Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Hell Is Not Eternal Punishment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Is Not Eternal Punishment (509 Views)

For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! / Masturbating Has Eternal Punishment / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hell Is Not Eternal Punishment by Kei144(m): 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
I saw a webpage on this topic and decided to present it here for consideration. The argument on the page makes a lot of sense.

Our present traditional view of hell, borrowed from Catholicism, Platonism and paganism, is no more biblical than the doctrine of limbo.

Scriptures must be twisted to say the opposite of what they actually teach in order to keep promoting the idea that God is a loving Creator who will keep souls alive forever just to torment and torture them, souls he knew would not accept him when he created them. This is not the God of the Bible I see. Consider.

Rhetorical Questions:

Why does Jesus' reference to those in danger of the fire of hell not mention that it will be "eternal" tormenting (Matthew 5:22)? And why do we make words such as "destroy" mean different things, unless it is to support a preconceived doctrine (Matthew 10:28)?

If Satan is not to be feared because he can only destroy our bodies, then why are we told to fear HIM who can "destroy" both soul and body in hell, especially if we won't be "destroyed?"

(Matthew 10:28)? Why do we assume the word "destroy" in this verse means the exact opposite of its normal meaning? Why do we assume "destroy" here means to live on and on eternally and yet not be destroyed?

Why does not the translation of words meaning grave (Sheol & Hades) and garbage pit (Gehenna) into the same word "hell" not signify the deliberate tampering of Scriptures by translators? What if they had done that with other completely separate words with different meanings and translated them into the same word?

Read the whole page: http://www.hellisnoteternalpunishment.com/
Re: Hell Is Not Eternal Punishment by Treash(m): 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
Am sure u're a Jehovah witness.
Re: Hell Is Not Eternal Punishment by Kei144(m): 2:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
Treash:
Am sure u're a Jehovah witness.

I'm not a JW. I'm sure you like to hold tightly to tradition.

1 Like

Re: Hell Is Not Eternal Punishment by sonofthunder: 2:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
He's a lion and He's a lamb... He's a consuming fire and the Prince of Peace. if you like read nonsense and deceive yourself.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

T.b. Joshua’s Emmanuel Tv Reaches 10 Year Milestone / Know Your Limits And Ignore Them (prt2) / How The Apostles Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.