Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career (32471 Views)

The Bold Step To Take Regarding Your Admission. / Igbo Scholar Disgraces Femi Fani-kayode (the Bold Truth Behind Nigeria History) / These Ladies Recreated The Picture They Took In 2006 While In Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
Timbuktu14:
The guy needs to be schooled. Art is very very much alive!
serious schooling or art school since that's where he is driving to.

1 Like

Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by liz4eno(f): 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
Too beautiful 2 b true...nice one bro.
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
I have to do business with him
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by tobishills12(m): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
yettybaby112:
I have to do business with him

I can connect you guys... can you reply my mail?
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by Brigadier7(m): 11:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
You should have just completed the degree! 1 year Is short! Just get a degree first then u can start doing ur thing! Hope u won't regret this decision! Success
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by haryomikun(m): 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
Fvking bad belle! U have no point alaye. Swerve abeg.
sonofananimal:
cool but also need to sharpen his skill and art school will be very best for him.

you people tend to mistake the meaning of education.

education doesn't necessarily mean school! it is also a word for acquiring knowledge on different aspect of skills or profession.

sorry to say! that artwork still need a very long way to go.
your signature, shading, and the use of color is far less than perfect and you still need to go to school to perfect it.

education is also very vital and important.

tobishills12 Tell your niggar to look for another hustle in the meantime... I may be wrong but i dont think Artistry pays that much in Naija. He didnt need to drop out of school to rely on Artistry. Something else that can pay in Nigeria, yeah, but not artistry. One thing I have learnt, passion nd talent is dope but it sometimes doesnt pay. Adekunle Gold for example,,,,, he sculpts, draws and even photoshops. But nobody had heard of him until he started singing. And he's so talented. All am saying is your niggar should work smart and not just follow his passion...

I hope i made my point

Http://Www.TheMchub.com
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by Honestly1: 11:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
Sorru o buh whoever wrote this story 8s so limited in thinking.. BTW, who said dropping from school to follow up ur passion is d best idea... I bet u stay in d village or so. I have friends who are better artists than YOU who finished school very well. Thry knew how to control their time , they still made money and still develop ed their cerrer and left school with good grade. U beter tell us y u left school. If you think dropping school to draw arts on paper is d best for you, better think twice. 300 level for thay matters. I am making my researches already to seee top artists that went to school. Be there comparing urself to seun and zukerberg. You have different destinies. You need someone to tell u d truth. Leaving school for this is a foolish idea. People have tougher passion and dreams to pursue yet they dint leave school.. good luck to you.

2 Likes

Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
haryomikun:
Fvking bad belle! U have no point alaye. Swerve abeg.

tobishills12 Tell your niggar to look for another hustle in the meantime... I may be wrong but i dont think Artistry pays that much in Naija. He didnt need to drop out of school to rely on Artistry. Something else that can pay in Nigeria, yeah, but not artistry. One thing I have learnt, passion nd talent is dope but it sometimes doesnt pay. Adekunle Gold for example,,,,, he sculpts, draws and even photoshops. But nobody had heard of him until he started singing. And he's so talented. All am saying is your niggar should work smart and not just follow his passion...

I hope i made my point

Http://Www.TheMchub.com
what's your problem?
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
Check this.....

2 Likes

Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
More...

2 Likes

Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by netx(m): 1:14am On Feb 29, 2016
tobishills12:
And who said school is compulsory?

It no news that unemployment is the bane of Nigeria population, and its equally no news that entrepreneurship is the most recommended solution to this problem. The surprising part is that most youth won't still explore their ability. An average Naija youth prefer to submit to that school that gives him Education Technology rather than Engineering which he initially applied for with the mind that "shebi Yoruba graduates are working in bank".

Well just like the Gates, zuckerberg and his likes, our own Seun Osewa stood up out of all odds and followed his passion. He withdrew from the school why some people might have carried rumors that he was expelled, now the school can relate with him as one of its alumnus.

Just like Seun, another Nigerian has out of all odds taken a bold step to his future, a 300level student of a Nigerian federal university withdrew to face his career, with the mind that the school will never teach him what he needs, thus its better he looks for it elsewhere, maybe through "personal development".

And so nairalanders... I present to you, a nairalander, one of us Jimmykozz. He left school to further his development on his passion which is artwork. My prayer is that it pays at the end just as it's paying for Seun presently and continuously

Despite the odds, Good job bro.
check out megastoreinc.com
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by netx(m): 1:17am On Feb 29, 2016
mobikay:
Check this.....
check out megastoreinc.com, you gonna love it
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by omron(m): 6:05am On Feb 29, 2016
popesam1:
He try though, you should work more on this. May God crown your effort@op
yes
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by missjahiniekpe(f): 6:42am On Feb 29, 2016
Like seriously? Mehn 300 level is too close to give up. You should have married both, av seen working class student before. life is unpredictable, so to be on the safe side you look before you leap to have what to fall back to., it is called back up plan ... Well i wish you all the best
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by delishpot: 7:05am On Feb 29, 2016
Nice one. But try showcase more Natural African ladies and children.

As for school, I had a pal back in the uni days he did this same thing. He did it as a side job in the comfort of his hostel room and completed his programme
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by Oghumu1(m): 10:16am On Feb 29, 2016
God fill u with wise thought and knowledge to do exploits. I miss the good old days I play with my pen drawing a motorcycle parked in front of me, and people even dash me money for it then but education killed the talent, they wanted me to be a banker/ lawyer/ doctor/ pilot. And they never wanted to invest in the talent. OP please believe and do it well, Talent helps a lot.
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by Junior01: 4:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
If Art work is your passion and what makes you happy then go for it. You have all my support with regards the decision you made. I'm glad you found the talent God gave you and you are beginning to exploit it. I wish you success and Goodluck. As for others that are reading this yes it's true education is important but then life is all about happiness and doing what you love. Find your talent and build on it because I believe God has deposited on each and every one of us one gift or the other. God bless and keep us safe.
Re: See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career by dmexy33: 7:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
Timbuktu14:
I disagree. Ever heard of MichaelAngelo? Does Leonardo Da Vinci ring a bell? How about El Greco? Edward Hooper?

These are artists/painters that died long long time ago and most of their works have been lost in antiquity BUT, the ones people lay their hands on are being auctioned at ridiculous prices at exhibition centres in Europe and America! A particular MichaelAngelo's painting was sold for $6million in 2010. The same painting was put up for sale in Berlin last month... Biddings began at €7million. The winner won the bid at €9.2million.

Is it really dead? I don't think so.

i am not suppose to say this but i tink its important for u to know.
the sale of antique artworks is one of the ways the super rich transfer illegal money without sanctions internationally.
thats you can see one person buying like 10-20 different artworks in a month.
anyways, we are talking abt recent times, 20-21st century.
look at music too, do u still buy cd plates or cassettes wen u download mp3 for free?
ever wondered y upcoming artists with talents never gt off the ground?
think deeper!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Visits Landmark University With His Wife / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 3rd Edition / Some Things You Can Only Find In A Female Hostel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.