
In most cases they are not aware. No right thinking business man or woman would allow her customer to cheat him or her how much more a firm. Often times etisalat cheats is often displayed on this forum on daily basis and are blocked. Why did etisalat blocked bis from working on non bb devices around 2013/2014? Why did Airtel tried to stop her android users from using bb subscription during that time? Why is airtel still double billing bis subscription on non bb devices after the responses they got? Why is MTN still tracking those using simple server for bis subscription on non bb devices?
competition brings the price of data lower but it has it's advantages and disadvantages. By passing to use such service is illegal just people by pass meters for electricity. There is no justification for committing such an act.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by rabol(m): 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
TechPill:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but i just have to inform you that WhatsApp- A popular messaging app, will be discontinue on Blackberry and Nokia operating system this year 2016 ending to be precised.

Earlier this week Whatsapp celebrated its 7th years anniversary with its 1 Billion Active users, instead to break a bad news on such a good day, the team decided to wait till on Friday when they announced that: the app will soon be discontinued on BlackBerry and Nokia devices running those company's operating systems.

Yes! that include the Blackberry 10 device, Though the new Android-powered Blackberry Priv slider phone might probaly survive this heat because it was built with Android OS.

According to WhatApp Announcement

The Nokia S40 discontinuation will deeply affect developing countries like Nigeria because most people still uses old Nokia phone. The like of Nokia asha 200 and 203, Nokia 6100, 6200, Nokia c2 and c3 just to mention a few. I know most of us still love our old nokia phones. WhatsApp suggests "upgrading to a newer Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone" if you want to keep on using the service — if not, you'll need to find another messaging service by the end of the year before the service got discontinued.

So do you think this is necessary? please use the comment box

Source: http://www.techpill.net/2016/02/whatsapp-will-be-discontinued-on.html

CC: lalasticlala, Seun

[img]http://3.bp..com/-6J11Ibbh9FI/VtJDfL-eoEI/AAAAAAAAAqQ/zjCYGfHY7gY/s1600/whatsapp%2Bfor%2Bnokia%2Band%2Bblackberry.jpg[/img]

Yeah, we understand the pain. BlackBerry and some of these old Nokia phones do not give room for security breach like these android phones do. It's obvious they are trying to enforce compliance. It is all good though. There are other mobile messaging apps much better than whatsapp anyway, albeit less popular. We, the blackberry lovers will opt for those.
Thank you undecided.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by grandstar(m): 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
Muafrika2:
It's a very bad move. I think Facebook bought Whatsapp just to kill it, as it was making Facebook obsolete. This Will Make It Stop Growing.

Then Facebook will soon introduce a Whatsapp like feature to try and take its market.
suspect they want to. start adverts

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by OpenHeaven2me(f): 9:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
Kezifils:

Virtual private network (vpn). Just trying to say their is more than one available and to reduce the long story, I wrote vpns.
Tnx, most times I don't understand this terms. Still learning.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Kezifils(m): 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:

In most cases they are not aware. No right thinking business man or woman would allow her customer to cheat him or her how much more a firm. Often times etisalat cheats is often displayed on this forum on daily basis and are blocked. Why did etisalat blocked bis from working on non bb devices around 2013/2014? Why did Airtel tried to stop her android users from using bb subscription during that time? Why is airtel still double billing bis subscription on non bb devices after the responses they got? Why is MTN still tracking those using simple server for bis subscription on non bb devices?
competition brings the price of data lower but it has it's advantages and disadvantages. By passing to use such service is illegal just people by pass meters for electricity. There is no justification for committing such an act.

Well u could stick to using ur fone and proper sub while I surf the net like a king. Streaming and downloading all I want in my illegal way that no one has ever been prosecuted for.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
Kezifils:

Well u could stick to using ur fone and proper sub while I surf the net like a king. Streaming and downloading all I want in my illegal way that no one has ever been prosecuted for.
no problem that is your own thing
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
ttmacoy:
Has nothing to do with what they think of Asia or Africa. WhatsApp makes 95% of its revenue from Android, iOS and the new windows systems so it makes very good business sense.

It's a matter of when not if those smaller OS will stop being supported even by the companies who developed them e.g. BlackBerry has started making Android phones and will probably stop supporting BlackBerry systems at some point.

If you look at attached pic, you will see that the market share of the non top 3 system have been falling and is very very small now so they will not b losing much.

In absolute terms Blackberrys market share is way below that of iOS and Android. In China it is even below 1% so I agree with your analysis. However BlackBerry remains strong in parts of Africa, Latin America and the ME. it has also staged a strategic retreat to the niche high security corporate market and it's 2015 vertical acquisition of Good Tech gave it an instant 6000 plus corporate clients kick. In absolutely term BlackBerry market share is below the radar but in terms of geography and the high end corporate market ( even its Android Privee is not priced for retail) it remains influential and BBM security/privacy features are absolutely right for this segment. So I do take your point while arguing that the final demise of blackberry and BBM is not a assured as convention indicates. There is life in the dog yet and imo I expect it to build a robust following in the aforementioned areas based on its BIS/B10 pricing plan and amongst security focused corporates and government clients. You will recall that the latter segment was 90% of its original client base.

Thank you for the highly informative reply. Respects.

Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by JayJustus(m): 1:16am On Feb 29, 2016
mfm04622:

How do 7k Android phones perform?

most of em these days run on at least ice cream sandwich which is okay enough to have the latest Whatsapp features eh...some have very good battery lives and stuff
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by TechPill: 8:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
macino1:
Make them stop this joke oh
lol
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by Bossman(m): 9:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Blackberry has been dead here in the US for a very long time. I can't remember the last time I actually saw someone using one. The US Govt., corporate America, etc. have all moved on from BB's. I believe its last strong hold was in Developing countries.
Re: Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 by OpenHeaven2me(f): 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
Bossman:
Blackberry has been dead here in the US for a very long time. I can't remember the last time I actually saw someone using one. The US Govt., corporate America, etc. have all moved on from BB's. I believe its last strong hold was in Developing countries.
BB's are still used in our country and other neighboring countries. Bring them plz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tecno Pouvoir 3 Full Specifications And Price / Apple Set To Launch Iphone 14 Next Month (see Photos) / Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus 5G Full Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.