Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream (3670 Views)

Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times / Dear Nigerians: “corruption” Is Not The Problem And It Never Has Been! / Oh Dear! Nigerians Reacts To Governor Oshiomhole's Suit To The White House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by Orikinla(m): 9:26am On Mar 01, 2016
Dear Nigerians, I know that millions of you who supported and voted for the election of President Muhammadu Buhari of the new ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC) are already disappointed by the misfortunes you are seeing today, because your great expectations for positive change have become like dreams full of nightmares. And the state of uncertainty has left you in a state of anxiety and angst.

Only few of the federal ministers look capable of really being efficient. The others are full of apologies and excuses. They are waiting for the approval of the national budget before they can function very well. But they have been collecting their salaries, attending events and taking selfies like celebrities; and then they send their errand boys and girls to post them on Nairaland, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, competing for Likes and Shares with the movie stars and music stars. But our public primary and secondary schools, federal colleges of education, polytechnics and universities are in terrible state while the Hon. Minister of Education is still day dreaming and His Excellency and peers send their children to Ivy League schools in the UK, US and other developed countries. Only their children deserve good education?
Our public health centres and hospitals are not good enough for His Excellency, President Buhari and his cabinet and so they are always flying overseas on medical trips and wasting billions of naira that should be spent on improving our health centres and hospitals. Our airports are still smelling of poo and our motor-parks have no toilets.

Should I continue or should I join them in their childish and foolish blame game? Continue to blame former President Goodluck Jonathan for the big mess he left behind for the new government or blame the APC that was not prepared to take over the national government?

The scandalous first national budget of the APC government is the handwriting on the wall and the message is clear for us that if we don't hold them accountable now, they are going to fail us.
N10 billion to build new official houses for the Speaker and Senate President! N10 billion will build two mega shopping malls that will create more than 1, 000 new jobs for Nigerians in need of jobs.
A scandalous national budget is enough to sack the principal officials in the Ministry of Finance, but instead of addressing their gross incompetence, the President is looking for scapegoats when he should first look at the man in the mirror and ask himself, "Am I the Nigerian Dream?".
No sir, you are not our Nigerian Dream. But please, don't be our Nigerian Nightmare.

Nigerians have seen enough horrors and we don't want to see anymore! We need change, but not a fraudulent change.
Let us pray...

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by HungerBAD: 9:27am On Mar 01, 2016
Slow day? look for something else to write about.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by adult91: 9:32am On Mar 01, 2016
My brother u try waste time for wetin u suffer compose. Rather than put this on a front page as u wished, u will see things like" how Mr Ibu pose for chair on his child's wedding day".

In other case, if em like Mk em be dream president, if em no like Mk em be vision president, for us to type anything on nairaland na idleness cause am

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 01, 2016
No single person can solve Nigeria's myriads of problems, despite the noise the APC and its supporters made and are making. We are struggling with serious structural issues as a nation; and until we change this weak structure and give overwhelming powers to the states, there's NO going forward.

Well, I didn't expect anything meaningful from a man who didn't upgrade even his SSCE during the last 34 years; he lacks the information and mindset for a 2016 Nigeria. APC was never the solution from the outset.

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 01, 2016
The moment boko haram starts targeting top corrupt officials from Apc and PDP,I'm pledging my allegiance to them...

sad
Lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by funlord(m): 9:39am On Mar 01, 2016
grin
Orikinla:
Dear Nigerians, I know that millions of you who supported and voted for the election of President Muhammadu Buhari of the new ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC) are already disappointed by the misfortunes you are seeing today, because your great expectations for positive change have become like dreams full of nightmares. And the state of uncertainty has left you in a state of anxiety and angst. Only few of the federal ministers look capable of really being efficient. The others are full of apologies and excuses. They are waiting for the approval of the national budget before they can function very well. But they have been collecting their salaries, attending events and taking selfies like celebrities; and then they send their errand boys and girls to post them on Nairaland, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, competing for Likes and Shares with the movie stars and music stars. But our public primary and secondary schools, federal colleges of education, polytechnics and universities are in terrible state while the Hon. Minister of Education is still day dreaming and His Excellency and peers send their children to Ivy League schools in the UK, US and other developed countries. Only their children deserve good education? Our public health centres and hospitals are not good enough for His Excellency, President Buhari and his cabinet and so they are always flying overseas on medical trips and wasting billions of naira that should be spent on improving our health centres and hospitals. Our airports are still smelling of poo and our motorparks have no toilets. Should I continue or should I join them in their childish and foolish blame game? Continue to blame former President Goodluck Jonathan for the big mess he left behind for the new government or blame the APC that was not prepared to take over the national government? The scandalous first national budget of the APC government is the handwriting on the wall and the message is clear for us that if we don't hold them accountable now, they are going to fail us. N10 billion to build new official houses for the Speaker and Senate President! N10 billion will build two mega shopping malls that will create more than 1, 000 new jobs for Nigerians in need of jobs. A scandalous national budget is enough to sack the principal officials in the Ministry of Finance, but instead of addressing their gross incompetence, the President is looking for scapegoats when he should first look at the man in the mirror and ask himself, "Am I the Nigerian Dream?". No sir, you are not our Nigerian Dream. But please, don't be our Nigerian Nightmare. Nigerians have seen enough horrors and we don't want to see anymore! We need change, but not a fraudulent change. Let us pray...

My friend be sorry for yourself!

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:42am On Mar 01, 2016
Everybody just wants to create a thread.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by luvinhubby(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2016
Obasanjo went back schools after 8yrs as head of state, Gowon went back to school after 9yrs as head of state & became patron & ambassador of several international NGO's.

Buhari still has a controversial WASC, 150 cows, became grand patron of Fulani cattle rearers, has 2 bungalows & N950,000 30yrs after retirement as a millitary general & head of state, collecting pensions & entitlements all the while and you expect anything meaningful from him?

Is he not failure?

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by greatiyk4u(m): 9:47am On Mar 01, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Every just wants to create a thread.

I tire, why can't the OP speak 4 his self?
No genuine supporter is disappointed to the extent of loosing hope.......

Buhari may not be the best but surely not like the rest.

#Patronize my signature even if u don't like ma opinion

4 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by PoliticalThuG(m): 9:52am On Mar 01, 2016
greatiyk4u:

buhari is a big mistake nigerians make. He is not fit to be nigerian president

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by LordAdam: 9:57am On Mar 01, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Now he is not the best. I though you guys said he was the messiah!

I like how you guys are eating your words and playing defense after being in the offense for a long time.

Una period don dey end. If you don't want it to end, better advice Buhari to do something now. E never late. Setup fiscal policies, talk less, and do more.

-Lord

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by diasporaman(m): 9:59am On Mar 01, 2016
If he is not the Nigerian dream then he is the Nigerian nightmare

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by highpriest4: 10:00am On Mar 01, 2016
when zombies don make buhari their personal lord and savior

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by Sealeddeal(m): 10:30am On Mar 01, 2016
dearpreye:
No single person can solve Nigeria's myriads of problems, despite the noise the APC and its supporters made and are making. We are struggling with serious structural issues as a nation; and until we change this weak structure and give overwhelming powers to the states, there's NO going forward.

Well, I didn't expect anything meaningful from a man who didn't upgrade even his SSCE during the last 34 years; he lacks the information and mindset for a 2016 Nigeria. APC was never the solution from the outset.
The North is the greatest problem of Nigeria. So far as that region still maintain their present mindset that's anti-federalist, this country will never get any far. Buhari's regime is a northern regime and everything that will proceed from it will never help Nigeria. The very change APC want can't be achieved in Buhari's regime. The SW sponsors of Buhari believed in total empowerment of states or region but they have been cornered since Buhari has abandoned the 2014 national conference outcome.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by Goke7: 10:52am On Mar 01, 2016
dearpreye:

But you guys never raised these issues during the last administration, you were okay with all GEJ was doing as president.

Going back to those structural issues you have raised, when the structure was okay back in the 60s, we never appreciated it back then as some over zealous misguided young men destroyed that very beautiful structure. Sometimes its more difficult to get back what was destroyed unnecessarily, the aftermath of the foolish acts of those young men remains the major reason why we can't go back to what has been described as the best system of Government Nigeria ever had.

7 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by sdindan: 11:04am On Mar 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Slow day? look for something else to write about.

Is that all you have to say?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by drss(m): 11:41am On Mar 01, 2016
highpriest4:
when zombies don make buhari their personal lord and savior
hahahhahahaha no mind dem. Dem say even if buari present tissue paper, dem go vote am. make dem enjoy dem change.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by PassingShot(m): 12:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
[s]
dearpreye:

[/s]
Funny clown. The Ineffectual Buffoon was never an option. Buhari's statue would have still defeated him. So, stop crying unnecessarily about the last election loss.

Isn't it funny how supposed educated fellows like you allege that the president didn't upgrade his SSCE in 34 years despite ample evidences of his higher qualifications and positions? Just so you know, such allegation makes you look idiotic.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by PassingShot(m): 12:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
Orikinla or whatever you call yourself, your ranting lacks substance and depth. All the economic problems were inherited and they won't just fly away without solving them from the root, and that's what the president is doing.

PMB has already scored high in the area of insurgency and corruption and soon his efforts at resuscitating the economy will pay off too.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by PassingShot(m): 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
luvinhubby:
Obasanjo went back schools after 8yrs as head of state, Gowon went back to school after 9yrs as head of state & became patron & ambassador of several international NGO's.

Buhari still has a controversial WASC, 150 cows, became grand patron of Fulani cattle rearers, has 2 bungalows & N950,000 30yrs after retirement as a millitary general & head of state, collecting pensions & entitlements all the while and you expect anything meaningful from him?

Is he not failure?
GEJ has PhD and still looked on like the Ineffectual Buffoon that he is while the economy was being destroyed. So, What's your point?

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by luvinhubby(m): 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2016
PassingShot:

GEJ has PhD and still looked on like the Ineffectual Buffoon that he is while the economy was being destroyed. So, What's your point?

That Buhari has displayed gross incompetence before & now. There is absolutely nothing in his track record to show he is better than the 'ineffectual buffoon', therefore i am not expecting anything better than GEJ's performance from him.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by PassingShot(m): 12:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
luvinhubby:

That Buhari has displayed gross incompetence before & now. There is absolutely nothing in his track record to show he is better than the 'ineffectual buffoon', therefore i am not expecting anything better than GEJ's performance from him.
Buhari is far better than the Ineffectual Buffoon. Under PMB, you can be sure of not witnessing mindless corrupt practices from his ministers and other appointed govt officials. And you also be assured that anyone involved in corruption will be dealt with promptly.

Fighting insurgency is also an area you dare not compare the IB with Buhari.

And surely, in a matter of 12 months from now, the economy will be healthy again as a result of the president's efforts and you will know that the Jona daft was a sleeping duck indeed.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by BeClever: 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
PassingShot:

Buhari is far better than the Ineffectual Buffoon. Under PMB, you can be sure of not witnessing mindless corrupt practices from his ministers and other appointed govt officials. And you also be assured that anyone involved in corruption will be dealt with promptly.

And surely, in a matter of 12 months from now, the economy will be healthy again as a result of the president's efforts and you will know that the Jona daft was a sleeping duck indeed.

My brother I shall bookmark this your post and reply you after 12months.

Just don't treat me like Lair Muhafairytale then.

Thank you.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by obailala(m): 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
dearpreye:

Buhari promised 3 main things, security, corruption and economy. Somehow, some way, some progress has been made in the decimation of boko haram; hopefull, more would be done.

For corruption, if not for anything, you will agree that people in power today now watch their backs before they engage in their usual acts of stealing and corruption. Even though we still have a long way to go in cleaning up the system, you will agree it's no longer so easy to steal any more and those caught in the act will not be left untouched.

In terms of the economy, unfortunately the average economy we had before was crippled to zero before power was handed to Buhari, no thanks to the continuos crash in oil prices and the 2015 elections which gulped enormous funds. He may so far appear to founder in this area but that is only an illusion since the real results of whatever efforts he makes today would only be felt in the long term.

About APC not being the solution, I do not know about that because they still have 3 years to prove themselves before the next election. But one thing I was sure of is the fact that PDP was definitely not the solution and they confirmed, reconfirmed and removed all doubts about this fact in their 16 years rule. Now is definitely the time to try something else and patience is key.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
awon oloriburuku eda...

onikekuje, wöbia, awon olofo, awon alsedanu...

awon ti aye won ko ni daa!!!

imagine!!!

Just a year in office (not 16yrs), these fools will not let us rest...

how abt they always ensure that their arguments are in relation to the price of crude oil and the major dependence of the nation on crude oil?

how abt they bottle their arguments with CORRUPTION trying to fight back and their PDP counterparts who ensured that policies were frustrated?

how abt all that for logic?

no!!!

you can't give what u dnt possess...even if u do, u dnt have it!!!

brain = zero!!!

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2016
dearpreye:

no sense!!!

he didn't upgrade his SSCE? ; D

Did u just type that?

so, because he chose military education over the conventional university, he didn't upgrade? lol

so, the educations he sought both home and abroad as a military man is what? downgrade? grin ; D

so, a man who finishes his SSCE and started courses on fashion, etc is not better than the ones who went to the university?

lol...I bow

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by Orikinla(m): 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
greatiyk4u:

. Being disappointed does not mean loss of hope. We are talking and we are still working. But the insecurity of a tribe in Nigeria affects the rest of the country. When fulani herdsmen destroy your farmlands, then how can you and your people survive? By keeping quiet? Every reasonable opinion on any discussion is beneficial to someone. Those who are tired of commentaries addressing the shortcomings of any administration can move on. It is not by force to comment. The government must prove to be accountable. OAU has a health emergency and where is the Minister of Health? They will not bother, because their own children are not in danger of such an emergency. How many of their sons and daughters attend federal universities and live on campus? How would they be bothered when the critical situation is not affecting them? Rampaging Fulani herfsmen invaded a local government and massacred 300 people and the President did not see it as a state of emergency? When the shooting and killing of some students in an American school made US President Barack Obama to call for a national vigil after a national broadcast on the tragedy. President Muhammadu Buhari is playing dangerous politics with the lives of millions of Nigerians. Have they arrested the terrorists on rampage in the Middle Belt? Boko Haram insurgents are not the only terrorists in Nigeria. Have they disarmed the Fulani herdsmen using military weapons without license? And some people want us to keep quiet? Keeping silent means consent to the impunity of the tyranny of a tribe oppressing another tribe. Imagine what would have happened if Igbos or Yorubas invaded and massacred Hausa Fulanis in Kano? Ignorance has destroyed more lives and properties than political corruption. Ignorance has killed more Nigerians than Boko Haram. And it is the ignorace of our constitutional rights they have been using to suffer us gladly. Everyday Nigerian girls are kidnapped and transported across the borders by sex traffickers to other countries and the government cannot stop them? Only cowards and fools keep quiet under the jackboots of tyranny and maladministration of an irresponsible government. And you don't have to agree with me, but I have the right to my opinion no matter whose ox gored,

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by LadyExcellency: 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
PassingShot:

Stop consoling yourself, Buhari is no where comparable to Goodluck Jonathan in any ramification.

You have outgrown this "my papa no keep inheritance (estates) for me before his death" that's why you're poor.

Buhari has failed, he had the goodwill and political capital in the first four months of his administration to add to what past administrations did but he blew everything and rendered our capital market comatose while foreign investors took to their heels amid uncertainties.

As we speak, there is no clear economic policy to woo investors and drive the market.

Learn to be silent when it is evident that you've no convincing defense.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by PassingShot(m): 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Stop consoling yourself, Buhari is no where comparable to Goodluck Jonathan in any ramification.

You have outgrown this "my papa no keep inheritance (estates) for me before his death" that's why you're poor.

Buhari has failed, he had the goodwill and political capital in the first four months of his administration to add to what past administrations did but he blew everything and rendered our capital market comatose while foreign investors took to their heels amid uncertainties.

As we speak, there is no clear economic policy to woo investors and drive the market.

Learn to be silent when it is evident that you've no convincing defense.
Why not do a poll to clear your doubt and ignorant, wailer?

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2016
PassingShot:

You claim Jonathan destroyed d economy,Naira was stable,people were not loosing Jobs,the hardship was not much,now dat Buhari has entered and claims to be fighting corruption,things are getting worse,You guys are clowns! We are tired of hearing on paper Jonathan destroyed d economy,find another story cos Buhari has buried our economy,the people are wiser and propaganda can't decieve them again!

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:

Buhari promised 3 main things, security, corruption and economy. Somehow, some way, some progress has been made in the decimation of boko haram; hopefull, more would be done.

For corruption, if not for anything, you will agree that people in power today now watch their backs before they engage in their usual acts of stealing and corruption. Even though we still have a long way to go in cleaning up the system, you will agree it's no longer so easy to steal any more and those caught in the act will not be left untouched.

In terms of the economy, unfortunately the average economy we had before was crippled to zero before power was handed to Buhari, no thanks to the continuos crash in oil prices and the 2015 elections which gulped enormous funds. He may so far appear to founder in this area but that is only an illusion since the real results of whatever efforts he makes today would only be felt in the long term.

About APC not being the solution, I do not know about that because they still have 3 years to prove themselves before the next election. But one thing I was sure of is the fact that PDP was definitely not the solution and they confirmed, reconfirmed and removed all doubts about this fact in their 16 years rule. Now is definitely the time to try something else and patience is key.
When u say pdp failed for 16yrs,is it with Obj,Ameachi and other Pdp members dat were in Pdp for d 16yrs but are now saints in Apc,are they d people dat we should try differently?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another N116bn Fraud Busted: See Names Of Those To Refund The Cash / Gabon Minister Humiliated In France; Will Nigerians In Diaspora Copy Trend? / Gandollarje Sex Video Trending Now, ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.