Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

FG To Establish National Carrier - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Establish National Carrier (20278 Views)

Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier / Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier / FG To Merge Arik, Aero As National Carrier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by modath(f): 9:40am On Feb 29, 2016
GenBuhari:
Madam,
A national airline is a matter of national pride and prestige.

When even small countries like Ethiopian and Kenya have national airlines, Nigeria needs to have one to be taken seriously in the community of nations as an African superpower.

Our lack of Airline means Nigerian travellers have to pay more than other nationals to fly to and from Nigeria and are given poor service and disrespect by Airlines of certain countries.

Are Kenyans & Ethiopians like Nigerians?

Gen B, you seem not to get the issue, I would love a national carrier but our people don't know how to care for things that they don't have personal/vested interest...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by omohayek: 9:43am On Feb 29, 2016
It's so depressing to hear people talking of "prestige" and "pride" when the government can't even keep federal roads paved! How can so many people be so easily bamboozled into cheering for such a nonsensical ambition, especially considering the record of failure left by Nigeria Airways, Nitel, Nepa and every other government-run organization in Nigeria's history? Are memories really so short?

This project represents a total misallocation of resources, and demonstrates once and for all that Buhari is utterly clueless about economics.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by anonimi: 9:43am On Feb 29, 2016
Good move.
Finally Buhari may implement at least one campaign promise without CHANGING it.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856745_france1_jpegbcac12e5182a39792bfe884c7ba4f4fd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2534006_bac_jpegc61aa2b5c36e6eaed9536f13d8712e19

GMB‬ Speech While Addressing Nigeria Community In The United Kingdom.

I Will Maintain a modest lifestyle as President -Muhammadu Buhari.

“One of the major killers of our economy apart from corruption is waste. Our scarce resources are being plundered away very carelessly and unnecessarily wasted. Let me give an instance, presently, there are more than 6 aircraft in the presidential fleet. What do you call that? Billions of naira is budgeted every year for the maintenance of these aircraft not to talk of operational cost and other expenses.

You may want to ask what a Nigerian President is doing with so many aircraft when a Prime Minister of Britain fly around using the same public aircraft like an ordinary Briton.

Go and check and compare with that of any developed country in the world, the office of the Nigerian President is a very expensive one inspite our high level of poverty, lack and joblessness. Despite all these, you still find a Nigerian Minister spending about N10billion to charter an aircraft for just one year. Now, for me, when we come into office, all these waste will be blocked and properly channelled into our economy. We intend for instance, to bring back our National carrier, the Nigerian airways. [size=14pt]We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian airways[/size] and within a year increase the fleet into about 20.

More from: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=217159

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3389413_image7_jpeg0732f13267acada79ff6f1cbe3254162

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by modath(f): 9:44am On Feb 29, 2016
Firefire:

A welcome development...

This will surely be a source of income to the FG and reduce our capital flight and boost our economy, if properly managed.

Tell me one thing, just one that government owns that isn't a Dud? I'm waiting.......... cool

@ omohayek ... howdy? we are saying the same thing but in different ways....

Just wondering why we can't just stop let the past be & face the future...
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by Dee60: 9:45am On Feb 29, 2016
There is nothing wrong with having A Nigeria Airways where FG has minority shares. Wait till he gives details before you crucify him!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by Sexytemi(f): 9:45am On Feb 29, 2016
when i read some posts on nl i feel like vomiting.....can u imagine that Nigeria as a country doesn't have a national carrier, and instead of people been happy that we're about having one, they are here saying trash cox the president ain't their fav person, or cox he's not their candidate....am 100% sure if it were d other one(gej ) that tot of this, it would have been a welcome idea to them...
smh
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by Acidosis(m): 9:46am On Feb 29, 2016
senier007:
Change is when we start patronising our product over foreign product
Change is never a scam
Change is a process
Change is dynamic
Change is painful from the beginning
Change is when leaders are working for the masses
Change is inevitable
Change is when consequences have equal action
Change is when wailers wail all the time
Change is a gradual process
Change also have enemies
Change is a "group thinking" result
But at the END we will all be proud of our country

Change is here to stay
Signs of confusion

2 Likes

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by Firefire(m): 9:48am On Feb 29, 2016
modath:

Tell me one thing, just one that government owns that isn't a Dud? I'm waiting..........

I understand your view, but I presume we are in CHANGE ? grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by Acidosis(m): 9:49am On Feb 29, 2016
Ahahahahah
This is coming after he denied the N5000 feeding money.

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by oliver003: 9:50am On Feb 29, 2016
Why PMB is departing from all what he said during his campaign . During campaign he was asked about bringing back the national carrier, I watched that interview myself and his response was that his concerned on how to develop railways system because the railway will benefit poor nigerians than the national carrier. Had he finished developed the rail systems?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by ATERI(m): 9:55am On Feb 29, 2016
Nice one
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by majamajic(m): 9:55am On Feb 29, 2016
Nigeria should forget about airline business, they cant handle it.

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:56am On Feb 29, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Seriously.
Government properties are seen as no man's properties
When will this useless government realise that restructuring Nigeria is the path to prosperity and security
True Federalism, privatisation etc are essential for growth and development
it seems its easier & cheaper 4 some wailerz 2 reason tru dia anal openins diz dayz.
pls u & dat one dat u quoted shld start developin +ve nationalistic mindsets hencefort. thenks.
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by sapientia(m): 10:06am On Feb 29, 2016
What happened to Nigerian Airways...if you dont know what.. it will happen to this one again

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by CaptainMarvel(m): 10:08am On Feb 29, 2016
senier007:
Change is never a scam
Change is a process
Change is dynamic
Change is inevitable
Change also have enemies

Change is here to stay
God bless you for this
I STAND with PMB
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by chanx: 10:08am On Feb 29, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Seriously.
Government properties are seen as no man's properties
When will this useless government realise that restructuring Nigeria is the path to prosperity and security
True Federalism, privatisation etc are essential for growth and development

Agreed but to own one isn't a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by phranseeqz(m): 10:28am On Feb 29, 2016
senier007:
Change is never a scam
Change is a process
Change is dynamic
Change is inevitable
Change also have enemies

Change is here to stay

Nice one. Thanks for removing the "change is always positive" part. However, change can be a "scam" in varying climes. Lol
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 29, 2016
senier007:
Change is never a scam
Change is a process
Change is dynamic
Change is inevitable
Change also have enemies

Change is here to stay

God bless you.
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by redcliff: 10:36am On Feb 29, 2016
modath:

I personally don't like this!! National carrier for what exactly?

Pmb should stop reminiscing about Nigerian Airways ojare, that is dead and gone..

No matter how noble the idea is,it's almost a sure bet that it would fail, Nigerians are not nationalistic in our dealings..

Government should restrict itself to creating enabling environment for private airline businesses to thrive not "owning" one...

My 2k. cool

I think the best thing is to have NA and hand it over to private national operators who would oversee the daily operations of the airline. In that way, nothing is lost. The nigerian government role in this would be more executive than technical..
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by bewla(m): 10:38am On Feb 29, 2016
senier007:
Change is never a scam
Change is a process
Change is dynamic
Change is inevitable
Change also have enemies

Change is here to stay
I like that eleven line grin
senier007:
Change is never a scam
Change is a process
Change is dynamic
Change is inevitable
Change also have enemies

Change is here to stay
I like that eleven line
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 29, 2016
oliver003:
Why PMB is departing from all what he said during his campaign . During campaign he was asked about bringing back the national carrier, I watched that interview myself and his response was that his concerned on how to develop railways system because the railway will benefit poor nigerians than the national carrier. Had he finished developed the rail systems?
misplaced priorities,but on the other hand those railways will never work because transport companies will sabotage it

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by tritt(m): 10:42am On Feb 29, 2016
senier007:
Change is never a scam
Change is a process
Change is dynamic
Change is inevitable
Change also have enemies

Change is here to stay
Change as well can be either Negative or Positive.

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by cana882(m): 10:43am On Feb 29, 2016
modath:

Pmb should stop reminiscing about Nigerian Airways ojare, that is dead and gone..

No matter how noble the idea is,it's almost a sure bet that it would fail, Nigerians are not nationalistic in our dealings..

Government should restrict itself to creating enabling environment for private airline businesses to thrive not "owning" one...

My 2k. cool

it will be a source of income for the government and create employment. most of all, all cash gotten moves into the TSA so it's not a waste of time or resources.
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by cana882(m): 10:48am On Feb 29, 2016
cekhoe:
misplaced priorities,but on the other hand those railways will never work because transport companies will sabotage it
exactly bro... many obstacles impeding development in this country. We have natural gas but no power supply. Not because it's impossible, but because of some Forces which when confronted, screams injustice...

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by Whyem15: 10:58am On Feb 29, 2016
Thank God, you now know you do not deserve to be treated as a human because you are a Nigerian, thank God you now know you deserve to be cheated the way private institutions are cheating you because you are a Nigerian, thank God you now know you do not deserve to be recognized international because you are Nigerian, thank God you now know you are little more than an animal thay cares only for himself and nor about others because you are Nigerian, thank God you now know you lack organization, just because you are q Nigerian, thank God you now know you are different from human beings just because you are a Nigerian, but pls note, all Nigerians aren't like you
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by rusher14: 11:00am On Feb 29, 2016
modath:

Tell me one thing, just one that government owns that isn't a Dud? I'm waiting.......... cool

@ omohayek ... howdy? we are saying the same thing but in different ways....

Just wondering why we can't just stop let the past be & face the future...

Why do you think a national carrier must be wholly financed by government?

Government could own a stake, just as in a joint venture, the expertise, operations and part financing might come from external investors (even local), whilst the back bone and infrastructure might also be from private sector.

So, making a deal with say Qatar air which has been operating for quite a while now as partners can make our own national carrier not only a source of prestige as some have stated but a source of income and employment.

Find out about KLM, Air France etc.
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 29, 2016
cana882:
exactly bro... many obstacles impeding development in this country. We have natural gas but no power supply. Not because it's impossible, but because of some Forces which when confronted, screams injustice...
it's sis, not bro,anyway , when I see certain things I am more convinced that our problems are so many from tribalism to relgion to greed and personal interest, if we can eradicate all this,only then can we be a nation, because I for one don't believe we are a nation just yet,maybe paper but in reality, not at all

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by Whyem15: 11:03am On Feb 29, 2016
Thank God, you now know you do not deserve to be treated as a human because you are a Nigerian, thank God you now know you deserve to be cheated the way private institutions are cheating you because you are a Nigerian, thank God you now know you do not deserve to be recognized international because you are Nigerian, thank God you now know you are little more than an animal thay cares only for himself and nor about others because you are Nigerian, thank God you now know you lack organization, just because you are q Nigerian, thank God you now know you are different from human beings just because you are a Nigerian, but pls note, all Nigerians aren't like you
modath:

Are Kenyans & Ethiopians like Nigerians?
Gen B, you seem not to get the issue, I would love a national carrier but our people don't know how to care for things that they don't have personal/vested interest...
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by OfficialIYANU(m): 11:03am On Feb 29, 2016
modath:

My 2k. cool

YOU and your words are a terrible lot! May God forgive all you enemies of this country!

TUFIAKWA!!! TWUEEEH!
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 29, 2016
senier007:
Change is never a scam
Change is a process
Change is dynamic
Change is inevitable
Change also have enemies

Change is here to stay

You can say that again and again
Re: FG To Establish National Carrier by cana882(m): 11:07am On Feb 29, 2016
cekhoe:
it's sis, not bro,anyway , when I see certain things I am more convinced that our problems are so many from tribalism to relgion to greed and personal interest, if we can eradicate all this,only then can we be a nation, because I for one don't believe we are a nation just yet,maybe paper but in reality, not at all
sorry for the gender mismatch.. you've said it all sis. Why will I support a criminal or a political thief just because we belong to same religion or hail from same state or tribe. That's not encouraging development. Everyone should be reasonable and responsible for his/her actions. Bless you sis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed By A Hotel / Booking Agency At Murtala Mohammed Airport / Car Bursts Into Flames On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / What You Need To Do If You Get Lost In An Unfamiliar City In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.