Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:06 AM

I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff (9700 Views)

We’ll Replace Buhari In 2019; Nothing Will Stop Us, PDP Chairman, Sheriff, Vows / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory / Don’t Befriend PDP Politicians Who Defected To APC – CAC Prophet Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by quotequote: 10:17am On Feb 28, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party’s National Chairman, Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff, yesterday revealed that he has started reaching out to those who defected from the party to the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

The former governor of Borno State, however, refused to say if he had also met with the President of the Senate, Sen. Bukola Saraki on whether the latter would return to the PDP or not.

Speaking through his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Inuwa Bwala in Abuja, Sheriff said the alleged panic in the camp of the ruling party was responsible for the dispute that greeted his appointment.

According to Sheriff, the leadership of the ruling party is aware of his capability to unite the members of the PDP and also bring back those who defected to the APC, hence the controversy.

“We have started reaching out to those who left the PDP and we are discussing already.
“We are getting positive results from them, but we won’t go to the pages of newspapers to announce their names.

“The APC and its leadership are aware that Sheriff has the ability to unite the members of the PDP and also bring back those who have left the party.
“This was why we had the initial controversy on the appointment. But now, we have thrown that behind us as we have resumed work fully,” Bwala said
http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/28/im-reaching-out-to-those-who-defected-to-apc-pdp-chairman-sheriff/
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by delishpot: 10:21am On Feb 28, 2016
When fresh blood like us will want to take over their positions and do a better job of it? Why do these people act like dogs? Going back to their rotten vommit?
This is the time to start doing good in the name of PDP, to start buying peoples hearts and votes using new faces and thus creating the believe that PDP has indeed gotten rid of the bad apples and is injecting new blood and positive mentality into Nigerian society by taking care of communities and doing good jobs in what ever office they hold. Instead they are busy recycling themselves. I blame the youth though, they will still vote for the recycled people as if they become renewed after jumping from back from APC to PDP. Shit wey dem shit for pit toilet and the one dem shit for toilet bowl na still the same shit. Make una keep selling una future for recycled power drunk men and women. Today they jump to APC and sing Change tomorrow they hop to PDP and sing fresh air yet you all are blind to see that they are the same people and they will still do the same thing they have been doing. If you want real change, groom yourselves for it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by ChappyChase: 10:23am On Feb 28, 2016
The guy above me though...

3 Likes

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by kestolove95(m): 10:25am On Feb 28, 2016
U are on a fail mission

2 Likes

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:32am On Feb 28, 2016
Sheriff should do all he can to #BringBack Dr Rabiu Kwankwaso to PDP.

Saraki can remain in APC though angry angry

4 Likes

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:33am On Feb 28, 2016
Thants why we need a full Youth wing in the PDP..
delishpot:
When fresh blood like us will want to take over their positions and do a better job of it? Why do these people act like dogs? Going back to their rotten vommit?
This is the time to start doing good in the name of PDP, to start buying peoples hearts and votes using new faces and thus creating the believe that PDP has indeed gotten rid of the bad apples and is injecting new blood and positive mentality into Nigerian society by taking care of communities and doing good jobs in what ever office they hold. Instead they are busy recycling themselves. I blame the youth though, they will still vote for the recycled people as if they become renewed after jumping from back from APC to PDP. Shit wey dem shit for pit toilet and the one dem shit for toilet bowl na still the same shit. Make una keep selling una future for recycled power drunk men and women. Today they jump to APC and sing Change tomorrow they hop to PDP and sing fresh air yet you all are blind to see that they are the same people and they will still do the same thing they have been doing. If you want real change, groom yourselves for it.

7 Likes

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by delishpot: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Thants why we need a full Youth wing in the PDP..

How do we do that? The old members have to unite agree with this idea and work hand in hand with the youth wing. We can start even online. Screen members and avoid touts.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:45am On Feb 28, 2016
delishpot:

How do we do that? The old members have to unite agree with this idea and work hand in hand with the youth wing. We can start even online. Screen members and avoid touts.
Well a youth wing will need everybody.....

1 Like

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by delishpot: 10:47am On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

That is a recipe for disaster. For Nigeria to grow we need everybody but everybody can't rule or lead Nigeria.
Oh I seem to get you. Yes we need everybody but not every body will want to be with PDP and work for the good of PDP. So we have to know when to kick out touts
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by funlord(m): 10:50am On Feb 28, 2016
grin grin

No be only "reach out"? If you like "reach for the stars" there is no hope for your hopeless attempts to become the permanent party chairman!

3 Likes

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by erunz(m): 10:50am On Feb 28, 2016
Nice one, pdp will be great again

3 Likes

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:02am On Feb 28, 2016
delishpot:

That is a recipe for disaster. For Nigeria to grow we need everybody but everybody can't rule or lead Nigeria.
Oh I seem to get you. Yes we need everybody but not every body will want to be with PDP and work for the good of PDP. So we have to know when to kick out touts
#Kwarrec

1 Like

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by GodpunishBuhari: 11:17am On Feb 28, 2016
Hmmm
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by thamoswonder: 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
Reach out Nigeria toh bad grin
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by shamsuRana(m): 8:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
shocked
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by adedam007(m): 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by olatade(m): 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
this sheriff guy is not even charismatic,he's just to dull for my liking

1 Like

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by shamsuRana(m): 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
kestolove95:
U are on a fail mission

wink
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by Beehshorp(m): 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
They won't be hard to get.. Not now that they av seen that their president is gworo chewing burukutu sipping dullard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by herkeym001(m): 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
kosoro Jo
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by fabulousstan(m): 8:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Damn correct. How do we go abt it coz tinz ar really falling apart.
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by LUKINGUY(m): 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
Good development. Let them go back to PDP then, the fight for corruption would take new dimension and will be more interesting. I am for the #theNigeriaProject#. They shall keep doing what would favor Nigerian and would be against their personal interest.
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by Davvymavvy: 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
Different political parties, same set of corrupt people. No ideology, no principle, politics of "pocketeering". We are not moving forward in this country
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by olawalebabs(m): 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
This reminds me of Lai Mohammed immediately after the G5 Governors decamped to APC, he always assured us that 4 more Governors are on the brim of joining APC, though it never happen the strategy work out well.
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by LordAdam: 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
That's why we need a full Youth wing in the PDP..

delishpot:

The only reason why Buhari won in 2015 was because those that did not side with him in his previous 3 failed attempts did so in 2015.

Several key members of PDP betrayed GEJ by being double-agents.

The leadership of PDP knows that to get power in 2019, they have to get back those people who backed APC to clinch the Presidency.

The other route, which I would prefer, is to cut ties off with these people and then concentrate on pressuring current PDP office holders to deliver dividends of democracy and good leadership. This way, come 2019, it will be easy to sell a renewed PDP to the populace and even attract the best influential eggs that left PDP to help PDP reclaim the center.

But I doubt the leadership of PDP are thinking in this direction. That is how come 2019, we would have to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea again and have to vote based on sentiments. It provides the perfect recipe for the ruling class to foist another mistake and alienate the youths again.

The biggest bane of floating an energized youth wing is that there is complete lack of ideology in Nigeria's polity across all age brackets including the youths. Even the populace don't listen to ideology, they react to stomach infrastructure and empty bloated promises like 5k for unemployed youths and reducing fuel price to N40.

On the back of this conundrum, I propose for a call to restructure this system, because as it seems, we'd continue living in shit for as long as the ruling class dictate the pace of the system. There is no good that can come out of our current ethnoreligious political system.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by deboysben(m): 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
bubu shuld get ready for 2019 cos pdp gonna kick his damn ass outta aso rock .... let him keep traveling while pdp is strategaizing

1 Like

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by babasanti: 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
He can bring back anybody but 2 things are certain we won't accept judas amaechi and we won't accept a northern candidate. Buhari is completing yaradua's 2nd tenure after that na one tenure for president per region.
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by modath(f): 9:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
babasanti:
He can bring back anybody but 2 things are certain we won't accept judas amaechi and we won't accept a northern candidate. Buhari is completing yaradua's 2nd tenure after that na one tenure for president per region.

Who are the WE? cheesy cheesy grin

Even una "Rose model" Fayose nor fit talk so, ALL of us must serve Hausa fulani till 2023 at least.. #fact... cheesy cheesy

Nor bother argue, ask your leaders. Thx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by eddyslim(m): 9:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
How that one take concern me?
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by rawtouch: 9:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
Good luck in your quest
Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by koboko69: 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
This thread funny die. Since Fp. Never even pass first page. More than an hour ago. PDP don die with sheriff cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff by PastorOla1: 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
Nothing for him, Him too want to president,

(1) (2) (Reply)

South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 / Every Nigerian Wishes They Were Ghanaian / Saraki's Appeals Against CCT Trial Delayed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.