Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos (7235 Views)

You Have 7 Days To Bring Out Buhari’s Certificate – Group Tells Defence Minister / Buhari’s Certificate: Defence Minister Flays Minimah Over Scandal / Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by SamMilla1(m): 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2009
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/14/cabinet-shake-up-yar’adua-moves-godwin-abbe-to-defence-ministry/

ABUJA - IN an apparent move to increase the pace of the ongoing peace process in the troubled Niger-Delta region, President Umaru Yar’Adua today announced a mini-cabinet reshuffle which led to the swapping of the portfolios of four members of the Federal Executive Council.

A statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Olusegun Adeniyi, said the Chairman of the Presidential Panel on Amnesty and Disarmament of Militants in the Niger-Delta, General Godwin Abbe (rtd) who was until yesterday the minister of Interior will today resume at the Defence Ministry.

The move by the president, according to sources, is geared towards fast tracking the ongoing peace process in the region, especially critical issues that concerns defence, given the background of the new minister, a retired general.

The statement added that “the current Minister of Interior, Major-General Godwin Abbe (rtd) becomes the new Minister of Defence and will take over from the incumbent Minister, Alhaji Shettima Mustapha who is to move to the Ministry of Interior”.

Similarly, the Minister of State (Interior), Alhaji Abdulrahman Adamu is to take over from Mr. Ademola Seriki as Minister of State (Defence), while Mr. Seriki becomes the Minister of State (Interior).

The changes are with immediate effect.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by Beaf: 7:19pm On Jul 14, 2009
Like I have been saying everywhere on this forum; Sao Tome and principe could have successfuly attacked Atlas Cove. The attack lasted three hours yet succeeded.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by TonyTone1: 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2009
Still on the RE CYCLYING THEOREM this people no get plans, SORRY SORRY!!!!! sad
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by SamMilla1(m): 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2009
That is just to convince some people that he did something after the attack.

I believe its not easy for him up there as he is fighting
against some northern elites and the Niger-Delta people.
Plus Massob and co waiting on teh sideline.

But i think thats not the solution.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by emekagh(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2009
lol. Anyone could have easily attack the Atlas Cove, since it obvious that the giant of Africa has porous coastal ways.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by presido1: 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
Itz no rocket science anybody can easily attack anywhere in Nigeria reshuffle or no-reshuffle.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by biola44: 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2009
i tire o!
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by MOSS1(m): 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2009
Mr. President is just a confused human being!!!~~~
For God's sake, it's even apparent in his face! the
man's illness will not allow him  to think clearly. angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by Greycells(m): 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2009
I hope not ASO ROCK, i hope not! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by palmwine(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2009
Even if u tell dem b4 hand, they won't be able to defend it. You know why?

They send the soldiers to face gun fire and embezzle their allowance. If the soldiers protests? Life imprisonment. sad

My guy If na you, you go defend anything for this country?
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by blacksta(m): 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2009
Interchanging one dumb ass for another dumb ass.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by ak21(m): 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2009
presido1:

Itz no rocket science anybody can easily attack anywhere in Nigeria reshuffle or no-reshuffle.

@presido1, you are absolutely right man! After all, some hoodlums attacked INEC headquarters during the 2007 elections.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by samparian(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2009
The minister for defence should have resigned outrightly. yeye man
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2009
Yar'dua himself needs to swap his position with someone else.

He should then go back to Katsina and rest, but would his wife agree?
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2009
ilugunboy:

He should then go back to Katsina and rest, but would his wife agree?

grin grin
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2009
So much good and free things at govt expense has made most of these officials brainless.
Like someone said on another forum, after all these has died down, the MEND strategist should be invited to take over our Defence ministry.

Something tells me that this Mend issue is a prelude to big things to come
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by MrCrackles(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2009
ilugunboy:

True. . . . . All this mini cabinet reshuffles wont convince us the president is working hard! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by jimmysho(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2009
emeka_gh:

lol. Anyone could have easily attack the Atlas Cove, since it obvious that the giant of Africa has porous coastal ways.

through the count of ur post den we will know where u origunate from . stop putting ur yeye and smelling mouth in our national issue, u stinking ghana black boy. it is not ya fault, eru kan ni muni bu igba eru ni ile yoruba
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by Saintb: 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2009
IF YOU ARE DESTINED TO BE A CATTLE REARER, YOU CAN NEVER MAKE IT AS A DOCTOR
AS I SAID BEFORE, IT TIME THOSE ABOKIS MIND THEIR CATTLE. WE ARE NO MORE SAFE IN THEIR HANDS
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by quadrey(m): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2009
recyclin theory indeed naija i dey hail oo we no dey fail to ovapass our past fuckups.
mr yaraadull, yaraaslow and stumblin
u guys should see his midterm report card on saharareporters and ull undastand why the guy is jus not the person to assure this country of true sovereignty not to talk of defendin our porous coastal areas from attacks from all and sundry
i mean anybody can take a shot at the giant of africa now that weve shown that we cant handle a situation till it escalated into a multibillion naira unrest and disgrace to the pride of our nation.  SORRY SORRY OOOO
and now the guy is reshufflin his cabinet like a blackjack dealer still fumblin at the gamblin tables.  OYA U COME HERE, U GO THERE SHIKENA.
is the guy scared to drop people that are obviously incompetent and put in new people who will at least infuse new blood before they start eating their own share of the national chinchin.
NAIJA I DEY HAIL OOOOOO
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by Izunwa(m): 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2009
They should also include minister of education. They fit give am minister of OWAMBE Party. Yeye people.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by sley4life(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
Yes. Petroleum Minister, Niger delta minister should all come from Niger delta. They shouldnt allow Northerners to aspire for such position. Groundnut minister can hail from the the north. If govt can take this in consideration the 9ger delta crisis will be reduced
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by sley4life(m): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2009
MEND have been pitiful. If the militants are really serious with business then they should enter Abuja and bomb all Govt parastatal including the presidential villa with there misile.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 15, 2009
sley4life:

MEND have been pitiful. If the militants are really serious with business then they should enter Abuja and bomb all Govt parastatal including the presidential villa with there misile.

They never get that kind liver grin
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by Nezan(m): 5:03pm On Jul 15, 2009
I have always said that retired military personnel makes me feel more comfortable as defence ministers.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by nigeriaon(f): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2009
THIS IS VERY HILARIOUS

AND AS ONE OF THE EARLIER POSTERS RIGHTLY SAID THIS IS JUST A RECYCLING OF WASTE

AND ALSO AN INDICATION THAT THE COUNTRY IS FILLED WITH A PENETRABLE NATIONAL SECURITY SYSTEM.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by Redman44(m): 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2009
Nothing short of a revolution will correct the injustices in Nigeria. We have a President who has no clue about the keg of gunpowder the nation is sitting on.  Umar Yar'Adua is a disgrace to the great Yar'Adua political dynasty. This is what happens when a President is imposed on the citizens rather than him being elected through the ballot box. Olusegun Obasanjo needs to share part of the blame concerning the present state of Nigeria. OBJ has proved that he is a bad leader. Good leaders are respected with the candidates they push into power. It is obvious that OBJ does not want his little achievements to be surpassed by a much younger purposeful President. That was why he brought in Yar'Adua as his replacement. Very shallow thinking from the Owu man I know Nigeria would not be in this same position if Donald Duke, Peter Odili or any of the other guys had been nominated to occupy Aso Rock.

99% of Nigerian Politicians are insane. Cheers.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by sandee575(f): 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2009
You guys rock humour so well i wish you would
enter for "1000 laughs" and show the comedians there
that they are non-starters.
Yet, the TOPIC is mind boggling. I agree to to!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by walakolobo: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2009
Only in Nigeria are Nigerians happy that there is destruction going on in their country while they keep hailing those perpetuating the destruction.
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2009
BURN BABY BURN, I LOVE A SICK COUNTRY LIKE OURS BURNING TO THE GROUND grin
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by Busuguma(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2009
i was wondering what a veteran agriculturist will do in the defence ministry
just like how dora was sent to information - it is becoming too late for
baba go-slow!!
Re: Nigeria Changes Defence Minister After Mend Attacked Lagos by adybabs: 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2009
Obviously this site is beginning to lose sight of its original objective.i ve a feeling this site is full of tribals, people just send views that lack objectivity.

i can asume that lots of members are teenagers, immature and most likely foreigners or people that have spent so much of their years outside the country.

truly, we are not enjoying good leadership at the moment but i cannot support any form of criminalities or taking arms against my country. the best of freedom and justice are not won by voilence.we ve heard the life of great mahatma ghandhi and martin luther king of the blessed memory

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? / Obama Committee Versus Jonathan Committee / Grounded Aircraft: It’s Witch-Hunt of Political Opponents - Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.