Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima (48918 Views)

"IPOB Crisis Bigger Than Boko Haram" - Kashim Shettima / Governor Kashim Shettima Harvests Cucumbers From His Farm (Photos) / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by viviangist3: 9:32am On Mar 01, 2016
Beside every succesful Man is a strong, patient and supportive woman - Great greatest testimony.
Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima has revealed for the first time to any Newspaper, that his wife, Hajiya Nana Shettima went as far being ready to die with him in September, 2014.
Shettima, who told the story of what led to his wife's decision, spoke in reaction to the award won by Nana Shettima as The Sun's Most Supportive First Lady for the year, 2015, which was presented to her at an occasion attended by high profile ditaries including President Muhammadu Buhari who was represented by Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Governors of Lagos, Anambra and Ogun State with their wives, Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, captains of industry and celebrities in the entertainment sector, which held on Saturday, February 20, 2016, at the Convention center of Eko Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos.
19 deserving Nigerians including Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Governor Willy Obiano of Anambra State won various awards as Man of the Year and Governor of the Year, 2015, respectively with the awards differently presented to them in persons.
Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima couldn't travel to Lagos for the award because he was preparing to accompany depart Nigeria for Saudi Arabia that Saturday ahead of President Muhammadu Buhari, as he was assigned by the President to be a member of the delegation. Borno's Deputy Governor, Usman Mamman Durkwa was there at the event and so were key personalities from Borno who traveled all the way to support their first lady.
Governor Shettima however, personally signed a message he emailed to The Sun Newspapers yesterday, Sunday, which was sent through his spokesman, Isa Gusau, for the purpose of making a revelation about his wife and to affirm the selection made by The Sun Newspapers.
The Borno Governor started by talking about the decision of his wife to visit Chibok soon after the April 14, 2014 abduction of over 200 schoolgirls at Government Secondary School, Chibok. Nana Shettima actually traveled to Chibok by road from Maiduguri at a time Boko Haram insurgents were burying mines on the road. Her bold decision makes her so far the only woman around the corridor of power that defied the fears of landmines to travel to Chibok by road at that time.
"My wife's decision to drive to Chibok at that dreadful time, really surprised me but what shocked me more was in September, 2014" Shettima began to reveal.
"There was a point everyone thought Maiduguri, the seat of Government, was about being overrun by Boko Haram. I was out of Nigeria when that fear was so intense. Some people around me said I must not return to Borno but I made up my mind to come back, I believed it was better for me to be killed serving my people than for Maiduguri and two million internally displaced citizens to fall to Boko Haram with a coward Governor abroad. I told my wife, I was ready to face death. I left her on Thursday, 4th September in Abuja, it was a highly emotional moment for both of us. I told her to stay back in Abuja so she could at least take care of our kids if anything happened to me. We parted I flew into Maiduguri. I did a state broadcast on Friday, September 5 and was moving round to raise the spirit of citizens. To my shock, my wife came into Maiduguri on Saturday, preparing to face whatever I was going to face. That is the extent of her support for me" Governor Shettima revealed.
At a time some women may look forward to inheriting fortunes from men in power, a woman who was ready to die for her husband, couldn't have deserved less than a prestigious award by the Sun Newspapers as being Nigeria’s Most Supportive First Lady

Report By http://www.viviangist.com/my-wife-went-as-far-being-ready-to-die-with-me-in-2014-gov-kashim-shettima

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by zadok60: 9:33am On Mar 01, 2016
With the way our girls are treating us now ehn,i wonder what will happen when the un-expected happens...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by Richardonald(m): 9:36am On Mar 01, 2016
I see, ur wife love you but she may be playing to die for u, becoz she knows u are going 2 succeed but when the deeds come she will excuse herself, i know women

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by zadok60: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2016
Richardonald:
I see, ur wife love you but she may be playing to die for u, becoz she knows u are going 2 succeed but when the deeds come she will excuse herself, i know women
women will always be women

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by eyeview: 10:10am On Mar 01, 2016
Yet,it will not still stop you from marrying a small girl sometime later,that is if you don't haave other wives already

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by aminho(m): 10:47am On Mar 01, 2016
Aunty nana sai godiya i can testify to your humbleness

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by Tunami(m): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2016
polithiefcians and lies.
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by sukkot: 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
ride or die binsh. gangsta binsh

1 Like

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by Aitee1: 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
zadok60:

women will always be women
Richardonald:

Including your mum angry

14 Likes

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by Ayantoyeopeyem(f): 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
Obinrin rere! We women should learn to always stand by our husbands.
I LOVE MY HUSBAND

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
I can die for my wife too...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by seunlayi(m): 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
She already looked into the crystal ball and seen what today will look like. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by mynd1(f): 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
grin
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by healthyarena(f): 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
ok o
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by Ask4bigneyo(m): 1:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
I
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by kachnov(m): 1:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ok
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
Virtuous woman like me. Pretty too.
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by miqos02(m): 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
ok
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by delectablegyal(f): 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ayantoyeopeyem:
Obinrin rere! We women should learn to always stand by our husbands.
I LOVE MY HUSBAND

you love ya husband abi ki lo so?

Ti wizzy bafe ti oko bo e ni idi, se o ni gba? Liar.
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by NobleAngell(f): 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2016
No mind Dem jarey. They both knew they won't die. No be dia people?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by Onyiibazz: 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
I just came here to do nothing.
If you're a lover of Nigerian folk music, check my signature now, i just uploaded a wonderful piece now
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by ngmgeek(m): 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ready to die.
I so pity some people smiley
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by seangy4konji: 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ur name was taken to a baba lawo years ago by the same woman an she saw future is bright.

If baba lawo had said otherwise?

She would v fled.

They are frogs and water. Always lie down where its cold.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by seangy4konji: 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
Confam loso.

Ori e pe.
delectablegyal:

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by Ayantoyeopeyem(f): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2016
E
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by FISHMOONEY: 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
Is that enough to make her his only wife

people I know.
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by Ayantoyeopeyem(f): 1:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
Are u crazy? U think all ladys r lyk u?Olobo yerepe. Must u make silly coment?Idiot of first class order
delectablegyal:

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by AfroKnight: 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
zadok60:
With the way our girls are treating us now ehn,i wonder what will happen when the un-expected happens...

Forget Naija babe. They are fairweather friends. Just pray a situation never arises when you would be in dire need of their support.
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by keepingmum: 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2016
why wont she drive to Chibok? when she was surrounded by 100 Armour tanks and security personel angry angry

Foolish woman. Risking the lives of other women's husbands/sons/breadwinners just to prove to her community blokkos horseband that her kinny is the tightest angry
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by Yeeyo: 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
I agree wit ha, surely a boko haram will die 4 boko haram.
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by delectablegyal(f): 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ayantoyeopeyem:
Are u crazy? U think all ladys r lyk u?Olobo yerepe. Must u make silly coment?Idiot of first class order

olosho iyawo ile. Gbogbo okunrin adugbo lo ti ko fun. Liar. Paro pe okunrin imi oti ba e sun yato si oko e?
Re: My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima by ochiora(f): 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
Odiegwu love nwa gbakwaa oku! My Jesus has already died for me. When you die he will marry another who will now reap from my sweat, tufiakwa! Psalm 118:17 ti take over jare!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Was Not in Tinubus Meeting With CBN Governor & NNPC MD (Pics,video ) / Ibrahim Yar'adua And Saratu Sodangi To Wed (Wedding IV Photos) / Oba Okunade Sijuwade Flaunts His Painted Nails During Jonathan's Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.