Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week (15527 Views)

Buhari Tops BBC's Africa's Best Quotes of 2015 / 10 Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 / 58 Quotable Quotes Of Goodluck Jonathan As He Turns 58 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Kelklein(m): 11:04am On Feb 29, 2016
1. “We did not say we will employ, we said we will create jobs.”
- Minister for Information, Lai Mohammed speaking on APC campaign promises (Source: Channels TV)

2. “If any INEC officer is bent on rigging the rerun elections, let him first tell his wife and children where his will is located because he will be treated as a political armed robber.”
- Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state warning those planning to rig the last rerun general elections in the state(Source: Nigerian Tribune)

3. “I have been a military governor, petroleum minister, military Head of State and headed the Petroleum Trust Fund. Never had I heard the words ‘budget padding.’”
- President Muhammadu Buhari vowing to punish those responsible for the distortion of the 2016 federal budget, while addressing the Nigerian community in Saudi Arabia (Source: Premium Times)

4. “In the 2015 presidential election, the APC was more prepared for defeat than for victory. The party did not expect to win and clearly had no agenda for victory.”
- A scholar and international affairs expert , Femi Aribisala, criticising the APC-led federal government over its handling of the Nigerian economy (Source: Premium Times)

5. “If he hadn’t inherited $200 million, you know where Donald Trump would be right now? Selling watches in Manhattan.”
- Republican presidential candidate in the U.S, Marco Rubio calling out his rival, Donald Trump for his privileged background, during a recent GOP debate (Source: CNN)

6. “His holiness cannot be killed; He is not a mere mortal like the rest of us.”
- An unnamed member of Rev. King’s Christian Pentecostal Assembly reportedly said of the Supreme Court judgment upholding the death sentence against King (Source: The Nation newspaper)

7. “Next month marks a year since President @Mbuhari was elected. There’s a time for everything. The time for blaming @GEJonathan should be over.”
- Senator Ben Murray-Bruce(Source: Twitter)

8. “The federal government did not build “a single new road” in the last 10 years."
- Vice President Yomi Osibanjo speaking at the pastors and leaders retreat of the Fountain of Life Church in Ilupeju, Lagos(Source: Daily Post Nigeria)

9. “I cannot run away; I am Ayo Fayose. If you hit me, you hit trouble, if I hit you, you will be in trouble.”
-The governor of Ekiti state, Mr. Ayodele Fayose accusing APC-led federal government of planning to make Nigeria an Islamic state (Source: Nigerian Tribune)

10. “It’s time, it’s time, it’s time for a woman in the White House.”
- A crowd in Columbia, South Carolina reportedly chanted after U.S Democratic presidential candidate, Hilary Clinton’s landslide win in the South Carolina primary(Source: Aljazeera)

Credit:: Premium Times

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by looseweight: 6:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hmmm....

Ayo fayose is on point.

Rev king will die by hanging

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Dobxy(m): 6:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
I'll comeback to read them!
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by YunusObaje: 6:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin and LAI MOHAMMED Tops the list as always.... number one liar of all times

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
The first quote deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for "Lying".

The 7th one deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for "Common sense".

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by kennyman2000(m): 6:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.. That fayose quote is very funny. Double troube!

God bless u op for this thread. It really made my day.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

4 Likes

Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Sunnycliff(m): 6:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
6 is the height of imbecility, 7 is a worthy lesson for the zombies! 8 is a shocking lie that the devil will be ashamed to say

3 Likes

Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by AmAlbert(m): 6:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
I been come here sha...
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Akerry(m): 6:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
hehehehehehehehe
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by UnknownT: 6:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
Liar Moh'd doesn't disappoint grin
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by JingoOAU(m): 6:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
Fayose describing himself as a rock??

Tot OBJ broke the rock into pieces sometimes ago...

Buhari wouldn't want to deal with Fayose so that they wouldn't see him as a dictator...

As for wike, just know that Karma is a bitch...whatever you sow, you reap. if truly FG is interested in rigging, they will rig successfully and you will do nothing. Most you approach the court, and they retire the judges and put in judges who are sympathisers to APC.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Vidamia(m): 6:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
Politician with sided mouth
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by hotkaycee(m): 6:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
bull shit
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by ademega(m): 6:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
hmmm.
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by wunmi590(m): 6:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
I knew lier mohammed would not be left out.

#BabaElenuJijoBiApere
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by centyboy: 6:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
Vanity Upon Vanity... cry
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
Corellating all been said, its evident that most Nigeria leaders have already lost tge track. Reasoning in a hoofty melodrama and siloqiosis of infredum. Due to the Trump background, one can easily say he's been oppotuned and flunted.

Anyways...

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by hotkaycee(m): 6:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
OK oooo
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by ipledge10(m): 6:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
Chai Marco Rubio wicked....thats a killer punch
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by daniska3yaro(m): 6:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
No 9
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by cornel994(m): 6:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
Mr liar
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Elzends(m): 6:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
I won't be paying #5000 to unemployed graduates.... Pmb
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by ercel: 6:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
Quotable quotes from politicians who don't mean a word from all they said!
By next year all those quotes will have different meaning from same people.
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Ayoswit(f): 6:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
I wont pay unemployed graduates 5,000 rather i would develop d agricultural sector- buhari
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by efilefun(m): 6:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sunnycliff:
6 is the height of imbecility, 7 is a worthy lesson for the zombies! 8 is a shocking lie that the devil will be ashamed to say
why not list the roads instead of telling us he lied... Show us evidence and we all would call the pastor to order or you just shove ur opinion deep down inside your arse

3 Likes

Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Siberia101: 6:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
Aribisala On point

1 Like

Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
Politriks and polithiefcians quote
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by seunwen2(m): 6:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
Liar Muhammed the father of all lies
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by Owoloku1: 6:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
Lai Muhammed ehn....dat guy deserves an award abeg..

PMB no know say since e leave office the first time, new ways of stealing money don comot
Re: 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week by mightyrocket(m): 6:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
I've heard u

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo Election : Aggrieved Aspirants Plan To Dump APC - Punch / Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate / Precious Chikwendu's Interview About The Abuse In Her Marriage (Full Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.